Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Shade rebalancing highlights

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    HURRY UP YOUR ******* ****!11!
    And this is why I can't stand whiny ass old players. We need to bring in new blood and purge the old, people like you are just annoying.

Hopefully FC will fix the leveling and newb experience and deliver a proper ad campaign after the release of the new engine.

I think the whole balance crap should be least priority, and fix other flaws in game first which largely discourage population growth.
    Last edited by notcrattey; Feb 27th, 2010 at 19:48:13.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    And this is why I can't stand whiny ass old players. We need to bring in new blood and purge the old, people like you are just annoying.

Hopefully FC will fix the leveling and newb experience and deliver a proper ad campaign after the release of the new engine.

I think the whole balance crap should be least priority, and fix other flaws in game first which largely discourage population growth.
    It would be a valid point IF AO wasn't a game full of major flaws since years...And pvp, well most broken i saw, ever.Although it can be fun.

balance crap.... are you high or just insane? no offense ofc

please list the things they should fix first, i am really looking forward to open this thread in a few days to read your list of important things to fix, instead of balancing the game.
    220/30 Shade
    Member of Ragnarok!

Quote Originally Posted by Somni View Post
    b
    please list the things they should fix first
    With pleasure:

First off the beginning of the game, newb island and such. The most confusing opening to any game which leads most to leave this game and not continue playing.

Second, no real help with the learning curve, and especially no help with weapons or anything decent to play with, causes new players to quit.

Games reliance on 3rd party programs.

Mid level (75-125ish) dryspell for leveling, where even if people fight it out through the beginning of the game they quit here do to lack of any decent leveling content.

What they're currently doing is trying to retain old members, such as yourself, and make them play for as long as possible. This is clear by FCes actions in making almost strictly TL7 content (and hey, only BALANCING TL7) save dark ruins of course. Issue is of course is this game is not getting nearly enough new players, or rather, not retaining new players very much at all.

It's hard for the re balance to mean anything if there's no one to play it with, people don't play forever you know even with a good incentive.

But I've never really considered AO pvp to be so broken that it needed immediate attention, sans GTH.
    Last edited by notcrattey; Feb 28th, 2010 at 18:02:55.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer

the reason for FC to ignore the noob islands and whatnot is because this game is over the top, its a fact, and they know it. they are making new games and use almost all of their resources on that.
    220/30 Shade
    Member of Ragnarok!

I was bored so I tried to figure out how to make our Nemesis Nano work against multiple professions, while still keeping us a noncaster class and that actually would help us in PvP.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=570970

What do you guys think?

I think this would be great, and could help us turn the fight around in the last seconds.
    This would also make us less "facerollable" and people need to stay on their toes fighting us.

This combined with the changes to spirits and perks I think will do alot for the PvP shade.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Could be fun, draining the trader, rooting the NT. Might be conditionally overpowered, tho. Don't know if a 2 min cooldown will really cut it. It would really be nemesis to support profs that rely on debuffs.

The easiest to balance would probably be a AAO/AAD drain, even if it is a well used concept. Or maybe a mishmash of all our SL procs? 2s stun, -400 ini, 800(400) dmg, 800(400) lifedrain, 5s recharge? That'd be REALLY annoying.
    Proud member of the Wolf Brigade, a supporter of the NDI.

{Edited by Corwynn - Profanity, even badly spelt, is against the forum guidelines}
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    "Hush little baby, don't say a word"
    "Mommy's gonna get you an Ofab Bird."
    "If that Ofab Bird won't swing"
    "Mommy's gonna buy you an Ofab Ring."

Yes, I highly dislike that shade is slowly turning into a casting class (nemesis nano, SHD), will be fighting so we don't end up new NTs
    Procs fit into shade toolset better that offensive nanos, but you need to reach and hit target first to proc
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Yes, I highly dislike that shade is slowly turning into a casting class (nemesis nano, SHD), will be fighting so we don't end up new NTs
    Procs fit into shade toolset better that offensive nanos, but you need to reach and hit target first to proc
    please fight for this! I do not want shade to become a casting class, SHD and nemesis nano is bad enough by itself

FC knows what you want!

You want more nanos to cast!

shade runs trader drain nanite enhanced through your NCU!

Quote Originally Posted by Xealys View Post
    FC knows what you want!

You want more nanos to cast!

shade runs trader drain nanite enhanced through your NCU!
    /rerolls

This is a good idea though I can see the OP p.o.v

what other ideas are being thrown around concerning spirits besides the 1.5 idea you posted?

WTB swimming , BE and nano pool plx!

Quote Originally Posted by lostlife View Post
    what other ideas are being thrown around concerning spirits besides the 1.5 idea you posted?
    No info from devs, even my 1.5 idea hasn't been commented by a dev yet

You are free to suggest stuffs, I'll forward

suggest?

No info from devs, even my 1.5 idea hasn't been commented by a dev yet

You are free to suggest stuffs, I'll forward
    earlier in this thread...
    it's not MY JOB, THE PLAYER to figure out how FC could implement improvements, it's simply something I would like to see happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    notcrattey made the thread tho, it's not our job to supply numbers and schematics for how everything we want should work.
    so.. "buff the spirits" is best i can suggest.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otinsainpas View Post

Oh, ofc it's not your job, you are not working for FC, but you can influence stuff in a constructive and not destructive (this ususally happens when community gets to know something it does not really like) way.

Spirit changes might not be just about numbers, devs are currently evaluating some other options (that are not yet revealed to professionals/public yet).

their isnt a whole lot that can be said about spirits besides make them 1.5 spirits, make then 2.0 spirits, and keep them as they are (only thing i can add to your off-def combo is make off-off and def-def combo function), besides the who "how will they be made" thing

maybe combine alpha off and def for arm spirits? as in xan
    Last edited by lostlife; Mar 12th, 2010 at 23:24:21.

I dislike how procs work in this game even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Otinsainpas View Post

Glad to see you've come on around.

I dislike how procs work in this game even more.
    what would the alternatives be? stun 100% or 0%?
    100% would be to dam powerful, and 0% would cause a "ha ha, your a shade" movement
    sure, new additions could be added to compinsate, but that would be alot of work.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast