Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Shade rebalancing highlights

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel8 View Post
    that isnt a proff. specific tool, and you know it!
    but its a tool my shade will soon have access to

btw, will be be getting any proff specific tools to remove roots, or at least on occasion actually counter them?
    They said that first all CC will be changed (a-la easy to land with a lockout), and only after that all removal/resist tools will be re-evaluated.

Quote Originally Posted by lostlife View Post
    but its a tool my shade will soon have access to
    Pixel8 is right, profession should not be balanced around breed specific bonuses. Everyone should perform decently, being of some specific breed should only give you slight advantage in small part of the gameplay (small hot, a bit of +aad, a bit of +AR). Things like Mongo Rage (and proposed nanomage genome perks) that completely destroy breed balance for profession should not exist.
    Last edited by Graftmage; Mar 24th, 2010 at 17:44:55.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Pixel8 is right, profession should not be balanced around breed specific bonuses. Everyone should perform decently, being of some specific breed should only give you slight advantage in small part of the gameplay (small hot, a bit of +aad, a bit of +AR). Things like Mongo Rage (and proposed nanomage genome perks) that completely destroy breed balance for profession should not exist.
    omg someone that agrees with me!

I really hope for the best guys, I was doing BS earlier yesterday to farm the last bit of VPs for my pad, after about the 4th round I was in tears, no joke. I loathe, hate, and despise BS, and most other mass pvp, on shade

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    i agree that things shouldnt be balanced around breed, but just because things should be a way, doesnt mean they are or will be. give prof x a few perks that are hard to land, but completely **** some one if they do, then add mongo rage and now it isnt that hard to land, wouldnt that be over powered? what im trying to say is that breed needs to be taken into account while proffession balance is going on (not big, but noticable).

P.S. i cant deside what toon to play, how well do end game shades do in duels?

I couldn't tell you, I don't duel much on my shade. having said that, I lose about 3 duels for each duel I win, but then again, I'm solitus and not atrox.

omg someone that agrees with me!

I really hope for the best guys, I was doing BS earlier yesterday to farm the last bit of VPs for my pad, after about the 4th round I was in tears, no joke. I loathe, hate, and despise BS, and most other mass pvp, on shade
    Some shades best of!

post date 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Eluisa View Post
    As always will be ignored, moved and buried..
    Shades are THE most neglected prof, simple as that.
    PVM shades are even falling behind or the gap is closing, so ya sorry sorry state....
    So, whats the "vision" for shades anyway now? because someone seems blind.
    post date 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Brazil View Post
    Hmmmmm,

1. Funcom routinely ignores any and all posts on the Shade forum.
    [Funcom response: "Shade Forum? We have one of those"]
    2. Funcom routinely ignores any and all posts concerning Shades in the Update Forums.
    [Funcom response: "Shades? Are there actually people pleaying them? I thought they died off after 15.0.1!"]
    3. Our so-called "Professionals" rountinely ignore any and all concerns the rest of us have regarding our professions (seems they are too busy with thier other Toons...).

Conclusion?
    All of the ignorance and neglect is actaully SHADE LOVE!

I guess this deserves a Bump.

at mlast but not least(for the lawl)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirilion
    I don't think we'd agree that Shade's are lacking 'badly' in general in any major ways. They fill their role as a damage profession that have to be mindful of agro pretty well. That's not to say there will or won't be any Shade specific changes in the pipeline
    For the record at that time shades were 10 times worse than today(yes it's possible).

2010 nothing new under the shade's sun...

Like all other profs end game shades can do very well if you know how to play it, it is my favorite pvp toon hands down :P

P.S Mass Pvp Sux.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehrndmest View Post
    Like all other profs end game shades can do very well if you know how to play it, it is my favorite pvp toon hands down :P

P.S Mass Pvp Sux.
    I take back some of what I said earlier about duels, I dueled a doc yesterday for like 20 minutes, had the time of my life. pvm perked at that moment, didn't have stun perk

I take back some of what I said earlier about duels, I dueled a doc yesterday for like 20 minutes, had the time of my life. pvm perked at that moment, didn't have stun perk
    dam you, i wanna play the shade again

TR or stun perk. doc's are hard work either way.

tried the nano drain proc ?

wish they couldn't kite so effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    TR or stun perk. doc's are hard work either way.

tried the nano drain proc ?

wish they couldn't kite so effectively.
    I was pvm perked, so PM 10 TR 10 SP 10 CiB 6 Acro 4. had stun proc running. I had to wait until stun proc landed at the right time, and then alpha

btw, will be be getting any proff specific tools to remove roots, or at least on occasion actually counter them?
    We have them already.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    We have them already.
    Not really a viable option imo.

You guys have trouble being pvm perked killing a doc? I am pvm perked so no stun perk and I kill doc's easy. Although the new docs using AS pistol and what ever else are proving to be harder then expected, but the hp/nano drain proc works great..
    Morine 220 Shade
    Zeus84 150/18/5 Sold

I want to know why do shades have to have 3.1k ar to perk a F**** enfo now.... this is getting so bloody stupid... enfos get high ar, high hp, high dd and now got high evades.... How about let shades perk every dam prof 11s SA and evades that count.. then would be fair.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tehrndmest View Post
    Not really a viable option imo.
    Of course it is, but I guess everyone just wants something for nothing.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor84 View Post
    You guys have trouble being pvm perked killing a doc? I am pvm perked so no stun perk and I kill doc's easy. Although the new docs using AS pistol and what ever else are proving to be harder then expected, but the hp/nano drain proc works great..
    well I never said I couldnt do it, just without a stun on demand it takes longer :P

I actually find that doctors using pvp dot are harder to kill than docs using AS pistol, they usually don't cap AS on me

I just meant with AS which will hit through evades, and nukes which they spam makes it harder then a normal pvm type doc with burst and fling.

I also was saying having trouble doing it. maybe I just never notice it but most of the time if I get a doc to duel me, it doesnt take that long, unless I get really unlucky and no stuns land at all.

But I know what you mean about needing the stuns to hit at the right time
    Morine 220 Shade
    Zeus84 150/18/5 Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Thor84 View Post
    You guys have trouble being pvm perked killing a doc? I am pvm perked so no stun perk and I kill doc's easy.
    I think that PvP perked shades have more troubles killing than PvM. Bastards just have way too much HP, chaos ritual from sneak + SA + BS + stun perk + 3 last PM perks do about 70% of good doc health bar Unless SA and BS cap, which they do very rarely. PvM perked you additionally have lots of add damage and TR perks.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

well 1 on 1 you cant use BS, and the last 3 perks of PM also do a huge amount of dd also, well less in pvp. But I know what you mean. and I dont think I have that much more hp, maybe cause ive maxed body dev more then if I was pvp alone. But opi wouldnt have as much as a trox id think
    Morine 220 Shade
    Zeus84 150/18/5 Sold

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast