Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Shade rebalancing highlights

Shade rebalancing highlights

These are things we got from devs. My commends are in italic.

Procs: Include more vampiric-style procs, possibly using percentage-based values.

will help to fight non evaders

Genele: I want shades to actively drain more of their opponents health.
    Graft: current health drains nearly hurt you more (via reflect/damage shields) that heal you
    Genele: well, we will make sure people feel your new drains.
    Items: Unique Shade-specific heal items.

no need to IP treatment/first aid

Token Board: YASE (shades will get regular tokenboards)

YASE

Spirits: We *want* to do something with spirits, but we're still researching possibilities within our current technology on how to reach a viable solution.

probably instead of spirits only buffing one type of abilities, it will buff that type of abilities + other not fully (like arm spirit now buffs 198 def and 0 AR, will buff 198 def and 50% of AR that exsists in symb)

Runspeed/Conceal/Health Drain: Possible extension for nano lines across all level ranges.

will help lowbie shades

Removal need for Mongo Rage

no comments

Overall number rebalancing

increased AR
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

"Items: Unique Shade-specific heal items.

no need to IP treatment/first aid"

OMG YAY! i've made many suggestions about this and its nice to see they finally listened to someone about it. i also hope that taking MR away will maybe make room to combine our aao and aad spirits.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

so there is nothing to help the issue "crat+pets deals more damage then shades" or engi+pets..
    and the agro from damage is divided to 3 sources
    Last edited by Otinsainpas; Jan 7th, 2010 at 10:03:17.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Few things to say only.

So basicly okey the fixes seem quite okey to me except one. Tokenboard well yeah would be nice to get a tokenboard with CL on it as well (like add CL to the Xan boards) But if we need to start farming tokens like we've never had to that's just sad.
    Having a shade was nice cause we just dont have to farm the pesky tokens (yes even tho tokenguns is a fast easy way now) but still. Shades weren't intended to use tokens so dont make them start needing it now.

(Possible fix?) Make a tl7 shade (only) tokenboard that's perhaps slight crappier then the other ones? and make it a reward for a shade only quest perhaps? Anything but the damn tokenfarming since its already way annoying having it done on 3 220s out of 4...

Rest of the stuff seems okey tho.

@ Otinsainpas well my shade doesn't get majorly od'd by crats/engies. And if it got od'd and tanked im fine with it, shades are good at tanking really.

Heyas,

its all a bit vague.

The drain using percentage would be nice, perhaps a (very) slight (temp) addition to Max HP would be helpful as well:
    drain:
    - y % hp from target
    + z % max hp on shade
    + x % hp from target on shade
    That way, draining perks are useful from the beginning of the combat.

As for Spirits: I'd suggest makeing a few spirits able to be TS'ed to allow more diversity. eg: make pure AR (piercing) related spirits more like imps to allow the shade to tradeskill an empty spirit with different weapon skills (AS shades anyone? ). I havent thaught about this fully, so please be gentle

The heal item stuff seems to be nice, but make sure the are not only working in SL

just my 2ct's

/Z
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Sounds Good. Like the plans.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

proc's.... any chance of 'instant cast/recharge' with a cool down ?

active health drains... does this mean more drain dd perks or more drain dot's ?

spirits... sounds interesting

removal of the need for MR... looking forward to the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringy View Post
    @ Otinsainpas shades are good at tanking really.
    shades are not good tanks.. you cant backstab if mob is fighting you.
    and thats bout 30-40k dmg per minute we will lose
    Last edited by Otinsainpas; Jan 7th, 2010 at 14:44:06.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    proc's.... any chance of 'instant cast/recharge' with a cool down ?
    The odds are that yes, you'll see the instant cast/local cooldown mechanic applied to the proc nanos for Shades. The local cooldown mechanic will be applied to a very large number of nanos in-game, and this goes for Shade nanos as well. =)

In line with that, it's also important to note that we will be increasing the nano-based toolset for Shades with this rebalancing effort, as to offer alternatives for Shades who decide not to go for a Notum Repulsor-based setup - You will most likely receive new nanolines with the rebalancing efforts.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    In line with that, it's also important to note that we will be increasing the nano-based toolset for Shades with this rebalancing effort, as to offer alternatives for Shades who decide not to go for a Notum Repulsor-based setup - You will most likely receive new nanolines with the rebalancing efforts.
    So how many NR shades have you seen lately? SHD is not castable in NR1..

The odds are that yes, you'll see the instant cast/local cooldown mechanic applied to the proc nanos for Shades. The local cooldown mechanic will be applied to a very large number of nanos in-game, and this goes for Shade nanos as well. =)
    That will help in situations like yesterday doing Mitaar and using Stun Proc instead of -Init Proc, don't have enough time to cast a new one without being interrupted

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Darn! Time to pour some IP into nano pool . Are those new nanolines buffs or more offensive? I'd hate it going toward a nano casting profession, it will be hard to maintain high AR and decent nano skills/inits to combine it.
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    So how many NR shades have you seen lately? SHD is not castable in NR1..
    Lately != After Rebalancing. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Anything over NR2 (and you need to swap whole equip to buff up in NR2) makes you unable to cast best buffs -> cannot even perk docs

Lately != After The Great Rebalancing(tm) . =)
    Fixed!
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)

Looks promising.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Would it be possible to add some kind of auto - perking option? I have 4 hotbars filled with perks that have recharge as low as 30s. It would be cool if those lines were shortened a bit.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Otinsainpas View Post
    shades are not good tanks.. you cant backstab if mob is fighting you.
    and thats bout 30-40k dmg per minute we will lose
    Well for one, shades are good tanks if they're played well. Ever tanked beast on shade? only takes a proper doc and its doable. About the dmg, well even if tanking i dont get majorly od'd by crats or engis so maybe you're doing something wrong?

But yeah would be nice to get some more dd as shades are climbing further down the DD ladder.

with the changes to NR checking perks, NR 2/3 was looking a lot more worthwhile. so, IMO, this is an accurate prediction.

with more hp drains, evading lots won't be as critical as before. could be interesting having a shade's survival linked to it fighting an opponent. would also soften the blow of having a lot more NR checking damage perks landing on the shade.

since shades are a sneaky parasitic class, would a "forced target reverse knockback effect" be possible ? kind of like the keepers reverse knockback, but instead of the target getting pulled to the keeper, the shade gets pulled or warped to the target ? ie. shade casts nano or uses a perk on a target forcing them to run a reverse knockback effect on the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringy View Post
    Well for one, shades are good tanks if they're played well. Ever tanked beast on shade? only takes a proper doc and its doable. About the dmg, well even if tanking i dont get majorly od'd by crats or engis so maybe you're doing something wrong?

But yeah would be nice to get some more dd as shades are climbing further down the DD ladder.
    What is this "no worry we use def spirits/gear when DDing so we can tank" response when i want more damage. Thats like the opposite of what i want.

but if you say DD shade needs to use def spirits/gear instead of offesive ones, dont look at me when people cry on forums that shade damage is not as good as it should be. Every other classes can go full pvm-dd setup without problem of overagroing and shades cant.

and you dont get majorly od'd.. means that you do get od'd by others that shades.. by a support class?

so ye, so far i dont see anything on the current list that makes shades damage go up and/or removes the need to hold back or tank.
    Last edited by Otinsainpas; Jan 8th, 2010 at 11:09:20.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast