Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wheres the rebalancing ish

Wheres the rebalancing ish

Even Kintaii said he/she was sorry for giving ma's the delayed info to put on their forums. So whatsup?

Wheres the fixers rebalancing info profs?
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

i guess the prof meeped when he heard the news
    Maxtrim, treehugger and advy

My thought too.
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Rac and Arty hasn't been so active on the forums the last few days, might be RL stuff biting their bums atm.
    Fixer issues

fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    --Fixers:

Runspeed: Readjust runspeed curve in AO from the ground-up, decreasing overall speed and raising the maximum runspeed cap to allow Fixers a natural advantage from their runspeed-based toolset.

Runspeed Nanos: Revamp, allow for team amounts to be as good as single-target nanos.

HoTs: Potential team-based variants of existing HoTs. Potential additions of %-based HoTs across various level ranges.

Summon Stuff Lines: Improve ammunition-summoning line. Potentially replacing other summoning lines, as these are all worthless (yeah, that's right, I said it).

Roots/Snares: Duration decreased, faster casting, increased functionality in Shadowlands (goes for all professions).

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Honestly, to me it doesn't look like much.

Is increased runspeed cap the only thing that will be changed to make us more "fixerish"?
    Fixer issues

And that is why we all need to discuss the notes and come up with further ideas/solutions to be presented by your 2 professionals to the devs.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Do runspeed changes mean that pvm encounters will be revamped? There's several places where enough runspeed is critical to success (db1, mitaar, to some extent vortex and db2).
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    And that is why we all need to discuss the notes and come up with further ideas/solutions to be presented by your 2 professionals to the devs.
    Yeah. Nothing wrong with the changes, I just expected more, hehe.

Some things I expected

Homing Permorpha Bullets/Cluster Bullets: Make these useful.

NCU Hacker Interface: Is it going to be upgraded, and if, how much and if, possible other benefits?

Program Override/Ncu crash: Lower NR check and increased range of programs it can actually remove (should also be possible to remove other types than just PSI/Space nanos, and it shouldn't remove NCU and Def stance)

Will experienced survivor give immunity to tractor beam?

Will root/snare NR check be changed also, as it is now, if you can land them, the target that wasn't much of an threat anyway...

Ofab pads: Give it.

Ofab back: Completely obsolete now with the prisoner backs.

Ado brain: Abilities? Intel/Psy/Sense and NR ffs.

Fgrid other: Make at least the SL fgrid usable on RK.

Ofab chest/spec head should have small def bonuses, at least half of what Css gives at same ql.

pvm team desirability: Well fixer are not alone there... personally I would like to have some pulling tools. (Just my thought).

SL warps: Remove the need to have key equipped.

Nano cost on low level short hots: Tooooo high.

Access to Control symbs: (wet dream ;-p)

Burst and B/E on all arty R-arm symbs: Why not?

All I could think about atm....
    Fixer issues

I hope they improve the summon-line to target cast. Filling peoples inventory with things they didn't order would be grand.

In all seriousness, I was expecting some of the things Fekal mentioned to pop up in this list, ala PO/NCU Crash, upgrades to the NHI and Homing Permorpha's.
    And maybe something more inline with giving us a bit more identity, be it through some B&E'ish themed whatchamajigmechanic.

I'm curious for more and I do hope they don't spent too much time with the ammo-summoning idea tho.
    Last edited by Sethic; Jan 7th, 2010 at 16:11:27.

->Sethic 220/30!/70 - Equip - Tetnman - Proud President of TETN / Hunter of Gridmonkeys - Atlantean
    ->Grittlez 2xx/29/6* - Equip - ex155.
    ->Vaithic 150/20/** - Equip - Euthanasia through means of oversized cannons (ETMOSC tm).
    ->Vaithe 150/15 - Sleeping...
    ->Wrangletit - Billy Bob Monocle - Grumpy salestrox and carry-all.
    -> Some alts not worth mentioning

TETN <3
    Server first to say "GUUUHUHUHUHN" out loud.

FA support at tl5? Since we either losing AS or FA and most will drop AS....
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

--Fixers:

Runspeed: Readjust runspeed curve in AO from the ground-up, decreasing overall speed and raising the maximum runspeed cap to allow Fixers a natural advantage from their runspeed-based toolset.

Fixers being the fastest prof sounds good, not so sure what "runspeed-based toolset" is tho.
    An overall decrease in runspeed will suck tho imho. Maybe it's because I'm used to being speedy on 220 fixers but it sure is a pain to play alts/lowbies.
    And the sync issues that some people claim to be because of too much runspeed is happening just as much at all levels on all profs. The runspeed is not the problem.

Runspeed Nanos: Revamp, allow for team amounts to be as good as single-target nanos.

An ok change but it does not benefit fixers more than cutting down on 'buffing others'-time.

HoTs: Potential team-based variants of existing HoTs. Potential additions of %-based HoTs across various level ranges.

Team-based HoTs would sure cut down the time we are in recharge so that's good. But it still wont do anything for a fixer to perform better in game.
    Potential %-based HoTs for lower levels sounds good but being a profession with almost no HP-adding items at all... I'm not sure it will actually do any difference.

Summon Stuff Lines: Improve ammunition-summoning line. Potentially replacing other summoning lines, as these are all worthless (yeah, that's right, I said it).

Good news. Although nothing groundbreaking, nor beneficial to perform better in game.

Roots/Snares: Duration decreased, faster casting, increased functionality in Shadowlands (goes for all professions).

I dont see how decreased duration would benefit anyone besides our targets in PvP. Faster casting? I hope that equals lowered recharge as well otherwise it's just a swing and miss imo. Increased functionality in SL sounds good. Actually the only good PvM news so far for fixers.

All I see here will pretty much just benefit teammates. Which I'm certain someone can stretch to 'You will be more likely to find a team' but I doubt that will be enough. It didnt really work before when fixers were needed for NCU buffs.

Skimming through and comparing other professions changes to whats posted here makes me hope there will be more for fixers, alot more.
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

There isn't a whole lot to talk about yet.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    There isn't a whole lot to talk about yet.
    That's what worries me. When even Kintaii apologised to MA's for being late with the info and they seem to have gotten more beneficial changes than us.
    So far ofc.
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

wow...just...wow...sorry i asked

Originally Posted by Kintaii
    --Fixers:

Ok kinda cool that fixers will be the fastest again...

Nothing big here...

Nothing too big here...

Thats the best FC could come up with?...

Once again, this "rebalancing" seems to lean more towards the pvpers and forgetting about pvm. "Duration Decreased" comes solely from pvp whiners
    Atlantean
    ------------------

I would like to see a more advanced version of our nanos that delete targets nanos of 15 ncu or less.

Something like where we would be able to steal that buff or whatever for 5 seconds or something.

Get rid of the OFAB Back item and give us some damned pads like Fekal and many others have suggested. Why give us an ofab back item when we have SWS XI? Really?

Maybe I shouldnt say anything should they take SWS XI away :P
    Atlantean
    ------------------

SWS timer's would be a huge boost

Hots need to be totally redone and balanced around variable hp setups, tl5 at least needs to be viable to maintain a lot more hp and a bit of healing to match.

We need a standardized pvp weapon option from level 120-210ish.

It would be as simple as lowering FA recharge on hawk, but with how fullauto recharge is calculated a low tl7 fixer in bad equipment would be able to get 11s FA on the weapon if a tl5 could get around 30s so it needs more thought.

Fullauto support needs to be extended at all levels, its possible to make pvp and pvm version of FA weapons, hawk with decent recharge for pvp and a smg version of bigburger for pvm. (although Perenniums/SMG's are decent for pvm fixers until after level 150)

Change to roots/snares sound good, but they need to be able to land and at least stick for more then half a second when a target is being hit. Only way to keep a person rooted for any decent length of time for example is to simply stop hitting them altogether, this is both a little to powerful when solo and fighting one melee target while at the same time being totally useless if you plan to actually be shooting your opponent or playing with others.

Summoning line will be actually useful for ammo for once if we can get containers. The only other real use I could see for the line is summoning the stims that can be tradeskilled from stores such as advanced restoration hits (ql 190/125/100/75/50/25 for levels 220/165/120/90/55/30 or something)

The runspeed rebalance will only work if we have more runspeed then other professions (only need a tiny bit more then others). Currently we are our own worst enemy when it comes to this right now due to our GSF being a much wanted OSB that gives the same or slightly less then our own selfbuff. Basically we need runspeed added onto our perklines, our buffs could be nerfed to compensate for the increase (self and other). Rage and Wolf should also no longer stack with gsf.

Also the less measurable factor in all this is the rampant runspeed hack and teleportation. This would need to be solved if its even possible before we can see an accurate effect on the live servers.

Program Override and the low NCU Crashes are a good concept, but the implementation leaves something to be desired. Removing long duration buffs permanently is generally a bad idea, PO/NCU Crash are also the only possibility we have for killing (or even hurting) some professions and the higher resist from these nano's makes some fights simply feel like running around in circles until it lands then test your lucky alpha and repeat.

Make them land easier and not remove long buffs permanently, however keep the effect of lowering nanoskills/abilitys that it had from composite removal. It could be even expanded more the be useful against more then evade professions.

Bump for removing ofab back and adding pads, we are already a really expensive profession to outfit, removing iGoC's from the list of items needed would help.

Special bullets need an improvement at all levels, at low levels you either cant use decent ones (low burst skill at low levels) and/or they arn't effective enough.

Moving around in SL should be made easier for a fixer, we are the messengers after all, getting around is our business.

Something I would also like to see is the ability for grid revivals once again, but in a way that is actually designed not just a bug. We lost this ability a few years ago with changes to game mechanics, I don't even know if it was intended to be removed. Possibly casting a nano on a team member who has died but there body has not yet turned into remains (this is a very short period atm)

Burst on right arm at all levels would be loved by many people. And if B+E was useful it would be worth adding as well.

Casting hots should not take an excessive amount of nano (tl7 is alright, but still on the high side for short hot), the only justification for it right now is due to the fact you get 1 tick of the hot on the initial cast. Add a check to see if a hot is already running before doing that first tick and the issue is solved, I wouldn't mind the tactical loss of small high cost instant heal if we had decent hots to begin with. (GPM is really nice however)
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

I"d like to see fgrid reworked; why do we have to run to a grid terminal? Fgrid single/team/other should all just spawn an item in inventory, instead of having to use the spawned item on a grid terminal, just right click to use. If we can meep, surely we can do something like get back into the fgrid from the ass-end of PW.

I'd like to see SL travel reworked. 2 nanos, 1 single, 1 team, that work off which key you have equipped; so each person in a team could conceivably end up in different gardens, depending on which key they equipped, including sanct keys. And why can't we end up right in front of the save point, especially when anyone with a vet beacon can do it?
    An SL meep of sorts that works without any keys equipped would be nice, but they might want to keep the requirement of keys to keep people from hopping straight to the garden and skipping the usual run to save when first in a new zone.

I'd like to see the level requirement removed on the SL runbuffs - being able to boost a lowbie's rs isn't really game changing in any real way, it's just a convenience thing.

Maybe it's not possible, but regarding runbuffs - with BBS and firewalled ncu buff, we get things out of it that aren't shared with everyone in the team. Maybe GSF could be done in a similar way? If it's running on a fixer, he gets X amount of rs and/or evades, if it's running on any other prof they only get Y amount of rs and/or evades.

SWS timer would be damn nice.

I could see the special bullets be improved and expanded on... maybe that could be the focus of the summon nanos instead of being a) almost never used or b)an ammo dump for everyone else. IMO people adapted to the current summon nanos being useless long ago, fixing them now when you can already buy a huge amount of ammo in seconds seems like a waste of dev effort.

I could see removing the break chance from all roots/snares in exchange for reduced duration, as well as pvp only roots/snares with very short duration and short term immunity given after it wears off, in exchange for virtually no NR check. Dependability being the main goal, without hearing every other prof whine about spammability.

Getting an upgraded NCUHI would be nice, with some nano delta or cost reduction too please, especially if our casting side is getting a boost.

Maybe getting B&E added as an attack skill on a reworked version of PO/NCU Crash, possibly with lower NR check, as well as improving what those nanos can do?

Anything and everything else to move the fixer identity away from soldja lite. Improving our support/healing abilities is a good start.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

dont forget that advs can get close to if not more runspeed than fixers. i would insert that in the wishlist or your runspeed "advantage" will go poof as soon as you encounter an unrootable, unsnareable, unkillable ranged adv, that can kite even fixers

disclaimer: this is not a troll post
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    dont forget that advs can get close to if not more runspeed than fixers. i would insert that in the wishlist or your runspeed "advantage" will go poof as soon as you encounter an unrootable, unsnareable, unkillable ranged adv, that can kite even fixers

disclaimer: this is not a troll post
    it's a fact.
    Fixer issues

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast