Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Stuff in the works...

I don't think collapsing multiple red tapes into one means you won't be able to stack up the old red tapes, rather it means there will be one new red tape nano that debuffs the same/slightly more/slightly less than the current stack does.

To avoid a ridiculous amount of debuff, all FC would need to do is put the new nano into the same nanolines as the other red tapes, so if the 3x red tapes debuffs for more, you still have that option, or if you need to cut your casting a bit, like for PvP, you can cast the new single.

In fact, this gave me an idea for a suggestion to the new "collapsed" red tape.

When you execute the new red tape, on a successful land, it should drop 3 nanos on the target, NRT 1 2 and 3. Debuffs 350, 200 and 200 each for a total of -750. On a successful land, it puts a local lockout (a la new stuff NTs are getting, a la ICH, a la DM) that stops you from keeping the new collapsed one perma running on the target.

BUT, you can overwrite NRT1 with Nanite Advanced RT, NRT2 with Normalised, NRT3 with IRT, etc etc.

Hope this makes sense, I've just woken up. Keeping a target debuffed (and debuffed for more) will still require the old tapes, but in a faster paced environment where -750 is better than -400 then -250 then -250 due to the time taken, we have another option.

What do you guys think?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Pretty sure it means there will be one combined red tape with ~ same amount of init debuffs as full old stack does.

Lets face it , while there's no denial tapes are quite a tool for pvm , using them effectively can be really quite exhausting especially if you are doing a lot of rounds of some instance.

It would be nice if there was a way to make a combined red tape for pvp and then keep the old ones for pvm for the reasons mentioned by others above
    Beartime 132 Froob Advy
    Peacefulbear 220/21 Crat
    Bearcares 211/10 Doc

Squad Commander of Knights Of Ka

Yea, make old ones PvM only and a combined one for our "fast paced PvP"...
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

I don't know why you would not want to make things easier for yourself. Crats have been asking for a collapsed Red Tape for a while and now some are saying "No, thanks."
    Gracee e : Blooop e - SPIRIT

They won't stack if they get collapsed into one nano... collapsed means the old ones disappear and the new one replaces them. Ostensibly debuffing for the same total effect as stacking them does.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    They won't stack if they get collapsed into one nano... collapsed means the old ones disappear and the new one replaces them. Ostensibly debuffing for the same total effect as stacking them does.
    Well so long as it's same or better. Will save farming chests for IRT I guess.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Well so long as it's same or better. Will save farming chests for IRT I guess.
    Dont say that, they will go and remove the Ofab nanos and make us all get IRT instead >.<
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Shorter lasting CC - no thanks.

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke View Post
    Yea, make old ones PvM only and a combined one for our "fast paced PvP"...
    Bump, instead just make one combined non stackable with other tapes, dont remove the old ones or make them pvm only.

I would suggest more changes :

1) Pet fun commands like /pet disco
    2) Increased Psychic checks for PvM fear nanos or more nanos with high psychic checks.
    3) Stacking Psychic Drain nano with Brain Freeze :O (This will take our charming to a whole new level)
    Last edited by techprince; Jan 18th, 2010 at 07:09:44.

Wouldnt 2 and 3 kinda cancel eachother out?
    Game Suggestion:Make TL7 more then just a rush to 215+. Lower Profession Nanodeck levelreq down from 215+ to the level you can do the quest, 205+.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=566563

Quote Originally Posted by Valhallur View Post
    Wouldnt 2 and 3 kinda cancel eachother out?
    No, 2 is to get more pvm fear nanos OR to increase targets psychic check on old nanos. Third is to allow Brain Freeze nano ro stack with Drain Psychic nano

Well, _increasing_ the psychic check was the part that got me confused.. Usually a higher check means harder to land, but a higher "less then" check would be the opposite indeed.
    Game Suggestion:Make TL7 more then just a rush to 215+. Lower Profession Nanodeck levelreq down from 215+ to the level you can do the quest, 205+.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=566563

Speaking of psychic checks, are we ever going to be able to bag a short charm to use alongside Carlo or New Carlo?
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Speaking of psychic checks, are we ever going to be able to bag a short charm to use alongside Carlo or New Carlo?
    Sort of. We might get something like that in our ability to save charms for later. Right now you can have two regular charms at the same time, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to save a long and a short charm for later either, although you must realize that that whole idea is very tentative right now.

Sort of. We might get something like that in our ability to save charms for later. Right now you can have two regular charms at the same time, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to save a long and a short charm for later either, although you must realize that that whole idea is very tentative right now.
    Sorry by "bag" I meant, grab, as in, Carlo and CEO is up, now to go and Choir Fantastic something.

I can totally understand Carlo blocking one of either the long or short charm, since he's supposedly a charm, but not both.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Sorry by "bag" I meant, grab, as in, Carlo and CEO is up, now to go and Choir Fantastic something.

I can totally understand Carlo blocking one of either the long or short charm, since he's supposedly a charm, but not both.
    Well, originally, carlo was clearly at least equal, if not better than most two charm combos. That was before the HD nerf.

Now I'm not sure, really. Not letting you charm while carlo is out gives you a reason to use two npc charms, which is cool imho.

Well, originally, carlo was clearly at least equal, if not better than most two charm combos. That was before the HD nerf.

Now I'm not sure, really. Not letting you charm while carlo is out gives you a reason to use two npc charms, which is cool imho.
    There's still plenty of reasons to use 2 NPC charms even if we could use short charm along with Carlo. As you said, he compared to 2x NPCs in the past, however currently, especially since Choir Fantastic appeared, he doesn't and doesn't come close. Lots of soloing that Crats do would still require 2x NPCs. The short charm + Carlo would just add some DD to mobs we can already easily take using Carlo, or add damage in the case of Pande raids, inf missions, etc.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Carlo is still a better damage dealer than most charms x2 (excluding Shadow Eremites). You can even solo bigots with Carlo.
    This is mostly due to his very fast attack, being 5 handed.
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Malaxia View Post
    Carlo is still a better damage dealer than most charms x2 (excluding Shadow Eremites). You can even solo bigots with Carlo.
    This is mostly due to his very fast attack, being 5 handed.
    Last time I ran a DD dump, an Anansi and Asase Child OD Carlo. Not by a huge factor, but they do and funnily enough I tested this theory on a Bigot. I think that's purely because with Carlo against a Bigot I have to get Carlo to wait more often because he has much less HP than an Anansi Child, and per hit they hit slightly harder and when they crit, they crit for around 3-4k.

He does kick a Vortexoid + Notum Scourge's ass though, but doesn't have the HP for the situations where you'd be using those.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast