Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Stuff in the works...

Stuff in the works...

Hark! I bring news of the devs and their crafty plans for bureaucrats! I know you don't want to listen to me wax on, so I'll get right to it.

Stuff in the works:

Crowd control:

it's going to be completely revamped. Yay! It will likely be shorter lasting, more dynamic, and hopefully much more useful (both in pvp and in pvm/SL)!

Pets:

also going to be revamped, specifically with attention to how outdated crat bot pets are, leveling crats, and crats who pvp at sub-220 levels.
    New TL5 secondary pet (like a mini-carlo) that would be obtained with pen quest instead of the rollable brainfreeze (retroactive if you did quest already).

Charms:

there are talks about providing a way for bureaucrats to 'capture the essence' of npc's/monsters and spawn them later on in other zones for pvm or pvp!

Nukes:

more interesting nukes and more support for nukes as a REAL damage alternative, instead of just a damage supplement.

Misc. Fixes:

TTB: getting reworked to become worth casting!

Multiple Red Tap lines: collapsed into one!

Charm pathing/scrip behavior bugs: getting fixed! (eg /pet wait not working)

UPDATES! Jan. 13, 2010

Some more details about pets:

As a part of the effort to fix bad pet pathing, we will get a new and more powerful instant pet warp nano that can break pet combat, and perhaps CC. Basically, we'll have a reliable way to find our pets, regardless of what crazy thing they're trying to do and regardless of if they are way out of range.

Also, about improved pets, the devs are going to go through every attack and defense skill our pets have and make sure that they are updated to be on par with current standards, as well as boost defenses to the point where they aren't easy to drain and gank as they are now.

About defenses:

The exact mechanics of how this will be implemented have not been decided yet, whether it'll be a perk or a nano, but all pet professions are going to gain the ability to re-direct a certain amount of damage to their pets, and an increased ability to heal pets in conjunction with this ability. This probably won't be a static defense, but a dynamic, emergency kind of defense (like take the bullet was intended to be, except actually useful).

Now that we're free to talk about these plans, me and Mala would love to hear your feedback on all this. I don't have many details to post yet, but what do you guys think? Personally, I think that these plans address many of our biggest complaints, but what about you all? Do you have any major concerns that have NOT been addressed yet?
    Last edited by Sterva; Jan 13th, 2010 at 19:00:04. Reason: Added infos

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

YAY MEMO (I came up with the capture the charm idea!)
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Better make sure those captured pets terminate rather than go free or we're gonna have an awful nasty Horror infestation at FT
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

I bet they will just desummon like normal pets. Would be cool if when they did they resapwned their pokeball, I mean spawn document, where they despawned.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Well that is a good idea on the capture pets. Like it. Till the Inf Heck is on the TL5 BS. That could be interesting.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Anansi's children in BS rawr!
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Did i hear something about a tl5 carlo? and Crats will have cyberdeck right?

The 1st item "Crowd Control" worries me to no end.

Shorter calms? That is going to seriously complicate soloing dynas...you'll be spending all your time re-calming the surrounding mobs.

What else will be affected? Roots and Snares? if so, how?

Just leveled my Crat to 220 so I'd have a toon to solo Albtraum and Inf Dynas with.

Absolutely love the current CC toolset and am going to be royally ticked off if we get nerfed further (agree that the stuns were over the top...but still).

"Multiple Red Tape lines collapsing" sounds great in principle but only if they still add up to the current total debuff. If the total is less I wasted a lot of time on farming IRT and the VPs for the LE debuffs. And, ofc, our soloing abilities are further nerfed.

Nukes? bleh...not bad not great...we'll see

Taking charms across zone boundaries...cool

Bug fixes....well duh...ofc we like those

So far this sounds like very mixed news and certainly does not add up to good news. Hope you can lay my worries to rest.
    Sawbones2 220/22 NM Doc, General of Pantheon
    Rootntootm 220/25 Soli Crat
    Rockmsockm 212/19 Trox Enfo
    Swaptioneer 175/13 Opi Tradah
    Sliderule 134/11 Soli Engie

without the details, this info is quite a teaser ... and can go in one direction or another. ..
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Awwwww heeeeeeeeeeelllllll YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    Awwwww heeeeeeeeeeelllllll YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
    you know something we dont ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Thats good news!!! Also make sure we get psychology weappons

My reaction was similar to Sawbones. The crowd control being shorter lasting worries me with regard to calms - I hope they don't make those any shorter because I don't see any need for it and as Sawbones pointed out it would make killing inf dynas a real pain as well as affecting other pvm stuff. On the other hand if area calms, roots etc. were made to work in SL like they do in RK that would be cool. And of course it would be nice if they worked better in pvp.

The red tape lines collapsing sounds nice, it would be great for pvp as there isn't usually time to cast everything b4 I'm dead!

Charm idea sounds great for BS pre-220, most other places seem to have appropriate charms unless the mobs are grey in which case it would be nice. It would be cool to get one charm and not have to worry abt finding another one after zoning through a garden though.

Improved nukes would be nice for pvp, though they seem to work ok in pvm.

TTB umm trying to figure out what that stands for

Maybe a way to kill people with nano skills setup as well as the usual AR/AS setup would be nice...
    Beartime 132 Froob Advy
    Peacefulbear 220/21 Crat
    Bearcares 211/10 Doc

Squad Commander of Knights Of Ka

Quote Originally Posted by -Bear- View Post
    TTB umm trying to figure out what that stands for
    Take The Bullet.

One thing I still think would be nice is making charms work in pvp against players.
    Just have 2 Psy caps, 1 for PvM as is now and 1 for PvP thats a lot higher.

Charm lands, player shoots people on his/her/its own side, like in 12 man.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbones2 View Post
    The 1st item "Crowd Control" worries me to no end.

Shorter calms? That is going to seriously complicate soloing dynas...you'll be spending all your time re-calming the surrounding mobs.

What else will be affected? Roots and Snares? if so, how?

Just leveled my Crat to 220 so I'd have a toon to solo Albtraum and Inf Dynas with.

Absolutely love the current CC toolset and am going to be royally ticked off if we get nerfed further (agree that the stuns were over the top...but still).

So far this sounds like very mixed news and certainly does not add up to good news. Hope you can lay my worries to rest.
    I think that the idea right now is for cc to function differently in pvm from pvp (same nano, two different effects). This will allow cc to become balanced and useful in pvp without nerfing its pvm functionality.

And, over all, cc is supposed to become more functional in BOTH pvm and pvp. It's already pretty good on RK, but half of our tools barely work in SL. This, along with inneffectiveness in pvp will be looked into.

Any words from weapons department?
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    Any words from weapons department?
    The word on weapons is diversification. Pets and nukes are going to be more viable as an alternative to high personal damage through pistols. As far as something like a psychology based pistol, no word on that yet.

Damn you Sterva, I just came back from work and you've already posted that Do you sleep in the forums ? ;p
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Malaxia View Post
    Damn you Sterva, I just came back from work and you've already posted that Do you sleep in the forums ? ;p
    Yes! Actually... hehe

Alb Eremites loose in Tower Wars! Yay!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast