Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: OK, let's talk about new stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    They root, you pop rage to break root, both of you are in cooldown and can't rage/root more.
    Great for Duels, but thats not PvP. What about the other 3 people rooting and snaring you. Thats what we have Rage for.
    The reality of only getting rgetting rooted by one person in PvP is laughable.
    Big "T"
    President of Nocturnal Fear

Obtena, Arrien, Kintaii, can we please get some more concrete information on these changes. Looking at some of the other profesionals posts we seem to be lacking alot of crucial information to make non-hysterical speculations.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    1.Mongo - In short, it will be improved over all Title Level Ranges. The direction to do that appears to be the addition of nanos in the line, as well as a 'rescaling'. As we know, there is a gap to fill there around tl6, early TL7.
    What kind of "improvements" are you talking about? More hp? Higher taunt value? Bigger HoT? More info please.

2. Rage - Seems we are getting a cooldown on that. Don't get too upset ... many things are, including the debuffs that Rage is meant to remove.
    What's FC's currently proposed cooldown period versus CC cooldown? I know there's a whole other thread on this, but it's mostly enfs speculating how long they'd be willing to lockout. What is the -current- vision from FC?

3. Taunts - Again, changes slated for this across the board for all professions as I understand.
    More info on this? The perk docs seem to indicate that our taunt perks would taunt for more. Is that it? How are single taunts being improved if at all?

All this just seems like we haven't gotten nearly the information as other professions have gotten from their professionals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

I'm a bit confused, there was nothing mentioned about parry/riposte except in the MA/Keeper threads. I'd like some clarification that we actually are receiving the ability to use parry/riposte, otherwise the setup I prepped for the balance patch is completely flawed, and I will have to hypothetically jump off a bridge.

Other than that, a 8-15 second cooldown on rage doesn't sound too bad at all for duel scenarios, but it does pose a large problem for mass pvp. When you consider how many CC/root/snare professions there are in battlestation, and that they will know the limitations on rage, do you not think they will use it to their advantage? Unless there is a cooldown on the target and the caster, I can see plenty of abuse to the rage cooldown.

I think its great the SL essence lines are getting brought down to size. A 12k health boost from an improved line to the MUB nano was drastically high. People always compliment when I do a good job tanking, but to be realistic, all you have to do to be a great tank is spam rage, mongo, an occasional absorb, and maybe even cocoon. I can't even recall the last time I had to use BR when I was in the presence of a doctor in pandemonium.
    Silentsnipr3 220/27/69 Martial Artist Equip
    Behehe 220/30/69 Enforcer Equip
    Barbqq 170/11 NT
    Flurryofcutz 166/17 Advy

Proud General of Shadowmercs

if nr were fixxed to be more reliable, then ther would be less need to chain cast rage.
    oh, and all melee profs are getting parry/riptose

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post
    lol.. where do you get your intel from?
    I have access to a 220 engineer.. from a friend who gave me his account.
    But I have never seriously played that engineer.. it's just a nice extra dd or TS when I need one.
    My enforcer has always been my main..
    Totally understand your anger.. let's just hope funcom handles this the right way.
    In the end, many things are going to change and these are just some of the many to come.
    It's not just rage that is being discussed here.. it's the whole CC system.
    He he Harios I have it from you man ... you told me ... and you were a lil upset about Enfos state as of today and yet you advocate for the "nerf" ( can t call it nerf yet...in the whole scheme of changes might not be that bad...)
    PS. I m Vasc btw remember we were at BS terminal when I challenged your engy for duel when no pets were up you were logging anyway btw (not that I can kill an engy lol but hey they need improved pets for even more DMG ??? this is proposed when everyone knows their dmg output is high allready)

All in all I really don t care about what they change but I d really like to keep our MOBILITY. Actually all darn melee classes should have good mobility. REMEMBER stuns are going to be nerfed ... alpha will take longer from my understanding (so prolly the term alpa will dissapear) and FC wants to cut our mobility for 8-15 secs? Lol that s 2 AS up our arse allready. God forbid an agent is around while your rooted lol. I bet you you ll eat prolly 3x AS by the time that you ll reach him to actually hit him.

Even as of today if too many ranged prof are on BS I drop like a fly (mind you im running with 32k on BS no more )... if there are more mellee or greens ya I ll live for a while.... quite a while BUT make no mistake ... other professions will do WAY WAY better than you. I see engys rushing into whole groups and doing crazy dmg same with solds, advys ... even darn keepers survive quite long times (give keepers more AR and DMG and we are back to op keepers again)

As for FC they have yet to prove it that they are really trying. Till then no money ... really they had plenty of time to do it and yet they decided to add "clubs" cmmon... .
    At start they might be totally off ... but with a lil time and feedback from community they should get where they should be. Problem is WHO to listen from community ? Feedback pple should fall in different categories normal equipment, better equipment, best equipment...PVP/PVM? ...TL... you got the idea prolly... Let's say that X class is complaining that they are not doing well in PVP then let s see their opponents and equip. If players from X class that are complaining have poor equip and they are fighting against best equip doesn't make sens to make adjustments to "match" the players

I d say bring the changes to test server invite pple to BS give them equip with the 3 lvls of equip and get the feedback try to mix darn BS on one side pple who are happy and the other side pple who are not happy and see how the battle goes (if it s a total dissaster then balance failed lol) til then is just IDEAS and it s really hard to come with constructive feedback really other than just personal ideas based on current system perception and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    Obtena, Arrien, Kintaii, can we please get some more concrete information on these changes. Looking at some of the other profesionals posts we seem to be lacking alot of crucial information to make non-hysterical speculations.
    All this just seems like we haven't gotten nearly the information as other professions have gotten from their professionals.
    You got the information that was made available, if it seems thin, maybe it's because the other professionals like to type lots of stuff. Their descriptions are no more detailed than what I have given. Maybe they just like to write stuff but I can assure you, there is nothing else to report to you guys right now. When I know more, you KNOW I will be giving it to you.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

obtena, would you be able to tell us what you are pushing for? what FC has one in the "possibly pile, or what FC has in the "this isnt happening unless some one makes 2 deals with the devil" pile?

I really disagree with the Rage cooldown, if they put a cooldown on Rage they should tone down/completely remove snares on SL essences, Rage is one of the tools we use so we can actually MOVE in endgame encounters. Putting a cooldown on Rage will lock us out of IMongo making it possible to wipe/lose numbers.
    Ablun Level 220/18 Enforcer

wasn't nerfing cocoon enough for you? now you're coming after rage nano... the only thing i liked about enforcer was the fact i could still run away when my perks were down... I guess i won't be able to do that anymore if rage gets a lockdown.

It's kinda lame to nerf rage after all this time that worked fine.
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

Quote Originally Posted by Luiza View Post
    wasn't nerfing cocoon enough for you? now you're coming after rage nano... the only thing i liked about enforcer was the fact i could still run away when my perks were down... I guess i won't be able to do that anymore if rage gets a lockdown.

It's kinda lame to nerf rage after all this time that worked fine.
    Oh noes, Luiza wont be able to run to backyards anymore after failed ganks. Boo hoo. Whatever shall we do!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Oh noes, Luiza wont be able to run to backyards anymore after failed ganks. Boo hoo. Whatever shall we do!
    that's my main concern, dying is not fun... i guess il play another profession that suits my playstyle

RIP Enfos
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

Quote Originally Posted by lostlife View Post
    obtena, would you be able to tell us what you are pushing for? what FC has one in the "possibly pile, or what FC has in the "this isnt happening unless some one makes 2 deals with the devil" pile?
    Well, there was one thing I was one idea I had to soften the Rage blow, but I can't really tell you what it is because it seems like the devs had similar thinking already. I'm only able to release information that I'm told I can, when 'they' say I can so the bottom line is: NO, I can't give you more ... yet.

From my own personal ideas, I was pretty much onboard with what many others have been pushing in the 2010 wishlist: damage mitigation. Both for PVP purposes and for less reliance on heals for the upcoming heal nerf we keep hearing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Luiza View Post
    that's my main concern, dying is not fun... i guess il play another profession that suits my playstyle

RIP Enfos
    I wish you luck in your quest. From where I sit, you won't find AO a very fun place anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by xAblunx View Post
    Putting a cooldown on Rage will lock us out of IMongo making it possible to wipe/lose numbers.
    I think you are misinterpreting what cooldown means ... it's not a nanoskill debuff like Challenger or nano recharge. It simply prevents you from recasting Rage in a defined period of time after you cast it. You can cast anything else you want, as long as you aren't in nano recharge or if that 'anything' has it's own cooldown you are experiencing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    I've posted this in... er... well, at this point nearly every rebalancing thread out there, but I figure it's worth repeating over here as well.

I can understand the standpoint that a lotta people have, in that given the current game mechanics and "balance" (and I use the term loosely), yes - Some of the changes we're looking at making don't really seem like they make any sense. But what's important to remember is that the current "balance" (again used about as loosely as possible) will not be the balance (not used loosely) that exists after we're done. When things like HP get adjusted downward, there are *other* adjustments incoming which will help to offset that fact. When nanos like Rage are altered, there will be adjustments to other toolsets which will counteract any loss.

Our end goal is to put all the professions on an even playing ground again. To get AO to a place of balance that it hasn't seen since before Notum Wars was released. It will be a lot of work. It will be hard. But we do have a goal in mind, and with the help of our Professionals and player base giving feedback, we're very enthusiastic about our chances of getting there in the end. =)
    I get that. But for me personally I just don't know that I agree that its a good idea. The reason a lot of people play certain classes are because the advantages they have over other classes in certain situations. People like the differences in classes and potential benefits their class selection brings on the battlefield. I don't know that leveling the playfield would be what I would do. Everyone just becomes the same toon with a different skin in other words. This loses a lot of why we play AO. We like diversity, we like some things and hate others. This is the way it is and will always be (I know some disagree with this). If you totally "rebalance" things I hope there is not the perception this will end the whining, I seriously doubt it will, it will just change what is whined about.

I guess you guys have a goal, to return the game to some perceived balance it had before NW...which I can tell you first hand didn't exist, but whatever, not my goal ( Do i need to remind the devs that before NW NTs could nuke from Yalms and docs could heal from them ) I just hope it doesn't take away from the flavor of this game that makes it so great and why some people like myself have been playing this for 9 years instead of some other MMO.

I have faith you'll do a good job. I just hope I like it and other old timers do as well. And kudos for trying, I know its all in the spirit of making this game fun.
    Last edited by madridd; Jan 9th, 2010 at 01:23:03.
    Almadena

I can not believe it !

The new jear starts really Crappy!
    Ivida 220 Martial Artist
    Ividia 220 Enforcer
    Nukiee 220 Nano-Technician
    Magicstick 220 Doctor
    Swiggles 220 Soldier
    Shenia
    220 MP
    Naarf 220 Agent
    Flippy 170 Agent
    Giggelz 150 Martial Artist
    Curative 150 Doctor

(German)
    Du bist auf der suche nach einer Netten Clan Org?
    Shadowmoon Association

c'mon enforcers! layer up and tank the "nerfs" before panicking. change can be a good thing.

allright obtena, i know you cant tell us what some of the upcomming changes are, but are you at least able to tell us if our new "shinies" will deal with our damage migration, making normal hits more effective, or alpha-ability.

and 2 direct questions:

do you believe that enfos should have meele energy in there effective toolset? like add a perkline for it, or add a wep that will compare to LE weps? we have it in our nanos, so our originall intention was most likely ment to be the melee masters, but we are only masters of 2/3 of the main melee abilities.

whats your perception on parry? will it soften the HP blow in pvm enough? will it be effective in pvp? will enfos be able to find the IP for the skill?

Quote Originally Posted by lostlife View Post
    i have just discovered something VERY wrong, keeper are probobly getting access to melee energy (buffs and perks most likely), and we aren't. we already have a buff line for it, perks couldnt be that hard
    Enf's being the master of all variety of melee weapons, I do think we could use a bit more love on the Melee Energy front - perkline, ME in Ado brain for mid lvls, a few other areas. A little encouragement in this area might help diversify enfs a bit.

ok i will admit that i am drunk atm and that my vision might be very flawed due to that.

but as i see it ... theres very few pvp enforcers left on RK 1

myself being one of them..

After8, Kinkstaah, behehe, herk, and to be honest i right now cant think of any other real pvp enfs left in this game
    i am prolly the least goood of those enfs i have mentioned....

but i do know 3 things....

1 i cant spell while drunk.. takes me ages to type this..
    2 behehe will make his MA his main once aigain.....
    Kinkstaah will make his agent his main again.....
    herk might have anther main or even quit.... or w/e he decides to do... atleast he will see no future in an enf...
    me myself i will try and get another 220 up ... i might even try to get my gimped 219 shade in shape to pvp in the future.. i for a long while wanted to get an agent up ..- unfortunatly i havnt had the time.. running an high end guild takes alot of time and generally keeping a guild running is alot of work...
    3 enfs is more or less gonna be gone from pvp if those changes goes to live,.... even more then MAs is atm...
    and sorry to mention this but MAs how interesting and fun the class is the only reason so few people still play MAs is cause it isnt competitive in any way in PvP.. cause its still a very good DD in PvM....
    but sure fc... GL with nerfing the only real tank class in AO to oblivion ..-... will be fun as hell to watch a game that is built around AoE tanking that has no AoE tanks left in the game...
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast