Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: OK, let's talk about new stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    I think wiping hate list would make it too easy to keep aggro. Going from one extreme to another would be so like FC though. I do agree that enforcers need some boosting in taunts between levels 150 and 215. I like the idea of transferring aggro from the team to the enforcer. Not sure how it could be implemented though. A possible alternative would be an aura that gives a negative taunt modifier to the team, resulting in more or less the same overall effect
    isnt mongo being looked at so that it scales better? (plus additions to the line i hear)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    No mention of calms here and as soon as the hate list is wiped, damage+taunt is delivered, so I don't see where the room for EXPLOITABLE HD is either.
    You don't need to calm a mob to have his high HD kicking in. If it stops attacking it will enter that mode. I'm not saying it would happen but Murphy's law tell me it will.

About the exploitable part that's something else. Imagine 2 enforcers on each side of the room alternatively using this nano. You could do damage while the mob is running back and forth between the 2 enfos. As long as the above doesn't apply.

But I agree that taunts need a boost before 215. HP/Taunt/Proc lines need to have their level(and nano?) req(s) reduced and some new nanos added which FC stated they will do smth about.
    blah

ok I played my new TL4 Enfo today, I really think taunt is not enough for enfo.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=100209
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=223115

Seriously, 1.6k for froob, 2.4k taunt for sloob only? An simple AS agent can really give some challenge to hold aggro. -.-
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

One often wonders why they bother releasing any information at all.

They could say your Prof will start crapping real life gold bricks and people
    would complain that they're only 99% pure. Good or bad changes, it does not
    matter. There will always been a giant list of morons complaining about it
    being 'the end of the prof as we know it'.

The game has been around longer than half the posters have been alive. I'm
    sure it will still be fine after they stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    ok I played my new TL4 Enfo today, I really think taunt is not enough for enfo.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=100209
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=223115

Seriously, 1.6k for froob, 2.4k taunt for sloob only? An simple AS agent can really give some challenge to hold aggro. -.-
    Did you read the first post or ...?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Jercon View Post
    There will always been a giant list of morons complaining about it being 'the end of the prof as we know it'.
    The rebalancing act will likely be the end of most professions as we know them, so people should just STFU and wait for the entire thing to be on test. Instead they pick single changes and evaluate them against the current situation, which is just plain stupid.

I appreciate the way FC keeps their players informed of what they are doing. FWM posts are pure awesome; Means even has the guts to admit when there's been a screwup and everything is delayed. It's too bad many others see it as their god-given right to bitch about everything.

Just as a FYI, even though I think the dev's are starting to think about rebalancing again now that the patch (and patches of the patch) are out, they haven't shared anything new with us. We're definitely pushing them on it, but nothing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    We will not nerf enforcer health that much. The main target for this nerf is Mongo's Ultra Improved Behemoth. It will be lowered, this will mainly affect PVM and duels. On the other hand it is likely that we will lower the level requirement on the other SL essence nano programs.

The rage cooldown will be balanced with the new root/snare durations for pvp so the lockout will not be longer than 8-15 seconds.
    Why nerf the hp? Is it because with rage+gsf+wolf enfos can run normal speed with 65k hp in PVP - which can be solved with -10 000 run speed instead of -2500 - or canceling imub before below 50% in duels - which I assume could be fixed if the % of the enforcers hp remained the same after canceling it (so insted of having 51% of 65k hp left that leave you with full hp again, you would have 51% of your hp without imub..)

Or is it that PVM content is too easy with enfos current hp?

Why give enfos better taunts for PVM if they cant take the heat anymore? I mean, will soldiers in AMS+kite, or a keeper in def setup be better tanks then enfos with enfos getting less hp? (I think keepers were getting taunts in perks?)
    In PVP with all the new and improved dmg coming from perks after rebalance, perkable targets will be punished, leaving only 1 choice: enforcers in css or cs with max aad? Can I haz dof and limber please?

And the rage nerf...I was under the impression that enforcers should be "immune" to drains, roots, snares, init debuffs....but hitable(with all specials), perkable and critable, and now they will get drainable, rootable, snareable and, and, uhm...init debuffable?

That sucks. SUCKS!

If enforcers (and doctors too for that matters) gets hit too hard with the nerf bat, people will stop playing them. Then there will be no enfos to tank your new content or doctors to heal them.

you know ill be playing my enf and my doc for ever mongo, no worries for us =p

But seriously, if rage get a big nerf then enfs are gonna have issues with roots, we are one of the only melee classes that cant stack root immunity to the max if we want, and out static nr without rage hardly sets the world alight.
    Enfizzle 220/30/70 Enforcer e
    Zdocta 220/30/70 Doctor e
    Nukizzle 220/26/70 NT e
    Engiz 220/30/64 Engineer e

Let's be rational here. The rage nerf impact on how enfos PVP and the issues they have with them will be unknown until all the changes related to the rebalance are introduced into the game. I could also speculate that as a profession that doesn't have root resistance perks, that could be actually nice if roots become less significant an impact in PVP for melee profs. Those profs that do have it might feel a bit limited in their perk choices when roots become 5-10 seconds long with long cooldowns. I would find it really hard as a prof with root resistance perks to spend 10 perk points if roots are made into a tool to gain a temporary position advantage instead of a tool to completely restrict movement over the period of minutes.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 22nd, 2010 at 21:16:51.

TL7 enfos have 20% resist without any sacrifice.. and the rage 'nerf' won't change anything to your NR. Actually it won't change anything in 99.9999999% of your time spent in game.
    blah

Players should receive an immunity to any sort of debuff/root/snare etc to maintain un-spammability.

Why? Look at TL5 BS for example, riddled with traders and NTs. Find yourself fighting/encountering 2 of the same profession they will just time their roots/snares/blinds/debuffs on you. A bit dynamic game play with knowing what your partner is doing, but definitely unchanged with how it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Players should receive an immunity to any sort of debuff/root/snare etc to maintain un-spammability.

Why? Look at TL5 BS for example, riddled with traders and NTs. Find yourself fighting/encountering 2 of the same profession they will just time their roots/snares/blinds/debuffs on you. A bit dynamic game play with knowing what your partner is doing, but definitely unchanged with how it is now.
    And while they're busy keeping you rooted, your partner can move in and kill them.

A player having immunity doesn't make any nano un-spammable. It just makes it's useless on that player. That's just passing the buck and TBH, it's a solution worse than the problem. Making players toolsets useless in various situations is NOT balancing.

As for TL5 BS (albeit, a very limited example) ... the solution, like all effective solutions, is simple. You team with a diverse group of professions with different capabilities. NT's and traders don't last long to roving bands of people looking to kill everyone in their way.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 24th, 2010 at 22:31:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    A player having immunity doesn't make any nano un-spammable. It just makes it's useless on that player. That's just passing the buck and TBH, it's a solution worse than the problem. Making players toolsets useless in various situations is NOT balancing.

As for TL5 BS (albeit, a very limited example) ... the solution, like all effective solutions, is simple. You team with a diverse group of professions with different capabilities. NT's and traders don't last long to roving bands of people looking to kill everyone in their way.
    Um yes, instead of having a shade chain stun you, you get a short immunity from stuns. Instead of Enforcers chaining up their stun perks to steam roll someone, the player gets a stun immunity after the first stun. Instead of shades getting chain rooted after miraculously breaking free from the last root, they will have an immunity.

But, since I dont know how long players will get a cool down from casting any debuff that may not even be necessary if the cool down is ridiculously long. I hope its ridiculously long so players will actually do something other than "lol kite".

But, since I dont know how long players will get a cool down from casting any debuff that may not even be necessary if the cool down is ridiculously long. I hope its ridiculously long so players will actually do something other than "lol kite".
    Yeah, I hope they will do this right :P I liked the idea of breakable nanos tho but %resist% was a stupid idea. You either don't have enough to matter or too much and be - almost - immune.

Too bad that AO's uniqueness is nerfed patch after patch to make it like all others MMOs.
    blah

Um yes, instead of having a shade chain stun you, you get a short immunity from stuns. Instead of Enforcers chaining up their stun perks to steam roll someone, the player gets a stun immunity after the first stun. Instead of shades getting chain rooted after miraculously breaking free from the last root, they will have an immunity.

Getting SHORT immunity after being affected was not implied from your statement. Still, I think that is not an unreasonable idea.

True, but I'm not the only one reading these forums.

Hp nerf... fair- its needed to balance pvm

dumbass enfos are TANKS which means we get LOTS of hp

Quote Originally Posted by halohitman View Post
    dumbass enfos are TANKS which means we get LOTS of hp
    Lots of HP is relative though.

The amount of HP required is dependant on how much damage you take, how much you can be healed and how fast you can be healed.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast