Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are Enfs Even Going To Be Needed?

Are Enfs Even Going To Be Needed?

Seems like every prof and it's mother is getting taunts lately. Check out the Advy document if you haven't already done so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Nope, no need for enfos anymore.
    Last edited by Obtena; Feb 18th, 2011 at 22:02:30.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    This ^

Advs now can tank and mango and ch. /profit
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

you people are insane.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I had a long rant posted, but I have to sit back and realize I really can't give a rat's *** anymore. I deleted it because no one is going to listen to it anyway.

But, now that my beloved tank is now reduced to the same level as a whiny punk 5 year with a stolen credit card (and in some cases free to play five year olds) that 2 button faps his way into end game gear with monster truck whining force, while powerlevelling solo can achieve the same results my tank did over the course of years. I can add up the total dollar value I put into this game over that period of time and see that the same thing can be done in 2 weeks by said child - the difference sickens me.

The FPS generation has putrified social gaming into a coffin. Am I supposed to be happy about this???
    Last edited by Kintaii; Feb 19th, 2011 at 06:37:44. Reason: Toned down the profanities.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Well said good sir!

TBH, while my post is part sarcastic, there is some truth there. So all the sudden enfos are obsolete because other profession now have effective taunts? Apparently some of you already convinced yourselves the answer is yes. I'm not going to argue with you about it because it's your perception.
    Last edited by Obtena; Feb 19th, 2011 at 06:23:03.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Perception being what it is, one cannot deny that the overproliferation of crossover ability weakens us one chunk at a time. That is my perception, and my opinion. I am not going to apologize for having it, but as you can see i'm rather territorial about the effort required and respect one needs to earn to be the best of the best of the best. Effective tanks mean teams get loot, and a tank that doesn't lead a team to loot is a tank that isn't asked to return.

I refuse to share my crown with someone who can do that and everything else too, regardless of what they must sacrifice. You can't turn a enforcer into an evade profession or a healer or a debuffer or a nuker. A tank doesn't work that way. So, yes... i'm disappointed.

should I not be?
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

After many prof documents were published, I've read Enfs doc again. I feel like almost every other profession get good changes (numbers aside ,that would need testing and tweeking). But Enfs got nothing, well almost nothing. Only good change I see is fast, multy, brawl buff.

We are still too much nano points and nano skills dependent. Masochist Force is useless to change anything. It is too complicated and have benefits only in very few cases. It seems like there was no rebalance here.

Taunting tools problem:
    Enfs taunting ability is moving from nano to tools. But this can't work with current mechanics. You can't use items when using perks and other way. So when you want to use taunt tool, you have to stop perking. Wait ~0,5s for client server delay + 0,5s reaction time to use the item, and another 0,5s for client server delay and 0,5s reaction time to start perking. So when you are pressing item with 0s attack time it cost you 2+s of perking time. Note that perks recharge going down and attack time going up. So perk time would be very valuable.

Here is suggestion that solving problem: Perk actions locking out item use by Hvyshadows
    Dragocz RK1

no. all the enfos are rerolling advies.

Hmm, most ppl can say that 50k taunt from imalice is insane crazy joke. I personality agree, but today I still need to spam this 50k taunt if i wanna keep aggro in org raids. AND before someone points at my face with their finger calling me noob... THAT WAS WITH DREADBRINGER, LE TAUNT PROCS, JEALOUSY QL 200 EVERY 5 SECONDS AND MUTATE PERKS!

So, when they say our best mongo is 10k taunt and our best single is 18k.... I laugh so hard that I look at my mp and say: "This can do better than my enf"
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Hopefully our dmg is going up.
    Dragocz RK1

A tank has one role, and even if our damage goes up... a spruced up challenger buff does not a DPS class make.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    A tank has one role, and even if our damage goes up... a spruced up challenger buff does not a DPS class make.
    100% agree. I'd take a bigger hit to dps if it meant I could be the best tank class (tank referring to single target and multiple target encounters). Layers are not the best form of damage mitigation and 14k+ worth of ACs is useless currently. The best effective form of mitigation currently is reflects, and guess what "tank class" doesn't get them? The other new tank profs (keeper, soldier, advy) have dps to help hold aggro. I say go the other route with enforcers and give us the ability to hold aggro indefinitely without the need of dps. In other words: give us better taunts again seriously FC.

Taunts do not make a tank. Damage mitigation makes a tank. The only professions that can survive what we pull using our AOEs are enforcers, keepers, and soldiers. If you do not think so then take a 190 enforcer into pande and AOE tank about 10 mobs.

Enjoy the 5 seconds before you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Taunts do not make a tank. Damage mitigation makes a tank. The only professions that can survive what we pull using our AOEs are enforcers, keepers, and soldiers.
    Advs soon.

Hopefully not. Given AO's small population I heartily welcome having 4-5 classes that can tank, and 4-5 classes that can heal aforementioned tanks.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Damage mitigation makes a tank.
    It's not just one thing or another that makes a tank. Ten times out of ten, the tank that opens loot on bosses is the tank that had the knowledge and the leverage and lattitude to bring a team to victory. Its 1 part toolset, 1 part knowledge, and 2 parts attitude. A fearful tank that plays like he doesn't like being hurt is a tank that is too chicken to be the spearhead of a raid.

But, now that you mention it: Damage mitigation is the one thing I have personally championed since the moment that layers started to suck. But, that being said, we're also the prof that is in the most need of it, and we aren't getting the amount that I feel is complimentary enough to our role.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Yes, advies have an AoE taunt. It's also on a signficant lockout.

Enforcers will not be the only tanks for single team encounters after the rebalance, which is good since there's significantly less than 1/6 AO's population who plays enforcer. The most important question in my mind is how we can be attractive to teams as a tank in the presence of other effective (even if not equally effective) tanks.

Both Obtena and I have opened a ton of posts over the last year asking variants of that question, and we've gotten some good input from you guys, and the devs have been receptive to some of the ideas.

I personally have gotten a bit burned out on the entire rebalancing effort. I've come to the conclusion that pouring over nano docs and looking at numbers is to a large extent a waste, because we can get as much real knowledge in 1 week on test with the actual implementation as we can get in 6 months of forum PvP.

But isn't waiting for test server too big hazard? There could be some tweeking here and there, but it can be too late for significant changes. If current changes make it to live, I would bet that, there will be Enforcer revamp in year or two. I don't think that, anyone wants it include Funcom. That would't makes good impression for newcomers.
    Dragocz RK1

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast