Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rebalancing

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeren View Post
    So Mekh or Bubba, any new info that your allowed to release to us yet? Any word on a possible passive defense as well?
    Come to think of - where is bubba? Can't just take holidays dammit!
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

I'm here .... Mekh has better people skills then I do. Especially when it comes to trollers so since there isn't really any of those in the professional forum I find I'm most effective there. I will continue to try to point out what our wants and needs are.

Still I will answer the Questions players have when they ask to the best of my knowledge when called for. So though I might not be posting new forums much I will respond to the player base and try to enlighten them with the Mistakes and the Fruitful changes I have made with my docs over the years.

Speaking of that I have recently removed my worst doc experiment of all time with my dreadlock Combat Remodulaor. I tried my best to make a support doc with the added bonus of a 100% evades debuff only to find it wasn't worth the damage loss. Also the original idea was that all Opi perks was Evades Close making them easy to land will be changed with perk updates. They will be undoing even that part of the setup making it mostly useless.

New plans on avatars
    Eunucha will have enhanced MR perk attacks with AS pistol and Dreadlock Rapior
    Dotz will has returned to an MA Evades setup with a future Parry Blocker bonus
    Eunuchies will be changing over to a Cyberdeck when implemented
    Drnuchies will be High Crit weapons setup ... just having hard time choosing what one.

As for any new news from the Devs. Seems they are holding any new changes close to their vests right now. Many of the professionals have been asking for updates but looks like the Dev team is overwhelmed with the information they got from us already. Basically looks like they are crunching the numbers on what changes will work and what hasn't.

I know Mekh and I are doing everything we can on whats been asked for by you guys in the doc community. We cant promise anything just that we are trying our best to do what we can.

Eunucha 220 trox doc
    Dotz 220 opi doc
    Eunuchies 200+ NM doc
    Drnuchies 150+ soli doc
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001
    Last edited by BigBubba; Jan 18th, 2010 at 07:27:15.

irmo I wish so much we could go back to the days when everyday there was a forum on whats the best doc weapons setup. Game was so much more fun back then when Docs had no clue just theories and speculation on what was good and bad.

Basically we should of remained just a casting class where weapons was just a side note to our setups. Its too bad some one made the huge mistakes of forcing one setup over another for our profession. I don't know if it was our past representation or funcom its self.

Trust me I will do everything I can to try to return us to a multiple weapons setup. Problem is funcom isn't going to nerf MA or pistol in order to do that. I would never call for a nerf on anyone's setup ever so the best I can do is to try to raise other weapons options though my conversations with the team. I too want to see variety extended in the doc community when it comes to weapon options.

Eunucha 220 trox doc
    Dotz 220 opi doc
    Eunuchies 200+ NM doc
    Drnuchies 150+ soli doc
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001
    Last edited by BigBubba; Jan 18th, 2010 at 07:15:08.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBubba View Post
    I'm here .... Mekh has better people skills then I do. Especially when it comes to trollers so since there isn't really any of those in the professional forums I find I'm most effective there. I will continue to try to point out what our wants and needs are.
    Ah good to know. Sounds like you two are complementing each other.

I know Mekh and I are doing everything we can on whats been asked for by you guys in the doc community. We cant promise anything just that we are trying our best to do what we can
    I know you guys do.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

If docs gets forced into a cyberdeck I will cry, it already destroyed the diversity in NTs making them all clones of eachother and I really don't want that to happen to docs.
    Last edited by Looke; Jan 18th, 2010 at 12:09:27.

Minova:220:30:doc
    Looke:220:30:adv
    Winova:174:24:sold
    Rinova:168:23:nt
    Meanova:126:15:trader
    Meenova:95:10:agent
    Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by Looke View Post
    If docs gets forced into a cyberdeck I will cry, it already destroyed the diversity in NTs making them all clones of eachother and I really don't want that to happen to docs.
    Cyberdeck can be many things...
    NT cyberdeck is just one, and a bad one, implementation of a cyberdeck...

So far what I've gathered from FC it should provide us with more diversity, rather than less.... but at the moment there's not much we can do but wait and see how exactly they intend to do it.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    So far what I've gathered from FC it should provide us with more diversity, rather than less....
    That was said about the NT deck too.

From all the changes they are planing it really feels like FC doesn't want docs to do anything but cast heals. AS getting nerfed, malp getting nerfed, dots getting nerfed (although they will stack, but who cares about doc dd in pande really).

Redemption

I don't know. Some change to perks for more damage. I'm saying change instead of improvement, because of the dots canceling on mistreatment. It may come off better or worse. Starfall also allows us some more damage.
    Then there also is the idea of adding to the nuke line.

I'm giving them the benefit of a doubt. I see lot of potential in the changes, but also lots of potential to nerf us. Time will tell. For pvm it doesn't look bad. For pvp it looks like a change that may hurt us much.

About the cyberdeck.. I can't see it adding to diversity to be honest. It's either used by all within a year, or hardly used at all staying a underdog
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

I have made the point very clear that docs do not what to be cloned with a cyberdeck. I have made real fuss about it myself and I'm doing everything in my powers to make sure that dosnt happen. That dosnt mean I will succeed in preventing it to happen just that I'm trying to to stop it. So trust me they have been told that the doc community would be upset if something like that was to happen.

Eunucha 220 trox doc
    Dotz 220 opi doc
    Eunuchies 200 NM doc
    Drnuchies 150 soli doc
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by BigBubba View Post
    I have made the point very clear that docs do not what to be cloned with a cyberdeck. I have made real fuss about it myself and I'm doing everything in my powers to make sure that dosnt happen. That dosnt mean I will succeed in preventing it to happen just that I'm trying to to stop it. So trust me they have been told that the doc community would be upset if something like that was to happen.
    I can confirm this, and also add that I too have made Doc's view on this clear to FC, just as Bigbubba has...

As you all know that's no guarantee ofc, but there's little that we or anyone outside FC's offices can do but state our opinions and hope for the best.

You two saying that are the only reason I am even considering giving cyberdeck the benefit of a doubt. Good that the doc community is quite united on this point.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Im sorry I should of been saying "WE" Mekh.

Im very happy Mekh is the other professional. I wish we could clone him so I wouldnt have to be stressed out some kind of greedy self serving doc got the job. Then I could just go back to playing the game with only funcom as a possible destroyer of the doc profession lol.

Sorry Mekh I will try to make sure to use plural statements when it comes to professional forums. After all we are a team .

Eunucha 220 trox doc
    Dotz 220 opi doc
    Eunuchies 200 NM doc
    Drnuchies 150 soli doc
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

hehe... No worries

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Then there also is the idea of adding to the nuke line.
    Malp is getting nerfed and they will add some mid-lvl nukes so in the end its just a nerf, nothing else.

For pvm it doesn't look bad. For pvp it looks like a change that may hurt us much.
    Exactly, we're getting pve love whatever reason, this is the least thing we need. We survive better than anyone and when we're not forced to heal too much we can OD many. As for pvp the pile of nerfs is getting so high it's gonna fall over soon.

For pvm it doesn't look bad. For pvp it looks like a change that About the cyberdeck.. I can't see it adding to diversity to be honest. It's either used by all within a year, or hardly used at all staying a underdog
    Yepp and that's why it shouldn't be put ingame.

Redemption

first of all i'd like to say thank you to our professionals. when i heard about the new program i was a little skeptical at first, but so far both bubba and mekh have performed far above anything i expected.

now, about the rebalancing. i'm mostly a pve doc. every time i tried to pvp i had my gimpy arse handed to me by anyone and everyone who happened to stumble upon me. dots got resisted, ubt got resisted, heals were OD'd. as a result whenever i'm in bs (i need vp for some ofab stuff) i just pick a point on the map and get into an anti-personnel turret for the whole round. but that's beside the point. the point is, from my perspective (pve) the new changes are great. i'd love a cyberdeck to get rid of a weapon i don't use, i'd love some decent nukes to spam when casting a DoT is impractical (hecks die too fast for a dot to do any significant damage) and team buffs sound fun as long as there's a "server" nano i put in my NCU and the team gets a buff that takes up 1 ncu and is refreshed every x seconds (a hot that heals then disappears and you have to be close enough to the doc to get it in your NCU again?) since most people in my level range barely have the NCU to spare for the long HP buff, let alone the short HP buff and the short hot. i end up going ubt le le le le le le dead mob. some more variety in between those LE's would go a long way.

EDIT: oh and how about a new heal or two between LE and CR? having the same heal from 100 to 175 is killing me :/
    Last edited by CuisinartBlade; Jan 21st, 2010 at 14:35:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Cyberdeck can be many things...
    NT cyberdeck is just one, and a bad one, implementation of a cyberdeck...

So far what I've gathered from FC it should provide us with more diversity, rather than less.... but at the moment there's not much we can do but wait and see how exactly they intend to do it.
    The main problem with NT cyberdeck is that SL and LE nukes require wielding it. Thus the majority of NTs choose to use it. It's basically an offensive weapon among others, and by far the easiest to get full benefit of. Personally, I think there are other viable setups for an NT as well.

FC has stated that doctor cyberdeck would be non-offensive, so it will not be enabling any new DoTs or nukes at least. I hope there won't be any heals tied to it either, but that it'll rather give benefits in the form of added healing efficiency, increased nano delta or such. This would mean that it's a bad choice for a soloing doc, since using it will mean losing damage from weapons and some perks (which I reckon is about half of the total DPS). On the other hand, +25% healing efficiency ought to be real popular with raidforce docs.

I for one would be using both the cyberdeck and the doc pistols, depending on the situation.

I want nanoresist back, and our debuff-removers must be upgraded to keep up with time.

I dunno if this is the right thread for this but anyway..

I have a 164 doc that I use on BS and some NW. It's a pure healing doc (with all hostile nanos and such of course). I only wield a ql 12 bow because it has the same range as my heals so I can easily see if my targets are within range.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Because I play my doc in this specific way, I find this idea of doc cyberdecks interesting. It would fit my doc very well. However, if I put on such a cyberdeck, I no longer have any visual indication of whether or not people are in range of my nanos.

So I suggest having the cyberdeck adapt its attack-range to whatever your nano-range is. That way you can always have a visual indicator of your range (Those red thingies on the sides of people's HP-bars).
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I dunno if this is the right thread for this but anyway..

I have a 164 doc that I use on BS and some NW. It's a pure healing doc (with all hostile nanos and such of course). I only wield a ql 12 bow because it has the same range as my heals so I can easily see if my targets are within range.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Because I play my doc in this specific way, I find this idea of doc cyberdecks interesting. It would fit my doc very well. However, if I put on such a cyberdeck, I no longer have any visual indication of whether or not people are in range of my nanos.

So I suggest having the cyberdeck adapt its attack-range to whatever your nano-range is. That way you can always have a visual indicator of your range (Those red thingies on the sides of people's HP-bars).

The cyberdeck from what i understand should not be viewed as a cyberdeck for nt. As an example Doc right and left pistols are cyberdecks becuse it allows you to cast dr blaze dot.

And most likely the Doc "cyberdeck" would be a useful item. Not just a fancy armband that unlocks 90% of their offensive capability, as for
    nt´s.

The range issue. doesnt all docs have max range on heals at that tl5, and using Computer Deck Range Increaser? 40m? Esp if youre a healing doc?
    Last edited by DrLithvium; Jan 24th, 2010 at 02:47:07.
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

Quote Originally Posted by DrLithvium View Post
    The cyberdeck from what i understand should not be viewed as a cyberdeck for nt. As an example Doc right and left pistols are cyberdecks becuse it allows you to cast dr blaze dot.

And most likely the Doc "cyberdeck" would be a useful item. Not just a fancy armband that unlocks 90% of their offensive capability, as for
    nt´s.

The range issue. doesnt all docs have max range on heals at that tl5, and using Computer Deck Range Increaser? 40m? Esp if youre a healing doc?
    Whatever the cyberdeck turns out to be, if it goes into a weapon slot, then I'd like its attackrange to be automatically adjusted to the range of your nanos (unless it turns out to be a weapon whose attacks are in any way useful, in which case what I'm asking for wouldn't work).

I don't use range increaser on my doc for various reasons. Even if I did though, it wouldn't help with this issue as I would still need a visual indicator in my GUI that tells me if people are in range or not.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast