Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rebalancing

Quote Originally Posted by BigBubba View Post
    One more thing if you feel strongly that the Cyberdeck shouldn't be docs only weapon option. If you want to return to more then just one weapon setup for our profession this is the place to post. Telling funcom you don't want to be Cloned can only help make sure that it wont happen. Not that I know for sure that it will happen. I just don't think its a bad idea to speak your mind on the subject.

I will continue to lobby on behalf of keeping a multiple weapon setups with different advantages and disadvantages for docs. If I can talk funcom into more then Pistol ... MA ... and Cyberdeck setups I will.
    Consider me to be the first to formally say that I am a tad concerned with how this will screw up my 1hb setup. I chose this setup to be different. It seems like a cyberdeck option would be poorly designed in a way that only fits with Pistols, MA, or by itself and forcing me to change to a cookie-cutter setup. It also might render my custom imps required to keep my hammers non-OE useless.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I think the idea behind selecting a particular setup for a job is great, the cyberdeck will be fun. But I think that being able to switch between setups shouldn't be a major exercise in itself, we're here to play.

I'm with Hyde, make the equip/dequip of the cyberdeck take a decent length of time. But I would also go further and reduce the amount of MR/MM required to get pistols/sticks on. I just wanna have fun on my doc, it's not a top-of-the-line model, but if I can play in a support role in PvP and an offensive-support role in PvM, then that's fun. Don't want to be spending time running around looking for gear to get pistols back on, including having to perk in and out of AI3 etc.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

i follow Zeephonz in his comment.

I don't want to spend 2 days reworking my toon from cyberdeck setup to pistol setup because i had to change from solo to healing for 1 raid.

I do understand some work should be involved, but it should not interfere with actually playing for fun.
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    I think the idea behind selecting a particular setup for a job is great, the cyberdeck will be fun. But I think that being able to switch between setups shouldn't be a major exercise in itself, we're here to play.

I'm with Hyde, make the equip/dequip of the cyberdeck take a decent length of time. But I would also go further and reduce the amount of MR/MM required to get pistols/sticks on. I just wanna have fun on my doc, it's not a top-of-the-line model, but if I can play in a support role in PvP and an offensive-support role in PvM, then that's fun. Don't want to be spending time running around looking for gear to get pistols back on, including having to perk in and out of AI3 etc.
    I too agree 100% with this...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Isn't the cyber deck to support a certain playstyle though? It's not like we can switch easily between MA and pistol, or any other set-up for that matter, what makes this concept different?

My understanding is that it isn't something you would pop on for a raid then go back to your usual set-up on your way to BS or wherever. I read this as it's going to be support for a nano-skill set-up, to make those of us who have more interest in the nano tool set than weapons be just as viable as those who prefer weapons - ie. another 'weapon' choice. Maybe I've misunderstood.
    The nature of monkey is irrepressible.
    Silq ~ Barabajagal ~ Ubik ~ Steampunk ~ Fleshwoman & others

I think Silq is right its going to support a certain kind of play style. It will still be able to do damage but not as well as weapon setups. That's how I understand it from whats been told to me. Basically think of it as an improved healing and debuffing tool.

The Cyberdeck isn't going to be something that everyone is going to want on their docs. We will still will have access to the new nanos just that with the cyberdeck they will be more powerful. Think of it as just another doc weapon but with less damage then your current setups. That's how I understood what they told me. Maybe I'm off.

Funcom is trying to split up the cloned avatar thing in the game right now. They are trying to give every profession multiple viable and successful types of game play. No profession will be masters of everything in that profession. There will be more specialized players for differing rolls in the same profession. That's how I interpret what they are going for anyway.

That being said I could be way off. Maybe in the end the cyberdeck could end up cloning all of us. Like I said before I am lobbing hard to stop even the possibility of that happening. Also like I said before its not a bad idea to post your dislike of such a thing for our community forum.

Eunucha 220 trox doc
    Dotz 220 opi doc
    Eunchies 185 NM doc
    Drnuchies 150 Soli doc
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

SultryVoltron I have suggested that they add another viable doc weapon setup to us. 1hb was on the top of the list. They never responded back so don't know if thats good or bad. Would be nice to see another Melee setup make it back into the doc fold again. Trust me I wish they didn't put so much pistol and MA love into our profession but the damage is done. I know many voted for me to try to improve viable weapon setups for docs and I have been trying to do that though PMs with them. I really am trying.

Eunucha 220 trox doc
    Dotz 220 opi doc
    Eunchies 185 NM doc
    Drnuchies 150 Soli doc
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001
    Last edited by BigBubba; Jan 10th, 2010 at 19:40:41.

Read this thread a while back, decided to wait for a bit to consider each topic mentioned before posting. You only need to look at the enforcer rebalancing thread to see a good example of people typing before they think about the bigger picture.

Healing: Spreading out the amount of healing to balance the numbers across all level ranges.

This can only be a good thing, it'll make levelling in team easier to do things like adonis hecklers and elysium hecklers without the need of an outside tank if you have a doctor in team. It depends exactly how its spread out, it might mean the higher level content such as pen missions or inferno missions becomes more difficult to heal but realistically speaking, by the time you can cast some of the higher level locked heals, things become easier anyway so overall, its a positive change.

Cyberdeck: Potential non-offensive Doctor 'weaponry' which allows the Doctor to choose between maximum healing/debuff/nuking capabilities, or whether they wish to go fully-offense by choosing a weapon.

Interesting concept. Generally docs have chosen to create those setups on their own, I dont like the idea of it being like an NT cyberdeck but previous posts have already covered that but the way its been worded suggests that it'll provide options on what aspects of a doctor toolset you'll have available to you. It'll add more variety rather than less because people can still choose their current setup, just with an option about some nice doctor "extras".

Debuffs: Potential AoE debuffs.

I think i laughed insanely after reading this the first time around. AOE debuff mechanics need some alteration i reckon. Purely because anyone with half a brain would choose to spam say an AOE root on a low nanoresist target, so that everyone else around them gets hit with the root. Is that balance? All im going to say is that the possibility needs to be explored heavily so that what we get as an end result is fair on everyone else and ourselves.

Nuking: Nuke lines will be extended and adjusted across all level ranges, including the introduction of new nukes. Malpractice will receive adjustments. :P

Malpractice and adjustments = nerf. Well, if its to bring malpractice in line with any cyberdeck nukes we'd recieve then i guess we cant really complain. If they make it so that malpractice has a higher landing rate and a lower damage rate, potentially altering the nanocost as well then that would be an ideal change. There is a fundemental gap in nukes right now so adding these is a nice and sensible thing to do.

Buffs: Potential creation of team-based versions of existing buffs (such as Team-Enhanced Deathless Blessing)
    Well this will certainly encourage lower level team members to get some NCU on their toons! Again its just like extending our nuke lines, there are gaps for team versions of short term HP/HoT buffs to the point where they simply dont exist except for endgame so it makes sense to add them at lower levels too.

The other thing i'd like to mention is the local cooldown mechanics. Now this to me can be a blessing and a curse at the same time. On one hand i can cast heals, DoTs and buffs at a rapid rate, but i wont be able to chaincast the same thing over and over. Thus, it has the potential to nerf PvP chainheal tanking where the only thing going in our favor survivabilitywise is that hotswaps arent going to be as common. It also nerfs PvM chainhealing meaning you either have to choose to use another type of heal, or not heal at all, which results in either requiring more doctors to do content, doctors working together on syncronising their heals or forcing us to use something new that will be introduced....

So overall, a lot of positive things coming from this rebalancing effort, with the local cooldown mechanics being the gamebreaker rather than the added goodies. I dont think anyone is complaining at the fact such a mechanic is being introduced and being pushed more into the gameplay, the real question is how its going to be implemented. Gonna take some trial and error on that one!
    Last edited by Anarrina; Today at 18:32:45.. Reason: constantly mistyping someone else's name in an attempt to belittle them in harassment

The aoe debuffs (and dots?) should be cast as an offensive aura, but only as one hit. This would make it aoe from yourself and check for nr on everything within the set range on the nano. Well if auras check for nr, which it should, stuff could have changed or not, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Phylicity View Post
    Snip Snip Snip

The other thing i'd like to mention is the local cooldown mechanics. Now this to me can be a blessing and a curse at the same time. On one hand i can cast heals, DoTs and buffs at a rapid rate, but i wont be able to chaincast the same thing over and over. Thus, it has the potential to nerf PvP chainheal tanking where the only thing going in our favor survivabilitywise is that hotswaps arent going to be as common. It also nerfs PvM chainhealing meaning you either have to choose to use another type of heal, or not heal at all, which results in either requiring more doctors to do content, doctors working together on syncronising their heals or forcing us to use something new that will be introduced....
    This is what interests me the most out of just about anything theyve talked about adding in the game.

This "Local Recharge" sounds awesome to me. Currently PvM is way too easy and even if the LR made it so you couldnt spam heals, would be a win making PvM more fun. But imagine ubt'ing then CH in mass pvp then ubt someone else then heal up again, you get the idea, you've been a doc for awhile lol.

But yeah, im interested to see the entire spectrum of what FC has to give us this year
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Kamathefixer View Post
    This is what interests me the most out of just about anything theyve talked about adding in the game.

This "Local Recharge" sounds awesome to me. Currently PvM is way too easy and even if the LR made it so you couldnt spam heals, would be a win making PvM more fun. But imagine ubt'ing then CH in mass pvp then ubt someone else then heal up again, you get the idea, you've been a doc for awhile lol.

But yeah, im interested to see the entire spectrum of what FC has to give us this year
    YOU!!! What is wrong with you? Blaming pvm being easy on our heals which haven't changed much instead of everyone else's defense and offense that has received massive amounts of love!!!

As far as local recharge and healing, it depends on if we get a working passive defense or not and how much our heals heal for. No passive defense we need the heals to be high. Good working passive defense, we will be able to afford to have lower heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamathefixer View Post
    TThis "Local Recharge" sounds awesome to me. Currently PvM is way too easy and even if the LR made it so you couldnt spam heals, would be a win making PvM more fun.
    They could remove docs alltogether without making pvm any harder. Docs are needed for raids.
    For leveling purposes docs are luxury you can use when you want some comfort.
    In the post 20 inferno teams (lft pickup teams mind you) I had one with a doc in it.

Raids became easier but that's not primarily because of heals. Remove procs and crat init debuffs, and nerf some defenses and you'll see harder raids again.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeren View Post
    YOU!!! What is wrong with you? Blaming pvm being easy on our heals which haven't changed much instead of everyone else's defense and offense that has received massive amounts of love!!!

As far as local recharge and healing, it depends on if we get a working passive defense or not and how much our heals heal for. No passive defense we need the heals to be high. Good working passive defense, we will be able to afford to have lower heals.
    I never said that pvm was easy solely because of doc heals. No no no, don't get me wrong lol. 60k hp's and just stupid over the top defenses are whats making it easy.

Im sorry if my point came across as such
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

I can't say chain-healing is that easy on my opi doc, it's an average equip where I use lots of -cost gear.

Not sure I agree this "heal nerf" is so suited.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Requiring 4 people to coordinate everything to kill one opposing player cannot ever be balance.
    Says the enforcer...
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Doctors have always needed a cyber/nano deck option. I think that this is a terrific idea for those of us who love being a support doc.

The idea of new combat nanos that are scaled to our levels is also a terrific idea. I would suggest keeping the nr check low, or potentially adding an NR debuff nano as well.

It would take some tweaking, but something like this below, I could see benefiting our support roles.

Ideas for a nanodeck:

Scale it with rest of ofab line.
    ~x2 at QL 300.

---

QL: 225 Doctor Ofab Cyberdeck

Require:
    Stamina: 825
    Psychic: 642

+1000 Hit points
    +500 Nano pool
    +50 AAD
    +50 Nano Resist
    +50 Nano Init
    +5 Nano Range
    +5 Heal Efficiency
    +5 Nano Damage
    +10 Heal Delta
    +10 Nano Delta
    +50 all Nano Abilities
    Resist Root
    Resist Snare
    Resist Stun

Random Proc:
    Short duration hot upon being hit. (300-500 every sec for 6 seconds) - 5%
    Last edited by wooooot; Jan 13th, 2010 at 03:10:17.

SultryVoltron I have suggested that they add another viable doc weapon setup to us. 1hb was on the top of the list.
    Why just dont make it generic melee? Thats what used to be fun with docs pre-le, you never knew what they would show up with..
    Irmo 220 sol
    Hogfather 220 doc "ER...HO. HO. HO."
    Wintersmith 220 crat
    Ainur 209 trader
    Viralbots Incorporated

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

I think Silq is right its going to support a certain kind of play style. It will still be able to do damage but not as well as weapon setups. That's how I understand it from whats been told to me. Basically think of it as an improved healing and debuffing tool.

The Cyberdeck isn't going to be something that everyone is going to want on their docs. We will still will have access to the new nanos just that with the cyberdeck they will be more powerful. Think of it as just another doc weapon but with less damage then your current setups. That's how I understood what they told me. Maybe I'm off.

Funcom is trying to split up the cloned avatar thing in the game right now. They are trying to give every profession multiple viable and successful types of game play. No profession will be masters of everything in that profession. There will be more specialized players for differing rolls in the same profession. That's how I interpret what they are going for anyway.

That being said I could be way off. Maybe in the end the cyberdeck could end up cloning all of us. Like I said before I am lobbing hard to stop even the possibility of that happening. Also like I said before its not a bad idea to post your dislike of such a thing for our community forum.

Eunucha 220 trox doc
    Dotz 220 opi doc
    Eunchies 185 NM doc
    Drnuchies 150 Soli doc
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001
    With you on this 100% more options=good, Clone docs=bad
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

So Mekh or Bubba, any new info that your allowed to release to us yet? Any word on a possible passive defense as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeren View Post
    So Mekh or Bubba, any new info that your allowed to release to us yet? Any word on a possible passive defense as well?
    Haven't seen any news for some time now... I guess they're busy behind closed doors atm...
    Rest assured though that as soon as there's any news, that we're also allowed to release, we will relay it to all of you asap
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast