Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rebalancing

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Healing changes

Got a bit more info on healing changes now...

Changes and concept haven't been finalized as of yet, but what they are working towards or consideing is several different heals with each their own local recharge.

Imagine something along these lines concept wise...

- A large heal with long local recharge when lots of HP is really needed fast
    - Several lower heals with faster local recharge for trickle healing or filling up and such

The way I see it the BIG thing here is LOCAL RECHARGE....

When heals are on local recharge it means that we can do damage with DoT's/Nukes/Perks/Regulars/Specials even when we are healing !!!

Think a bit about that.... WOW in my humble opinion.

It means that playing a doctor will become a lot more involving and active, having to decide on what heal to use at any given time, while still being able to DoT and Nuke or whatever.

Hmm are all the heals going to be on local recharge? I dont really understand? Does it mean heals will considerad to be an entirly new action on its own? Not affected by nanorecharge?

Like 3 main actiongroups for doc:

Actiongroup a: Heals and their recharge

Actiongroup B: Nukes,dots, debuff and buff and their recharge

Actiongroup C: Weapons and their recharge

And 3 sub actiongroups with just execution time

Actiongroup D: Perks

Actiongroup E: Stims

Actiongroup F: Special items(Doc book,Motr etc)

None of the groups affecting eachother? If thats the case its an insane improvement. Depending how the small heal will look. And how much they will lower the nanocost, nr-check and casting time on dots+nukes. Still lots of if and maybe´s clouding the docs future.

Since we have the devs here Id like push for 2 new doctor Ofab shoulderpads. Docs has probably the best looking ofab set so lets complete it. Maybe some intern can be put down in the FC hq basement for a couple of weeks to make em.

On the right side: The red cross

On the left side: The red half moon.
    (Dont know the english name for symbol they use in the Middle east so
    im translating freely from the swedish name.)

Would look ultra ubor!
    Last edited by DrLithvium; Jan 7th, 2010 at 23:23:19.
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

Best example of local cooldown I can give is ICH...

You can cast ICH, and then you can use BI, some DoT or some Nuke 3.5 seconds later...

So.... ICH does not put you in nano recharge as we know it now for 20 seconds, but only for 3.5 seconds, which means that after 3.5 seconds you can use BI or whatever DoT/Nuke you wanna use.

Now... Expanding this to having maybe 3 different heal nano's to cast (In each their own line, meaning on separate local recharges)
    Pure fiction/speculation/numbers here...
    This is pure speculation on how I could envision this being implemented by FC and how we Doc's could use it...

Heal 1: ICH, Heals for 20k, 30 seconds local recharge
    Heal 2: BI, Heals for 8k, 10 seconds local recharge
    Heal 3: TickleHeal, Heals for 1k, 4 second local recharge

During normal Inf missions, as they are now, Heal 3 would be more than enough for most of the time... unfortunately, but that's another discussion

Scenario 1:
    Whoever tanks get's hit a bit, you cast Heal 3 to top up the tanks HP, immidiately after having casted that heal, you can start casting DoT/Nuke/UBT as the heal is on a local recharge.

In next room there's a bad pull and the Enfo tanking get's 5 Vortexoids on him, so he takes massive damage... You take the time to cast UBT on as many mobs as possible, and when he get's low on HP you cast ICH...

You waited till he was low on HP because you needed the time to cast UBT AND because you knew that casting ICH would put your biggest badass heal out of use for 30 seconds....

However, the mobs are still pounding on the tank but at a lower rate now due to being UBT'ed, so now you can use your Heal 2 or Heal 3 to top up the tanks HP...

All the time you can keep your DoT's and/or nukes spewing out, while still healing because each line are on their own local recharge...

Scenario 2:
    Taking Scenario 1... Now instead of all mobs hitting the tank, he only has a few of the mobs on him while a few stray adds starts pounding on others in the team... (Bad heck pull in the old days anyone?)

Now.... You see the adds hurting a few of your team members, so you cast Heal 3 on each of them with 4 seconds between each heal (Like BI now), while the tank slowly get's withered down.... till you save his behind with a big nice ICH heal 10 HP before he's about to warp to his garden of preference...

However... Given that prolonged intense multi-dotting/nuking can already now drain your nano pretty fast you gotta keep an eye on your nano pool.... or make sure you've brought some people with you that can help keep up yours and the enfo's nano pool.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Added a quote to the end of the OP.

I am assuming the technique will be the same as for ICH. That means Nano recharge is not replaced. The nanos still have nano recharge but it could be lowered to two seconds, yet the nano is not useable till 4 seconds later, or whatever the recharge will be.
    This would allow us to dot in between the heal breaks and how i had it envisioned in my head.

Had considered different types of nanorecharge "bars" as well at some point but the ICH solution is smoother and more flexible.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    I am assuming the technique will be the same as for ICH. That means Nano recharge is not replaced. The nanos still have nano recharge but it could be lowered to two seconds, yet the nano is not useable till 4 seconds later, or whatever the recharge will be.
    This would allow us to dot in between the heal breaks and how i had it envisioned in my head.

Had considered different types of nanorecharge "bars" as well at some point but the ICH solution is smoother and more flexible.
    Indeed... I'm personally very excited at these changes to casting.

Err... if that cyberdeck is going to be held, and it makes the doc better for doccing... won't it force all docs to use it for pvm, and since putting the weapons back on requires a long twinking... docs get stuck with it? Am I wrong?
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Having to twink weapons:

a) isn't as true anymore but is still a hassle for alot of people (especially MA docs due to lack of MR on Alpha symbs) ... however ...

b) should NEVER be what makes the doc take time switching.

Hopefully the deck is equipped in a non-twinked slot and simply has a very long equip delay and/or gives a durational debuff. Those are much better mechanics for this.

I'm stoked. These changes seem to really be what the game was missing without us knowing it.

If all heals are instacasted and recharge is 1second with varius cooldowns it may be ok. This seems to be a major healnerf incoming to docs while some professions get more and better heals then they have atm.

Lots of if and buts still. It can be ok but it can be total breakdown to.
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Having to twink weapons:

a) isn't as true anymore but is still a hassle for alot of people (especially MA docs due to lack of MR on Alpha symbs) ... however ...

Hopefully the deck is equipped in a non-twinked slot and simply has a very long equip delay and/or gives a durational debuff. Those are much better mechanics for this.
    This is what I hope for as well...

Quote Originally Posted by DrLithvium View Post
    If all heals are instacasted and recharge is 1second with varius cooldowns it may be ok. This seems to be a major healnerf incoming to docs while some professions get more and better heals then they have atm.

Lots of if and buts still. It can be ok but it can be total breakdown to.
    I can't see how this is a heal nerf only based on what we know at this moment, since we have no idea what numbers our new heals will have.

I saw the local cooldown mechanic in other forums, I'm really please to see it will apply to docs as well. I don't think we'll have a nerf in healing as much as a lot more to do and choices to make, unless I've misunderstood. It seems all the mechanics are getting changed so every profession has more to do. Pretty game changing I think, I'm really looking forward to seeing how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeren
    Allow us to right click it to change it. Several versions, each time you Right click it it adds some of the mods that allow us to heal/nuke better and takes away an amount of AAO or weapon skills and maybe some +dmg? Each time we click it we get more of each until we get back to our original cyberdeck. Then there can be a weapon version of it that gives better mods then the best hud version. This would allow us more diversity and more flexibility between playstyles and even IP if we end up being able to swap between hud decks and weapon ones.
    Bump for this idea for the cyberdeck, give it a graduating effect rather than an on-off switch. Jax has a bunch of good ideas I've noticed ^^ I see this is as support for docs who aren't much interested in weapons but who are more focused on nano skills and dot/nuke AR. I like it alot. Despite the pain it took to change to pistols (on many levels!) I definitely want to try it out, even if it is hand held.
    The nature of monkey is irrepressible.
    Silq ~ Barabajagal ~ Ubik ~ Steampunk ~ Fleshwoman & others

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Also, on the topic of cyberdecks *snip*
    So, it's actually MORE diversity that is the aim with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    So, it's actually MORE diversity that is the aim with it?
    That is my understanding and also what we have lobbied for...

red cross + red crescent shoulderpad idea is really genial! go for it this would be the most awaited change for my doc

WTBWTBWTB
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Having to twink weapons:

Doesn't go too well with : "The base concept of a "cyberdeck" in the context we talk about it now implies a profession-specific item which is utilized as a weapon (ie: held)" from Kintaii.

I've put my hand in a toaster... it has been glued to my hand since then... apart from very rare and short moments where I popped an as gun (207 nr8 shade in open pvp for example). Hoping it won't happen to my second main too haha.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

These changes to our nano tool set look very exciting. It's an altering of how doctors will work and heal, but it doesn't address our largest issue: passive defense (and offense).

I'm much more interested in a new template for perks, so that we can finally start utilizing them, and hopefully it'll be changed in a way so it's no longer do or do not land, but rather a roll with an increasing or decresing chance of landing depending on modifiers, ie. like normal hits are calculated.

It's also a long standing problem that our active defense is very powerful, but very easily hampered, which leaves us all-powerful in the perception of others, but rather weak in our own.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    These changes to our nano tool set look very exciting. It's an altering of how doctors will work and heal, but it doesn't address our largest issue: passive defense (and offense).

I'm much more interested in a new template for perks, so that we can finally start utilizing them, and hopefully it'll be changed in a way so it's no longer do or do not land, but rather a roll with an increasing or decresing chance of landing depending on modifiers, ie. like normal hits are calculated.

It's also a long standing problem that our active defense is very powerful, but very easily hampered, which leaves us all-powerful in the perception of others, but rather weak in our own.
    I agree 100% with all your points made here...

i hope cyberdeck=SoZ

thinking of maybe dropping dual weilding pistols now, so i can swap freely.. 1500 mr isnt that hard but i dont like having to rely on swapping ai armor all the time.. and the free ip would be sweet

I have lobbied heavenly to make sure that the cyberdecks do not become docs only weapon setup. I have been told not to think of Cyberdecks as in the NT sense but more like MP castable weapons. I have also been told to think of them as just another option and not something that will overpower any other viable weapon setups for docs out there.

Basically looks too me like funcom is working on creating multiple platforms of game play for all professions. Think of it as being masters at some aspects of a professions skill set but not the best at everything. If you want to be the best healer you use this setup. The best debuffer you use this setup. The best damage that setup ect ect ect.

I think if done properly the Cyberdeck could be a great addition to the doc profession in the form an alternative option to game play. As long as it doesn't clone our profession and allows us the freedom to use our brain in the process of doc creation then I love the idea. If it dose to us what the cyberdeck did to NTs in Shadowlands I will be very upset as im sure many of you will be.

I don't think thats the case though I have allot of faith in where funcom is taking the game and although the word cyberdeck seems a bit scary to me. As long as funcom continues on a mission of opening up multiple options of setups to us and every other profession. I think its a good thing. Though many cyberdeck docs will be out there I have faith that funcom will keep them in line with already working doc setups. I don't think their goal is to add us to the cloning shadowlands scenario but to just add another vialble option.

That being said I have not got all the details about the cyberdecks yet. So I'm going on what they have told me and not whats forsure. Still could be a situation where if you don't put a cyberdeck on then your gimp compared to all other setups. We will all have to wait and hope thats not what happens.

By the way my NM doc will be my cyberdeck toon. I do plan on using one myself .

Eunucha 220 trox doc
    Dotz 220 opi doc
    Eunchies 185 NM doc
    Drnuchies 150 Soli doc
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

One more thing if you feel strongly that the Cyberdeck shouldn't be docs only weapon option. If you want to return to more then just one weapon setup for our profession this is the place to post. Telling funcom you don't want to be Cloned can only help make sure that it wont happen. Not that I know for sure that it will happen. I just don't think its a bad idea to speak your mind on the subject.

I will continue to lobby on behalf of keeping a multiple weapon setups with different advantages and disadvantages for docs. If I can talk funcom into more then Pistol ... MA ... and Cyberdeck setups I will.

Eunucha 220 trox doc
    Dotz 220 opi doc
    Eunchies 185 NM doc
    Drnuchies 150 Soli doc
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001
    Last edited by BigBubba; Jan 10th, 2010 at 04:56:33.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast