View Poll Results: Do you like the new Mimic changes?

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, love the new Mimic options and new diversity.

172 81.52%
  • Nah, just fix Mimic Doctor vulnerabilities already and leave me be.

39 18.48%
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: An Agent's future..

98% of a Lifeguard's job is watching the pool dry. 1.9% is dealing with assorted mating attempts, and the remaining 0.1% is grabbing people who can't swim.

The feedback weve all been getting, is much improved than what it was before and as well, its alot better than nothing :P
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    98% of a Lifeguard's job is watching the pool dry. 1.9% is dealing with assorted mating attempts, and the remaining 0.1% is grabbing people who can't swim.

You forgot one thing: if lifeguard breed = female then -> buy large titts -> fit titts into smallest possible swimsuit -> go to work
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    You forgot one thing: if lifeguard breed = female then -> buy large titts -> fit titts into smallest possible swimsuit -> go to work
    Squints ftw.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Question:

How is it with the skill-system? iirc Sill said it couldn't be changed, does that still count? Our green skills are Perception/Concealment/Sneak-Attack/Psychology and Tutoring.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post

That was profoundly scary!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    [*]Bailing nanos: they're getting a revamp, again not much details.. especially durations will be changed.
    Would be great to see immunity to more debuffs, not only stun/calm/root/snare.

This way we get a longer window of working on perks, debuffs... determining the battle, without having to worry about being blocked out of casting CH, which many agents finds very fun no matter what the vocal majority thinks of it.

See, if regular mimic don't get new heals, then damage-penalty isn't that important as the real doctor's toolset is moving lightyears away from what agent can do, so having penalties on the Shaddow-line instead is a better trade-off for all.

What I think is most important is that our core-toolset gets redesigned to not only be effective in combat, but also actually do whats described in practice. For example, if all get roots that neglects rootbreaking and bailing nanos, then whats the point?

And they should stop this silly "halfway access to OSB'able buffs" immidieatly.

Examples:

Vision of the Wolf

Freedom of the Ranger

Aegis of Metal

Shadow Trail

Just curious,

Does the True prof Purge NCU idea got bring up?
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    Just curious,

Does the True prof Purge NCU idea got bring up?
    I suggested it both here and in the balance forums.. Neither of the professionals have taken the time to address it.

I would guess not.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

It didn't get brought up, no. I think we're at the "watching paint dry" stage until the special balance beta server goes up, as mentioned in the FWM of 15-01-2010.

As soon as we have more information we're allowed to share, you'll be the first to know. We don't intentionally hold information behind so if you can't find information about a balancing topic, it's safe to assume an answer from one of the Professionals won't bring you anything new.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

*reloads rifle* back to the basics, my friends.... back to the basics...
    Agent Qualifications, Pvp League v2.0

Total
    Lupusceleri 4
    Apothis2 0
    Zeet 6
    Hexous 5
    Numavezi1 5

Btw, whens the next agent pvp tournament? :O
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Damage over Time: they will be "fixed", but noone has a clue how that's going to work out.

Maybe it's time to reintroduce damage over time which triggers our SL damage procs...
    Darrolav 220/30/70 Agent on RK1

Small fast tick dots that have a chance of triggering procs would be interesting I suppose but would rather see working dots all around, including for fr00bs.

I'm not sure what damage ticks would be appropriate but faster ticks would certainly be something nice.

Slow ticking dots just aren't very futuristic, this isn't supposed to be water torture.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

So it doesn't take NCU?
    That's the idea, I don't see dof/limber/coon/etc taking up 20 ncu. I cannot count the number of times someone has ninja buffed me so I did not have space for the nano.
    President of ShadowMercs

Providing Motivational Speech, aoe roots, nukes, and stuns works for you?

Don't really know Keepers, extinct prof. Thing that's unique for them is the auras, can't say I see much more defining traits.

Fast ganking (or that's what Mimic Shade would be in my vision) works for you?
    I believe what kink is trying to say is that none of those toolsets would be viable in PvP for an agent. Motivation speach is only a tiny part of crat's def rating, you need commanding presence, dodge the blame, and init debuffs for the toolset to work in pvp. Similarly, shade without acrobat and cib is a silly proposition for pvp.
    President of ShadowMercs

Likely shade would end up as a buff only fp for some weird triple wield/sneak attack based setup.

Unless the stuns and sneaking health are opening up :?
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Everyone seems to be talking about the nano's we can mimic and such but little has been mentioned about the mimic perks, so I am asking my self. If we can mimic the perks of other profession are we going to have to spend our current perk points? Say take out 10 perk points from black op for example so we can perk bio coon 10 when we fp enf? Or are we going to get extra perks which can only be used during when fp is in effect? Just a thought, considering I haven't seen anything like this mentioned yet alone answered.

PS. on a side note to this does this mean that perk reset guy is going to be taking alot of 20 mil's every time we minic a prof so we can copy there perks?

Quote Originally Posted by TahlkoraRK1 View Post
    Everyone seems to be talking about the nano's we can mimic and such but little has been mentioned about the mimic perks, so I am asking my self. If we can mimic the perks of other profession are we going to have to spend our current perk points? Say take out 10 perk points from black op for example so we can perk bio coon 10 when we fp enf? Or are we going to get extra perks which can only be used during when fp is in effect? Just a thought, considering I haven't seen anything like this mentioned yet alone answered.

PS. on a side note to this does this mean that perk reset guy is going to be taking alot of 20 mil's every time we minic a prof so we can copy there perks?
    No, you must've misunderstood.
    The Agent rebalance thingie will have a heavy focus on our Mimic lines. Biggest change, really, would be that we're finally getting to Mimic a form of perks. A form of, because they technically aren't perks, but specializations. The plan is to enable us to Mimic every profession effectively, including Shades and Keepers.

(...)

"Perk" actions: the Devs are looking into tying the Mimic lines together with the Specialization quests, you know, those books you've got to collect to cast certain Shadowlands nanos. Each specialization will mean you get access to another action, provided you're casting the right nano along with it - IE False Profession will get less actions than Shadow Profession, even if you do have the Specializations complete.

These actions will change based on the Profession you choose to Mimic, it could be a DD action but also in the sense of classic perks a defensive option like a heal or evades. Basically this is how we'll get access to nanos, perks, items, et cetera that the Devs don't just want to give us a direct copy of. Basically the thing we've all been hoping for, finally we can compete to a certain degree with the real deal.
    So to sum it up, as things are looking right now:

- No *actual* perks will have to be spent.
    - Having the Specialization quests done will be essential.
    - Each specialization == one extra "action", provided you use the right nano.
    - "Actions" CAN be perks. But also quest nanos, for example.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

The news about agents future sounds very good. Hate when i have to FP doc whenever i want to do pvp or even pvm, because other FPs just doesn't work so well. Getting more possibilities on choosing FP is great!

But the main reason why I write to this forum (that i usually don't do) is because i have some ideas for agents:

"Snipe Shot" - As Lupus said, damage of it wouldn't be more than burst. But i would like it to have low def check. Maybe something like 100% Aimed shot skill VS 80% Dodge ranged skill? I don't want to have 2 Fling Shots that keep missing on high defense profs. Lock of it would be around 11s.

the 3s Aimed Shot - 3 seconds attack time sounds pretty long, so i was thinking about idea of debuff on hit. Debuff could be snare, and duration of it wouldn't be higher than 3s. The amount of -run speed would come from lvl: LVL * 10 = amount of -run speed. So, at lvl 220 agent would take 2200 run speed from his target when he hits Aimed Shot. I don't think 3s snare would be "overpowered" in PvP; it lets target use any nano, item or perk normally, but doesn't let enemy rush to agent and "1 2 3 4 5 alpha" agent down in a few seconds ^^. On PvM it does the same - gives agent 3s time to shoot and perk from range before starting to get hits. Both Aimed Shot and debuff should go through defenses. Lock of it would be maybe 30s?

DoTs - As someone said earlier DoTs could hit rapidly but low damage. They could also have some kind of weak nuke at the start. Like on Fire Frenzy perk from Champion of Heavy Artillery line: small hit and poison after that.
    I was also thinking about real life based idea, where you would die to poison without antidote. Poison would hit more and more on each hit. On more thinking, that idea sounded way too good for pvp or pvm. People could just poison Beast and wait until DoT starts to hit 5m per hit

Bailing nanos - Nowadays bailing nanos can be used againts stun profs, but i think they ain't made for (+they don't work very well on that job either ). Duration of these should be longer to be able to run away if needed to. Also lock of them should be smaller. 4min wait for 10s duration buff is just way to silly.

Other updates that Lupus mentioned sound pretty good for me and i can't wait when they hit live!

Please comment what you think about my few ideas.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast