View Poll Results: Do you like the new Mimic changes?

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, love the new Mimic options and new diversity.

172 81.52%
  • Nah, just fix Mimic Doctor vulnerabilities already and leave me be.

39 18.48%
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: An Agent's future..

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Give me a reason to use them in PVP - Providing baton =| mimic crat for me.
    Providing Motivational Speech, aoe roots, nukes, and stuns works for you?

Providing aura =| Mimic keeper
    Don't really know Keepers, extinct prof. Thing that's unique for them is the auras, can't say I see much more defining traits.

providing a proc stun =| Mimic shade.
    Fast ganking (or that's what Mimic Shade would be in my vision) works for you?
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Wow..just...wow.

Even with the AS nerf, agents are getting it gooood

Being able to use other profs perks? Hot Damn!

This may just be the push I was needing to re-try an agent
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Basicly from what I read:

1. We got TP, and they will revamp the agent core-toolset, that sounds intresting.

2. They will add a new mimic nano called Shadowsomething, and I got the feeling we will not be able to use TP to terminate that program.

3. The regular FP-lines will have penalties changed.

I think that is a great balance, where you keep both the sophisticated stealth-assassin and the adaptive "chameleon".

Looks as a great path and adjustment, and what a monster of a profession isn't this.
    Last edited by Lletah; Jan 8th, 2010 at 10:46:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamathefixer View Post
    Wow..just...wow.

Even with the AS nerf, agents are getting it gooood

Being able to use other profs perks? Hot Damn!

This may just be the push I was needing to re-try an agent
    how do you know that? that's not what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    2. They will add a new mimic nano called Shadowsomething, and I got the feeling we will not be able to use TP to terminate that program.
    FP xxx, buff up, cast TP, SP xxx.
    That's basically what is being done at the moment due to not enough nanoskills to cast TP while running a Mimic (unless you guys have gotten used to other setups already) so I don't really see what the issue is unless you want to go Keeper/Shade.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Providing Motivational Speech, aoe roots, nukes, and stuns works for you?

Don't really know Keepers, extinct prof. Thing that's unique for them is the auras, can't say I see much more defining traits.

Fast ganking (or that's what Mimic Shade would be in my vision) works for you?

Hey all,
    Changes look very interesting, my mains a Crat and the only alt I really play is my Agent.
    Just wondering, using crats motivational speech and stuns etc.... are Agents having more FP nanos opened up to them then? It was only other profs perks that I saw mentioned.

Thanks

i want kink back as 3rd time pro. or maybe pro incognito. great rethorics, great ideas, great arguments. and all that for years. don't like aussies tho.

<-- FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Slakrr View Post
    Hey all,
    Changes look very interesting, my mains a Crat and the only alt I really play is my Agent.
    Just wondering, using crats motivational speech and stuns etc.... are Agents having more FP nanos opened up to them then? It was only other profs perks that I saw mentioned.

Thanks
    What I think the devs mean is that "actions" can be perk actions, but also buffs we don't cast atm. They won't cross over if you use True Profession though so won't get say, a Mimic Doc Agent with Speeches.

What about the "actions"? Keep in mind, you aren't restricted by the existing borders: we won't be getting the perk line benefits from "Careful in Battle", or perk action "Bio Cocoon", or quest nano "Superior Nanobot Shelter", but rather a fine-tuned version designed and balanced especially for Agents!
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

Got a question that hopefully can be answered regarding the 3s Aim Shot. So after reading the following...

Originally Posted by Means
    Aimed Shot will likely:

- Become a 3ish second "opener" that can be interrupted by any melee attack. In PVM this will be repeatable without a conceal check (Concealing successfully will likely add bonus damage).
    - Damage will likely be increased to account for the additional time it takes to execute and for the vulnerability of the player who has to stand still to execute it.
    - Aimed Shot, Full Auto and Sneak Attack will likely share the same cooldown to make it possible to balance between different professions and setups.
    - A secondary attack action (on the same timer as AS/FA/SA) with an instant execution time will unlock and scale at specific levels of Aimed Shot skill. Higher investment in AS skill will yield better results.
    During the 3s that AS is executing, will our rifles still be firing regular shots? Or will it be locked as if we are casting a nano for 3s.

So will agents/everyone still be albe to do that 3 sec AS thing every 11 sec or is it just an opener?

Post from trader forums that I believe is interesting for agents as well. Bolded part atleast

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Keep in mind that you will not loose aimed shot completely, the main design idea so far is to give it an execute time, so you have to aim to do an aimed shot.

If you are concealed, there will be no execute time.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    So will agents/everyone still be albe to do that 3 sec AS thing every 11 sec or is it just an opener?
    The question that has never been answered is whether or not AS will keep an 11s recharge + 3 second firing time giving 14 seconds, or will AS get a reduced 8s recharge + 3s firing time for a total of 11s between Aimed Shots.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Ok, Lupus hates me

Can I ask devs or Srompu if what Lupus said is true?

You keep the AS everyone gets (3s exec time, def check, etc) but along with that you get Snipe Shot. Just like Shades/Adventurers get access SneakAttack + BackStab at the same time.
    Is the regular Aimed Shot going to have a defensive check?

I thought the secondary special was the one that was going to get the def check...

Need moar clarity, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlatoani View Post
    Ok, Lupus hates me

I thought the secondary special was the one that was going to get the def check...

I don't hate you, I've been poking devs about it but haven't got an answer yet. It's a damn good question to which I don't know an answer myself.

As for Snipe Shot, it's likely they just don't know it themselves yet. Everything is still work in progress.
    Last edited by Lupusceleri; Jan 8th, 2010 at 21:57:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlatoani View Post
    Ok, Lupus hates me

First part: Which thing in particular?

Second part: Honestly, you guys know as much as we do. We're pestering devs on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetusleet View Post
    Post from trader forums that I believe is interesting for agents as well. Bolded part atleast
    That's pretty good to hear.

Overall, love the upcoming changes. FC, after all this time, seems to be listening to the community intently.

If I may ask either Lup or Sromp, have you guys heard anything on changes to True Profession?

Personally, I find it in its current form to be a hindrance to revamping agents, because other professions can say, "but you can cast X, true prof, then mimic doc!" or the like. I would like to see it changed into the ability to swap professions when needed, but not retain any of the abilities of the profession we swapped from. Also, for balance's sake, I think it should not be castable in combat and retain its current nanocost, so we don't end up just swapping to enf or something as soon as we pull agg.

There are those (like myself) who had gotten used to using abilities from multiple professions and may miss it, but honestly, I think it detracts from the feel of FP. It's about copying another profession... how many docs do you see running around with their very own reflect ripper auras?

Anyway I've gone on quite a bit, I really would like to hear what FC has in mind for True Profession.

Btw Sromp, grats on becoming a Professional bud.
    Last edited by ProkyonFroob; Jan 9th, 2010 at 01:51:57.

No news on True Profession.

some interesting changes ^^
    i think everyone is a litle suprised some pleasantly and it seems some not so.

im not sure what suggestions the devs would be interested in regarding the mimic debufs.
    its very hard to try imagine how an agent will play with these changes and then decide what needs to be adjusted all in your head.

but if the devs can gage for example the defence capabilities of a real trader compared to a mimic trader and then the offence capabilities of both it might speak for itself what needs to be added or taken away in each case.
    good news about these changes i think. will be alot of different setups floating about over the next few years thanks to this i hope.
    i might even be here to see them

ProkyonFroob, I disagree with you.

This is what TP does:
    you invest HUGE ammounts of IP and/or equipment to save 20 min!

if you had 20 min you could do this:
    Log on agent, mimic ENF
    wait 18 min. cast the ENF buffs you need.
    -mimmic ENF runs out- you buff the mimic you want.

Seriously, TP is nothing but a time saver, never has been, never will be..
    it just costs a lot of nanoskills.
    Back when it was introduced our professional talked about getting TP for low lvl agents also, that it made no sense the requirements were that high, because everyone with 20 min at there hands could do the same.. it is just gamebreaking to start the computer 20 min before you want to play and have to have it running for that time.

the "clear all NCU" you talk about ProkyonFroob, that is what /terminate does..
    Sure it would be way cooler with an item that did not put you to the last save spot and had you wait 5 min. cool, but it is not something that asks for huge IP costs and an endgame only tool..

TP and NCU-clearing are symptoms of a broken system.
    Are other professions waiting 20 min to be able to play?
    Do other professions kill themselves purposely?

The fix is not an endgame reward you should be thankful for, the solution would be for every agent to get a tool that enhances playability and fun, by not having to wait 20 min.

Whenever I log on.. I go MP, and then I have to wait 20 min before doing anything.. That is not what I would call fun and fast-phased gaming. Also the philosophy of the instances is that you can log on for small time-intervals. Well you can not do that with an agent, you need to wait 20 min.. well unless you are endgame and have spend the IP for TP, which in my eyes is a waste.. IP wasted to fix a broken game mechanic..

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

In response to that, ArienSky, I mostly agree with you.. very interesting line of thought. But waiting 20 minutes isn't viable in every situation. For example in BattleStation, by the time you waited off those 20 minutes the BS is already over or almost over. Or you get a team invite and peoples want to start fighting ASAP. Or your base is under attack and you need to hurry to defend. Also, we need those same nanoskills (ok 25 less) to cast other nanos such as Assassin's Aimed Shot.

Last but not least, and yes I know FC doesn't balance the game around duels + it's a player-created "rule", using True Profession is usually considered as selfbuffed while waiting 20 minutes is considered as outside buffed.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast