Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rebalancing act details for MAs

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    One more thing on MA attacks - since all the perks are getting a higher range (from 3m to 5m) - MA attacks need a higher range as well.
    I already thought about that too, no worries !
    About our Nemesis Nano, well I kinda thought about it once but I could not picture anything clear as change. Feel free to suggest, once again. MC is gonna be one crucial skill for MPs with the incoming Patch though, do not forget that.

Edit: Thanks for support Vlain - and everybody else who shares his ideas for the greater good (not all the time, but it's always good to try and help !).
    Last edited by Soliartist; Jan 9th, 2010 at 19:01:37.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    You can use MA attacks in nano recharge already.

And there's nothing else MAs cast except heals and dmg buffs once in a while

I guess I can use my fear nano more often I guess lol
    When UAWS lands and it has a nano recharge that means no heals. Thats been the biggest problem. If im rooted and trying to heal and cant use UAWS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    Grats to EvenTide

I may be wrong, or maybe it's a "bug" but last I knew if you were already in nano recharge,
    any items casting a nano that would put you in recharge just finishes the same time as the recharge that was already in effect.

IE cast heal and use UaWoS while in heal recharge, same with grafts and the like should the nano they "cast" have a long recharge time.

If this is a bug news to me as it's been that way since I first started playing years ago.
    I would have expected that if it was an issue it would have been fixed long before I was even a paid account.

And the chance of it putting you in recharge is pretty low.
    Or as I do it, plan around the recharge should it happen and take advantage of a free stun.
    Last edited by Esproc; Jan 10th, 2010 at 03:52:57.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Leevon View Post
    When UAWS lands and it has a nano recharge that means no heals. Thats been the biggest problem. If im rooted and trying to heal and cant use UAWS.
    Its stunning chance is equal to 10% if it's lower than QL 300 (up to 299 then), QL 300 has twice more percent of chance to stun. That's why it put ya in nano recharge, and it does not happen very often.

Anyway, because I kinda thought about that too (>.<) I asked for the same thing they're going to do with our heals, that means a local cooldown on our MA attacks rather than a nano recharge when we land stuns with either UaWoS, BBCS or ToSF (what we use the most). Even a local cooldown on the skill it blocks rather than all MA Attacks I think, nano recharge has got to disappear one way or another (if they don't wanna consider our Attacks as non-Nano things & therefore keep on putting a nano recharge when we stun someone with 'em).
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    Its stunning chance is equal to 10% if it's lower than QL 300 (up to 299 then), QL 300 has twice more percent of chance to stun. That's why it put ya in nano recharge, and it does not happen very often.
    I use a ql 251 one and i have a recharge on it all the time, i get it to stun more in PVP then in pvm ofc but that recharge i hope is part of that different cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    Grats to EvenTide

Absolutely fantastic! No complaints, whatsoever

MC line... well, how about if it would buff ACs like before (perhaps a little boosted amount when comparing to current versions) and a small AAD buff? This would also help leveling Martial Artists, if it would be included to lower (all) MC nanos. Nothing too dramatic though... just a minor boost to our passive defense. What do others think about this suggestion?

But, damn, everything in that rebalancing document looks sooo fine for us Among those changes, there are only two (personal) wishes, which I still would like to see: Anvils Fist would override damagetype to melee and it would have blue fist graphics (I. Want. Blue. Fists! ) and the other is new Martial Arts weapons (lots of talk about this subject @ Xan Shen Sticks -forum discussion @ Balance Discussion). Ok, that was kinda three wishes, hehe... but yeah, all in time, if anything at all

Maybe add some reflect to the AC lines

Guess I can post what I suggested two weeks ago though, as wishes and stuff.

1) Martial Art Attacks !

So, first of all, we would like not to have recharge on our MA Attacks that stun such as Bright, Blue, Cloudless Sky and Touch of Sai Fung. Instead, you could for example apply the thing you're going to make up with our Heals to that kind of Attacks, a local cooldown on MA Attacks but not a nano recharge.

While we're at it, please fix the bug that prevents us from chain stunning a target when we cycle BBCS & ToSF. The second stun won't land even after both of the visual effect and Tight Embrace program are gone from the first attack.

Flower of Life and Delirium. Well, as you may already know, FoL has an AAD decrease effect on our target, and Deli is meant to boost our offense with an AAO buff but what's the point in having a 100% check on both of them, if it's meant to make our opponent perkable ?
    I think the 500 AAD penalty on Deli is enaugh to decrease its % of Duck check, we aren't supposed to speculate whether our opponent have a lower Duck than Close to be able to first land our Attacks, then to perk straight forward. It only works on people who didn't max Duck or people with a much lower Duck than Close (read Keepers, for example). By the way, the trade off is just too « unfair », 300 AAO against 500 AAD, well if it has a lower check why not, otherwise …

Sappo is quite useless as it currently is. For a LE Attack it doesn't really make sense, most MAs prefer to keep on using Blessed with Thunder rather than Sappo for PvM purposes, I'm not even talking about PvP where it's quite useless. Three minutes lock ...

Many older Attacks are also useless, Attack of the Snake, Bird of Prey, Angel of the Night, Shen, Karmic Fist (which is supposed to be an upgrade of Ape Fist of Khalum, but in reality, it’s more like a downgrade) and a higher version of Tree of Enlightement would also be welcome I suppose.

2) Now let’s talk about Nanos !

Well, first of all, Cohort. This Nano used to give 200 Bow Special Attack but it’s been changed with 14.4.2 Patch. It then gave 300 more ACs (200 more for Poison AC, 400 in total) and became pretty much useless. I think the previous version would fit a lot more actually, please give it another try.

Muscle Booster, Horde, Velocity, Dirty Fighter, Four Fists of Kali, Lesser Controller Rage are way too old and need some updates. Anvil Fists doesn’t set our damage to its type, could there be a version of it that would indeed set our damage to the selected type of fists, with every kind of damage available (that already exist in other MAs fists buffs, chemical, melee, fire, energy, cold too) ?
    Return Attack doesn’t last enaugh time (but you’re going to increase buffs’ duration, right ?) and costs too much NCUs for what it gives.
    Autumns Leaves got too high requirements.

Give Energy and Give Life Nano programs are really really useless, but there could something interesting to be done about them.

Form of Risan will be available along with Reduce Inertia or Stutter Step (read evade close SL buffs), that’s one good thing. You did suggest that there could be some more MC Nanos with a real use in a near future or you could simply delete all MC requirements from all of our buffs, if I got that right. Well I’d like to know what were you thinking about, if you were to create other Nanos based on Matter Creation ? ---> Matter creation is the process inverse to particle annihilation. It is the conversion of massless particles into one or more massive particles. This process is the time reversal of annihilation. Wikipedia definition is quite sufficient as is, the concept could be interesting in my opinion.

A SO buff could be cool, considering it’s IMPOSSIBLE to use Tear of Oedipus without an Infantry RW.

3) Other stuff

At last, rework Dimach’s recharge at all TLs, for example you could decrease the recharge when a MA hit XXX Skill, as it already works, but with a lower requirement, and I mean it for every Professions, especially for MAs at 220 to be honest. The decrease of recharge is just too little to be any viable at 220, no need to max Dimach apart from having enaugh to use all of our LE Attacks and get a less than ten minutes recharge on it. This game tends to go for more and more abilities available very fast. I mean, you decreased most Perks actions' recharge (CiB f.e), you will increase buffs' duration etc ... Why not Dimach ?

4) Weaponary

Well, most MAs find Shen Sticks outdated. Maybe some Xan version could be created.
    Last edited by Soliartist; Jul 15th, 2010 at 15:44:46.

Guess I can post what I suggested two weeks ago though, as wishes and stuff.
    Instead of explaining myself with words, let me just express the level of agreement about all what you just said in a manner which describes the best how I feel about your suggestions:

"Oh yeah..... oooh yeeeah, baby, OOOOH YeeeahH!!"

So, first of all, we would like not to have recharge on our MA Attacks that stun such as Bright, Blue, Cloudless Sky and Touch of Sai Fung. Instead, you could for example apply the thing you're going to make up with our Heals to that kind of Attacks, a local cooldown on MA Attacks but not a nano recharge.
    If they change that, it would be a very welcome change in PvP-situations.

higher version of Tree of Enlightement would also be welcome I suppose.
    Second that. An upgrade version of this would be sweet.

2)
    Muscle Booster, Horde, Velocity, Dirty Fighter, Four Fists of Kali, Lesser Controller Rage are way too old and need some updates. Anvil Fists doesn’t set our damage to its type, could there be a version of it that would indeed set our damage to the selected type of fists, with every kind of damage available (that already exist in other MAs fists buffs, chemical, melee, fire, energy, cold too) ?
    Return Attack doesn’t last enaugh time (but you’re going to increase buffs’ duration, right ?) and costs too much NCUs for what it gives.
    Autumns Leaves got too high requirements.
    I agree on everything being said above, except the fact that I don't think Autumn Leaves has got too high requirements. Sure, the reqs are high, but I think they should be high.

However, what I do consider has got way too high requirements is the Anvil Fists nano. That nano should indeed be lowered since the reqs really are a joke, IMHO.

A SO buff could be cool, considering it’s IMPOSSIBLE to use Tear of Oedipus without an Infantry RW.
    It's uncommon we agree on so much, but here it happens again. It could be cool.

3) Other stuff

At last, rework Dimach’s recharge at all TLs, for example you could decrease the recharge when a MA hit XXX Skill, as it already works, but with a lower requirement, and I mean it for every Professions, especially for MAs at 220 to be honest. The decrease of recharge is just too little to be any viable at 220, no need to max Dimach apart from having enaugh to use all of our LE Attacks and get a less than ten minutes recharge on it. This game tends to go for more and more abilities available very fast. I mean, you decreased most Perks actions' recharge (CiB f.e), you will increase buffs' duration etc ... Why not Dimach ?
    Agree, again. Been fighting for this (lower recharge on dimach) for quite some time. They don't need to over-do it, and make it recharge in seconds like some have suggested, but a 220 MA with quite some IP invested should at least have a shorter recharge than what is being the fact at the moment.

For example: My main has a recharge of about 9min and 20 secs-something. I would consider a recharge of about 3 to 4 minutes reasonable and neither over-powered nor too unsignificant to be of importance. And, this is important, you shouldn't just get this shorter recharge "for free". One should only get a recharge of about 3-4 min if you actually have invested some IP in it, ie, those having around 9-10 minutes recharge at the moment, they should have the 3-4 minutes recharge after change has been made.

4) Weaponary

Well, most MAs find Shen Sticks outdated. Maybe some Xan version could be created.
    Here I would like to make another suggestion, as an addition:

Over the years I've made a few suggestions, some have been liked, some have been spat upon, both by Mas as by non-MAs. What I would like to suggest now, is a new kind of Shuriken.

I would suggest a nano, that when you run it, it produces, let's call it a "Notum Shuriken" that spawns in your inventory. It should have about the same damage as Tear of Oedipus or Lave Capsules, but the difference should be that the requirement is a certain amount of MA skill and Time and Space instead of SO, etc.

A bit like the fixers have there Grid Armor that you summon. Since we don't want Time and Space nor MA locked due to this extra weapon, my suggestion would be to make the spawned/summoned Notum Shuriken be tagged with a "uniqe tag", so you could only have one at a time, that way it wouldn't be overpowered nor would it interfere with our existing attacks.

Also, after having used the shuriken in action, you should have a nano casted in your ncu, with a 2-3 min cooldown, so you won't be able to throw another one too soon again. (This solution just to not lock-up MA and T&S.)

Well, it's just a suggestion, but I think it could be a cool one and with the upcoming gfx engine update, this weapon could get some nice glowing, sparkling animations as well.

Enough of my mumbo-jumbo, for now...
    Last edited by kickboxer74; Jan 13th, 2010 at 19:06:33.
    Best Regards,

abstruse74 - A Fists Only Martial Artist 220 / 30 / 70 [main] - Born 8th January 2005
    ----------------------------------------------
    Proud General of the Regulators on RK2

Alts: Bellad (L150 MA)* Regulatore (Fix)* Doceve (Doc)* Latexette (L60 MA)* Corsette (L37 MA)* Tetragtron (L46 MA)* Stingingbee (L55 MA)
    ...it's a lonesome path to walk, being a fists only MA, but somebody has to do it...

I like how that sounds Ange.

Though on the ma "team" buffs, open them to affecting all professions.

And can the upgraded weapon add fast attack, please?

Oh, and could we push for Flurry of Blows adding to physical initiative as well?

Ange, you somehow are thinking what I am thinking and it is very awesome and creepy, I would therefore like my brain back. You're awesome.
    Silentsnipr3 220/27/69 Martial Artist Equip
    Behehe 220/30/69 Enforcer Equip
    Barbqq 170/11 NT
    Flurryofcutz 166/17 Advy

Proud General of Shadowmercs

Very good suggestions overall, Ange. Hopefully they take even some of them to consideration when developing MA:s. Vote also for the shurikens. Ninja stuff ftw !

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner7 View Post
    Yeah, whats wrong with that ? =P Crawl back to your own forums if you dont like it. And if that forum is some "soldearo" - one, then you shouldnt have anything to whine about in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Maybe add some reflect to the AC lines
    Please no.. And reflect graft should be removed.
    We shouldn't even have absorb imo (for example in inner balance)
    These are not our tools.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...3&postcount=28
    Martialmad - Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_1 View Post
    Very good suggestions overall, Ange. Hopefully they take even some of them to consideration when developing MA:s. Vote also for the shurikens. Ninja stuff ftw !

Yeah, whats wrong with that ? =P Crawl back to your own forums if you dont like it. And if that forum is some "soldearo" - one, then you shouldnt have anything to whine about in the first place.

this is my forum.. and who are you btw?

I really don't see much use of mat crea in the toolset of MAs... I dunno erm only thing I can think of that is martial art-ish are:

Teleportation (sorta like reverse reverse knockback where you teleport to them instead of they coming to you)

Cloning yourself

Temporary invincibility

??? but these things seem a bit farfetched I suppose except maybe the teleportation thing which sounds pretty cool :P

As long as the telportation isn't considered zoning
    I can just see the rage about lag sinc on that one.

Or spamming it between two targets so that both get "target is not in range" spam while you chain crit em both.

Well it would prob need a cooldown ofc heh

I'd welcome any effect that made them hit "q" again.

But that could just mean making taunts work in pvp (with a cool down).

Maybe a recoding of taunts so that singles over right AoEs.
    But without a cool down this would just mean abusive "AGG Juggling".

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast