Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five Finger Death Touch

Five Finger Death Touch

this is what we need!

Whos with me?
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Make it one finger death touch. Bruce could do some nasty one finger push up after all.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    Make it one finger death touch. Bruce could do some nasty one finger push up after all.
    Quivering Palm o.O

Land it and then any time for the next few days you get a single use /player "name" terminate?

Sorry when you spend a week without power you get bored and reread every book you have... a few times.
    And my mouse pad happens to be a D&D players handbook xD
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

So, if you only have 4 fingers ...
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    So, if you only have 4 fingers ...
    The target will still have 20% of their hp?

Why does this make me think about kill bill ?

For french speaking people
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

What if you happen to be E.T ? two huge fingers for sure though. C'mon now ...
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    What if you happen to be E.T ? two huge fingers for sure though. C'mon now ...
    Or Steven Seagal.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I like that concept a lot though : two-hit lethal attack. Like when you strike twice at the same place, your target dies, but I fail to see how such a precise mechanic could ever be implanted in AO tbh heh. Otherwise I'd like to see some kind of, lemme see, "MA rage". If you make several critical hits in a row, you hit harder or have a new action available. Something like that.

or a Proc like Artillery Commander...

5 procs in a row = instant death
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Talking

looks like this turned from trolling thread into real suggestion, as angevil said, some sort of MA rage after... 5 chain crits or something would be nice, new unmissable special of somesort
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

I can think of a few things that would be certainly enjoyable to play with on a Martial Artist:

It’d be cool to be able to strengthen our skills somehow, like a “Dojo” you’d pick up and better yourself in, for a type of skill?

How about making kicks a special action, along with fists’ hits just like they’re now?

Special items that would boost our evade skills for a short period of time with a debuff after or something of this kind, maybe simply a cooldown and a skill-lock even though we’re a bit tired of items that lock the same skill all over again right

To me, the most lethal team ever would be made of seven Martial Artists simply because one can focus on evades, the other one on NR, the other one on AR, the other one mixing SD with something else […] even one or two using Zazen “soon” eh?
    Well, there should be baby specialization lines for MAs, nothing irreversible but something more accurate when it comes to fit your playstyle, I’ll think a bit about it. ^^

Or maybe I should sleep a lil.

Damn, the Dojo thingie could be pretty entertaining though. I'd like to see a whole line of progression available with some challenges and so on, something that would make it fun all the more, a good way to learn how to take a rhythm of profession's learning, with a good way to train yourself and try, create.

You're all doin it wrong. Every MA should roll the male soli with the beard and be able to stare stuff to death like Chuck. You'd be immune to fears/stuns/triples/Double AS Tigress/and people who look at you funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

The Dojo thing surely seems like a good idea. Maybe combine it with the earlier martial arts glove thing? For each completed stage of the training, you can add another boost to your gloves, or have some optional settings, like the abaddon chassis for soldiers sorta thing. The glove stats will adjust your level and skill according to the training results.

Ah but what would the "training" be?
    A quest/mission sort of thing?
    Kill 100 Fleas, 100 leets, kill 100 rollerrats... -_-*

PvE achievements, including PvP doings too, dunno, it's just something blurry atm, came out in a sec so no further thinking yet, kinda busy IRL but it seemed cool to picture.

Should be possible to make some cool stuff now with all the progress on instanced encounters. The dojo would have to be a temple looking building on a mountain somewhere. You enter it and there are a few portals to different training areas. But i doubt they can put that much effort into something for only one profession

Your last point is kinda what bothers me the most actually heh.

could be part of the merit system some other peeps were discussing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast