Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Good news from on high: Rebalancing News! (UPDATED!)

Always been somewhat a nuker proff really. But the debuffing thing, is what discussions in our forums are about now, combining the nukes with debuffs, so that we wont be casting debuffs end on end, without seeing a direct change in the course of the battle.

The stuff about damage seems to me that a different option there is being explored in the sense of damage to pet nano.

We probably havent been as much nuke focussed as Crats have, altho we probably use it just as much as them.

The difference between Mps and Crats mostly is crowd control which we dont have, instead we rely more on our pets which in their case is less frightning than ours.

So their ability to control the mass, went into our pet being stronger
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

But the problem right now is that the MP pets are kind of cheap and bad. And crats do get away with better pets since they can charm stuff and also they get the "pokemon" feature now what makes them able to pick up their pets and summon them elsewhere it seems. So unless the MP pets get a MASSIVE boost i dont think a pet alone could compete agains crat pets.

Also if i wanted to be a nuker id roll a NT.

By giving MPs debuffs they might get more valued in groups since the rest of the group would be doing more damage as well and i think it would scale well to soloing as well.

A diffrent route would be to make summoned weapons and shields more valuable and give them some side effects maybe.

However making the MP a nuker with pets seem like a poor choise imo. And not very fun to play either.

Well its a combination of it all, atleast thats what it seems we are looking towards reaching. In the discussion threads u can see changes to nukes as u say, but also perk, debuffs (in combination), pets if u go back a bit, u see the %age heal idea, and changes to mezzpet utilization.

As far as pets between Crats and Mps go, ive had a few pet only fights with an orgmate of mine who is a crat. Rihwen beats both attack pets with a good margin, so defencively Rihwen blows them out of the water.

Now with what u said about them summoning pets at will, thats a great improvement indeed, but the thing about balancing is that our pet will have to match it.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

The MP is so not a NT with pets. And you'd be hard pressed to find an NT that can be as flexible as MP's. I find being a nuking prof with pets to be a very nice road to take, and I am enjoying every step.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I like being a nuking prof with pets. Debuffs are gravy, but for me the core MP template is nukes+pet for damage, creation shields + healpet for defense.

I will not be happy with anything until they implement a sub-75 root/calmbreaker nano.

I will whine like a schoolgirl until this happens.
    creds pls

Noted, and thank you. I will pass on the entirely warranted whine .

>.> Dont whine so much. In crat docs, roots and snares have a really low duration in players and pet players.

But yah, we need those kind of nano on low lvl, cause we dont have this kind of CC as well.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

You'll notice though that in the new documentation, the crat/fixer root/snare reducers have been changed to use %age effects. So they reduce by 70% rather than a set number of seconds. This is part of the way that the reducers are being balanced with the new low duration CC effects. They're relative to the effect duration.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    The MP is so not a NT with pets. And you'd be hard pressed to find an NT that can be as flexible as MP's. I find being a nuking prof with pets to be a very nice road to take, and I am enjoying every step.
    So far I've been an agent with pets, you could adapt to almost any prof really, just that you'll lack one or many things
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    >.> Dont whine so much. In crat docs, roots and snares have a really low duration in players and pet players.

But yah, we need those kind of nano on low lvl, cause we dont have this kind of CC as well.
    The other day, in TL3 BS, I had a 9 minute snare.

Do you know how long 9 minutes in PVP is?
    creds pls

Quote Originally Posted by Mandavel View Post
    The other day, in TL3 BS, I had a 9 minute snare.

Do you know how long 9 minutes in PVP is?
    Do you know that after rebalance they will be 10s max?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

Nothing new from this FWM i guess?
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

mp will be patched to a ci/cmo-buff-o-matic thingy close to borealis ge

Lies Tir gird more fun that way for omnis.

Seems we are next!

Scared yet?

Scared/Excited mix, more excited than scared here .

Excited.... check, scared.... check
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

LOL

P.s.: I want a LotV pet!!!

I don't know.. Kinda more scared here than anything else.. Seems every time we get something, one way or another it gets nerfed pretty fast.. And of course when we do get something, we get shoved around into a new little niche.. Would be nice to get something that's pure AWESOME that lets us kick behind, with no nerfs involved. Just getting tired of MPs always being on the sidelines, begging for teams, and not having anything that really makes us stand out and be valuable to teams..

So maybe I need to have a pitchfork or two ready to run up to Canada for the party that's coming up up there..

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast