Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Good news from on high: Rebalancing News! (UPDATED!)

All these changes look pretty much great. I personally see MPs as a profession that should rely on pets, nanos and creation weapons in roughly that order, and it sounds as if that very much fits the direction FC is taking us. No mention of a SoZ nerf is also nice. The only concern (and not a very big one, since I'd guess FC is likely to get it right or close enough to) is that we need a method to not be insta-splat without SS.

Any ETA on when changes from The Great Rebalancing are expected to hit live? 6 months? 12? 24?

Quote Originally Posted by Corily View Post
    Creation Weapons

MP toolset to be enhanced when combined with the use of creation weapons. 'Toolset' includes pets, nukes, etc.
    A removal of the possibility to use creation weaponry with other weapon types. Yes, that means the Parry Stick and Abandonment are probably getting nerfed.
    Possibly adjustments will be made to the creation weapons.
    this pretty much sounds like the death of my MP the only adjustment that could possibly work is lowering the requirments to equip which I doubt will happen

without parry stick I give up 40 evade clsc and with my solar guard at 50% self buffed it was a fair trade-off for me (I can't 100% the solar guard without OBs no matter what and I don't have the IP to move around and fix that)

Looks interesting, definitely look forward to more pet variety and making summoned weps more useful. One question:
    Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    MC is gonna be one crucial skill for MPs with the incoming Patch though, do not forget that.
    What's that about?
    Edit: in case you're wondering, got that from the MA changes thread
    Last edited by gimpmasta; Jan 10th, 2010 at 07:32:15.
    Still waiting for Ultimate Ofab Armor!

Definition of penultimate - next to the last

A lot more focus goes to Perk damage because of the perk changes and the rebalancing of AAO/AAD effects on NR Def based perks. Since most of these perks use MC as their attack skill, MC will become a very important stat, particularly in PvP.

X

Gotcha thanks for the explanation
    Still waiting for Ultimate Ofab Armor!

Definition of penultimate - next to the last

Great news.

The problem is, when will this rebalancing act be close to completion? I don't feel like paying for current PoS state of MPs in the game. :|

Could we get some greener skills on weapons? and an 1hb sneakattack weapon.
    Irmo 220 sol
    Hogfather 220 doc "ER...HO. HO. HO."
    Wintersmith 220 crat
    Ainur 209 trader
    Viralbots Incorporated

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by irmo View Post
    Could we get some greener skills on weapons? and an 1hb sneakattack weapon.
    And what exactly do you think this will be good for? Green skill doesn't mean you get more AR, SA will be nerfed... We don't need devs to waste their time on that.

something like. ranget version of creation weapon

Devils little boomstick
    requiments:
    2500matcrea
    1500AS
    900fling

damage: 350-650 (650)
    attack: 1.2
    recharge 1.2
    range 30m
    mbs: 2700

Attack skills:matcrea 100%
    Defence skills: nanoresist 90%

Modifier:
    500hp
    30mc
    30aad

and of course it shoots gigantic fire balls
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

With the eye on future changes to NR and AAD u wouldnt need to make it 90% nano resist checking. Can remain 100% like any other weapon out there
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Nerf, guess I wont be re-twinking my 76 MP or rolling a 165 MP then
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9001 View Post
    And what exactly do you think this will be good for? Green skill doesn't mean you get more AR, SA will be nerfed... We don't need devs to waste their time on that.
    Green skills = less ip, SA will still be a special attack... and wants to recast their weapons every 8 hours?
    Irmo 220 sol
    Hogfather 220 doc "ER...HO. HO. HO."
    Wintersmith 220 crat
    Ainur 209 trader
    Viralbots Incorporated

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

I've got more news for you guys as soon as I can figure out how I'm going to write it up. I think you'll be mightily interested to hear what it involves.

Talking New released info!

Got the nod to release a bit more information to you guys so here it is:

• When FC says "we're reworking pets from the ground up" they mean it, they're literally going over every pet we have, and making sure the numbers in regards to Attack Rating, Defense ratings and Nano Resist are up to date with today's numbers. The idea is that pets shouldn't be so casually drained and ganked.

• Also another item folks have wanted: Pet warps that are more effective. The new plan is to have pet warps that are instacast with a local cooldown to prevent spamming. Usable anywhere, not just in BS.

• In the works now are the mechanics to how Damage to Pet might be implemented. As a rough sketch, it looks like a new perkline might become available to pet professions that would enable emergency defenses in terms of Damage to Pet, as well as improved pet heals and other good stuff. That said, with coming perk changes we'll have either 2 perks to throw at it (CR/SS/Starfall/Trance) or have the defensive perkline we've always wanted at a cost of losing another 'must have' perkline (CR/Starfall/SS) or Trance, the newbie to the scene. If it doesn't make it as a perkline, as a nano line instead, it'll likey be decidedly less powerful, so we're probably going to have to make a choice on that. I'll probably put up a poll soon to see what folks think about it, then report it.

That's the new information that concerns us, there's other threads (or will be) in the other profession forums discussing changes to their toolsets if you're wanting to look at a bigger picture.

This dmg to pet, its going to be a constant effect right? Or maybe a moderate amount constant perk with a higher short time one like fixers defensive stance?

Because with no blockers and having to use a perk for our new def when we are in trouble = we are all ready dead.
    Still here

The Damage to Pet idea is in it's rough sketch phase so how it'll wind up isn't known yet. Once it's figured out into a testable state or when numbers become available, I'll let you guys know. My thinking is it's probably going to be similar to how the Nanomage Secondary Genome is planned to work, with a low level long duration effect and probably a higher level shorter duration for emergencies, but mind you that this is JUST MY THINKING and not representative of anything the Devs may come out with (that said, it'd have to be damn good to make us want to perk it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Also another item folks have wanted: Pet warps that are more effective. The new plan is to have pet warps that are instacast with a local cooldown to prevent spamming. Usable anywhere, not just in BS.
    Intacast is nice, of course, but it wasn't really the problem. Main problem is that it doesn't work when your pets are in combat, rooted, snared, calmed, etc.. If one of your pets get snared during a massive battle and you lost sight of it, the only way to get it back is to terminate all your pet and recast+rebuff them all, since single pet terminate doens't work when it's out of range. Hopefully, by "more effective" they mean that it can warp your pets no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    The Damage to Pet idea is in it's rough sketch phase so how it'll wind up isn't known yet. Once it's figured out into a testable state or when numbers become available, I'll let you guys know. My thinking is it's probably going to be similar to how the Nanomage Secondary Genome is planned to work, with a low level long duration effect and probably a higher level shorter duration for emergencies, but mind you that this is JUST MY THINKING and not representative of anything the Devs may come out with (that said, it'd have to be damn good to make us want to perk it!)
    Ok.

obviously a big problem at the moment is our static def, as it stands without blockers we are pretty much free vp's to every prof
    Still here

Any idea if the heal pet will be using the %health heal or if they will stick with a static heal level?

The second that information's released you'll know cos I'll be shouting it from the highest rooftops,etc, etc. and posting it here. As of yet, nothing is available.

I'm very aware there's going to be a lot of player attention on what our healing's going to look like, with Ancient Knowledge and Soothing SPirits getting huge healing boosts, it's going to be very important to see what our healpet can do to plan around what our role in team, soloing, and pvp will become.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast