Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Good news from on high: Rebalancing News! (UPDATED!)

Good news from on high: Rebalancing News! (UPDATED!)

Finally, Kintaii has given us the permission to reveal more about the balancing act regarding MP's!

Pets

Pets will be rebuilt from the ground up to rebalance pet viability across all level ranges. That includes all the pets, not just the attack pet.

Mezzpet line will be split apart to allow for choices between different debuff pets, with debuffs in the direction of mezz, snare, skill reduction, etc., etc.

Nukes

Increased viability across all level ranges, with possibly a greater functionality for creation weapon MP's.

Creation Weapons

MP toolset to be enhanced when combined with the use of creation weapons. 'Toolset' includes pets, nukes, etc.
    A removal of the possibility to use creation weaponry with other weapon types. Yes, that means the Parry Stick and Abandonment are probably getting nerfed.
    Possibly adjustments will be made to the creation weapons.

Sacrificial Shielding

Bam! NERF!

Removal of blockers. DoT adjustments so it no longer prevents the current Doc C DoT's from landing. Chances are really good this will be totally reworked from the ground up as well.

New Emergency Defenses

We will receive an emergency nano, possibly along the lines of a revamped 'Take the bullet', to improve our defenses in 'oh crap' situations.

Reflect and Damage to Nano hardcaps

100% reflect or DtN will be prevented by implementing hardcaps. No more info on the actual numbers yet.

Damage to pet or other alternatives

This part is still in its experimental phase. Damage to pet is an option being considered if it can actually be made to work.
    Bear in mind that the SS modification will not just pass trough without the proper justification.

*Note: Keep in mind this is only a fragment of the bigger picture. There is much more out there, so when reading trough the list try to stay open minded.

(Edit by Dancingrage): Updated with more information! http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...1&postcount=34 has more information released regarding rebalancing plans!
    Last edited by Dancingrage; Jan 13th, 2010 at 19:05:54. Reason: Moar info!

OK, while the Creation Weapons locking out normal weapons and SS losing blockers is a bit of a nerf, a lot of that can be made up with both improvement to pets and looking at new emergency defenses is likely to make that up properly.

Plus, "ZOMG UTILITY PETS!!". Hard to argue with getting new uses out of the old Mezz pet line, eh? I'm going to put up a question thread asking for options or ideas on what you would like to see out of a 'utility pet' line, which obviously will get forwarded to FC when it's finished up.

More comments as I see them, but this should give you a peek into what FC is planning. When you're reading this over, don't forget your Perk Documentation in the Balance Discussion thread as well to get a better view of the whole enchilada.

I just hope they realise that with no blockers mp's will need a HUGE defensive upgrade, we are really starting to lag behind on the combined evade+aad amount.

But with blockers gone hopefully they can add to our static def a decent amount now without the worry of making us OP due to blockers.
    Still here

My personal opinion:

Wether it will be balanced or not will entirely depend on the actual numbers of everything.

That said, I'm happy with the direction MP's are going.

EDIT: Lets talk and discuss! What do you think of these changes?
    Last edited by Corily; Jan 6th, 2010 at 20:35:48.

With the blockers being removed from SS would this now become a long term buff? Instead of a buff before zoning in bs so I look cool nano.
    Still here

Quote Originally Posted by Cryfreman View Post
    With the blockers being removed from SS would this now become a long term buff? Instead of a buff before zoning in bs so I look cool nano.
    I have no idea to be honest. No specifics on SS are given yet so I'm sort of in the same boat as you on this matter

Is SS going to now be on a "Local cooldown" or still 30sec recharge?
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Corily View Post
    Sacrificial Shielding

Bam! NERF!

Removal of blockers. DoT adjustments so it no longer stacks with the current Doc DoT's. Chances are really good this will be totally reworked from the ground up as well.

New Emergency Defenses

We will receive an emergency nano, possibly along the lines of a revamped 'Take the bullet', to improve our defenses in 'oh crap' situations.
    As far as I know, the DoT of SS never stacked with Doc DoT's, it always overwrote them since it does more damage. Removal of blockers is too bad, but MPs are pretty much worthless in pvp anyway... If our blockers get replaced by a 'Take the bullet'-like nano, that sucks, killing off a pet and disabling the other pets and yourself through 30 sec NSD, just for some layers and AAD? The 30 sec nano recharge from SS is ever better than 30 sec NSD :S I do like the new "mezz" pet idea though, will probably be more useful than our other 2 pets lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzarin View Post
    As far as I know, the DoT of SS never stacked with Doc DoT's, it always overwrote them since it does more damage. Removal of blockers is too bad, but MPs are pretty much worthless in pvp anyway... If our blockers get replaced by a 'Take the bullet'-like nano, that sucks, killing off a pet and disabling the other pets and yourself through 30 sec NSD, just for some layers and AAD? The 30 sec nano recharge from SS is ever better than 30 sec NSD :S
    Wups my bad. Correcting that mistake straight away, I actually meant the opposite.

Our blockers won't get 'replaced' by a take the bullet-like nano. Our blockers will simply get removed and we get an more suiting alternative for them; with on top of it an emergency nano. Most likely one without the drastic side-effects like killing our pet.

I don't know about a 30 second NSD. If it truly means you can run off with it I'd be fine with it honestly. But that is just me talking, not the devs.

Our blockers won't get 'replaced' by a take the bullet-like nano. Our blockers will simply get removed and we get an more suiting alternative for them; with on top of it an emergency nano. Most likely one without the drastic side-effects like killing our pet.

I don't know about a 30 second NSD. If it truly means you can run off with it I'd be fine with it honestly. But that is just me talking, not the devs.
    Well, SS wasn't an emergency nano that you cast to run from stuff. I usually casted it before going into a fight rather then going out of a fight. But we'll see how it develops, I'm curious what the future will bring either way

Finally, Kintaii has given us the permission to reveal more about the balancing act regarding MP's!

Pets

Pets will be rebuilt from the ground up to rebalance pet viability across all level ranges. That includes all the pets, not just the attack pet.

Mezzpet line will be split apart to allow for choices between different debuff pets, with debuffs in the direction of mezz, snare, skill reduction, etc., etc.
    I like this. Having the mezzpet with a massive damage debuff or init debuff (or both) would be great. No need for AoE mezzing, that would turn most solo PVM into easymode.

As for the attack pet, I'd be delighted if they added half the abilities the Warhammer squig pet gets - basically a more advanced control of the pet, ability to have its own special attacks (and for you to trigger them), etc. Especially knockback. Nothing like watching a player line up all his special abilities only to be thrown back 30 feet and see his perks wasted
    Nukes

Increased viability across all level ranges, with possibly a greater functionality for creation weapon MP's.
    Long overdue.
    Creation Weapons

MP toolset to be enhanced when combined with the use of creation weapons. 'Toolset' includes pets, nukes, etc.
    A removal of the possibility to use creation weaponry with other weapon types. Yes, that means the Parry Stick and Abandonment are probably getting nerfed.
    Possibly adjustments will be made to the creation weapons.
    This is really bad. There's currently only one build in lowbie MP PVP and this is a direct nerf to the only viable build. FC need a direct replacement, preferably one that might allow different weapon options (e.g. Arbalest - our AR/perks will never be good enough to kill anything with a non-AS weapon)
    Sacrificial Shielding

Bam! NERF!

Removal of blockers. DoT adjustments so it no longer prevents the current Doc C DoT's from landing. Chances are really good this will be totally reworked from the ground up as well.
    Given that FA and AS will be apparently on the same recharge line, this isn't so bad. In which case it's going to be more like our improved Anticipation of Retaliation, which face it, MPs are now reliant on SS's AAD and NR buffs. But are engy 7x blockers being nerfed as well?
    New Emergency Defenses

I think this "oh crap" idea in PVP is a bad philosophy. It then becomes about timing all dependent on one nano. There should be a range of defenses that can be chosen that can be activated at various levels of the player thinking they're in an emergency (like an advy with regular heals, coon, limber, dof, bioR, etc.). If FC are nerfing the perkstackinghotswapping alpha then it is better for us to get a range of defensive options.

Reflect and Damage to Nano hardcaps

100% reflect or DtN will be prevented by implementing hardcaps. No more info on the actual numbers yet.
    This sounds mostly like a soldier nerf.
    Damage to pet or other alternatives

This part is still in its experimental phase. Damage to pet is an option being considered if it can actually be made to work.
    Bear in mind that the SS modification will not just pass trough without the proper justification.
    This would fit well with a range of defenses rather than a single "ohcrap" thing.

Overall, looks positive on paper, but that will all depend on degree when actually implemented.
    Last edited by Chrys; Jan 6th, 2010 at 22:44:39.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Engi's keeping there blockers with some sort of active team one

No blockers is a massive def nerf, to a prof that was all ready easy to kill

I am confidant in Corily how ever

We still get perked by all with the 250aad from SS...unless procs up to.

Do bs without casting SS, see the future
    Still here

Whilst not a particularly active MP, this would be "interesting" if it was a generic 3rd pet, that you have to cast a nano on to make it active.

Requires a lot less nanos in the long run, 1 nano for each of the different types then just the pet nanos themselves.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

@Chrys: I was getting on paper up to and over 100% reflects on a shield build. If I can make it happen before the rebalancing patch hits (still levelling after all) I'll show you.

Knockback's got problems or we'd probably have it. We are getting a taunt on the pet, from Channel Rage's lv 10 perk action or so, tho trying to make taunts work in pvp will be tricky. If any news on that comes up I'll put it here.

I'm going to put up a thread in next few days to see what folks would like to see for alternatives to mezz pets and see if I can get some sort of word on what and if healpets will be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Is SS going to now be on a "Local cooldown" or still 30sec recharge?
    Thats the reason behind the change. Devs don't see how a nano with 30s recharge can be in MP (caster) toolset.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

if creation weapons getting adjusted and maked more usefull wtb ranget weapons too.
    like stick shooting fireballs with attack skill mc and def 90% nr or something
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

Quote Originally Posted by Perskules View Post
    if creation weapons getting adjusted and maked more usefull wtb ranget weapons too.
    Yeah, I've asked for that too actually. I really don't know how viable AS will be after the balancing patch, but most likely it won't be such a good option anymore since they're trying to move away from AS online.

I did point out that unless we have extreme defences (SoZ), there is no way we can go for a toe-to-toe combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Perskules View Post
    You mean like the Buzzing Magical Stave of Inferno?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast