Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Report back from your represenatives

Well, I will be retiring my soldier when the "balancing act" comes into effect. Not mainly so due to the changes but more so due to breed changes effecting my Soldier.
    I have a nanomage soldier who uses the current perk lines to good advantage due to my AR weakness and lower hp heal delta, but this will all go to zip once the balancing is in place totaly ruining my soldier's pvp and I will not re-roll after many years of getting where I am.

On a side note

One perk I never undderstood was draw blood, how it caps at 395 dmg/heal inf or hecklers for me on any mod yet outside of inf I can go way upto 3.9k dmg/heal

Why can't we see new Heavy weapons we have a almost usless nano line for it, and what's wrong with Assault rifles.. why the heck do people get insistant on "copying" other professions..
    Every one whined about soldiers with LE and DB, now look at us, getting the regular seat back of the bus.

I can see if you see this as a whine, but frankly it's not just a dissapointed post from some one who pretty much only like to play his Soldier, I like my Shark leave it alone, I don't like pistols, we been there before remember..
    Reflects that have never been fixed or work 50% of the time.. and yes soldiers should have access to pretty much all ranges of wapons but this SHOULD include AS special enables weapons.. many many issues with soldier that have never been fixed wiping the slate clean doesn't solve much.

ok now i'm rambling just my thought's is all..

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfindwe View Post
    I

- As for pvp, I see three main issues your professionals should look into : make our perk dmg types match.
    Done a few patches ago mate. Can't speak for advys w/ DoF up, but coon gets eaten on Enforcers like there's no tomorrow now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    Done a few patches ago mate. Can't speak for advys w/ DoF up, but coon gets eaten on Enforcers like there's no tomorrow now.
    wrong, its ONLY for AI perks, everything else still does difernet dmg types, napalm still does fire, full PU line does energy and our drain is still melee

next patch though its all gonna be the same type as your weapon

id like to make another suggestion, i think it would be a nice add on

id like a weapon to reload on its own once the clip is empty, aka if you kite and FA and drop Q it should reload on it own

right now we have to trigger it by standing still and waiting for the gun to try and shoot to trigger it or we have to drop Q and click reload, it is most annoying when you chase someone is sometimes you forgot to click reload so when hes about to die you click specials and it says no ammo......

i understand the fairness in not being able to reload while in combat and moving but dropping Q with an empty weapon should trigger a reload, just an idea

Ok, after reviewing the threads thus far, there seems to be the resounding opinion that:

1) The first three bullets in a FA should have a lower defensive check, not just the first.

2) Assault rifles should remain the best choice for high-AR PvP setups.

Being an AR PvP soldier, I'm already trying to push for these issues and I will continue doing so with clear evidence that the entire soldier community wants it.

As for the reflect hardcap, I know that some of us love using reflect-twinked setups. I've experimented with those too and enjoy the option to do so. To be honest I saw this coming, and like I said a couple months ago, I'm going to do everything I can to make sure it's a reasonable cap. Berinda is also completely on the ball with this, and she is very in tune with both PvM and PvP issues.

My expectations for what she and I will be able to accomplish:

Fist two bullets of each FA will have a lower defense check - I'd love to get the first three but I don't think it would be wise for anyone to get their hopes up.

Two more perks added to Heavy Ranged giving more AR, or more AR for assault rifle soldiers through another means.

A reflect hardcap of no lower than 90% so AMS5 isn't completely useless.

A version of BR similar in balance and fairness to all the proposals we discussed in the last 6 months, if not fairer.

Finally, a fix to auras overwriting RRFE on teammates.

Things I'll also try for:

Time&Space removed from the AMS nanoskill debuff, so solds can use nanokits during and after AMS (excellent suggestion from the soldier community!)

Only Rad reflect debuffed from LE nukes (so far the dev team have said they aren't sure about this one but I will persist, and the NT profs support this)

A faster refresh on our reflect auras or some other way of cutting down the reflect hole immediately after AMS.

30 to 40% chance of a 4s stun added to the 3rd perk in the new perkline, with a longer recharge (currently it's just a taunt with a 20s recharge).

I'll add more things here and to our stickied wishlist thread in the next couple weeks as ideas flow. Berinda also has a lot of ideas and plans too, so this is not comprehensive nor complete.
    Last edited by Questra; Jan 8th, 2010 at 00:16:59.

Sounds good to me Q. BTW, from the NT forums, it sounds like they expect to LOSE the dbls/trpls completely. We need to keep an eye on that situation, and see what develops.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

About the perks, the 10th perk in Heavy Ranged should have a solid damage perk action.

Instead of 100 static max reflected damage in the new perkline, could we get either a perk for like 200 max reflected damage, or make highdamage hits reflect more damage back to attacker when in AMS?

Would really love to see more heavy weapons as well, if not a new weapon, maybe some sort of rocket launcher special attack attached to assault rifles, like bow special attacks are to bows? Should use heavy weapons as attack skill.
    Last edited by Hatech; Jan 8th, 2010 at 01:00:18.

all this is nice but, if the patchs not coming out for another 6 months it feels alot like talking about stuff right now is..well...you know

id much rather know a time table

i agree 100% with everything you said above QQ, although while the DD perks and chance of stun souinds nice, the perkline itslef dosnt seem to give much, 100 max reflect is nice on its own but, is it worth 10 perks? for 10 perks we should get something else on it too etc, if specials are going to remain as they are more or less, we do need some add dmg boost seeing as right now with people always having rrfe our regular dmg is a pure JOKE to say the least, im sorry but when i shoot a green shade for 760 full auto and it barely move his hp bar it just means we need some add dmg back, esp if we are going to lose another 250 add dmg, 350 if you go combat hud over aao hud....we are in serious lack of add dmg for pvp right now i think, AR is good, more aao is good, bullets landing easier is good but, our bullets are getting weaker and weaker every patch, soon enough an add dmg setup doc will do the same reg hits as the masters of assault rifle in pvp...just look at the advies melee weapon's dmg...and they got two

while alot of people might say its fair since we got fast recharging specials let me tell you this, if we miss our specials, then reload...during all this time an advy can just swing away and use brawl and FA and have like 5 shots at the say....fixer, same goes for ranged ones now too

I'm all for pistol mastery.

Also, I'd like to see the first for sure (and second perk) of the new line be available prior to level 100.

Lowby soldiers function well, but, theres not much to be done for twinking prior to level 100. I'd liketo see solds get a bit of love through this new perkline between level 50-100.

I think the changes are pretty reasonable and won't mess up soldier balance too much.

However, I think borrow reflect could be toned down. imo, if it was capped at a certain amount, like, 40%, for example, it would be more tolerable.

so, If you TMS and get 92% reflect, and then BR'd, you'd lose 40% reflects leaving you with 52% still, which isn't bad.

A lot of the complaints about BR don't seem to take into consideration that some profs don't have a method to deal the amount of damage needed to take down a sold. I know everyone wants to be invulnerable, but, in reality, solds have a lot of options, and Iwin buttons like AMS need checks. This is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    3080 eh, that sounds...low as hell, so pistol is roughly 500ish behind AR right now, in fact, right now advies got more pistol AR than soldiers, ill say it again, why play soldier when we can use the same weapons on fixer/advy and actually have a defense :P
    as advy , fix i will be either smg or pistol but as sold like Berinda said the master of ranged weapons i use AR , SMG , Pistols , shooty , carbine almost have all ranged skills maxed i used to use bow , BSA too and swap from one to another depend on the situation and thats the beauty of being soldier

The good thing about extra reflect damage is that it will help vs evade professions. We frequently miss on them, so the add. damage from power up for example not only got halved in PvP, it often gave us no benefit.

The thing with reflect damage is that we're so easy to hit and perk, it's a bit like a bit of extra damage regardless of whether we can actually hit people or not. Also, it will help a little bit when profs sit down to healdelta during our AMS and then alpha us afterwards. 68 reflect damage is nothing compared to 225, but 168 is pretty good compared to 325. At least this way, we have a little extra chance to take someone down before we die ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatech View Post
    Instead of 100 static max reflected damage in the new perkline, could we get either a perk for like 200 max reflected damage
    This is an interesting idea if it gave us as much + reflect damage over time as the static 100. The ability to control when our reflected damage is higher would be good for covering our AMS downtime.

"Ok, if you want to kite us for 80 seconds and then fight, you can... but it's going to hurt you, sonny!"

WTB more feedback from other soldiers on Hatech's idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Sounds good to me Q. BTW, from the NT forums, it sounds like they expect to LOSE the dbls/trpls completely. We need to keep an eye on that situation, and see what develops.
    This is likely good news for us, because as new nukes are added, the chance of them not debuffing reflects, or requiring a lengthy nuke chain to do so, or possibly only debuffing reflects by a certain amount becomes greater. We're following this development and yes, I'm going to try to ensure that only the appropriate reflected damage is debuffed, and if possible by less than the reflect provided by our AMS.

OK, so far my interpretation and collation of the posts in this thread suggests to me that most people want a differtiation between AR and SMG. A big difference so that AR soldiers don't feel they'd be better with SMGs.

So far, it seems like most of you want more AR or AAO for assault rifle soldiers, to make AR the best choice for attack-rating based PvP setups that offer more reliable damage, and SMG the best choice for hard damage on softer targets. Is that correct?

One of the things we talked about in the last few months was the low perk damage that Heavy Ranged has, and how we should get more perk DD from a new perkline, or possibly more perk DD for Heavy Ranged. We also talked about getting more attack rating for assault rifle.

I feel that these are possibilities for Heavy Ranged, but perhaps not both of them at the same time. Just to get a feel, would people prefer more attack rating and easier debuffs from Heavy Ranged, or more perk DD from that line? I can try for both, but please indicate which you would prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    I feel that these are possibilities for Heavy Ranged, but perhaps not both of them at the same time. Just to get a feel, would people prefer more attack rating and easier debuffs from Heavy Ranged, or more perk DD from that line? I can try for both, but please indicate which you would prefer.
    I vote for more AR. Any perk debuffs we get will be 100% anyway, which means we can hit them without the debuffs. Add more Attack Rate, and we dont need debuffs. AAO > Assault rifle, but we will take what we can get. DD perks would be cool, but FA/Burst is a soldiers bread and butter.
    Because we said so.

"OK, so far my interpretation and collation of the posts in this thread suggests to me that most people want a differtiation between AR and SMG. A big difference so that AR soldiers don't feel they'd be better with SMGs."

Both should be at the same level. ASR with more attack rating, but lacking in something else and smg with lacking some attack rating, but better with other things. If ASR will be (much) better then smg, then we'll loose our weapon choice again.
    RK3
    Killerkatze7 - 220/30/70
    Rymar - 220/23/65

RK1
    Killercat7 - 220/30/70
    Eparee - 182/10/38

Quote Originally Posted by killercat7 View Post
    "OK, so far my interpretation and collation of the posts in this thread suggests to me that most people want a differtiation between AR and SMG. A big difference so that AR soldiers don't feel they'd be better with SMGs."

Both should be at the same level. ASR with more attack rating, but lacking in something else and smg with lacking some attack rating, but better with other things. If ASR will be (much) better then smg, then we'll loose our weapon choice again.
    Im gonna bump this. Yes, Im bias'd. Making SMG skill green like Pistol, AR and Ranged Energy shouldnt be difficult. Matter of fact, Ive always thot that ALL basic ranged skills should be green for Soldiers.
    Because we said so.

I have said this elsewhere QQ/Berinda, though i wil say it here as well, the last perk in the new line should have a 95% AR check and an increase in the dmg of approx 15-20%.

It's clearly an adjusted finishing perk (replacing the nova strike) and should have some improvement to it.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by killercat7 View Post
    Well you, Hrnyhotdog, and I were chatting about this in our org chat and in tells yesterday, me being assault rifle and the two of you being SMG.

In an attack rating setup, you got 3470 Envy AR with towers, or was that with sphere too? With towers, I have 3720 atm, so we're looking at 250 difference there. With a SMG buff, that's likely to reduce to somewhere between 150 to 100 (just a blind guess, noone knows numbers yet). It's a pretty small gap for the difference in perk damage and stun potential, so extra AR skill for Heavy Ranged would be ok there I think.

If you have 3470ish AR with sphere, then we're looking at a larger gap, 250 to 200, and extra AR would presumably bring that to 350-300.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqi View Post
    I have said this elsewhere QQ/Berinda, though i wil say it here as well, the last perk in the new line should have a 95% AR check and an increase in the dmg of approx 15-20%.
    I'll see what I can do. The more suggestions about the new perkline the better. I know that Berinda is very keen to try to get some of the max reflected damage changed to static damage (50 reflect/50 static), and while I think we're better off in PvP with the reflect damage, I'll support that if the community feels the same.

tbh we should gain both 100 reflect and 100 dmg from the perkline, i mean come on its not a perk action its an entire perkline

when it comes to perks, i dont know why we feel as though we might be getting too much sometimes when a class like advy has acrobat and bio cocoon and the call all at once?

but having 100 reflect and 100 dmg is like woooooo? makes no sense to me, if anything to be in the same league we should keep the 100 reflect, 100 dmg and actually have another perk that adds an extra 50+ reflect or 200 dmg

next patch advies are getting beckoning love, its gonna be just like supressive horde, my point is soldier is losing all its advantages over the patches

we are THE shield class, yet NT has better shields, NBG NBS and NS?

we are supposed to be one of the highest AR ingame yet we cant perk jack and if we go smg we got the same AR as a fixer, yes, fixer with 3.2k no tower, 3.3k with and -250 debuff puts you at 3550 AR on the target, nevermind the fact their stun is 90% check too so once again no point being a soldier for shield or smg or attack rating

add dmg? now with advies having the same kinda perks as us, and a BETTER add dmg aura, mother wolf anyone?

thats the issue with soldier, we are not the best at anything, we should be, we should either have one of the most devastating offense, which we dont compared to stuff like agent perks and NTS, or have one of the most brick wall defense, which we dont, our defense being bypassed by so manything with the biggest cooldown, i dont want to have both, at all, but i want soldier to be hardcore on the offense or defense, not lame in both, read only good to kill gimps, which is what soldier currently is

AR should be able to perk any MA/shade/advy in limber and crats without the 400 aad perk, if we cant, there is 0 reason to be AR over SMG

dont get me wrong i love smg, i do, i love dual weapons its fun, but imho a soldier should be at its best in pvp using an assault rifle, so far it looks good with the new improved perks and new perkline but would it be possible to change our gazump to give more, or when they give us new buffs to scale AR up aswell, at the rate its going just like i said before people will go RE/smg and itll be dumb

Only Rad reflect debuffed from LE nukes (so far the dev team have said they aren't sure about this one but I will persist, and the NT profs support this)
    Likely that this is highly redundant, which is fine so long as the tools NTs get don't suck in comparison.

Hard to make many other judgement calls since we still don't have an entire picture. The FA idea isn't a bad one, the lowest/lower/lowish idea on the first 3 bullets is better, however before demanding this bear in mind that you only need 2-3 bullets with your fancy new Assault Rifles to cap most people, so in that case it depends on what the lowest/lower/lowish checks will actually be and will a miss on bullet 1 still mean a miss on bullets 2-10?

No comment with the various things mentioned about reflect debuffing in the absence of LE nukes. BR is going to be adjusted, NSD has never made you walking squishy given the range, so if you're going to keep pushing to not have a hefty debuff via a single nuke or nuke combo then you're back to effectively wanting to be untouchable for 80s out of every 120. Bear in mind "hefty debuff" needs to be relative to wherever the reflects cap at but if they cap at the numbers thrown around in this thread (90+) then NTs should be able to somehow drop you to 30% (so RRFE levels) to get an attack through.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I know that Berinda is very keen to try to get some of the max reflected damage changed to static damage (50 reflect/50 static), and while I think we're better off in PvP with the reflect damage, I'll support that if the community feels the same.
    The more I'm exploring the options and the more I'm realizing just how drastic and wonderful this rebalancing can be, I'm rethinking that position a little bit. We have a lot of opportunity here to explore nano-based improvements to our prof, and I think more add damage would have it's place there while allowing the perk line to do it's own thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast