Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Report back from your represenatives

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    yes we heard your *waa waa AMS is actually good vs enfs* now move along and dont come back
    You could probably quote what I said. Given the changes to Enforcers and Agents I'll probably end up a Soldier primarily.

I think the "projected" changes are quite positive for soldiers, fyi. There does need to be a culling of things in this game that are just bizarrely illogical at times (sitting in combat, 100% reflect, people completely unhittable, 100% all or nothing debuffs, etc)
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    More HP is fine if the reflect cap whittles down to something like 75%.
    Given that a soldier with AMS V and an Ofab back gets 87% reflect, that would be absurd. You're basically proposing soldiers get no improvement past TMS X.

Change the Ofab back to add healdelta, problem solved there. AMS is indestructable mode vs weapon fire right now, it probably shouldnt be. Sitting down and ignoring damage due to healdelta is just ****ing stupid on a massive number of levels.
    Heal delta ticking fast while sitting down during a fight is what needs fixed, not application of an absurdly low reflect cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Given that a soldier with AMS V and an Ofab back gets 87% reflect, that would be absurd. You're basically proposing soldiers get no improvement past TMS X.
    I'm just saying it would be logical. You could, of course, scale the other TMS's down. Make them all last 1:20, update the reflect portion from TMS 1, to AMS V, AMS V topping out at 70% FOR EXAMPLE. You could also have AMS's give huge healdelta buffs as soon as the reflect itself runs down to cover AMS downtime FOR EXAMPLE.

Heal delta ticking fast while sitting down during a fight is what needs fixed, not application of an absurdly low reflect cap.
    You are right, sitting should give -5000 evades or something along those lines, I just stated that you can rework stats to make items desirable, if mechanics change. Soldiers ignoring damage while AMS is up is absurd. And you (we?) do with AMS up.

87% may as well be 100%, a trader with 87% reflect will still mangle a soldier who has 0% after being BR'ed, so either that change will do nothing at all, functionally, or the cap from reflects is going to be lower.

You have to build the items around mechanics, not the mechanics around ONE item.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    I'm just saying it would be logical. You could, of course, scale the other TMS's down. Make them all last 1:20, update the reflect portion from TMS 1, to AMS V, AMS V topping out at 70% FOR EXAMPLE. You could also have AMS's give huge healdelta buffs as soon as the reflect itself runs down to cover AMS downtime FOR EXAMPLE.
    Bad idea - soldiers at lower levels are pretty squishy. Doesn't matter how long TMS lasts if you're dead.

You are right, sitting should give -5000 evades or something along those lines, I just stated that you can rework stats to make items desirable, if mechanics change. Soldiers ignoring damage while AMS is up is absurd. And you (we?) do with AMS up.
    Sitting in a fight should disable evades and not make your HD tick faster, yes. Soldiers do not ignore damage under AMS, and it can be stolen or negated in all kinds of ridiculous ways. Saying soldiers ignore damage over and over again does not make it so.

87% may as well be 100%, a trader with 87% reflect will still mangle a soldier who has 0% after being BR'ed, so either that change will do nothing at all, functionally, or the cap from reflects is going to be lower.
    You're assuming BR will remain unchanged and rely on reflect hardcap to lower the shield amount.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 12th, 2010 at 19:27:56. Reason: fixed broken quote tag

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post

Military Hacker Firewall - New nano.
    Nano resist 1 pt per level.
    Run speed 1 pt per level.
    Root and snare reducing aura.
    Low reqs, low ncu, castable at tl1.
    Dear lord no...

Asking for a new nano that covers your current holes is counter productive. Asking for changes to real problems is a much better idea.

A few problems I can see?

Full Auto needs a low def check on the first 3 bullets. Only the first is nonsensical.

AMS is too much when it's up, and too little when it's down. It's also too much "all or nothing" versus the professions that can disable/ignore it, leaving the soldier with /godmode versus many professions, but "OMFG RUN!!!" versus some of them.

Throwing more AAO at soldiers randomly isn't a good idea. Certain weapon options should be better for certain things, but right now who knows what Assault Rifle should be good at. I fully agree that it should be great at something.

BR is just plain stupid.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Pistol Mastery line - The fact that I'm still going to have to change from Ass Rifle to Pistol or SMG just kinda dissapoints me.

The perk line looks decent. But not what i was expecting. We need a stun.

WIth this just give me something to replace Aimed SHot...i mean FLing would even be okay, jsut add it to my assault rifle.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Few suggestions and questions.

New Perkline.
    Will it be "While wearing a ranged weapon"? Or Assault rifle only?
    Trade reflect damage/BD for HD/AAO. We got the damage handled, we just need to be able to HIT evaders.
    Like the idea of a stun on the 2nd taunt.

Weapon skill support.
    Add ALL weapon types to Art of Peace/War.
    Additional Buffs for smg/pistol.
    Upgradable JOBE pistols (Yeah, I know...keep dreaming Gun.)

Research Lines.
    They keep hinting at additional Research....any chance of this?

FA.
    I agree that the first 3 bullets need a lower check...if ur goin to give us fling instead of FA, just SAY it. (Not that fling on the Xan would be a BAD thing, ya know..)

Personally, I would LOVE to go back to smgs. I'm bored to tears with AR, and its just not that uber sexy anymore. Our Attack Rating just isnt cutting it. I got Crats and shades laffing at me with their evades. So, why fight it? If we cant have a chance of an endgame soldier hitting other endgame toons, Ill just rebuild into a pvm setup and be done with it...or find another game.
    Oh, and totally agree how impossibly stupid it is to be able to sit, and ignore ANY damage due to HD.
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Jan 7th, 2010 at 05:53:57.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

WHERE IS THE SOLDIER CYBERDECK?!?!!

many professions get a cyberdeck option but not soldiers? i see an intended discrimination here
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

I haven't played to AO for a while because I'm lacking the time to really enjoy it.

But when I was still playing, the main problems I was encountering were :

- Lack of healing for solo purposes, at all TLs, except maybe for a 220 in a very good setup with a lot of HD. A better heal delta at all levels would be nice, not such a difference for fast pace pvp, but important in pve.

- As for pvp, I see three main issues your professionals should look into :

1) Way too strong nemesis, Engineers, Nt's and Traders have it WAY too easy with us, and I believe that it makes it frustrating for everyone. Simple fix, reduce a little bit their nemesis'ish nanos, as others suggested it before

2) Very hard time for soldiers to take on cocoon evade professions. Well this is then nearly exclusively about adventurers, who seem to have got even more overpowered since I left, but it is way too frustrating that when you finally get to use your perks, when their DoF is down, it get entirely absorbed by the coon, because of different dmg types involved in our perk lines. Fixes? Nerf advies, make our perk dmg types match.

3) Finally, there is no way for us soldiers to actually kill healing professions with enough health points. It's as simple as that. They get below 70%, they heal back to full, and with the time it takes to throw an entire alpha and to hotswap to a nova, they can use their heal again right in the middle of it. Good ones use free movement if you are lucky enough to get a stun, well, all in all, we need a 100% reliable and long enough stun in order to take down high HP profession, meaning mostly good agents and doctors.

Last thing, right, support for pistols and smg is cool, but clearly not needed. Why?
    - because if people chose to level up with a jobe pistol, it's because it was better for them even without support,
    - because each time we will complain about the love other professions get, they'll answer "you get support for x and y", you get new weaps, etc. And it'll be annoying since it's mostly for comfort that we asked for the support
    - because these weapons already are supported for other professions, and they'll complain that we're stealing from them etc...

Clearly we need choices at end game, but that can be done very well only in heavy weapons, assault rifles and maybe shotguns, just ask for some ofab variation, like 1 assault rifle with very high crits but medium dmg, one with fling shot ( as an addition to burst and fa), one with slow recharge but very high normal dmg, a heavy weapon which checks duck exp as the defensive skill, etc etc.

You can do ten different competitive weapons for end game, using existing models, just changing the stats, and people will love comparing all of them to say which one is better in which cases etc. If one seems to be too much used, nerf it a bit, etc. in 2 months, by monitoring what players do, you can end up letting them chose between a lot of competitive and cool weapons to use, without having to rework the whole support or perk system.
    Last edited by Dolfindwe; Jan 7th, 2010 at 14:00:24.

gr8 work Questra & Berinda the inc buffs for smg and pistols are very nice and getting acsess to pm mmmm dunno about it but nice to have another option especially since i alr use lust :P
    the new line got cool perks also but the lack of stuns , DD buff on it really bad we need taunt in pvm yes but i think not on the cost of DD idk to keep the DD buff and lose taunt but mb thats just me
    but what concern me most the FA
    idk to know how , if we will land the 1st bullet easily and get very high check on the l8er bullets idk how hard it will be coz i smell no more capped FA inc so more details about fa i don't want to land 1st bullet and miss the rest vs doc , enf , agent that will make it more horrible and better keep the fa as itis if thats the case so details on how we will be landing the 1st 31 bullet
    also the reflect idk to know if we will still be able to hit the 96% reflect at least <amsv+bracer+hud+back> think at least we should be able to keep this . .
    i know u guys doing very hard work but we still need more <3
    the inc smg/pistol buffs made my day but plz Give details on FA inc changs plz
    and still asking for protection against NSD take this in mind totaly nerf the nano or put perks that add removal immunity for NSD in special forces line or items that give immunity vs it enough with NT , trader pwning us and any way we can do any sort of dmg to them before dying but the case vs engi really horrible the DD they got + blockers make it really impossible to force them to cocon and they take us down so fast , faster than both NT or trader , when they met soldier they don't worry about any thing at all . . . this should change
    and no i am not ok with killing their dog before dying
    Last edited by randomalpha; Jan 7th, 2010 at 14:14:14.

Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    gr8 work Questra & Berinda the inc buffs for smg and pistols are very nice and getting acsess to pm mmmm dunno about it but nice to have another option especially since i alr use lust :P
    the new line got cool perks also but the lack of stuns , DD buff on it really bad we need taunt in pvm yes but i think not on the cost of DD idk to keep the DD buff and lose taunt but mb thats just me
    but what concern me most the FA
    idk to know how , if we will land the 1st bullet easily and get very high check on the l8er bullets idk how hard it will be coz i smell no more capped FA inc so more details about fa i don't want to land 1st bullet and miss the rest vs doc , enf , agent that will make it more horrible and better keep the fa as itis if thats the case so details on how we will be landing the 1st 31 bullet
    also the reflect idk to know if we will still be able to hit the 96% reflect at least <amsv+bracer+hud+back> think at least we should be able to keep this . .
    i know u guys doing very hard work but we still need more <3
    the inc smg/pistol buffs made my day but plz Give details on FA inc changs plz
    and still asking for protection against NSD take this in mind totaly nerf the nano or put perks that add removal immunity for NSD in special forces line or items that give immunity vs it enough with NT , trader pwning us and any way we can do any sort of dmg to them before dying but the case vs engi really horrible the DD they got + blockers make it really impossible to force them to cocon and they take us down so fast , faster than both NT or trader , when they met soldier they don't worry about any thing at all . . . this should change
    and no i am not ok with killing their dog before dying

can you tell me if you got an attack rating setup with pistol and if you do how much AR can you get as of now?

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    WHERE IS THE SOLDIER CYBERDECK?!?!!

many professions get a cyberdeck option but not soldiers? i see an intended discrimination here
    it's called a Dshark
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    can you tell me if you got an attack rating setup with pistol and if you do how much AR can you get as of now?
    3080 with AS scop / ofab gloves rest CC

and about PM line we should have this line from the beginning very nice just found out that this will be very cool and give us more options for dual soldiers
    Last edited by randomalpha; Jan 7th, 2010 at 15:40:27.

QQ, B, i have an idea regarding the reflect cap. first of all it cannot go below 90% anyway and two, if they are going to nerf our ability to twink reflect, making AMS even more useless with our already lacking passive defense, it it not time we get two more hit healing ingame? then people cant say its OP because we get 99% reflect and heals, if they cap it at like 90, i think a TMHH is in order BUT, once again for that to be viable we need to know what they plan to do with 1, all the nano rework and 2, what kind of heal nerf are they implenting, its really hard to come up with good feedback when we barely got 2% info of the overall patch, either dont ever share info again until you can tell us more than two lines or have them give out some nano documentation like they did with perks, because at the rate this is going peoplemwill just whine because they will think of the new perks in the current state of the game...

PS, how do i get on test live again? im gonna start testing offensive setups and alpha potentials

Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    3080 with AS scop / ofab gloves rest CC

and about PM line we should have this line from the beginning very nice just found out that this will be very cool and give us more options for dual soldiers

3080 eh, that sounds...low as hell, so pistol is roughly 500ish behind AR right now, in fact, right now advies got more pistol AR than soldiers, ill say it again, why play soldier when we can use the same weapons on fixer/advy and actually have a defense :P

all in all i agree we should have gotten PM when perks came live, i mean, we got smg mastery and it isnt green, we got shotgun mastery now too and its blue i think, we actually have a pistol mastery buff and its green but no perkline? its easy to see why they would give us new buffs and the perkline

right now if i had a pistol buff upgrade and PM mastery id switch in a heartbeat and it isnt because of 80% perks, that AS + huge reg hits is just so much dmg even on evaders, but now with the new 3s attacj time on AS, on a prof like us which has a 40s cooldown where we cannot stick around seems like it wont be all that great, and B told me FA wont be getting that 3s attack time, all the more reason to stay full auto, the question is, whats going to come out on top, smg/RE combo (will try on test) or assault rifle, from what we know right now, smg will be far supiror while we will have to give up any hope of killing evaders....isnt that just enforcing rock paper siscor pvp?

in my honest opinion and that goes mainly to Questra, if the -only- advantage of assault rifle is higher AR and debuffs, our debuffs SHOULD, and ill say it again SHOULD be really easy to land, much easier than tracer ever was

that is all for now

Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    Based on this information, I can see a lot of retired soldiers..
    I still see alot of defense for a certain time coupled with high offense. Top dog soldiers will still be top on the servers in terms of pvp.

Stuns: Personally i think stuns are not to be every mans easymode of killing stuff in pvp. Stuns fit more in the shade toolset to compensate their own low defense.

Your professionals did a good job. Thought the nerf would be alot more. The soldier can still focus almost entirly on offense for a large amount of time in pvp.
    Last edited by DrLithvium; Jan 7th, 2010 at 17:54:33.
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

sorry but i don't want to see pistol mastery opened up to soldiers. i see soldiers as the masters of heavy weapons and massive damage, so in turn i want AR or maybe even heavy weapons as a change of pace improved. the new perk line is looking nice tho and it might make me consider trying to re-equip my soldier, but its been a lost cause for about 3 years now and i still have no desire to play it again due to the weapon choices that should belong only to other professions.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Cdogg421 View Post
    i still have no desire to play it again due to the weapon choices that should belong only to other professions.

giant QFT

Soldiers should have access to all ranged weaponry and the ability to use them viably. There is not a single ranged weapon soldiers have not historically had some form of support for.

More options are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post

Fourth: Reflect cap - Funcom don't want very-high reflect-twinked or damage-to-nano setups to be possible anymore. No details on this yet but Berinda and I will make sure this doesn't affect soldiers using AMS5 + OFAB back. We will try to ensure that reflect bracers are still viable but no guarantees there. Please post your thoughts on this.

bah, admit you made em do it on purpose cos you was tired of me having 100% projectile reflects;/ and i voted on you!!111

so far i didnt even read the pevious part of your post, this single change will be something im gonna hate, one less def setup possible, the one im using goes poof

unless in return we get BR removed and reflect rippers nerfed this change is absolutey not needed

going for such high reflects means sacrificing a huge portion of dmg and attack rating, and its not like soldiers defences last forever

while it wont be gamebreaking ( lots other setups possible ), it will definately make the game less diverse, less fun

for me it looks like fc took the shortcut on fixing BR issue, nerfing the ones on its receiving end in the process ( alltho i admit theres prolly just a few soldiers left stacking all reflects they could possibly get, over dmg/ar, me being one of them tho if this goes live im gonna be a sad soldier )

ok, and to the rest:

im sure the change on 1st FA bullet will be welcomed by all soldiers, no need to comment on i even, its obvious

the new perkline - its kinda hard to comment on w.o seeing the final changes to our AR perks, alltho on its own it looks rather dissapointing, while the perk actions proposed look nice the mods for a full line perked dont impress at all

more weapon support is nice, assuming there will be a reason to stay AR after the ballance act, otherwise we all will end up dual wielding wich would suck bigtime ( pls dont make me switch to dual wield on half my toons FC )
    Last edited by Insane666; Jan 7th, 2010 at 21:40:25.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast