Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Report back from your represenatives

The problem with slow, HARD hitting gun obviously are dmg caps in pvp.
    As for the gatling gun DoT idea, that sounds like solving broken fingernail by cutting off the arm :P
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

How about a wep that fires 3 individual shots at one time? 3 seperate checks? Light to mderate hits, but all 3 at 1/1 simutaniously?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I want the Violence perk to be usable at any time, no changes besides removing the percentage of health reqs.
    I hardly get to use it because either someone heal you before dropping under 40%, or you get smacked instantly. The rare time I get to use it, it's not any good, because I can probably gank that target at any given time. I don't think it's alot to ask either, considering the perk actions we get from that line.
    Last edited by Hatech; Apr 28th, 2010 at 00:44:52.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    I smiled when I read this post because I think you'll be pleased. While I think it's extremely unlikely we'd get a reduced check on 4 bullets, Berinda and I have asked for 3 and have bumped this with the devs recently.

Once we see the new weapon buffs we can start putting new weapon designs to the devs, but first things first. It seems like most people want a heavy weapons option, so people should start tinkering with ideas for stats on them.

Also, keep in mind that if we did get a HW option it shouldn't be just an AR with a different required skill, it should fulfill a different purpose in PvP. (e.g a huge gatling gun with FA only which would spray up to 3-5 bullets on all targets within a 5-10m radius of the target, but with reduced attack rating on vicinity targets). I'm not as much a HW enthusiast as some of you so I'm sure you guys would have better ideas.
    Nice! 3 bullets sounds ubah.
    I dun think they will have time to add new weapons in the pvp reballance patch but maybe later
    i would love to see HW with burst/FS and 3 different separate attacks 2 of them would have 1/1 and 3rd 2/2 capped ( the 3rd one with sum % debuffs like20%taunt, 20% snare, 10%stun and 10% - AAD)
    we wont have so ubah AR with HW i think so like this and with nice +crit it could be nice addition for pvp and pvm.

what i want to see 1st on pvp reballance is this lower check on 3 bullets on FA/ better procs ,
    and change on that retarded - piercing "nemesis" nano we have ;-]
    Vespersk 220/70/30 Sol
    Runordie 220/50/23 Enf
    Piskotka 220/50/21 Adv
    Vesperagent 170/40/19 Agent
    Arpi 150/30/9 Adv
    Taishasdoc220/70/25 Doc
    Bebop10 170/full/full Sol 300 ofab on
    Hoboblaster 200/full/XX Crat for S7 in progress

90% check on our 400 debuff would also be pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    90% check on our 400 debuff would also be pretty cool
    That's something I tried hard for, for a long time, under the arguments that

"We can't land it on any target we actually need it for, so it's virutally pointless" and

"If all debuffs are due to become easier to land, shorter in duration, and less spammable, why can't our debuff perks, which are already unspammable and short in duration become easier to land?" and also

"We're going to lose 700-800 AAO on AI perks, and that affects soldiers more than anyone else, so we need more AR or easier debuffs to make up for it"

I'll still continue to try that, as well as debating for better AAO on procs, but be prepared to be disappointed. There is serious opposition to soldiers have more AR or AAO, not really from the other professionals but from Funcom. A substitue for more AAO, while not the first choice of many soldiers, will probably end up being extra damage through things like flingshot on ARs, and better FAs.

When discussion about procs comes up between the profs and devs (all of AO is being rebalanced so we can imagine procs will be too) the goal for us soldiers is to close the gap between our gimp procs and those of other profs. If we can't have a 100+ AAO proc, perhaps a +50 one might be possible. A much better HP/HD proc is an obvious target, and since the AAO proc is so low (and may stay that way) I would also like to ask for a target debuff to be attached to it, like a heal efficiency debuff or a moderate AC debuff since AC is going to play a larger part in PvP.

Thoughts on those Procs?

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Nice! 3 bullets sounds ubah.
    That's what we've asked for many times, and have asked for support from the fixer profs on that one. Atm the advie profs find that FA is hopeless and a waste of time since it hardly ever lands. The last time it was discussed, most of the profession representatives were fine with slightly lower checks on the first 3 bullets of a FA, but that's no guarantee. Cross your fingers and Berinda and I will knuckle down when the time comes and do everything we can
    Last edited by Questra; Apr 30th, 2010 at 12:59:27.

I'd like to see a debuff in the same line as the aao proc, hoping the latter receives
    Some adjustment (better, but not by to much) that we can select from.

Target dr debuff of 70 would be nice, 18-20sec duration, chance on land proc.

Current hp/hd procs are just not scaled and at the very least these should be fixed.

I'm sure more ar is frowned upon, but a snall dr debuff proc allows situational benefit and only affects ranged attacks for a small time.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    I've been mulling over the gatling gun concept. It seems that the 1/1 restriction is hardcoded into the engine. I don't know how difficult the coding would be to change, or if the server response times could keep up with a weapon with such a rapid rate of fire. Multiple attack bars would be an option, but the weapon wouldn't fire anywhere near the speed of gatling gun.
    For rapid fire weapons breaking the 1/1 cap, make each bullet hit as a double or triple with a def check per hit. But knowing the AO code a good implementation of that is probably impossible. However a proc that fires of a double or triple is doable.

And what about a gun with seeking missiles for ammo that has a 50% dodge ranged check? A soldier weapon for the evaders, offset it with no specials and a slow rate of fire.

How about a sticky gun with a snare proc? A stun gun with a stun proc? Special use heavy weapons would be very cool indeed.
    General of First Order

The debuff perks, or procs if they make some, should NOT show in your opponents NCU. They don't need a flashing sign saying soldier alpha incoming, use all your defenses.

According to FwM, they hope to have the new patch up on Tuesday. That means on Wednesday I'm going to start pushing ideas and concepts hard and will probably annoy the hell out of the other profs and devs. Don't be shocked if Kintaii hunts me down and strangles me.

For PvP, we need some kind of additional kick for assault rifles. Perhaps easier landing rates for FA and fling will make up for it; we'll see.

As for heavy weapons, I'm of two minds. Slow-heavy hitting cannons seems to be the conventional idea, but Doniger's idea has a lot of merit. What I'd like to see is a suite of soldier heavy weapons for specific purposes that need to be hotswapped to work. The question with a idea like that, however, is would it be powerful abilities for full-on heavy weapon soldiers, or specialty weapons with lower reqs like the mech rocket launcher to augment assault rifle, pistol and possibly shotgun soldiers?
    Last edited by Berinda; May 1st, 2010 at 04:14:07.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

According to FwM, they hope to have the new patch up on Tuesday. That means on Wednesday I'm going to start pushing ideas and concepts hard and will probably annoy the hell out of the other profs and devs. Don't be shocked if Kintaii hunts me down and strangles me.

For PvP, we need some kind of additional kick for assault rifles. Perhaps easier landing rates for FA and fling will make up for it; we'll see.

As for heavy weapons, I'm of two minds. Slow-heavy hitting cannons seems to be the conventional idea, but Doniger's idea has a lot of merit. What I'd like to see is a suite of soldier heavy weapons for specific purposes that need to be hotswapped to work. The question with a idea like that, however, is would it be powerful abilities for full-on heavy weapon soldiers, or specialty weapons with lower reqs like the mech rocket launcher to augment assault rifle, pistol and possibly shotgun soldiers?

you know what i hate about FA, its the dam reload, every single time we FA, by the time the special hits, triggers the reload and shoots again you are looking at a roughly 4-5 seconds window, its annoying as hell, it gets me angry wasting so much time in reload when i just missed the dam special, i swear to god when a fixer is at 5-10% health i dont FA, i let my burst and regs kill them because if i do FA, chances are it will miss and then by the time i reload...the fixers gone or healed, imho the reload mechanics has to be changed, i understand why its there and it does make sense ofc, its just a drawback on so many people like dofed up fixers and crats, making it not reload if we miss, or only use the amount of bullets you land with your FA skill would be a good start, even though it makes no sense, but its a GAME, only using the amount of bullets your FA skill allows is good AND bad, you wont reload after the first FA but by the time you can FA again you wont have enough in your clip to do a full FA again, so i dont know

look at the AS pistol, 100 bullets?? really?? i think i reload once every 10 min on advy (where i actually need to) i usually just reload between fights, it makes fights more paced and less annoying, AS takes 1 bullet and they get 100 bullets clips, you probably never thought about that but reloading is a DPS waster, esp for a special that misses half the time or hit with 1-2 bullets on evaders, just my thoughts
    Last edited by heartless888; May 1st, 2010 at 07:42:26.

A word about tracer, laser paint target and triangulate target. At TL5 a typical soldier has around 2k AR (for simplicities sake). When a trader hits him with nanite divest, he is reduced to 80% when nanite plunder lands, he is down to 60%. Its great that the def checks of the dodge debuffers are reduced to 90% but I really feel you guys should push for atleast 80% instead (preferably 75%), and give us a chance to still be able to land and subsequently hit the trader even after the first divest.

An equally equipped trader today resists the 100% def check easily even before the soldier is drained. That is why I really like that tracer use FA as attack skill and a 75% def check, since the trader cant drain my FA. Im sometimes able to land it and still be able to put up a fight and hit him.

PS: this was a fight where the trader did not use BR, he still won of course, since traders dont need BR to win against soldiers. But the point was that I could still hit him, I wasnt reduced to uselessness, and therefore saw it as a fair fight.
    General of First Order

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    you probably never thought about that but reloading is a DPS waster
    I actually think about that every time my gun is taking too damn long to reload. I've just accepted it as a how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

I actually think about that every time my gun is taking too damn long to reload. I've just accepted it as a how it is.
    ive noticed its getting worse over the past couple months,

esp if you have ubt and malpractice or crat drains it almost never

auto reloads...

I just automatically press reload after an fa, unless I'm swapping to aimed shot ofc. One of the first habits I got playing a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatech View Post
    I just automatically press reload after an fa, unless I'm swapping to aimed shot ofc. One of the first habits I got playing a soldier.
    we all do, it dosnt make the reload any faster than its possible, you are still waiting around 4 seconds before you shoot a reg again, ofc when you are chasing someone it isnt so bad but toe to toe we lose sooo much DD for a special that sucks, with that reload and crap if anything FA should be better than AS XD

So to wrap it up we:

Lose:
    50 pts of dmg (from power up) (a lil less than what an rbp adds)
    Hotswap alpha
    700 ish AAO on AI perks (no more perking ranged advies I guess)
    The benefit from reflect bracers.
    Power up perks
    The ability to NOT ams to give traders reflects.
    Did they say they are nerfing one of the dodge debuffs?

Gain:
    2532 hp drain (806 ubah pts in pvp with rrfe)
    The ability to ams without making the situation worse.
    100 reflect dmg
    90% check on 3 FA bullets, maybe, possibly.
    Two new DD perks.

What else did I forget?

Anyone else feel that soldiers are getting bumped from average to the low end of the pvp spectrum?

Also, what do tl5 and under soldiers get? No AS hotswap means they get to kill exactly nothing 1 vs 1.
    Last edited by Noobius76; May 2nd, 2010 at 07:36:28.

Time to roll MPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatech View Post
    Unfortuantely, pressing reload always reloads the left hand, unless the left gun is already full. So this means you need to keep the FA gun in your left hand, which can force you to have a worse gun in the right hand, and use a worse burst rather than the burst from Envy.

Some reload reform would be nice - like separate buttons for reload (left first) and reload (right first)
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

well the reload bug would be tollerable if proc's or reloading didnt mess up swaping.

(I know, will be irrelvent soon)

nothing like preping a alpha, see a proc land and you have to jump to restart the swap

or when you start to launch perks, FA / burst (proc lands) so start the swap all over

again, salvage whats left of the perks and think of a new plan of action, start to

implement it quickly as the time is ticking on energize, only to see

No ammo was found for Anger of the Xan!
    No ammo was found for Anger of the Xan!

so hit V, swap starts over and now have to wait for perks to come back up..

just very effin annoying..

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast