Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617

Thread: Report back from your represenatives

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    Hard to say, AMS is definitely changing in one way or another and we're getting bumps elsewhere. What we must do is to remain the heavy offense / defense class we are today.

I'm looking to bring us in a direction that will not let our toolset rot for years. OFAB back and FA are cool at day 1 but day 3650 everyone else got a bump in damage and debuff while we still do 15k FA.

Still no update on the documents but I'm pretty sure we're not done yet.

Edit : And it's not about throwing bones thinking about the big picture is important.
    Then I'm not sure I'm following you.

Our only defense is reflects. Nerfing that is not something I take for granted, and nor should you

There's no other defense that soldiers have, despite the interesting proposals people made here over the years.

And our offense atm, sucks. FA isn't really a master at landing even with 30 bullets to anyone.

So what will you do?

Let me be a bit more specific.

I play full offense.

My agg bar is at full Off.

My feet implant gives me 15 off, instead of those 65ish AAD.

Why? Cause 65 AAD never prevented anyone from landing a single shot on me. And my only defense is to make sure I can kill that guy before he/she can kill me.

The only real defense I have is reflects, and I can play with those:

I can get to 100% proj reflects, 96% melee, with drawbacks.

I'll look like god to some, and nothing to others.

The discussion is always reflects, nothing else.

It's not evades, it's not NR. It's not landing specials. Just reflects.

Don't nerf those.

I agree on your points but the intention to cap our reflects and reduce duration as already mentioned in the latest document. There is a strong intention to prevent us from making reflect setups in the future.

Ideally we keep AMS the way it is. In the case we don't, a sensible backup will ensure we keep the defensive power we have today.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

That's what needs to change.

all you said.

Perhaps it will work better if I bullet point this ?

• Keep AMS as the strong defense we have today.
    • Whenever the first objective can't be achieved, make sure the toolset is enriched so we don't lose defenses.
    • Drop further the impact reflects debuffs, as they just bring frustration.

I know that it's the only defence we have, and so there is a thin line between invincible and glass cannon. But there is an intent to make us more even across all profs.

I'm not happier then you about the nano document, there is many issues to be addressed. But I expect AMS to stay at 85% reflect for 1 minute 20, I will miss a lot of opportunities to give feedback. I want at least bring strong reasons as to why AMS should keep duration and power and let us negotiate our post balance defense with arguments.

I can't just complain, I need the devs to hear what they need to in order to make our prof more fun to play.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

I agree with this. Ams has been shafted and situation where we lose remain the same because, while said defense can be nerfed, it'll need to last a lot less. Ie: less nano energy needed, less duration, etc...

That's more complex then pure duration however. But all defenses need a decent review.
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

if they gonna nerf a soldier ams, they might aswell nerf the adv that has Limber+dof+Morps+Heals+Coon+br+good ar+good alpha.

i would say they are better tanks than a soldier for 80 sec

i could agree on a ams nerf to 40 sec if we could be able to recast it agein 25 sec later + we keep the normal reflects when its off to we can cast new.

but the thing is that if they bring on the 40 sec and do it the way they planed we can forget the duel system.

Any profession with limber/dof will always pwn us, becose those profession that has those perklines also has good dmg.

enf will pwn us if they know they only need to tank for 40 sec and not loonger thx to the hd block perkline they would force us to use heal perks in the 40 sec ams thx to 80% reflect. and their hd blocker.

keep will finaly win a profession, wich is us soldiers.
    Bow mp can easy tank us for 40 sec if thats all.

we can manage to alpha a doc/agent only more or less. but then agein special attack nerf..
    sure new dd perks.. but wont make upp for the specials becose...! specials could be timed witht he little stun we get on energize perkline.
    those new 2s dd perks wont rly reach to trigger in the stun.
    and a soldier alpha with burst+fa+energize perks vs a profession with 13% reflect does about 20k dmg.. ( Note: Without AS ) can do more than than 20k dmg, but if your alpha is 10 sec loong the doc will easy heal even with a heal debuff if we get.

i couldnt care if the first bullet or w/e can land a little better, the alpha isnt any better on a non evader. and low hp/evades profession has enough to last 40 sec anyways even with a little better fa.

much rubbish whine from me, but this bothers me

had to repost becose i had a ugly word on the identical post. if the last comment you had was for me bolt
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Jan 28th, 2012 at 00:43:44.

Heh it was, it took me a second to figure how the hell posts switched places.

I had favorable opinions when the doc was out but after a comparison with the other docs I believe that for round 2 (3?) we will need to review all of this again.
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Short hot? thanks but no thank.
    Total Combat Survival?The best thing u did with this buff is that u made it require MM instead of BM rather than that u screwed it alot,at least keep the HD gain instead of str/stam.Leave hp buffs for enf's.
    Team health buff?It's called Soldier not Doctor.
    Reflect emergency buff?This is gonna suck big time.
    Leave reflect aura as it is.
    Offensive Steamroller?70 range init isn't better than 133 nano init and 30 FS.
    Full Automatic Targeting 74AAO the best thing so far.
    Removed the -40evades from Total Focus another good thing, but then again i don't know if tl5+ sold's have so many evades to make it a Big difference.
    Pistol mastery +70skill, good but not enough.There could be a better improvement here.
    Assault Rifle Control?Why remove the burst ?
    Assault Rifle Knowledge?10AR for 5dmg and 10burst an improvement?
    An improvement on RE buff line, i agree with that.
    Shotgun buff not bad.
    Improved Soldier Clip Junkie why remove the evades on it ?
    Gazump Fight 1500MM this a good thing because seriously 1650MM was a bit high.

A good thing will be a Pistol perk line, rather than that you kinda it all up.
    Last edited by Belaroth; Mar 4th, 2012 at 18:27:14. Reason: Removed Profanity

Question i have for AO as a whole, is why should you need an alpha to kill people?

Whatever happened to wearing people down and using some mildly effective burst dmg to to hurt the opponent.

I take it the big damage is a side effect of big healing and immortality from certain profs.

Every other game does it without alpha killing yet AO cannot, this to me is its biggest problem.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Esqi View Post
    Question i have for AO as a whole, is why should you need an alpha to kill people?

Whatever happened to wearing people down and using some mildly effective burst dmg to to hurt the opponent.

I take it the big damage is a side effect of big healing and immortality from certain profs.

Every other game does it without alpha killing yet AO cannot, this to me is its biggest problem.
    I blame nano delta but also kiting, or rather the fact we're not really good at kiting. I hope it will be different afterwards. At least it's a good occasion to throw out the window what really prevent pvp from being any fun.

@bigula7 Ok for the main points, however we get enf buffs (the HP) as the 'distribute buffs' tactic. And some stats are being 'moved' from one buff to another to do some cleaning (the burst and dmg adds you see have been added where they belong more).
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

So I realize the prof balance is on hold but shouldn't we be like making a list of what we want? I mean lets talk about things other then reflects for a moment, I realize that they want to adjust them but what can FC do to help us when AMS goes down? Short Hot in downtime etc? OMHH actually working? I want my broken prof working.

Can somebody link me to the docs that were released? I want to look over them again.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

We sent our wish list to Santa yrs ago. We included the tonka trucks, Red Rider BBgun and baseball glove. We were informed that we were getting Barbies dream house, instead. Oh, and the "My little pony" collectors set. I wouldnt hold ur breathe.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617