Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rebalancing - Keeper's future - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    good point. I'm not opposed to having discussion. I just don't like my ideas being shot down, when no one is putting theirs forth. This is that old adage: "those who can, do... those who can't, criticize."

Therefore, those of you who criticize, try putting forth your ideas, not so we can criticize you, but so we can have options. A discussion is a collection of ideas to sort through, not just one which is hammered at until we become numb.
    There's also another adage about empty vessels.

Stop suggesting that Slice and Dice be nerfed more than it already is.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    There's also another adage about empty vessels.

Stop suggesting that Slice and Dice be nerfed more than it already is.
    stop telling me what to do! You can't control me, you arrogant twit.

Why don't you make a suggestion instead of trying to control what others are doing?

I've already given you welcome arms for avenues of communication, but you are stuck in an "he's trying to nerf me bubble"

Get over it! If you don't like the idea, suggest something. Here, I'll hold your hand, this is how it's done:

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    I can see where nuckles coming from, and I agree we need to land our perks. I'm just not sure if having an increasing perk check is the way to go. It seems ok for cleave and transfix, and PL is meh, but, I definitly don't like the 105% check on SnD. SnD needs to hit hard, and often as well.

Imo, having a second factor that might influence the check, or provide us with a bonus might be a better option. For example, instead of having increasing checks on higher perks, we could have a "landed perk AR bonus" So, instead of having a higher check, we actually have a very short duration temp AR bonus. Sort of like the "mega uber combo" moves in streetfighter type games, where you end the combo after several hits and rip the guy's head off. I want that.

Here's how I could see it working: cleave has a lower check, because as nuckles says, it DOES need to land. But, cleave also supplies us with an fleeting AR bonus applicable only for a couple seconds, say: 10 AR per perk in the line, for 5 seconds. So, on cleave landing, 100 aR is awarded (if the whole line is perked), then the same thing happens on transfix, except transfix has a 100% check. but, 20 AR per perk in the line is awarded when transfix lands. Also, transfix, by definition, is a stun (to transfix is to be intently focussed on something, which, could be interpretted as a stun,) so, not only is 200 AR awarded by the landed hit, but the target is also stunned for 2s. The AR bonus only lasts 4 seconds, so, now, if you were fast with cleave and transfix, you still got about 4 second remaining to get off PL and SnD.

This way, you get an immediate bonus for landing cleave, and it lands easier, but, it's followed with an instant and short live "combo bonus" which would provide 300 AR at TL7 for only a few seconds before disipating. This would really help keepers deliver the perks that are necessary to deliver to do any damage. It would also help non-atrox keepers AND enforcers being able to deliver the 2he alpha. Furthermore, I think this is balanced because 300 AR is not enough to land on evade profs who are in dof. Which means that it isn't OP'd.
    Cool good idea! I'd suport this. Wasn't so hard was it?
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Feb 4th, 2010 at 00:58:50.

@ keeper suggestions:

Re: suggestions about procs

IN agreement that almost all of our procs are defensive, but, I have an observation.

I've noticed that our defensive procs are centered around two nano lines: Barrier and evades.

I would like to first point out that we have 2 other excellent nano lines: ward, and imminence. I would like to suggest that the smallest evade proc we get, the yellow one which adds 50/10/10, OR the blue one which is virtuous reaper (+25 add dmg), is changed into an imminence proc. I have never used the add 25 dmg proc. It is so full of fail that I am embarrassed to have it proc on my team and myself.

If we could get an imminence proc it would be really nice. This blue one could add about 60-70 AAD and 25ish AAO. It would be really helpful for those tricky fights vs profs we are weak against,such as soldiers.

I'm not particularly keen on having a ward proc, although I could see that it may serve a purpose if your whole life is bent on making rock piles; but having an imminence proc would extremely useful, considering keepers incredible reliance on AR. The immenence proc would need at the very least an 80 second duration, because it would have the highest chance of firing during hitting during a limber period, but, because you can't depend on it being up if it hasn't fired, you would not be able to make use of it until the next limber period. so: fires 10s into limber+40 sec for DOF+extra 30 seconds of fighting during limber.

I'm a little lost here.

Why are we talking about chaining perk actions in the reaver line when the only perk that chains is transfix after cleave? In other words, why nerf SnD if landing it has always been independent of whether or not the other 3 perks land? Lowering the check on cleave and transfix as they are now is also a somewhat laughable fix as those two hardly do any damage any way and the recharge is somewhat ridiculous.
    Rubennib [220/30 keeper]
    Darooses [220/23 crat]
    Rubedoc [220/25 doc]
    Keritan [220/25 enf]

and a few more.

28 sec is one of the fastest recharging perks in game.

you'll get more damage out of cleave landing 5 times a fight than any of the others if they land 0 times.

Everyone is still hung up on SnD nerfs. why?

And, I'm not suggesting that this will fix keepers. I'm suggesting that this might fix the perkline.

I mean.... seriously, how many times is SnD landing in a fight vs an evader? like 0 or 1. So, if it's 0, that means PL is landing 0 too. Wait! so is transfix... AND cleave! why? because they all got the same damn check.

I see that if you use a lower checking perk vs harder to hit people, you'll get incrementally more damage vs them, and applying pressure at the right time of a fight would produce a win.

I never said it's goign to help us beat docs, or enfs, or solds. But, common.... are you REALLY goign to miss a doc with a 105% check? or a sold? or an enf? no! so, this was only ever a an attempt to look at the drawbacks of the reaver line, and keepers lack of ability to hit evaders.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that hitting evaders is a very serious problem at TL 5. The ratio between effective AR to Evades at TL5 is far worse than it is at TL7, and ITS BAD at TL7! think about how bad you'd miss if people were popping a 1200 evade and a 300 evade all the time..... Thats the ratio that it's at at TL5. but, If you we fix a couple of the less hard hitting perks we fix the ability to hit evaders, not with OMG you just hit me with a perk that capped, but with small damage ones, ones that won't OP us.

The point is balancing for the game, not "lets make our prof OP'd"
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Feb 4th, 2010 at 12:23:55.

from endgame perspective:

you'll get more damage out of cleave landing 5 times a fight than any of the others if they land 0 times.
    Actually at tl7 landing cleave 5 times in a fight does just as much damage as landing any of the others 0 times. I'll let you figure that one out on your own though.

maybe because that's the most damage dealing perk we have? and its already being nerfed (unless you have some insight into why the proposed perk change isn't a nerf). and in pvp big spike damage tends to matter more than tiny damage over time. SnD=spike damage. What you're proposing=tiny dot.

I mean.... seriously, how many times is SnD landing in a fight vs an evader? like 0 or 1.
    I'd rather be able to land SnD once than land cleave 5 times, or transfix 3-4 times. Same logic as above.

I see that if you use a lower checking perk vs harder to hit people, you'll get incrementally more damage vs them, and applying pressure at the right time of a fight would produce a win.
    A lower checking perk that does negligible damage with a long (yes 28s is a long time, given how little damage the perk does--regular hits are at least twice as much damage) recharge vs harder to hit people does not equate to applying pressure.

I never said it's goign to help us beat docs, or enfs, or solds. But, common.... are you REALLY goign to miss a doc with a 105% check? or a sold? or an enf? no! so, this was only ever a an attempt to look at the drawbacks of the reaver line, and keepers lack of ability to hit evaders.
    you're the one who brought up those profs.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that hitting evaders is a very serious problem at TL 5.
    Good, the devs should spend the majority of their time trying to fix unbalanced tl5 pvp because that's where all the keepers in game are at. And all the players. /sarcasm
    As much as I hate to agree with a spartan/clammer, I'm going to have to concur with Hacre's point a few pages earlier regarding balancing vs balancing your specific tl level (too lazy to go find that post, its buried in there somewhere)

fix a couple of the less hard hitting perks we fix the ability to hit evaders, not with OMG you just hit me with a perk that capped, but with small damage ones, ones that won't OP us.
    there's a difference between small damage and negligible damage. At endgame the first two perks in the reaver sequence fall in the latter category. Whether or not they land is largely irrelevant. Personally, I use them the same way wrath gets used--to check opponents' evades.

The point is balancing the game, not nerfing our prof even more. Well, theoretically.
    Rubennib [220/30 keeper]
    Darooses [220/23 crat]
    Rubedoc [220/25 doc]
    Keritan [220/25 enf]

and a few more.

And, I'm not suggesting that this will fix keepers. I'm suggesting that this might fix the perkline.

I mean.... seriously, how many times is SnD landing in a fight vs an evader? like 0 or 1. So, if it's 0, that means PL is landing 0 too. Wait! so is transfix... AND cleave! why? because they all got the same damn check.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that hitting evaders is a very serious problem at TL 5. The ratio between effective AR to Evades at TL5 is far worse than it is at TL7, and ITS BAD at TL7! think about how bad you'd miss if people were popping a 1200 evade and a 300 evade all the time..... Thats the ratio that it's at at TL5. but, If you we fix a couple of the less hard hitting perks we fix the ability to hit evaders, not with OMG you just hit me with a perk that capped, but with small damage ones, ones that won't OP us.

And why are you so obsessed with encreasing one of our crappy perks to 105% perkcheck? I tell you why, you don`t have a TL7 keeper. You have a TL7 MA! Now stop this nonsense! What would you feel if I went to MA forum and started to tell everyone that perks checks at TL7 has to be ecreased to justify lower perk check for lower TL becouse I happen to have a lower TL MA!! One more post from you on SnD perk check and I start the same discussion on MA thread.

Edit: but please continue your discussion, just leave TL7 out of it.
    Last edited by haavarst; Feb 4th, 2010 at 17:30:34.
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

stop telling me what to do! You can't control me, you arrogant twit.
    Then stop trying to nerf a perk you don't even use.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Ah, rub. you're making nonsense, and I can't be assed to argue any of your garbage spam.

Hacre: I'm not trying to nerf a perk I don't use. I'm trying to propose solutions.

the 105% check happened to fall on the LINE OF LINEARITY.

I've offered other suggestions, but you guys have still to get past the 105% bandwagon.

@harvaarst I'm not intent. You can't read, I'm sorry. Like I said, it was merely a suggestion, but not one of you has proposed anything different.

@ all of you: I don't blame any of you for not wanting to propose any solutions, after the gang raping you feebly attempt on me after I offer up ideas; but, if you get your heads out of your asses and actually try thinking for a change, you might come up with something besides:

"Then stop trying to nerf a perk you don't even use. "
    "why are you so obsessed with encreasing one of our crappy perks to 105% perkcheck?"
    "landing cleave 5 times in a fight does just as much damage as landing any of the others 0 times. "
    "Stop suggesting that Slice and Dice be nerfed more than it already is."
    "with your proposals we would be in pretty much the same place we are right now.... "
    "This isn't a math issue so much as it is a logic issue, of which this suggestion is lacking. "

Thanks for the support guys.

Any of you guys got anything even remotely close to decent idea I can't wait to hear it.

**** other stuff*****

As for the general state of things, nogoal has asked us to give some insight to what perks we might want, and how the ME line should be setup.

So, because no one else has ventured forth any ideas to provide any direction... I'll start.

So, without further ado, here is my idea for an ME line.

1. ME line should have 8 perks. this will hopefully free up some perks at one level or another so keepers can enjoy some other perklines, such as SD.

2. ME would be a pvp line and support SA, utilizing a part of our toolset that is, for the most part, non exsistant, despite having obvious support for it.

3. I'm goign to work with the assumption that we may get a shield to supplement our awesome new perk line, so it should include some MM.

Perk 1: level 30 10 ME skill, 7 SA, 4 multi melee
    Perk 2: level 70 10 ME skill, 8 SA, 4 mm
    Perk 3: level 100 15 ME skill, 11 SA, 6 mm
    Perk 4: level 130 20 ME skill, 15 SA, 7mm
    Perk 5: level 160 25 ME skill, 18 SA, 9 mm
    Perk 6: level 190 30 ME skill, 24 SA, 12mm
    Perk 7: level 208 35 ME skill, 26 SA, 13mm
    Perk 8: level 213 55 ME skill, 41 SA, 20mm

Perk actions:
    Perk 2: Jolt: Large add damage self buff for 20 seconds, and small direct damage on target
    - adds 2x level (440 add energy dmg@220) for 20 seconds and level x1 of melee init for 20 seconds (220 melee init @ 220)
    recharge 25 seconds on hit, 15 seconds on miss
    Perk 4: Lightning rod: direct damage and 30% chance to stun for 3 seconds.

Perk 6: Channel electricity: direct damage, and if jolt is running, add energy dot, 4 hits, 8 seconds

Perk 8: Plasma Burn: large direct damage perk, check if channel electricity is running, and on success, lower energy AC's on target by 20 x level (-4400 energy AC's at 220)

/flameshield
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Feb 5th, 2010 at 07:15:36.

Pretty much all of us have come up with suggestions. but there's not much of a point at this moment to keep suggesting for the sake of suggesting, I mean once the bigger picture is opened up a bit more it will leave room for making suggestions knowing the effect they will have on the game post balance.

But,
    I do think the principal was good but the details were not really in our favor as much as we deserve. and certainly alone would not be a fix, it would really take a combination of modifications to fix keepers.
    anyway keep em coming, sorry if anyone including myself came off as discouraging but I assure you I was trying to be 100% constructive.

Ah, rub. you're making nonsense, and I can't be assed to argue any of your garbage spam.

Hacre: I'm not trying to nerf a perk I don't use. I'm trying to propose solutions.

the 105% check happened to fall on the LINE OF LINEARITY.

I've offered other suggestions, but you guys have still to get past the 105% bandwagon.

@harvaarst I'm not intent. You can't read, I'm sorry. Like I said, it was merely a suggestion, but not one of you has proposed anything different.

@ all of you: I don't blame any of you for not wanting to propose any solutions, after the gang raping you feebly attempt on me after I offer up ideas; but, if you get your heads out of your asses and actually try thinking for a change, you might come up with something besides:

"Then stop trying to nerf a perk you don't even use. "
    "why are you so obsessed with encreasing one of our crappy perks to 105% perkcheck?"
    "landing cleave 5 times in a fight does just as much damage as landing any of the others 0 times. "
    "Stop suggesting that Slice and Dice be nerfed more than it already is."
    "with your proposals we would be in pretty much the same place we are right now.... "
    "This isn't a math issue so much as it is a logic issue, of which this suggestion is lacking. "

Thanks for the support guys.

Any of you guys got anything even remotely close to decent idea I can't wait to hear it.

**** other stuff*****

As for the general state of things, nogoal has asked us to give some insight to what perks we might want, and how the ME line should be setup.

So, because no one else has ventured forth any ideas to provide any direction... I'll start.

So, without further ado, here is my idea for an ME line.

1. ME line should have 8 perks. this will hopefully free up some perks at one level or another so keepers can enjoy some other perklines, such as SD.

2. ME would be a pvp line and support SA, utilizing a part of our toolset that is, for the most part, non exsistant, despite having obvious support for it.

3. I'm goign to work with the assumption that we may get a shield to supplement our awesome new perk line, so it should include some MM.

Perk 1: level 30 10 ME skill, 7 SA, 4 multi melee
    Perk 2: level 70 10 ME skill, 8 SA, 4 mm
    Perk 3: level 100 15 ME skill, 11 SA, 6 mm
    Perk 4: level 130 20 ME skill, 15 SA, 7mm
    Perk 5: level 160 25 ME skill, 18 SA, 9 mm
    Perk 6: level 190 30 ME skill, 24 SA, 12mm
    Perk 7: level 208 35 ME skill, 26 SA, 13mm
    Perk 8: level 213 55 ME skill, 41 SA, 20mm

Perk actions:
    Perk 2: Jolt: Large add damage self buff for 20 seconds, and small direct damage on target
    - adds 2x level (440 add energy dmg@220) for 20 seconds and level x1 of melee init for 20 seconds (220 melee init @ 220)
    Perk 4: Lightning rod: direct damage and 30% chance to stun for 3 seconds.

Perk 6: Channel electricity: direct damage, and if jolt is running, add energy dot, 4 hits, 8 seconds

Perk 8: Plasma Burn: large direct damage perk, check if channel electricity is running, and on success, lower energy AC's on target by 20 x level (-4400 energy AC's at 220)

/flameshield
    Sorry it came out like that, but I hammer down all that sugest a nerf that won`t affect themself. Sugesting keepers get 75% perkcheck is not something new brilliant idea you just came up with. Its an anoying thing FC gave a few professions to compensate for what they didn`t fix for years and they are now trying to fix with a whole game balance patch. As things is today Reaver is ofcourse not enough to take someone down even if it landed. New reaver as it was from 16. october could work if other professions ability to heal unlimited gets a nerf together with not both AS and FA at the same time. Also other professions get a compensate for loosing AS for pvp. Like fixers got FA - keepers get SA hopefully.

I do try to read what you write, but its walls of text with math made by you proving that you are right. Ofcourse it makes sense to YOU. But please accept that we cant all be like you. I played this game since start, english and math are not my strongest sides and I love my 5 yo keeper. And all we need is more dodge and dmg. Simple as that. You don`t even need a calculator to balance keeper.
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Quote Originally Posted by haavarst View Post
    Sorry it came out like that, but I hammer down all that sugest a nerf that won`t affect themself. Sugesting keepers get 75% perkcheck is not something new brilliant idea you just came up with. Its an anoying thing FC gave a few professions to compensate for what they didn`t fix for years and they are now trying to fix with a whole game balance patch. As things is today Reaver is ofcourse not enough to take someone down even if it landed. New reaver as it was from 16. october could work if other professions ability to heal unlimited gets a nerf together with not both AS and FA at the same time. Also other professions get a compensate for loosing AS for pvp. Like fixers got FA - keepers get SA hopefully.

I do try to read what you write, but its walls of text with math made by you proving that you are right. Ofcourse it makes sense to YOU. But please accept that we cant all be like you. I played this game since start, english and math are not my strongest sides and I love my 5 yo keeper. And all we need is more dodge and dmg. Simple as that. You don`t even need a calculator to balance keeper.
    I hear you. I've bolded the part that makes me frustrated about all this.

I know that keepers alpha didn't kill people. Like, enf, you take at least 2 alpha to kill, but, ofc, he takea long time to kill keeper also. And doctor, well, if you take doctor malp and stupid AS pistol away doc is equal to keeper.

who else cant keeper kill even if reaver lands... probably advy... advy seem to have too many tricks. I agree with that. Hmm, maybe sold?

If you survive to end of AMS, youre going to kill a sold, right? (I don't know... help me here) problem is getting to the end of AMS. Who else.... ?Engi... engi, mmm, I doubt anyone killing engy in PVP if engi knows what he's doing. After that, is trader trader you won't land reaver on if you're double drained. and, if you did land it he would die. so that only leaves agent. Agent got CH, thats getting a nerf. But you should be able to beat agent using nemesis. The rest of the profs, you prob arn't goign to land reaver on anyway: that is:

MA, no, too much evades
    fixer no, too much evades
    crat, probably not too much evades with their like mega evade perks.
    MP, I don't know enough about to make accurate statement
    shade, I don't know, but probably not... unless they are in offense gear?

So, if we take MA, fixer, crat, MP, and shade out of the picture, since they aren't goign to get hit with reaver anyway, we're left with:

enf, doc, sold, agent, engi and trader. Agent should be killed using nemesis nano, trader you got to alpha or you goign to die.

that leaves: enf, doc, sold and engy.

And, in all four of these cases, I 100% agree that reaver will not kill that prof in an alpha. But, you have to remember that these profs are setup that way... they are set up to take the damage and be able to heal out of it, with the exception of engy... engy is just retarded and needs a nerf. on my MA I pop ES and DOF and the pets are still hitting me like crazy. The prof is 100% broken. I don't even want to talk about them.

Sold is rough, I agree. we need more dodge range if we're supposed to be even remotely close to an evade prof, or a semi evade prof.
    Enf is probably a close fight.
    doc is reatrded with AS pistol and needs a hard nerf. So I won't comment about that.

The bottom line is, is there is a very obvious difference in the prof types. there is : tank the damage and heal, and tank the damage with reflects and heal, tank the damage, CH 1 or 2 times and hopefull kill the other guy, and tank with coon, blockers and just main kill and destroy in the case of engy, and, finally, the other profs which are: evades.

evade profs WILL die if reaver lands, there is no question.. it's happened many times to me on my MA, you pop MR and the evader is dead in seconds. but... what about the others? It's hard to say. haveing a lower check and higher check on some of those profs won't make a difference. on enf, engy and sold and doc, your whole alpha will land. gauranteed.

So, instead of a lower check, maybe it needs more damage? but, more damage won't help either, since, you need sustained heavy damage vs sold, and enf. So, more damage woud help there... aganist engy you need to kill with normals and perks. 1 perk alpha won'tbe enough... again, all of reaver will land, but, probably need to survive engy alpha to get second one off...

Dunno, guys, it's tricky. I was thinking that just having a lower check on cleave and transfix might help against advies and even MA's to some extent...., but, it's obviously complicated.

I see it more like a PvE line tbh but as most ME-only weapons suck atm they will need to add some I guess. Most would go with dual Xan at 200+ but Premium Bio-Energy Shield could be nice with some upgrade.

I think you are asking a bit too much here :P
    blah

You don't take criticism very well do you? Or perhaps simply don't accept dissenting opinions. Or perhaps its not an issue at tl5 and so you have poorly founded assumptions and thus are forced to dismiss it as "garbage spam."

For someone who's so obsessed with arithmetic Nuckle, you just don't get it do you?
    28s recharge on a perk that does extremely low damage at tl7 versus 28s of heal delta. If you want, I can provide mathematical proofs for why the math works. Be warned though, it dabbles in number theory, which I doubt you understand, even with wikipedia (wolframs though, seems more promising) holding your hand.

At this point I have to wonder if you're simply suggesting random crap for the sake of post count farming or because you think quantity of suggestions is better than quality of suggestions. Hopefully it's the former.

Anyways, I've posted my thoughts somewhere on page 3 or something, and elsewhere, but here's a rehash. For the omgz-wall-of-text people, go back to 4chan.

1. HUGE (aoe?) taunt/stun perk that always lands for pvm along with a largeish damage that checks against 85% evade-clsc (which may or may not always land)--basically reworking the crusade perk (at work and can't remember off top of head) to make it useable in pvp and pvm.
    2. possible perk action that replicates to some extent what rage does for enfs, grows in power with more perks in the line, adds significant AR/+dmg/+rs/small HoT--a reworking of insight more or less
    3. reworking of SS line so it passively buffs AR, increase the perk action's +dmg, maybe add +SA to perk line (if and only if some crazy dev decides to give us ME weapon with SA) or combine SS line with the +melee energy line
    4. drastically increase the proc on sanctifier/reaper, or increase the %heal in sanctifier so it's viable in pvp (also, a endgame questable version would be nice, seeing as how most of our other nanos got updated)
    5. add resist snare/root to holy mark also add more dodge to HM
    6. add a short HoT/large heal that heals a fixed percentage of your hp as a perk in AoR that gradually grows stronger with more perks in the line by increasing the percentage healed rather than being dependent on body dev, so something like 15% at first and 35% at the end, with a suitable recharge time.
    7. change the LE procs into a line of collapsed nanos that function as auras or perk actions so we actually have some control over them. (But at least the precondition for them to fire off at all isn't whether or not we're being hit like NTs' procs, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much...) Or just get rid of them entirely and add the proc benefits to our existing nanos...

Basically more offense via perk [actions], some increased pvm function and a slightly updated heal or two to reflect max hp changes in the last few years. I think that addresses most of our concerns: AR, some dodge, some static/passive +dmg to be able to out damage heal deltas.

pre-emptive criticisms:
    I doubt number 7 will actually ever happen.
    No6 would be interesting to see under the collapsed perk line scheme, but the actual percentages would need adjusting, I only settled on 35% because that's just slightly above a capping hit.
    No5 I don't see anything wrong... Not like any sane keeper would perk SD as it is now anyway as the trade off sucks, but as its open to keepers, why can't we have some sort of benefit, considering the amount of kiting that goes on in pvp. Would be particularly helpful alongside the reverse knockback.
    #4. seems like changing pvp mechanics is too big a fix. Changing the amount of damage the nanos do might make us "OP" in dd by actually having keepers show up in the top 10 of dd list again without having to sacrifice a lot of defense to do so.
    #3. No one really knows what's going to happen with ME. And SA? Eh.
    #2. Discuss the numbers, will be interesting to see what range would be considered too papa bear size, mama bear size, and baby bear size (goldilocks? wtf...)
    #1. I'm sure something is flawed with this one.
    Rubennib [220/30 keeper]
    Darooses [220/23 crat]
    Rubedoc [220/25 doc]
    Keritan [220/25 enf]

and a few more.

Can we move on from that suggestion? :P
    blah

wow that post took a whopping 5hrs to upload; connection at work has been sh*t this week *sigh*
    Rubennib [220/30 keeper]
    Darooses [220/23 crat]
    Rubedoc [220/25 doc]
    Keritan [220/25 enf]

and a few more.

If we could get more nanos in the fear resist line, what would you like to get? As it's AoE and not team, maybe we could suggest debuffs too?
    blah

thats kind of a tricky question nogoal, since, the nano, as it is, is the best you can get, and it's teh first one (last one?) in the line.. as it already gives 100% fear resist.

However, maybe this one could get toned down? maybe, like the first in the line gives 20% fear resist, and, the last one in the line gives 100%.

Then, we could interpolate throughout the levels, and add some nice modifiers to them as well.

Just off the top of my head, I associate being fearless with bravery. And bravery in my mind is associated with boldness. Boldness is associated with risk.

So, if the risk line offered not only fear resist, but a "risk" I could see that.

For example, being risky should, in battle, open yourself to more attackes, while, ostensibly allowing you to gain an advantage occasionally. However, as mastery of the sword starts to be refined, the chance of being open decreases, until there is no risk involved, only benefit to being bold.

So, for me, I could see the fear resist line encompassing such modifiers as:

+AAO
    +crit
    -AAD to +AAD later on
    + fear resist

Like: the lowest level fear resist could be like:

+10 AAO
    20% fear resist
    -5 AAD

The second one in the line, available at level 70 or so, could be:
    + 15 AAO
    +40% fear resist
    -5 AAD
    +1 crit

The third in the line, available at 120 or so, could be
    +20 AAO
    +60% fear resist
    +2% crit

The fourth available at 170 could be
    +30 AAO
    +80% fear resist
    +10 AAD
    +4% crit

The last and final, available at 210
    +45 AAO
    +100% fear resist
    +25 AAD
    +6% crit

I don't think these are particularly overpowered or underpowered, for a new line which would benefit both PVPErs and PVMers'.. the crit certainly helps get our DD up a bit.

mmh no I'm asking about other possible resistances/effects, just like all our other auras work. Imminence/Ward/Barrier, Ambient/Tone && Vengeance/Enervate. So instead of fear we could get one with 100% stun resistance. That way 2 keepers could run different auras and stack them.
    blah

stun resist would be pretty uber.

Blind resist might be pretty awesome. Full blind protection, since I don't think any other prof has that.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast