Thread: Rebalancing - Keeper's future - Discussion

I knew someone would come up with the horse :P
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    I knew someone would come up with the horse :P
    lol yea i got more brilliant ideas people are sure to hate... like this one

a new perk

Holy aspect, or some name like that

a perk that turns us almost invisible (not invincible), like very transparent and gives a massive run speed buff, 100% of our normal run speed added on.
    maybe has a 30 second duration, BUT...
    by attacking someone it will break you out of holy aspect.

It also has the effect of a huge AR boost while in holy aspect and any attack that breaks us out of it will hit triple the damage. not over powered because u only get one attack and pray that it lands.

also

on entrance and exit of holy aspect it sends a huge AOE dot to everyone around or sets them on fire (dot)...
    3 minute cooldown or something.

would be a great entrance to battle. or a great way to escape. and a very unique thing to set keepers apart.

Oh and back to the crit thing,
    moar crit plz!!! crit buffs , crit in ofab, chance not halved.

5 minute dimach. ok thanks

PS... wtb ultra powerful notum infused battle horse pet nano. pst
    Last edited by Dragonslayah; Jan 14th, 2010 at 23:04:57.

more for the sake of participating than anything else

How about a dragon instead of a horse? (j/k, mostly ambivalent...although I really don't want to set up another pet hotbar)

A perk stun with a very large taunt that actually that checks against 85% evade cls so it actually lands in pvp, nestled somewhere in the Crusade line

Insight perk action giving more AR/inits and RS?

A keeper rage/berserk nano line that imitates the MA (or enf?) short dmg buffs?

"reverse knockback" only seems useful if target stays tractored to some extent long enough for us to hit a few times...

Spiffy looking nano effects like the purple rain from LE reflect proc?

an updated sanctifier nano for endgame, or don't halve the damage of that nano line in pvp
    Rubennib [220/30 keeper]
    Darooses [220/23 crat]
    Rubedoc [220/25 doc]
    Keritan [220/25 enf]

and a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rub View Post
    A perk stun with a very large taunt that actually that checks against 85% evade cls so it actually lands in pvp, nestled somewhere in the Crusade line
    The taunt needs to land regardless of whether the stun lands, otherwise it will be utterly useless in places where it would otherwise be useful, ie end game encounters.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Hmm. Perks. AoR. It's useless. Why not combine AoR with Blessing, would help out a lot. FC recently tried to fix it by making it tick faster+heal more. Still useless. And if you think that's too OP, then how about condense some perk lines so Keepers have some wiggle room. All of Keeper only perk lines all need 10 points. Making some down to 5 or even 7 would give Keepers a bit of wiggle room.

Energy Weapons+Shield...sounds exciting. I hope this doesn't destroy 2he keepers and take over research and perks. But do Keepers need more AAD? Imo Keepers need more AAO. And will FC make more Energy weapons or are we going to have to bear with Dawn of Xan?

Also i think someone should look into the original idea of Keepers. 1he+ranged. Or maybe even 2he+ranged. When rooted or the opponent runs away put the god damn sword away and take out the guns!!!11

Nanos are redic to cast. The req's are way too high imo, were not a casting prof. I know Atrox keepers that have all there end game items, (Alphas, Armor, LE 70, AI 30) and they still have to hot swap to cast their nanos. Even lowering the skill to cast it from 50-100 would help out drastically. I think it's sad Keepers have to perk Conc + 10 and hotswap to cast the end game nanos while other profs don't. Theres so many better ways those 10 AI perks can be used. Yes i know they last for 4 hours but when your in the middle of combat and your buffs run out, your kinda screwed. All of them take a lot of nano and take a long time to cast as well. You know Keeper nano casting is broken when you go into a shop to use the Surgery Clinic and there's another Keeper standing next to you.

Also fix Nano/Healing aura. Combine them. Also chopping up the auras a bit to make them more affective. Putting Ward/Barrier and Imminence in different lines. This way keepers can have an Imminence running and either a Ward or a Barrier running at once. Also picking between damage or being rooted seems fairly..odd to me. WTB a fix for this. Either make them separate lines, combine them, move it into a different line. Have no idea for that. And this way, chopping them up would help other people. You can protect them with ward, give them nano+health at once, and up their AAO/AAD.

IMO the Wrath procs should be the same over all. Just because your Omni you can heal yourself? No wayzzz. This line needs to keep continuing and go on further, and scale better.

I hope this helps a bit.

-Silentwinter

Do you think keepers should get in fight nanos or stay the only prof immune to GTH and nanoskills debuffs?
    blah

I would love some inn combat nanos, but what would fit our profession?

I ruble down something that comes to mind, probably not the best things and for for sure not unique.
    -Target or aerea snare - 3 minute duration - short range - to go hand inn hand with reverse knockback.
    -Team short hot?
    -Aerea dot, similar to that green **** one of the Albtraum PB use sister perscislles or was it merscilles?
    -Minor borrow reflect, 10-15%?
    Crit buff - with lockout nano - ma typeofthing
    -Major add dmg - with lockout - ma typeofthing

And something what you guys discuss today with different nanos different effect on swords, one that debuffs heal%, one for debuff reflect.. I think debuff evades are maby a bit OP.. but why not try it. But no nanoskill/weapon skill debuffs.
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

I really don't like the idea of Keeper being a caster. Our IP distribution doesn't support it. Look at the IP cost of nano pool, nano init etc. We certainly can't pull the nano AR for offensive nanos.

Remember a lot of us have a Keeper originally because of the entire ethos of the profession. Passive nanos, strong in combat, good defenses.

I don't want to see the entire profession be turned into something completely different just because we're lacking offence at the moment and are starved of perk points.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Do you think keepers should get in fight nanos or stay the only prof immune to GTH and nanoskills debuffs?
    neither matter at all.

give me more dodge and more damage, thats all i want/need.
    Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Kepitimer View Post
    neither matter at all.

give me more dodge and more damage, thats all i want/need.
    QFT. The huge disparity between our Evade Close + Dodge is terrible and upping it a decent amount will mean more chance for survival. More damage including an increase in regular damage will mean being able to beat down someones heal delta again.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

My list so far:

• More attack perks.
    • Slightly lower check on HM line.
    • Crit and brawl buffs.
    • Crit not halved.
    • Improved AOR + AAD/AAO perkline (with some nice perk actions)
    • Dodge def.
    • combined and improved auras.
    • Auras that harm enemys and or debuff.
    • Lower nanoskill requirements on end game keeper nanos.
    • Lower nano cost as well.
    • Horse or dragon pet.
    Last edited by Dragonslayah; Jan 20th, 2010 at 11:13:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    I really don't like the idea of Keeper being a caster. Our IP distribution doesn't support it. Look at the IP cost of nano pool, nano init etc. We certainly can't pull the nano AR for offensive nanos.

Remember a lot of us have a Keeper originally because of the entire ethos of the profession. Passive nanos, strong in combat, good defenses.

I don't want to see the entire profession be turned into something completely different just because we're lacking offence at the moment and are starved of perk points.
    Its called passive combat aerea auras and self/team short lasting buffs with huge effect worth casting, like MA buffs. And ofcourse no logic reason these have to require 2k+ inn nano skills to use
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Hannibal 22 Enf

How will we have time to cast Nanos if were too busy running away because perks don't land? d:

Quote Originally Posted by fireduckjzz View Post
    How will we have time to cast Nanos if were too busy running away because perks don't land? d:
    From the looks of things, someone are trying their best to keep us down. Roll something else.

Kintaii: Incoming things like Parry, Riposte and Reverse Knockback will ultimately place Keepers in a much more defensively powerful position than their current capabilities, though, and ensuring that Keepers have a defensive playstyle is our overall goal.

And no, we dont want a defensive playstyle. Who told him that? From hes own head? We need ability to kill, not another reason to nerf coon!
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Hannibal 22 Enf

..Or time to make two new account, one with a crat the other with a trader on /follow!

Good idea, who wants to pay for mine?

Quote Originally Posted by haavarst View Post
    And no, we dont want a defensive playstyle. Who told him that? From hes own head? We need ability to kill, not another reason to nerf coon!
    It's the core of the keeper profession. It's entirely based on defense and outlasting. Check our buffs, auras and perk lines..

But we also have an option to go with more offense, street samurai. And I'm sure you read his other answer about re-balancing our offense to be on pair with other professions.

It's not because our offense lack atm that we should move away from our core playstyle. There are other professions based on offense if you want to play one.
    blah

It's the core of the keeper profession. It's entirely based on defense and outlasting. Check our buffs, auras and perk lines..

But we also have an option to go with more offense, street samurai. And I'm sure you read his other answer about re-balancing our offense to be on pair with other professions.

It's not because our offense lack atm that we should move away from our core playstyle. There are other professions based on offense if you want to play one.
    Errr keeper buffs/perks support both AR and melee defence? only reaon we choose "defensive" perks is if we didn`t keepers would be a sack of meat! Defensive/outlasting? if keepers are defensive profession it`s the worst def profession inn game. Combined with the worst offensive inn game we get a crappy copy of a fleeing melee adv hiding at the corners looking for targets someone else are killing.

Where are you Righteous? dammit, all active playing keepers voted for YOU.
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Def perks: AoR, Blessing, HM, BioS, SD. 5
    Off perks: Reaver, SS. 2

Def buffs: Ambient/Tone line, Courage aura, Ward/Imminence/Barrier line, Enervate, evades, parry. 9
    Off buffs: 2he, Fast Attack, Imminence, riposte, procs, vengeance. 7

Def procs: 12
    Off procs: 0

26 > 9

If you really think keepers have the worse def you should play other professions a bit more .. or take a small break from AO.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by haavarst View Post
    Errr keeper buffs/perks support both AR and melee defence? only reaon we choose "defensive" perks is if we didn`t keepers would be a sack of meat! Defensive/outlasting? if keepers are defensive profession it`s the worst def profession inn game. Combined with the worst offensive inn game we get a crappy copy of a fleeing melee adv hiding at the corners looking for targets someone else are killing.

Where are you Righteous? dammit, all active playing keepers voted for YOU.
    Keepers have nearly (if not more so) as high AR as soldiers (highest in game atm).
    Keepers are the ONLY other prof than advies that have evades+coon (yes, our evades our different). But, keep that in mind, we don't want another 2005 going on where every prof in AO is: ZOMG NERF KIPUR!

Def perks: AoR, Blessing, HM, BioS, SD. 5
    Off perks: Reaver, SS. 2

Def buffs: Ambient/Tone line, Courage aura, Ward/Imminence/Barrier line, Enervate, evades, parry. 9
    Off buffs: 2he, Fast Attack, Imminence, riposte, procs, vengeance. 7

Def procs: 12
    Off procs: 0

26 > 9

If you really think keepers have the worse def you should play other professions a bit more .. or take a small break from AO.
    there is at least one offensive proc, I think it's a blue one, and adds a monster 25 add dmg.

But, if keepers are the uber defensive profession, it will suits me fine. There are many reasons to play keeper. If you operate a keeper, and can't figure out how to play defensively effectively, play MA or shade.

To all keepers: pay close attention to what keepers have available: evades. heals. reflects. moderate offense. Excellent defense. We do not need to run up and kill. We need to run up and maim! and if they are hurt, KEEL KEEL KEEL!, we are a defensive prof. Our core strength lies in empowering those around us, and being the sole man standing when those aorund us have finally given up.

When I am pvping, it is rare, ever so rare, that I can not take out at least 4-5 gimps, even while 2 reasonably twinks toons are beating away on me. I can call forever, if I have even one toon supporting me on called targets, there are very few profs I cannot take down.

A well placed FA or AS and I can kill nearly any toon I'm up against, save super HP docs, or a high HP sold in TMS with a doc in team. Keepers are not meant to be able to destroy and destroy, we are meant to be steadfast and unshakeable.

In BS, I can last and last, and hold a point longer than anyone. In towers, I can survive longer than anyone else. I will always be the last to fall. If you are the last to fall, there is no one better to be calling the shots. And that is where the keeper succeeds.

Oh yeah forgot damage procs so that's 3 more off and 3 less def. Not like it matters anyway. Hell even the name of the profession is about defense..
    blah

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast