Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Major NT Changes in the Rebalancing Act

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Ugh, NO MORE PROCS.
    LE Procs are lightly going to go poof as well... what they'll be replaced with has not been revealed, but the random-element they add is a thorn in the eye of the devs and they want something else. New procs as a mainfeature of something is unlikely. On the Cyberdeck they wouldn't be a mainfeature, of course, and it could be sort of interesting to have it do stuff, but it's dangerous to have it act in a random matter, see next post.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Jan 11th, 2010 at 02:57:25.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by DecemberSky View Post
    Yea, pretty sure we are reworking the whole cyberdeck idea in general. I wouldnt mind seeing some damage on it. I think I heard rumors of it maybe doing proc stuff? Confirm masta?
    Well, there were the "create-auto-nuke feature" and the "deck deals dmg like a weapon but with no specials" version, and lastly a proc-based version similar to the Dreadloch Combat Remodulator. I personally do not like procs, though, their random nature makes them often be either too good or too gimp.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

if it wasnt something like a low chance, high effect proc... it might be okay.

something like 25% chance of a 1 second stun or something. I mean, you might get lucky and get a nice chain stun effect, but yea it'd take a lot of testing to make sure it wasnt overpowered.

I am actually opposed to the idea of our cyberdeck to damage like a weapon. Its a boring concept, but if its what the majority wants, then its what we'll have and Ill use it.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

Ive got to say, this new system of local cooldowns sounds amazing, and coupled with the nanoweaving of different nanos....the possibilities are endless.

About the nanoweaving...while it may be easier and quicker to adapt to a system with a smaller number of possible combinations and effects, thats not really in the spirit of AO. The name of the game in AO is custamizability. AO is the ONLY mmorpg that has this type of skill system, where any prof can increase any skills to get any sort of result. Following this sort of idea, the nanoweaving should have many many different possibilities of effects and ways to achieve them that each individual NT should be able to pick and choose from.

I also very much like the idea of being able to alpha people with several instacasted chain nukes, but ofc the details are necessary to see how that will interact with rooting etc...

I will say that having extensively played a 170 SL only pvping NT....triples and doubles are not in any way necessary to be very good. The only thing that triples and doubles do is foster the creation of noob nts who like to sit and press 1 or 2 buttons the entire time. To anyone with a bit of patience and skill, 99% of profs out there can be beaten with just -nr nukes, roots, and TotP. They might get really pissed off at you sitting 40m away and raping them...but w/e

With the new nukes, FC really needs to give SL nukes new visual effects. They all look like big swirlies. How about something interesting like making TotP take the form of one of those swirling columns of flame you can see in the windows of RK mission rooms.

Lastly...I dont see what the argument is about offensive/defensive NTs. NTs are offensive, end of story. You cant get enough evades on an NT to effectively tank an enfo or soldier like a fixer can. Sure, you can choose to use triples and go completely DD, or you can choose to use nullity sphere, but thats not defensive. Nullity sphere is...I'm going to sit in a bubble that removes all combat obligations from me other than rearranging my opponents face with nukes. Sound defensive to you?

as far as the future of our dots go, I'd love to see some creativity here as well. I don't see why DoT's have to be confined to being dmg only, why not an AR DoT, or nano skill dot, or even an DoT that works like a snare, slowly draining AR, run speed, skills, etc, respectively per tick. Progressive DoTs could be useful in many situations where you have the time to plan your offensive tactics. Let the other profs get the boring dmg dots, we need something that smells like an NT!
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

A debuff over time of sorts would be sort of fun if it had a decent duration and didn't take effect so quickly that it might as well just be a debuff.

Though a nano that causes adverse symptoms over time kinda screams doc.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    A debuff over time of sorts would be sort of fun if it had a decent duration and didn't take effect so quickly that it might as well just be a debuff.

Though a nano that causes adverse symptoms over time kinda screams doc.
    I'm thinking a DoT that is a progressive debuff, etc. for example the nano skill dot would start off with -50 on first tick then -25 each tick after, and ofc would end as soon as the dot was over. so 10 ticks would debuff someone -275 nano skills over the coarse of the DoT. (just an example)

I mean this is just an idea, but more of thinking why we don't look outside the box a bit.

I'd also like to see blinds that didn't just black out the screen, but rather starts blacks, then slowly fades back in, we could also taker that line of thinking further into the DoTs, where they start off strong, like -250, then slowly tick back down to normal, the local cooldown should allow this and prevent stacking.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

i like it!

But, LE-nukes cooldown is strong improved for solds, keepers and all other reflect users and LowHP setups.

P.S. BTW, solds gain heal and triple attack (yeah! solds gain triple on 14k PvM dmg!) each 40-45 sec.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Quote Originally Posted by DecemberSky View Post
    if it wasnt something like a low chance, high effect proc... it might be okay.

something like 25% chance of a 1 second stun or something. I mean, you might get lucky and get a nice chain stun effect, but yea it'd take a lot of testing to make sure it wasnt overpowered.

I am actually opposed to the idea of our cyberdeck to damage like a weapon. Its a boring concept, but if its what the majority wants, then its what we'll have and Ill use it.
    No. No no no no no. No procs. Procs are historically bad. Why?

The random nature requires either a strong effect, which everyone will bitch about when it lands, whatever the landing chance is.

Or, to avoid overpowering the proc, the effect is pretty naff, which every user will bitch about and not bother using it.

Or, the proc gets a stupid high landing rate with an effect that everyone bitches about when it lands (see Combat Remod).

Or, the proc gets a stupid high landing rate with an effect that's largely useless.

Enough with procs already. They've always been a stupid idea and badly implemented. Look around the forums. NO ONE is happy with procs. They're either unhappy with the proc effects being too OP or too crap and are unhappy with the landing rates being too high or too low.

Besides, a random chance proc shouldn't make or break a fight, which will most likely render any proc on the deck useless, OR it'll be too OP and will directly affect what NTs get going forward as part of their toolset. Look at Crats, they're still waiting for a decent toolset boost after the removal of stun procs.

While you might not like the Cyberdeck doing regular hits, it's the least intrusive solution imo. Auto nuking is the next best as I see it, but I don't want the game being in charge of what my nano casting system is doing, I want that control for me, regardless of weaving or local cooldowns.

Oh and Mav, stop being an idiot, Soldiers aren't getting a Triple.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I don't want an auto-nuke XD.

I want fc working on the fun stuff, multi-casting and spell weaving, not loosing their time on unneeded crap.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

About procs: the only proc like thing I know is the 25% stun chance on Electrifying Containment. It's quite a nice effect and I seldom have somebody whine on it.
    My point is that I believe it is possible to balance a proc somewhere between useful and OP.
    Should there be a proc on nanodeck? I don't know. Froobs don't get nanodeck anyway, so I don't really have an opinion on it .
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by schloops View Post
    I don't want an auto-nuke XD.

I want fc working on the fun stuff, multi-casting and spell weaving, not loosing their time on unneeded crap.
    The multicasting is already done. Changing cyberdeck is not some major task, only if auto-nuke was interesting would that require some coding time. Almost all other NT related changes (except stuff like hardcapping things I reckon) are designer work, not coder work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    P.S. BTW, solds gain heal and triple attack (yeah! solds gain triple on 14k PvM dmg!) each 40-45 sec.
    They're not, no.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    They're not, no.
    no?
    At 220 with the line maxxed: Max HP 500, Body Dev 150, Max Reflected Damage 100

Perk 1 - HP drain. Hits for 2532-2532 and recovers 100% HP, taunts 8k, 40s recharge.
    Perk 2 - DD perk. Hits for 3462-5027, 45s recharge.
    Perk 4 - DD perk. Hits for 3848-6774, 45s recharge.
    9842 - 14333 dmg in 4 sec (45 sec recharge)

and Triple

-2500 .. -5000
    -2500 .. -5000
    -2500 .. -5000

7.5-15k dmg in 2-3 sec (and what cooldown?) i not calculate CB before it
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

its half damage in pvp and solja actual need land those perks they dont have 3 times stacking -1k dodge debuffs.
    and soldier loosing power up its big damage loss + stuns

starfall combo in pdf
    -3301..-7336
    -3549..-7887
    -4500..-10000

11350-25223 damage
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

Not to mention the Soldier perks won't be piercing reflects.

Mav stop being a retard.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Perskules View Post
    its half damage in pvp and solja actual need land those perks they dont have 3 times stacking -1k dodge debuffs.
    And NTs do? Where in the "All nanos are being reworked and changed" that I said in the first post did you see NTs having 3000 NR debuff?

Also, Mavritanic, let's show the soldiers and other whiners that we are better than they are and no sit here going "oooh waah they get triples" (even though we perfectly know they arent, and it's extremely entertaining to do so),
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    And NTs do? Where in the "All nanos are being reworked and changed" that I said in the first post did you see NTs having 3000 NR debuff?

Also, Mavritanic, let's show the soldiers and other whiners that we are better than they are and no sit here going "oooh waah they get triples" (even though we perfectly know they arent, and it's extremely entertaining to do so),
    ooh cb finally getting nerfed?
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

Quote Originally Posted by Perskules View Post
    ooh cb finally getting nerfed?
    Yes, and you are right, it's a disgrace.
    We are getting a nano that gives us + 1k in all nanolines though... stackable 3 times .
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by schloops View Post
    Yes, and you are right, it's a disgrace.
    We are getting a nano that gives us + 1k in all nanolines though... stackable 3 times .
    even that would be better. then all others cant hit all debuffs in
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

Regarding the combo and the quick casts (1.5 seconds) it sounds good the only problem I'm going to have and probably very little others is my high latency from austraila. With longer less casts it's not such a massive issue, but with lots of small casts I can see myself complaining

will the auto casting take lag out of it? Or is it basically going to be a substitue macro program where it doesn't takes lag into effect? eg run from local side.
    With WoW there was a "fast cast" mod which was great because you could tell the server to start your next cast early to minimise the high latency..

So if you have anymore info on how it's proposed to work would be sweet
    More server firsts than you!

Proud officer of Storm for over.. 8 years yikes!
    Gunnandahalf - 220/30 NT
    Knavish - 220/30 Soldier
    Retain - 220/30 Trader

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast