Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Major NT Changes in the Rebalancing Act

fine Masta, you're not seeing my point at all, and I won't argue with you. I'll bow out of this convo, and say gl, and I hope you represent us instead of your own agenda.

I guess the "wait and see" attitude is appropriate here
    Last edited by RedWatr; Jan 7th, 2010 at 21:35:56.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Nothin is written in stone yet until he have those numbers.
    The universal nuke might not be the way of the NT considering the overall balancing, but promoting ways of combat that not thouroughbred NT just pokes me in the eye.

I will never agree with authority. Thats the only definite.
    I'm the biggest! The best! Better than the rest!

Everybody that is not playing NT is whining against LE nukes for years, so it's no surprise they have to go. It has been said so often that it became a fact.
    Triplenabs... there might be some around that can get pvp-score simply due to LE nukes, but often they only think they can and are actually pretty gimp (as "I can beat them with my froob").
    Decent pvpers as Giit use quite a bit more then 1 button :P.

My personal experience with LE nukes: I hate them! But then again, I'm low hp with 100% reflect shield being my best defense :P. I have quite some nr though, but that's not really helping.
    The only thing that I like about them, is that I can point at them (and them being overpowered) when a paid NT is able to beat me :P. At the other hand, Giit (or maybe another good NT pvper) was able to beat me once, using only perks .

Anyway, there is TONS of testing to be done for anything remotely close to a balance ever can be reached. They also have to do more thinking first and then they still have to do the coding etc. It's going to be a while .
    Last edited by EdtaatdE; Jan 7th, 2010 at 21:53:21.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleshman View Post
    Yea i have to agree with Red.
    In your previous posts and 'ideas' you are just basically promoting your own setup.
    You speak alot of PvP but you are still completely unseen by me in BS so far.
    Those who can does, those who can't .. teach.
    I'm all for changes. But don't take credit for these. You were working in another direction.

Don't worry Masta. I'm sure you possess other usefull skills, but PvP isn't one of them.
    My NT prof representative should spend more time ingame than posting visions about PvP/PvM in his ideal Atrox world, where other profs just wants to give us hugs and maybe even a kiss if we behave ^^

Anyway these changes are just white noise until we get some concrete info.

Signed a non-pacifist.
    I would promote those things because they're my perception and oppinion. What I say on this forum has no more or less weight than yours. If you don't like me expressing my oppinion, then just ignore those posts, but get over thinking that I, or any other professional, have much of anything to do with 99% of changes coming round the bend.
    I don't know what changes you think I'm taking credit for (If you would PLEASE elaborate on this, I would be quite interested to hear how you came to hold that perception), or how anything happening here in these changes that the devs have outlined and created without any input from me, or any of the other current professionals (in reality, they're pretty much exactly what we discussed most on these forums during my last stint as profesisional, 5 years ago so maybe I should take credit for them... ).

I speak a lot of pvp? Of course, it's a major part of the game. Would you like it to go completely ignored in this whole rebalancing act?

You don't see me on battlestations because I personally think they're completely boring and nonsensical to what I enjoy; Character Progress. I spent enough time on there to farm everything possibly useful from the LE shops, for myself and bought many nanos for my orgmates of both past and present because I still lug around thousands of Victory Points. If anything new and phat appeared in the LE shops I would need, you'd see me on BS all the time. But you won't see me go there for fun because I don't find it fun.

Do I claim to be some kind of PvP god? No, I don't, so what is it you are trying to say? That because I don't bother pvping in BS right now I don't have any idea what makes a balanced and fun gaming experience? If that's how things work, then how can any game ever actually be produced?

And "Visions"? Have you realised yet that the post I started this thread with is what the developers have stated is going to happen to NTs, things THEY came up with that are going to be implemented, one way or the other? That this is not something I have dreamt up for how NTs should be? Maybe I was being unclear or are you stoned, because your post certainly reads that way.
    Spend time ingame the last 2 weeks I've clocked 5 days played. But maybe that's not enough?
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 8th, 2010 at 01:11:50. Reason: removed obscenity
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    fine Masta, you're not seeing my point at all, and I won't argue with you. I'll bow out of this convo, and say gl, and I hope you represent us instead of your own agenda.

I guess the "wait and see" attitude is appropriate here
    You don't want to argue with me? Then why the hell do you come in here and direct personal attacks towards me for no reason other than because you don't know anything about what being professional is about?

And "Us"? You're very cute, but you just signed out of the NT community by saying you don't want to participate in giving feedback on the upcoming changes. Could you tell us why? I mean, it seems quite stupid to come in here and attack the messenger, then say you don't want to give any input and help with the upcoming changes. I mean, I can understand not really caring and just playing the game, but obviously you care enough to come in here and attack me because I spend my time typing out a huge post to tell you about the things the devs have planned to do to NTs so we can get some initial discussion and reactions going. So, could you tell us why you don't want to continue helping make these changes for the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleshman View Post
    Nothin is written in stone yet until he have those numbers.
    The universal nuke might not be the way of the NT considering the overall balancing, but promoting ways of combat that not thouroughbred NT just pokes me in the eye.

I will never agree with authority. Thats the only definite.
    No, nothing is written in stone except that things are going to change completely.

I don't get what you're talking about here though, "universal nuke"? Promoting ways of combat that are not thoroughbred NT?
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Jan 7th, 2010 at 21:54:53.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I did not "sign out of the NT community" in fact the opposite, I just don't think the argument needs to be carried any further between us, I made my point, stated my opinions, anything more would just be flaming.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

I did not "sign out of the NT community" in fact the opposite, I just don't think the argument needs to be carried any further between us, I made my point, stated my opinions, anything more would just be flaming.
    Really? You just said you didn't want to provide any input on any of the changes. You didn't make any point, you just attacked me with your irrelevant talk, well, have you understood it yet? Now is no more. Now doesn't really matter. We're not discussing now, or how things are now. We're discussing the future. What you think about what I know of pvp now, do you know how much that's worth? Nothing at all.

Hidden inside your post was some worry about how things will be in pvp in the future. You didn't say anything else. Could you perhaps elaborate on what you said, because I would like to gather feedback so we can help out the developers with their ideas. We now know in what direction things are changing, and you just sit there with some animosity that I have no idea why you would bring on me, the guy who volunteered to sit and act the messenger boy between you and the developers. Of course, you apparently have some kind of misunderstood idea of what professionals are, so I will make sure I nominate you and vote for you in 3 months time if you accept the nomination.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Jan 7th, 2010 at 22:16:41.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Really? You just said you didn't want to provide any input on any of the changes. You didn't make any point, you just attacked me with your irrelevant talk, well, have you understood it yet? Now is no more. Now doesn't really matter. We're not discussing now, or how things are now. We're discussing the future, and what you think about what I know of pvp now, do you know how much that's worth? Nothing at all.

Hidden inside your post was some worry about how things will be in pvp in the future. You didn't say anything else. Could you perhaps elaborate on what you said, because I would like to gather feedback so we can help out the developers with their ideas. We now know in what direction things are changing, and you just sit there with some animosity that I have no idea why you would bring on me, the guy who volunteered to sit and act the messenger boy between you and the developers. Of course, you apparently have some kind of misunderstood idea of what professionals are, so I will make sure I nominate you and vote for you in 3 months time if you accept the nomination.
    I will comment, once you, and FC provide us with a bit more than vague references as to how things will work. I'll say it again, I'm taking the "wait and see" attitude, which is my prerogative. As of now I do not like the direction it's going in other than the local lockouts.
    T O O N Z:

I will comment, once you, and FC provide us with a bit more than vague references as to how things will work. I'll say it again, I'm taking the "wait and see" attitude, which is my prerogative. As of now I do not like the direction it's going in other than the local lockouts.
    You could've done that without attacking me, then. An apology would be in order.
    The Red Brotherhood

Actually, the devs probably don't know that much more then us. They seem to want feedback now already, with the little things we know. Right now is where you still have the biggest freedom in suggesting things.
    That's my impression at least.

You could've done that without attacking me, then. An apology would be in order.
    Please Masta, let this rest. He's trying to avoid a fight with you, that should be enough imo. He might have made a few assumptions about you that are probably wrong, but he didn't outright insult you. And you already negated these assumptions.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by EdtaatdE View Post
    Actually, the devs probably don't know that much more then us. They seem to want feedback now already, with the little things we know. Right now is where you still have the biggest freedom in suggesting things.
    That's my impression at least.
    There's not much more to know, really, about the direction things are going in. The complete specifics are the only things missing in the current prototype design documents, but those are always the last to be finalised.
    The Red Brotherhood

lol, relax Masta. Torpedoes like that is gonna be striking every now and then.
    Dont run Berserk Rage just yet ^^ This is just the warmup, remember you're still amongst NT's.
    It's gonna get far worse defending us to the lesser professions ^^

I've always been a proud NT and the 'give a little - get a little' ideal has always felt like we've given but not gotten until LE.
    Don't forget we sacrificed solo ability just for being NT's. Not everything can be kited. Either by possibility or plain moral sense so ofc those 'awful' LE nanos were a gift from below (Or above, whatev religion floats your boat) and having a professional that opposes them so openly hurts.
    We never had a weapon or perkline that's given us credability, we only had those nanoprograms.
    So ofc the thought of those getting reduced in efficiency is pure terror.

I like the idea for seperated nanolines at first step but that ofc means that opposition will be at the very same level so Root, stun, blind and nuke every target is fine as long as every other prof has to do their fullest too.

My 220 Enf could still defeat my 220 NT any day so yes balancing is not something i oppose.
    Let's not forget that BS which is my fetish is a fast paced arena where a single mistake can cause your life, and with mentioned balancing the image of every encounter being a long one where the survivor would have their NCU's filled with debuffs and therefor perhaps unable to remain a threat.
    Now all this refers to PvP. Mobs on the other hand have feelings :/

Nice to see you're firing on all cylinders. Til next time! *Smokebomb and vanishes*
    I'm the biggest! The best! Better than the rest!

That I am opposed to LE nukes does not mean I'm at all opposed to NTs blowing people the hell up and dominating like there's no tomorrow untill someone thinks to start shooting at them... LE nukes are just a dirty hack solution to a more complex problem, and that's what I don't like about them. Everything about them, from the silly cast times to debuff all reflects part reeks of dirty hack :|
    The Red Brotherhood

triples and such are most likely going byebye.
    huh?

Local Cooldown" (mark this, it's going to be used a lot in the coming times), that is cooldown that only restricts a single nano or line of nanos, is going to play a major part in how we're going to work in the future. So, now we are going to be able to do more things at once, such as cast absorbs/shields/roots/calms and keep on nuking while they recharge in the background. Seems someone did listen all those years after all (or some NT got hired ).
    wtf? Is it April 1st already?
    Did someone at FC just read the entire content of the NT forum in some kind of direct-to-brain download?

Well, no firm info, but a concept that's currently known as "nanoweaving" covers another thing we asked for so many times in the past: More active combat. In addition nukes will have different added effects, something we also asked for repeatedly.
    Example, a+b nukes gives a+b effect on target, c nuke does a specific thing because a+b is on target. If b+a is cast, it gives b+a effect, c nuke does something else now. You get the drift.
    Sounds freakin' familiar. I think i personally added a dozen or so requests for this to the running total.
    You're making me excited Master.

Exciting times are coming! We're moving away from the insta-kill arena that is current day PvP and the sort of boring grindfest that is PvM.
    You mean we'll actually get to be wizards again? omgwtf.

So, thoughts? Positive changes? Negative? Do you really love your triples?
    Stunned.

I... i said nano casting needed an "overhaul" but; i never thought they actually...
    Its why I left for greener pastures - The OBVIOUS FACT that something like this would never happen... but... but if they actually implimented what you've discribed Master... well...
    Thats pritty much everything i've ever wanted them to do right there.

I feel exposed and unusual.

Anyone else notice that every time you think you've finally hung up your cyberdeck and escaped this blasted game; they whisper something which rekindles the joy in your solid notum heart.
    The pleasure of weilding energetic science-based death lightening...
    Of being the last man standing under a warm orange bubble; whatever the raid-wiping foe may be.
    And whats more; everything new they promise - the bright new future they paint with sweet suggestive ideas.

...only to have it replaced by bitter, rubbery disappointment.

the malice that this is going to generate will be beautiful ^.^
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

As scary as it is, Im gonna have to back Masta on this. (Yes, its snowing in Hell, but I got to call it as I see it) Hes a new Proff who's doing what he can with what FC has given him (alone, it seems). I really dont think that FC is listening to the populace on this one. They have a "Game plan" and are runnin it, we can just hope they listen to the Proffs on some of the "wilder" stuff.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Thx Masta for the info... very informative and well put.

I'm not worried about those changes.
    I really don't feel like hypothesizing before having enough facts. That would be like trying to predict what errors fc will do . So I'll worry later ^^.

I love the idea of combos adding different effects.
    I love the multi-casting lines.

Can only relate up to when the ai expansion was out... but seriously, we were loltastic. When you are loltastic, your choices have no importance.
    Le and since, made us less static, more resistant and gave us more firepower. Our choices matter now... even if you go def focus, because you have a protection where you can move. You are no more a turtle in an ocean of sharks.
    I pvped a lot in off and def since le and the two are fun and more complex than they used to be... after all, we still have the nanoes available then to judge.
    I think you are just nostalgic .

This being said: love the changes and look forward to them.
    Keep us informed plz ^^.

One worry though:
    Change is bound to have a cost in buying the stuff to adapt... and I'm a slacker .

Oh, and one question:
    Will casting require to stop running for the insta-cast ones?
    More generally: are we looking to a future where we become more or less static?
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

I think everything needs to cool down a little. Not everyone will like the changes, but everyone has the right to state their opinion, provided it is done so constructively.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

RK nukes should be revamped also, aoe nukes do more damage for the nano they take on a single target let alone the fact that they hit multiple targets. Damage is to low on the nukes for a twinked character (might be fixed with the change to sl nukes), SL nukes nanocost/level lock/damage made them useless at low levels.

I had a twinked 60 NT that I tried to do totw with, full arith/high implants/symbs, designed to selfcast the schoel reflect nano. Spamming nothing but defenses gave me the same survivability as other professions until I ran out of nano, but that happened relatively fast and damage was absolutely horrible or non-existent if trying to survive.

The SL nuke revamp might fix the damage (low NT twinks damage is the ****s compared to any other twink except maybe shade), the lockout system will fix the def/off balance that was lacking. But a NT will still run out of nano really damn fast if they are selfbuffed at lower levels. So boost nanoregain a bit in some way. A better scaling ND that would actually tick decently could be the solution.

When it comes to the nanoweaving idea, its good but should not be overly complicated. In pvp you have to memorize opponents tool sets so you know what they are doing/what there about to do and how to respond. If it gets to complicated and without enough visual ques then it may get to be impossible to understand your opponent, and in pvp your don't just need to know one profession you need to understand the toolset of all 14. Also impacts coop pvm a bit but not much.
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Damn.....

This nanoweaving business is really making me want to roll an NT lol.
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast