Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Major NT Changes in the Rebalancing Act

for pvp yes but pvm is a hole different thing

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeep View Post
    BS is the best place to get a good overview of this whole rebalance process ... Nowhere else you can get as many fights, 1vs1, 1vs2, 2vs2, 1vs3, etc, with all the different combo of gimp/twink/profession ...
    Completely irrelevant at the current time anyway.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Do you mean it's irrelevant cause you d get to test only current balance in place and not the future one ?

If so, probably, but it would be sad to refuse to do BS once this balance hit the dedicated test server (unless, ofc, they add a new pvp environnment at the same time).

BS is the best place to get a good overview of this whole rebalance process ... Nowhere else you can get as many fights, 1vs1, 1vs2, 2vs2, 1vs3, etc, with all the different combo of gimp/twink/profession ...
    It is also the place to go if you wanna learn the nt pvp toolset and how to use it... and allow people to judge your play.

<3 bs... hate what fc's persistence in not merging the servers has brought it to.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Do you mean it's irrelevant cause you d get to test only current balance in place and not the future one ?

If so, probably, but it would be sad to refuse to do BS once this balance hit the dedicated test server (unless, ofc, they add a new pvp environnment at the same time).
    Of course I'll end up testing it on the test beta server, not doing so wouldn't make any sense. Seeing as how it'll be so different from what there is now, I don't see how not doing BS now could be a bad thing.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Just my opinion, but it would be easier to offer constructive input on any changes made if you had the understanding of how it was before those changes.

That said, it is also useful to have an opinion that isn't burdened by any prejudices with regards to "how it was".
    Meaning I also think choosing not to participate is perfectly valid.

If your reasoning for not participating is that you don't like how MOST people play your profession in that situation, don't play it that way.

If you simply don't like BS for what it is that's also ok.
    I just prefer that if this is the case it be said so and left at that ^^.

*meeps before the crown of frost falls on his head*
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

I don't like BS because it's boring, it achieves nothing and requires that I sit through suffering all the problems I already sat through a hundred times. Because I don't go RIGHT NOW doesn't mean I didn't run about a thousand games when they were new and shiny...
    I also said that about a thousand times, but apparently noone believes me. I guess because everyone started playing after this happened.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    Just my opinion, but it would be easier to offer constructive input on any changes made if you had the understanding of how it was before those changes.

That said, it is also useful to have an opinion that isn't burdened by any prejudices with regards to "how it was".
    Meaning I also think choosing not to participate is perfectly valid.

If your reasoning for not participating is that you don't like how MOST people play your profession in that situation, don't play it that way.

If you simply don't like BS for what it is that's also ok.
    I just prefer that if this is the case it be said so and left at that ^^.

*meeps before the crown of frost falls on his head*
    We have two NT professionals. Decembersky still actively PvPs. There's plenty of insight into "how things are today" among the two pros we have.

I haven't been to BS in at least a couple of months, if not more. I haven't suddenly forgotten the ins and outs of NT PvP, seeing as nothing has changed about NT PvP since Detonation Matrix and Optic Plague came along.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Aye,

But, since BS was all "new and shiny", there has been a nice bunch of changes regarding balance : the greater blind, IW, Deto Matrix... more evade support in setup... opened some possibilities...

And indirectly, GTH (17.5), nano shutdown, new Fears, pistol perks, etc (dunno what else .. )

Of course i have no idea when you stopped showing up, Masta But i sometimes really think you could catch up. Just keep in mind you might have missed couple gems.

Is oke i stop

Respects, thanks for doin what you do allrdy

I had a reset bodydev setup for a while and I was there before 30% caps and I tried since, but atrox requires a dodge setup which is diametrically opposed to what I like. IW doesn't even come close to making nanoshields any good for me. It's not funny at BS, just .. dull, because it's pointless.
    You can find me out hunting stragglers and others at every TL7 war I go to.. that's fun. And there's no special teleport for victims to flee with or hide behind and they're not likely to get super back up from said teleporters as well.
    Besides, I'm sure December knows all about this stuff if any input is required about it. If not, there's you guys. After all, I am just a sort of one-way telephone from you to the devs.

Outdoor pvp in the landscape is fun and the towers make it all the more fun. Don't expect to see me in BS untill they make some new items I can't buy with my current stock of VP.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Feb 9th, 2010 at 18:02:00.
    The Red Brotherhood

I like the type of PVP that the battlestation offers. Where as Masta does NW, you'll most likely never find me at a NW. I can't stand the 4 hours of sitting around and waiting and then /assist killing. It's all about personal preference.

I also like dueling and borealis pvp and that sort of stuff.

If notum wars were changed so it wasnt a lag fest/zerg fest/assist fest and the towers gave either; 1. better mods (not worth 20m to be greifed 30 minutes later) or 2. had some kind of LONG time period before it would be attackable again, like a month or something. That would make NW's a bigger event, and not jsut a group of griefers trying to waste your money.

Kinda got off track there, woops. /Rant
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

Quote Originally Posted by DecemberSky View Post
    I like the type of PVP that the battlestation offers. Where as Masta does NW, you'll most likely never find me at a NW. I can't stand the 4 hours of sitting around and waiting and then /assist killing. It's all about personal preference.

I also like dueling and borealis pvp and that sort of stuff.

If notum wars were changed so it wasnt a lag fest/zerg fest/assist fest and the towers gave either; 1. better mods (not worth 20m to be greifed 30 minutes later) or 2. had some kind of LONG time period before it would be attackable again, like a month or something. That would make NW's a bigger event, and not jsut a group of griefers trying to waste your money.

Kinda got off track there, woops. /Rant
    I am sort of amused by how both professionals have a greatly misguided view on the various aspects of PvP.

Notum Wars/owning towers isn't what you describe it as and BS isn't what Masta describes it as. Interesting.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Notum Wars/owning towers isn't what you describe it as and BS isn't what Masta describes it as. Interesting.
    BS isn't dull and boring? I guess that's up to player preference but my personal preference isn't running around in long gray hallways hunting some guy who escapes through a teleporter into a team of his allies :|

Not that I don't support and would like some change made to Notum Wars, as they have grown sort of blerhg over time, I dont mind running around for 4 hours trying to outwit the other side or finding new targets to hit. There's an element of risk and strategy there that BS just doesn't have. Hell, there's more strategy in a FFA DM game of Quake Live than there is in BS
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    There's an element of risk and strategy there that BS just doesn't have. Hell, there's more strategy in a FFA DM game of Quake Live than there is in BS
    In general I agree with the sentiment, but that has more to do with the people playing it that way.
    Getting a side organized on BS can be pretty much impossible, but when a side does start working together it is noticeable.
    And when both sides are working together with their respective "team" good matches result.
    Though obviously a signifigant number of gimps or twinks on one side and not the other easily lop-sides the round as well.
    Having a lot of good neutrals helps with this.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Indeed, but with the level of disorganisation and resistance to organisation that is generally present because "i hate pvp and will just sit here in my turret and wait for an outcome" people and headless chickens, then it just ends up being more of a FFA match where nothing makes sense, there's no map to run to control weapon/armor/health/powerup spawns and such, just 4 spots that may or may not already be under capture by your "allies"...
    I had fun times in BS with a team of friends total pwning, but it gets old fast to just frag noobs, to have fun in a FFA environment you need challenge if you're above 15 years old and beyond the point where exploiting without being caught makes you a winner. Sadly a too large part of the active pvp population in AO is not beyond this point.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    I am sort of amused by how both professionals have a greatly misguided view on the various aspects of PvP.

Being professionals doesnt mean we have to be fan bois of every aspect of Anarchy Online. I also hate tradeskilling and zerg raids like Pande. =p

Doesn't mean I don't know my profession any less. Also, I do goto Tara and NW's every now and again when I get that bored. tara is fun. Notum Wars is 90% waiting around. Between getting the teams set up correctly, getting everyone to a rally point, and then just /assist kill, then planting and defending. II've played the game for 7 years now, I've been to my share of notum wars, nothing about NW has changed except for orbitals.

I guess in the end its what you yourself makes the experience.
    Last edited by DecemberSky; Feb 10th, 2010 at 05:10:03.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

NW where you got some more strategy, a true MMO feel, leading skill, time dedication etc, but where profession balance in itself is less in order - assist /q /AS /spam double is just that, after the hours of scouting n stuff.

City's pvp, where profession balance matter, scouting too, where you got less fight - you have to be more serious about what you do - a misstake and you are down rezzing. Lot more actual fight then in NW, but at a smaller scale.

BS, offer different scale depending who is in, 1vs1, 1vs2, 2vs2' city pvp, or smallish NW team vs team, or 10 vs 10. Where the PvM/PvP mixed aspect makes an side work hard. But where balance matters the most, because of the large amount of fight you get, the non existant scouting part and planning ahead of time part, it focus on the actual fight. I like BS as a PvPer for the carebearish/FPS aspect of BS, and the fact no fight is actually always the same - because at this one you go versus a shade and spank it, 3 seconds later a solja and a doc come, you gotta run away, to step on a trader fighting some of your allies that you make pay for all the nasty things he did to you, after what you ll tag along with those people and proceed to camp A a bit, to die, to come back, and fight this time a combinaison of Agent + Advy, you alpha the agent, run from the adv laughing, etc etc etc . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DecemberSky View Post
    Doesn't mean I don't know my profession any less.
    I didn't say it did, for either of you. Merely made an observation
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

just wondering , what is gonna happen to cataclysm line ?

its a LE nuke , but not mentioned i think

any intel ?
    Styxian MP overlord of Rk2

DEVIL INSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by X-Styx-X View Post
    just wondering , what is gonna happen to cataclysm line ?

its a LE nuke , but not mentioned i think

any intel ?
    AOE nukes are, as mentioned, going to be expanded across all level ranges. The cataclysm line could fit in that hole. Whether it will retain its shieldpiercing effect, who knows. Things are changing.
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast