Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Annoying small things everyone knows about yet have not been fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Angler View Post
    If you want to enter the HQ of another org the teamleader has to be in this org and has to be in the HQ.
    Thank you. I guess I should just RTFM before asking.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Another small bug I just remembered.

If your runspeed goes negative (Think Arid rift for example), the strafing buttons will get inversed. Lets face it, not the end of the world, but I do end up going wtf each time :P
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

I believe arid rift does that for a reason, there are a few monsters that will change your function keys
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

I doubt that. Keep in mind that early in AO's life, a negative runspeed would actually reverse forwards and backwards :P

This is simply the snare turning your runspeed negative, causing strafe buttons to be reversed.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post

AI city market doors

These doors won't zone a player in properly all the time, particularly in a yalm. It is required to run into the door and then reverse so that zoning can commence.
    It's really not that broken. The trick is to stand (or hover if in Yalm/Bike/Board/etc.) in the center of the doorway. No need to run in and backup to zone.

Once I figured that out I had no issues when zoning to shops whether I be in Yalm, Board, any morph or just standing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetics View Post
    It's really not that broken. The trick is to stand (or hover if in Yalm/Bike/Board/etc.) in the center of the doorway. No need to run in and backup to zone.

Once I figured that out I had no issues when zoning to shops whether I be in Yalm, Board, any morph or just standing there.
    Yeah, well. It shouldn't take any "tricks". Transition from doors should be activated once the door is "entered", not "entered in the exact right place". It's annoying and hence it's in the list. Thanks for the clarification though.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetics View Post
    Just for the record, this also works for the door to the HQ. Don't bump into it but stop a little in front of it.

And yes, this is also annoying.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

BUMP from me.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Mission Key Duplicator cannot be used in tradeskill window.
    A tradeskilling tool that works differently to any other tool. I suppose it works differently due to its mechanic of generating keys to a specific instance as opposed to generic keys. However, it would make sense that this item worked just like any other tradeskilling tool.
    Most definitely not a bug.

The Mission Key Duplicator, contrary to your assumption, is NOT a tradeskill tool.

Tradeskills are any that combines that require SHIFT to be held down, the Duplicator does not, you use it like a lock pick, ie left click it, then left click the mission key.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

you are right..but you have to rightclick..it's written in the description^^
    Angler - Level 220/30 Adventurer - RK 3-> RK 1 -> RK - PVP Equip - DMG Equip

Here's a few:

- The planetmap often centers on a mission marker or shop marker when opening up (and you can't control this behavior), and always recenters on the player when zooming in/out. Proper behavior would probably be to always center on the player when opening the map, and to stay centered on whatever's currently centered when zooming.

- Also, many missions put an erroneous marker in the far upper left of the planetmap, making the above bug extra annoying.

- SL mobs that flee when struck continue to receive their "out of combat" healdelta. This could make it so that, for example, a gimpy doctor can kill a level 158 mob but never take down the level 157 one right next to it.

- The Battlegroup Heal perks require a friendly target to be selected when executed (selecting yourself works), however the choice of target has no effect on the results of the perk, so there's no reason to require a target.

- With the nobob camera enabled in the F10 menu and a shapeshift to either wolf or cat form, approaching a wall headfirst results in the camera zooming all the way in, because the part of the character to which the camera is anchored has passed through the wall. When this happens, you can't see anything.

- With the camera in 3rd-person lock mode, if the character is moving (via the keyboard) at the same time as the camera is being zoomed in and out (via the mousewheel), and the camera hits an object, it will end up no longer located behind the character. When I put the camera behind the character, I want it to stay there ffs, unless I use the left-mouse-and-drag or the numpad-4/6.

- Right-clicking and dragging to rotate the player and camera simultaneously tilts the camera up and down very rapidly, but has much, much lower sensitivity panning side to side. This might be intended, but it's downright terrible behavior. Left-click and dragging to move only the camera has correct matching sensitivities for tilting and panning.

- When strafing, right-clicking-and-dragging to rotate the player stops you from strafing until the strafe key is released and pressed again.

- Fighting target's NCU and Nano target's NCU windows have a "close window" button, but it doesn't work. They can only be opened and closed from the F10 menu. It would also be nice to have a key command to open and close these, like all other windows.

- You used to (circa 2005) be able to hide the right-side scroll-panel-thingy by pressing the backslash key (not the pipe key, which does still hide the HUD properly). This was broken in a patch and never fixed.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Thanks. As promised, I'll update the top posts once the next patch comes out. The nobob cam+wolf thing is actually much more noticeable in the Pit Lizard bug that's noted at the top (the camera is much beyond the actual head).

I hope they get around to fixing a lot of these things, still doesn't sound very good based on FwM comments by Kintaii, particularly so for the camera bugs since one'd assume new engine brings new camera behaviour. I could be wrong though and I'll list them none the less.
    Ranged roxxorz!

"Medium" and "Hard" solo Inferno missions are unavailable.
    No matter what you say to the NPC, you will always get an "Easy".
    Status: Remains broken. Could use confirmation on whether this is the case with both factions.
    Don't know if you got info on this one yet (there is so many pages)
    Clan has the hard missions availible, and easy.
    I am told years ago that mediums are bugged, and in all these years i haven't rolled one though.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

In places where you can type text, for example the playershop search and the LFT windows, you can click-and-drag to select text that's already typed. Doing that and then pressing delete completely erases the selected text, however pressing backspace or typing some new stuff instead just acts as if the cursor is at whichever end of the selection you click-and-dragged to.
    Last edited by Azza; May 6th, 2010 at 05:48:15.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post
    Don't know if you got info on this one yet (there is so many pages)
    Clan has the hard missions availible, and easy.
    I am told years ago that mediums are bugged, and in all these years i haven't rolled one though.
    Are you sure about that? I'm clan on RK1 and I'm fairly sure that all of the solo missions come out exactly the same level (same level mobs and reward).
    Main
    Forek 220/30

Alts
    Dreadoc 220/27
    Mellifluous 220/27
    Forefix 178/18

I'd like to add tradeskilling in backpacks. =/

Its not a bug, its just annoying dragging 21 items to inventory and then back again, when you could just drag one tool to the backpack and work from there.

No reason why it should not work in backpacks.

Thanks.

When bringing up the IP skill window you lag for a second or two, been like that since implementation, very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    I'd like to add tradeskilling in backpacks. =/

Its not a bug, its just annoying dragging 21 items to inventory and then back again, when you could just drag one tool to the backpack and work from there.

No reason why it should not work in backpacks.

Thanks.
    I'm assuming this has been in game from Day 1. I wasn't there on Day 1, but I was there on Day 30 and it existed then. So, I doubt this behaviour will be changed soon or ever. We should be able to trade directly from our bank or from a pack, but no...

FWIW, other MMOs of AO's vintage had this issue as well.

Annoying small things everyone knows about yet have not been fixed.

To Funcom for suddenly announcing "patches" and not adding a patch note to let players know what's being changed. happends ALL the time, and it's annoying

Zoning OUT of a player shop positions you so that your standing inside the small stairway that leads to the entrance of it. This makes it so when u run forward you ALWAYS rubberband at least once.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast