Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Annoying small things everyone knows about yet have not been fixed

Quote Originally Posted by EdtaatdE View Post
    Profiteer's Helper not click-equipable
    This is probably only a personal thing seeing as only few people have the Profiteer's helper and of those few actually 'hot'-swap it. Anyway: it does not equip when you click it, and it doesn't have some action either when you click it. I would like to switch it more easily, eg from a hotbar.
    (I'm guessing they used a Clan/Omni tokenboard as a base to make this one...)

/vouch
    I hate this. one of the reasons I rolled a NEUTRAL engineer was for access to PH.
    imho, PH needs the faction restriction removed and made right-click wearable.

add to list:
    Hotbar'd nanos locking up after casting
    This is extreamly annoying on my pvm trader.
    I hit one drain, wait 5 seconds for the cooldown and the cooldown timer freezes on 0.1 seconds making another nano impossible to cast unless you jump up while moving around.
    Last edited by Xyphos; Jan 19th, 2010 at 01:49:39.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

The path down to Frank Jobin in the Scheol Quest. There's a bit where you slip into the cliff side and down a hole, and can't get out without terminating... I seem to fall into it on every character I do that quest on

Zone border between Galway Shire and Clon**** gets an "Area change not initiated" error every time you try to zone, usually requires multiple relogs to get back into a properly loaded zone

Casting a fixer grid meep immediately after logging in results in all nano skills inoperative and very slow runspeed (zoning seems to fix it, but it's annoying when you're in the middle of a wide open area and no place nearby to zone to)

{removed by Anarrina}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 20th, 2010 at 08:54:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwifruits View Post
    Casting a fixer grid meep immediately after logging in results in all nano skills inoperative and very slow runspeed
    I'm guessing that's because zoning doesn't work right after you log. Especially frustrating if you just clicked SL Recall Beacon...

Wow 4 pages. Gonna try and compile this today a bit to the two first posts.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Well, it was a bigger task than I thought to compile all of this into the top 2 posts (think I need a third one if there are going to be a lot more of these issues).

However, I would need a helping hand in some of the issues listed in orange. There's a bunch of things that didn't seem to be completely certain and I've made a note of them. Likewise with zoning issues, it would be useful to provide coordinates and extended location info on these well known spots of trouble.

On the next issue, I was unable to reproduce it, if someone else can look into it more carefully and tell exactly what needs to be done I'd be delighted (even though in the past I've experienced similar issues).

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    Camera view bug:
    Set your camera view to locked mode. Temporarily change your camera view manually (numberpad or mouse) due to environment (or whatever reason) & then move it back to the original locked position (5 on numberpad or mouse). Zone. Your camera changes to the temporary position last used, instead of the locked position. This issue continues every time you zone until you relog.
    I'm sure I have missed some things, some (drop rates etc) didn't really fit the thread so they were omitted... Also, if you have critique or additional issues that should be fixed, let's hear 'em. Finally, it does look like some of the items in the list aren't "small things" but all of them are definitely there in the annoying department.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Overflow
    When you get an overflow and then close the overflow window the only way to get it back is to create a new overflow. You have to know this and even then it's not always easy to get one.
    Also, but less important: Items in overflow get deleted when you zone. This probably mainly is a game feature to prevent overflow being used as extra inventory room, but a pop-up as a warning when you try to zone might be nice. But it might be easier to have these deleted items being restored by ARK's after a petition as it is now .

Same as with those HUD/UTIL items:
    Ring of nightmare not equipping from backpacks.
    Some items equip from bags. For some reason, Rings of Nightmare do not.

Target for treatment kits and nano's etc.

Noob island treatment kits don't require a target. Other ones do, also to use them on yourself.
    Either make them being used on yourself when you have no target (like it is with friendly nano's)
    or
    make them being used on yourself when you have no target or an invalid target (enemy, NPC, item): would be nice for friendly nano's as well.

Edit: Btw, nicely done Eroz .
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

The solo mission difficulty issue listed for Inferno actually applies to all SL zones where ACG missions are available; no matter what difficulty you ask for, you always get an easy.
    I think I mostly rolled such missions in redeemed (clan) gardens, so it definitely applies there, but I don't think side would make any difference. It's not the mission giver NPCs that are bugged but the ACG process itself "behind" them (well, unless the NPCs are giving incorrect parameters to it from the difficulty setting dialogue, but that would mean that all NPCs on both sides are bugged the exact same way; copy/paste ftl ).

I perceive the camera problem, described by tazalanche, somewhat differently.
    To me it seems more like as if the saved camera position (that you can store by pressing F7 and recall by pressing F5) would get overwritten with the current camera position on each zoning.
    So when you have the camera moved from your personal saved/preferred position during zoning, after zoning the position gets restored to what it was was before zoning (which I think can be considered correct behaviour), but when you hit F5 to recall your preferred camera position, nothing happens since during zoning it got overwritten to be the same as the current camera position.

There is no problem with the Notum Threaded Backpack; it opens just fine when right clicked, just like any regular backpack does.

Also, a not yet listed (although somewhat obscure) issue.
    When executing a nano with a longer recharge time from the shortcutbar, if you open the Programs window (in icon view mode) during the recharge/cooldown period, all nano icons except the one you have executed will remain in the "greyed out" state even after the recharge period is over.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Jan 19th, 2010 at 11:13:43.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    the saved camera position (that you can store by pressing F7 and recall by pressing F5
    Ooh, learned something new again

I'm not really playing the game lately (studying...) but I keep thinking of small issues... :P

Zoning does not check for buffs when checking Playshift Requirement
    The playshift requirement that is checked every time you zone does not seem to take into account buffs, equipment etc. Some things 'break' when zoning while you reach the requirements, but your base stats are lower then the reqs. Examples:
    * Experimental Cyborg Token BoardRecent Topic
    * Quantum Wings (somehow I seem to remember hearing that this got fixed though)
    * Gunner's Cap (situation is a bit different here: it can be equipped in social tab, but if you zone you have to re-quip to make it show again)
    That's the only items that come to mind.

Tells do not always go to all windows where they are subscribed
    If you have multiple windows and send or receive a tell, they don't always show to all windows where they should. See this recent topic for more info.

Prototype Cyborg Token Board has TL4 requirement, but is only available from level 120
    Prototype Cyborg Token Board: To Equip User Title level >= 4
    but the quest to get it requires you to be lvl 120. It's a bit confusing. (And I do kinda miss it at lvl 100 already :P.)
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

When zoning to specific sectors in APF zone through the machines also for accessing the Grid. You get the meassage saying something like "You are not close enough" this is probably due to ISP issues but can FC increase the range on the structures..... It happens regularly
    Last edited by Grind42; Jan 19th, 2010 at 23:44:16.
    If it's not broken your not trying hard enough.

Grind42 General of Athens Paladins

when zoning with your Skill window open your skills will go funny untill you zone again. (not in a profitable way).
    And thanks for adding my other annoying thing EdtaatdE
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

I cant see the borked RK mish entrances on the first 2 posts as per http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...3&postcount=28.
    I will try to post some coords of known ones if I have time.
    Fixit69 Opi Fixer 220/30/70
    Biggmac Atrox Enf 220/30/70
    Olchfa Solitus Soldier 150/20/36
    Dicdoc Solitus Doctor 220/30/70
    Proud President of aTrox Caelestis
    Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    I have no probs admitting when I'm wrong, it just doesn't happen that often

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Zoning out of the western exit of Omni-1 Trade sticks you inside a wall. Zoning back is bugged, too - only about half of the doorway (southern half) is passable.

Thought I'd pull some exact coords to make fixing this one easier. First, Lush Fields (the entrance to Omni Trade).
    Northern boundary for zoning (everything north of this point is impassable): 3585.0, 910.4
    Should Be (based on doorway): 3585.0, 914.1
    Southern boundary for zoning: 3585.0, 905.2
    Should be: 3585.0, 909.8

As it stands, only about a quarter of the entranceway is actually passable. I think this is what's sticking people inside a wall when they zone - translating the coords from Trade to the bugged entrance in Lush Fields, much of which is in a wall. As well, the border elevation (the z coordinate) is 7.3 on the Omni Trade side where you zone (at the top of the ramp to the zone border), but the top of the ramp on the Lush Fields side is 12.5 - which means that when you pass through from Omni Trade to Lush Fields, you come out underneath that ramp.
    Last edited by mansh0; Jan 20th, 2010 at 23:29:47.

Oh, and this doesn't look quite right:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/u...ubleStatue.png

That's in the Unredeemed Garden in Ely.

When you use the lift to go down to the original 3 APFs and sector 10, if you're going to sector 10, you get an error message saying you must be level 185 to get to the original 3 APFs. It's a message from before sector 10 was introduced, but was never fixed.

Exclamation

@ OP: GJ organizing all this

Gui Issues:

Zoning messes up NCU Window!

When using the default "icon view mode" of the NCU window to show currently running programs, all programs are reshuffled after zone. You have to close/reopen the window to have the default sorting back (sorted by remaining time). Not sure if this issue is also there in "list view mode". This issue has bugged me for YEARS!

Relogging messes up Programs Window!

Opening the window with available nano programs and switching it to "list view mode" and all is fine. However, the next time I relog and open the window again there is a big emtpy space above the list of items. I alsways have this window docked in the side-bar. Not sure if this happens if it is undocked. Something is borked in layout land...
    [Real Mean Killing Machine]

-+- AOIA Homepage -+- AOIA Blog -+- Latest verison: v1.0.1 -+-

Quote Originally Posted by EdtaatdE View Post
    Prototype Cyborg Token Board has TL4 requirement, but is only available from level 120
    Along this line, the quest for the "triumphant" token boards is only available at TL5, but the items have a TL4 requirement. However, it makes sense that they are the TL5 board, since we already have TL4 and TL6 boards. It's just that the item description itself doesn't reflect that.

I don't know if I'd call it a bug or just lazy item design. Kind of like how some Keeper-only armor also carries the SL expansion requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Adjuster;5711535[SIZE=+1
    Relogging messes up Programs Window![/SIZE]

Opening the window with available nano programs and switching it to "list view mode" and all is fine. However, the next time I relog and open the window again there is a big emtpy space above the list of items. I alsways have this window docked in the side-bar. Not sure if this happens if it is undocked. Something is borked in layout land...
    Yep I get that too.

I have found as a workaround to "resize" the window slightly makes that top part jump back to the way it should be. I jusat need to "resize" a pixel or two.

Speaking of GMS, and IDK if I'm the only one...

Exiting a player shop building and pressing W to run ahead makes your character take 1 step foward then come to a dead stop. you have to release W and press it again to make your character move.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by mansh0 View Post
    That's not really a bug, just a slightly confusing display. The count column is intended to show stackable items (e.g. a stack of 100 health kits), not multiple identical items. GMS won't display more than one identical item from the same shop if they all have the same price. A common trick that sellers use is to price the items with one cred difference (e.g. first item for 5,000,000, next item for 5,000,001, next item for 5,000,002, etc.)

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast