Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Annoying small things everyone knows about yet have not been fixed

not so much a bug, but very annoying to me atleast, is crat and engi pet heals, great at tl4, but pretty much useless @ tl7, we need some SL level ones, especially to help keep the squishy pets alive!

pvp ranges are also not really a bug, but hugely outdated, pre SL, a lvl 200 fighting a 170 was ok, but a 220 fighting a 175, thats essentially a gap of 125 levels + 22 perks, incredibly unfair, 220's fighting 210's isnt completely fair, but it should be about the limit of pvp range, and also makes for some fun fights, but tl7's fighting tl5's, is just wrong, the 200-210 range again is about right, but imo, the lowest any 205 character should be able to fight would be 190, 1 title level difference!

Saetos - Last August you made a post referring to odd chat text outside of BS's. QL 75, 150 and 225 service tower text when the command /tower heal is used:

Android Service Tower: DEBUG: Heal1 -2147483648
    Android Service Tower: DEBUG: Heal2 5

Semi-Sentient Service Tower: DEBUG: Heal1 -2147483648
    Semi-Sentient Service Tower: DEBUG: Heal2 1
    Semi-Sentient Service Tower: DEBUG: Heal1 0

In inf by Xarks Lair u need to Jump to get onto the ramp... very annoying.

Make some work around, very dangerous considering all the Chaotic Hecklers around.
    If it's not broken your not trying hard enough.

Grind42 General of Athens Paladins

Quote Originally Posted by Higain View Post
    Saetos - Last August you made a post referring to odd chat text outside of BS's. QL 75, 150 and 225 service tower text when the command /tower heal is used:

Android Service Tower: DEBUG: Heal1 -2147483648
    Android Service Tower: DEBUG: Heal2 5

Semi-Sentient Service Tower: DEBUG: Heal1 -2147483648
    Semi-Sentient Service Tower: DEBUG: Heal1 0
    Oh hey, I forgot about that one. Thanks for proving replication, very cool.

By the way, a bug that actually fits the title: Bellum Badonis helmet. Mesh is tilted and sits way too far up the body (a big gap between the top of the neck and the bottom of the helmet). With this bugged, people wearing this helmet look maniacally stupid.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Found another - the old "Area change not initiated on server. You may retreat or try crossing again." bug when trying to zone out of the temple in Home after killing Beast. That's an irritating one.

Quote Originally Posted by mansh0 View Post
    Found another - the old "Area change not initiated on server. You may retreat or try crossing again." bug when trying to zone out of the temple in Home after killing Beast. That's an irritating one.
    This is a VERY common problem when trying to enter doors throughout Broken Shores. I tried mapping RP Room Locations on RK a few years ago, but never finished. While I was flying around, I didn't find a single RP Room in BS because almost every door in the zone gave me the error you mentioned.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

When glasses style items are equipped in both social and wear tabs, then 'enable social tab' is ticked, but 'show social only' is unticked, the social specs do not overwrite the equipped specs, and both are displayed.

The 'Helmet Visable' option is also inconsistant, and it's not a bug, but it would also be really nice to have a 'do not show backpiece' option, or for the photon embedded cloak to overwrite items such as the Reanimator/Nelabs cloaks from the social tab.

Actually can we not get all backpieces to overwrite each other, rather than having seperate catagories for BPs, Tanks, Cloaks, Robes etc as we do now.
    Last edited by Sheffsammie; Jan 8th, 2010 at 03:46:19. Reason: I can't spell :(
    Sheffsam (200/0 Agent) E - Drsheffsam (200/0 Doc) E - Sheffsammy (200/0 NT) E - Sheffie (200/0 Trader) E - Sheffix (200/0 Fixer) E
    Sheffs (220/30/70 Doc) Crit - Nabcake (220/30/70 NT) Cheap & Effective - Sheff (220/30/67 Agent) Equip Undecided
    RK2 Neutral - Grey Area

Camera view bug:
    Set your camera view to locked mode. Temporarily change your camera view manually (numberpad or mouse) due to environment (or whatever reason) & then move it back to the original locked position (5 on numberpad or mouse). Zone. Your camera changes to the temporary position last used, instead of the locked position. This issue continues every time you zone until you relog.

"/stuck is often useless" bug:
    Any time you are stuck & unable to sit down, you can not properly use the /stuck command because the process requires you to sit before you can continue on to the next step in the /stuck process. If it is a "meep exploit" concern that requires the toon to sit, then just make it a longer wait time if the toon is not in a sitting position. Also, if the toon has to do a second /stuck, move the toon to a different location than where the system placed it for the last /stuck resolution attempt. There is absolutely no reason we should have to /terminate or wait around for hours in a petition queue because we fell into the geometry.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Jan 8th, 2010 at 05:46:04.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Give us some means to re-open the "Overflow" window easily, like a button in the main inventory. Or, even better, don't let it be closed at all!

It is very annoying when you tradeskill something, get overflow, and accidentally close the Overflow window.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

-Chests in CoH won't open.
    Rubennib [220/30 keeper]
    Darooses [220/23 crat]
    Rubedoc [220/25 doc]
    Keritan [220/25 enf]

and a few more.

- S13 fence kill pets.
    - S28 rookie and S35 towers tabbable.
    - Sean Power takes agro from AoE attacks (eg. mongo).
    - In RK missions all human mobs not tabbable.
    AO PvP: "Scissors are over powered. Rock is fine." - Paper

Quote Originally Posted by Blumax View Post
    - S13 fence kill pets.
    - S28 rookie and S35 towers tabbable.
    Features.

Use Pet Warp in 13 and make sure Rookie is same faction as the caller in 28. And make sure to use assist and a good caller in 35. Not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Blumax View Post
    - In RK missions all human mobs not tabbable.
    Depends on your faction and the NPCs faction.

Basically, if youre neut and the mission is full of neut NPCs, youre stuffed.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Should Be Non-Uniuqe: Empty Data Recepticle Container.

I understand fully why the 'full' item should be unique. But If you have a full one AND and empty one in your inventory and use the full one. Well you just lost the empty forever. "You already have this unique item"

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but I've experienced it for the entire 1.5 years I've been playing AO:

The zone boundary between Omni Trade and Lush Fields appears to be "offset". When zoning from Omni Trade to Lush Fields (going to Harry's) I have have to run along the left side of the tunnel in order to meet the zone boundary and after I zone, I end up "below" the slope of the exit tunnel. I either have to jump up to land on top of the slope or strafe left and pop out the side of the tunnel. When zoning from Lush Fields to Omni Trade (returning from Harry's) I have to run along the right side of the tunnel in order to zone into Omni Trade. I don't think there are any problems with being "in the floor" on the Omni Trade side.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Zoning from newland city to newland from the gate will usually bug and then toss you into the lake. Then you swim to shore and it then rezones you normally. Sometimes its really annoying.
    Juhan - 199 enf
    Zozikel - 180 advy
    Haabalaka - 177 doc
    Ladies - 176 doc
    Gentlemen - 199 crat
    Hesburger - 176 soldier
    + more alts

Add to the list while i think

The jump off / walk off into XARK & RAZORS' Lair bugs soooo often it's just not funny.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Three Smug kills, 0 little brown book drops. Please increase this droprate (and/or check to make sure it does in fact still drop).

Edit: It drops. Still, annoyingly bad droprate.
    Last edited by mansh0; Jan 17th, 2010 at 01:16:59.

I really dislike the zoning bug in the classic backyards. Sometime instead of zoning, it warps you to one of the corners of the PF.

Really crappy when im trying to drain a BY leet before the timer runs out.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

NPC dialogue seems to be parsed very oddly. A lot of the time it's missing periods and spaces at the end of a sentence, where the script waits for the next line. Here's an example from Pulcinella in Reet Retreat:

The atrox pulls out a long nosed mask and starts "performing"And it has to be said as it is...This is patheticUtterly patheticYou motion for "Pulcinella" to stop making fool of himself and then you say in a low voice...

Not sure what's causing that, maybe it's an easy global fix. Hopefully it doesn't require rewriting all the broken NPC's dialogue scripts.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast