Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Annoying small things everyone knows about yet have not been fixed

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    Please add an owner 'tag' (anything to identify with 100% certainty whose pet it is) in every logged output concerning pets, so the makers of damage dumpers can actually implement it.

For example, let's say there's a crat named "Somecrat" and his pet is named "SomeNonUniquePetName",
    and there's an engi named "Someengi" whose pet is also called "SomeNonUniquePetName", so instead of:

"SomeNonUniquePetName hit Beast for 2345 points of melee damage."
    "SomeNonUniquePetName hit Beast for 3456 points of melee damage."

it should give something like:
    "Somecrat's pet SomeNonUniquePetName hit Beast for 2345 points of melee damage."
    "Someengi's pet SomeNonUniquePetName hit Beast for 3456 points of melee damage."

The biggest problem is when crats charm mobs in pande/missions, that bare the same name throughout the whole zone/mission.

Seems like a very easy thing to implement... wtb ! (ever since I started making zDD)

Please, no one give me workarounds, since there aren't any that will work 100% of the time with 100% accuracy, there's a way to break them all.
    (example: how to reliably tell what charmed pet belongs to who, if you have 2 crats, that aren't you, both of which charmed a blue pande mob, and used /pet hunt - before you got to see them getting charmed and given that command)
    This is actually a SUGGESTION and not a bug per se. Might want to repost this in the suggestions area.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBishop View Post
    What.

I was on Testlive when the daily mission offices were first added. I reported this exact problem. They gave me bughunter points for it and everything, making me believe that the problem would be looked at. And it's still there, in Live???

Why bother having players bugtest for you if you're not going to fix the things they report?
    Yep, I already noticed this when it was on test as well and had somebody look at it. I do believe it happens less frequently now: I noticed it directly when I checked out that area on test, but took me probably a year to notice it on live .

Also: it's good that they now about the bugs. Some bugs might just not be worth the resources to fix it immidiatly. Bugtesting really is necessary to fix game-breaking buffs though.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBishop View Post
    Why bother having players bugtest for you if you're not going to fix the things they report?
    So that they have a list of bugs.

Nobody said they would be fixed the next patch to live since they were reported, or that they'd be fixed at all if they're not deemed important enough.

*shrug*
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

20 pages. Sorry, i'm not gonna read through em all. :P

Rubberbanding....
    This is extreme in penumbra lately. Almost impossible to do anything in that zone. You'll have to relog 4-5 times for it to behave properly.

Also, strafejumping off a slope/hill seems to make you rubberband in to the position you had before jump. Hard to explain, can probably youtube it for ya

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

NPC dialogue error:

On Roch Garden quest when talking to Hypnagogic Urga-Xum Roch in garden, dialogue goes like:
    Code:
    Hypnagogic Urga-Xum Roch: You earned passage to the Garden of Roch.
    The Sipius nods his head slowly.
    Hypnagogic Urga-Xum Roch: I am Hypnagogic Urga-Xum Roch.
    And when returning after killing Min-Ji Liu, dialogue goes like:
    Code:
    The Sipius nods his head slowly.
    Hypnagogic Urga-Xum Roch: Welcome back, Player.
    AO PvP: "Scissors are over powered. Rock is fine." - Paper

Whatever you do, do NOT fall into the sea of lava around Unredeemed tempel in Inferno.
    It can be tough to get out of there.

Even though there's rocks protruding out of the water that can be sat upon to execute /stuck (if you can dodge the "you can't execute this action while falling") it will put you back into the sea of lava. /petitions with "stuck" in the sentence will flat out refuse to go through before you tried using the /stuck system. However the /stuck system doesnt work and the /petition system doesn't seem to notice you used /stuck.

So, there's only two ways out: a Veteran recall beacon and on NE corner there's some rock formation overhanging into the sea of lava. If you manage to get inside the rock geometry you are able to jump onto the surrounding ledge of the sea and then you just need to find the spot out of the geometry again.
    Tired of having endless amounts of pocketboss patterns taking up space in your bank?

Bump this!

Ok, this has been irking me for some time. I still find myself looking for the incorrect item in shop terminals as a result:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=search&name=hacker+tool

The name for "Hacker Tool" and "Advanced Hacker Tool" are reversed. "Hacker Tool" is the QL 200 version and the "ADVANCED Hacker Tool" is the QL 1 version.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Nano Crystal (Shackles of Obediance)

is typed differently from the nano Shackles of Obedience

(e vs a)

figured that one out after a solid 2-3 hours or rolling

The lower level token boards can be leveled up by right-clicking it in your inventory, provided you have sufficient tokens.
    However, if you right-click it while it's equipped, you receive a message about needing to unequip items before you can delete them.

i hate when nanos 'freeze up' on the hotbar :/

Another one, I just ran into:

Not all hotkeys are listed in the Configuration. One is the hotkey for opening Chat Configuration. That one is especially important, since you HAVE to use it to reactivate your Chat, once you closed all your chat windows (for whatever reason). It is SHIFT+C btw. But it's not in the list and therefore hard to find. I was actually quicker edititing chat-config-XML files than finding the hotkey. so it would be good to add it to the list.

greets.
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    Another one, I just ran into:

Not all hotkeys are listed in the Configuration. One is the hotkey for opening Chat Configuration. That one is especially important, since you HAVE to use it to reactivate your Chat, once you closed all your chat windows (for whatever reason). It is SHIFT+C btw. But it's not in the list and therefore hard to find. I was actually quicker edititing chat-config-XML files than finding the hotkey. so it would be good to add it to the list.

greets.
    You can also re-enable chat windows from your friends list.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    Ok, this has been irking me for some time. I still find myself looking for the incorrect item in shop terminals as a result:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=search&name=hacker+tool

The name for "Hacker Tool" and "Advanced Hacker Tool" are reversed. "Hacker Tool" is the QL 200 version and the "ADVANCED Hacker Tool" is the QL 1 version.
    Wow! Ninja fixed in 18.4.9. Advanced Hacker Tool is now QL 200 and Hacker Tool is QL 1 !!!!
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

It's not a bug, but the latest mail from FC about the Veteran and Hardcore Packs is bringing it into my mind again:

Why am I technically paying more for the same stuff than anyone who is charged in US $, only because I live in Europe?

Because... 90$ are roughly 65 € worth, and 90 € are like 125 $ ... I want the good old times back where -everyone- paid their bills in US $ >.< Or an adjustment to the conversion rate.

/rant
    Last edited by Thaylia; Oct 25th, 2011 at 19:27:01.
    Thaylia - Martial Artist
    Spellseeker - Nanotechnician
    Kahja - Doctor

"Authenticity is achieved by saying what you´re doing, and doing what you´re saying." - Johannes Rau
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Socializer 80%, Explorer 53%, Achiever 53%, Killer 13%

Turning off Nano-effects turns off too much and you often miss out other imporant visual effects aswell.

It should be more customaziable, so we can turn off the notumcloud after each buff and glows/sparkles, but keep other effects...like stun and root, etc. Vanguards in WA welcomes u 2 OA btw...go away!

There's one thing, that is very annoying for fixers:

If we die, but at the same time meep out. (this happens a lot during tara raids for example):
    - We die
    - see the white screen
    - spawn
    - "Executing nanoprogram Reckless Digitalisation"
    - We're in grid, with 1 hp. No hd. in rez. and crippled.

Getting my behind back in battle will take very long.
    A possible solution is to always carry ql20 medkits with me.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Please keep these coming.

These reports help drastically - we (the ARK Bug Hunters) have been working our way through them, and we're going to need new bugs and/or reports soon!

<Insert standard ARK volunteer disclaimer>

- Nerf
    The Secret World Gameplay Designer "Nerf" Nirvelle

"I used to be a GM, then I took an Ur-Draug in the knee"

Former GM Nirvelle
    Former ARK Bug Hunter Director
    Funcom
    Anarchy Online | The Secret World | Age of Conan | Bloodline Champions | Pets vs Monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvelle View Post
    These reports help drastically - we (the ARK Bug Hunters) have been working our way through them, and we're going to need new bugs and/or reports soon!
    Pandemonium will freeze over before we run out of annoying small things.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    30 second lockout on searching the forums, annoying as HELL
    Yes, but that one is on purpose...

If you're wondering why it took me this long to answer this, its because Belaroth has been working his bughunter-ish way through the thread, and just reminded me that this one was here.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Put this in Game suggestions but really it is a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Everytime I have to make bags of crystals I end up being completely infuriated by the process.

Right now I'm trying to make QL 300 crystals and I'm at a QL 255 Omni CT on my MP.

I cast the Boon nano and it makes a

Code:
    Temporary: Unpolluted Crystal
    Temporary: 54s
    Right clicking it with the CT targeted sometimes produces a

Code:
    Crystal Filled by the Source
    Quality level: 300
    Charges: 1 (Splitable)
    and at other times I right click and one of the following happens:

- Unpolluted Crystal does not change to a Crystal Filled by the source, instead it just stays in my inventory as an item.. doesn't disappear after 54s

- It produces a Crystal Filled by the Source but when I try to move the crystal I get the message: (13:13) Temporary items can't be moved into a bag!

- Unpolluted Crystal disappears and no Filled crystal remains at all.

This is very annoying and has been a problem for as long as I've played a MP (Ameliaamp was born on Tue Jun 22 23:50:00 2004). Any plans to fix this??
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast