Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Annoying small things everyone knows about yet have not been fixed

If you read the description, that's actually very intended.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

WTB fixes! Paying well! PST
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Onack View Post
    I think he means in scheol, before ergo, there is TONS of spirits that will eat trough your hp and remove all your nano way before slow ergo is finished talking.
    I think in a thread of things that still need fixed, we could put stuff like this into one single item called "All of Scheol"

I can haz Scheol fix plz?

Quote Originally Posted by patrick187 View Post
    I think in a thread of things that still need fixed, we could put stuff like this into one single item called "All of Scheol"

I can haz Scheol fix plz?
    Don't need a fix, you need to work smarter, not harder. Get fixer buffs, run PAST ergo until you lose aggro, then go back to ergo. Or, get a crat to calm the way, or a team to kill and clear the path, or ask orgmates/friends for help.

It's a pain, yes. Very much intended, area is where Tier 1 novictum is farmed.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Hoping to put some of the stuff here out to pasture come next patch.

Plix plox dev team! I know you must have extra time between the engine, rebalance, new player experience, new APF, alien dailies and fixing exploits!
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Hoping to put some of the stuff here out to pasture come next patch.
    The missing NPC section (Aban Mord) is supposedly fixed, so it should be updated. I have no idea where to look for him to check it, but I guess they didn't include it even in the patch notes if he wasn't actually added to where he belongs.

So that makes 2 (well, two and a half) out of... A lot.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    The missing NPC section (Aban Mord) is supposedly fixed, so it should be updated. I have no idea where to look for him to check it, but I guess they didn't include it even in the patch notes if he wasn't actually added to where he belongs.
    WTB Omlet volunteer to check this!
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

I'm sorry, ignored thread, were doing more broken content atm!
    Fumbling Ydernola Fingers - Lvl 220 / 25 / 68 NT Equip
    Dragon Thleed Slayer - Lvl 220 / 28 / 70 Doctor - Equip
    Agro Magy Magnet 220 / 30 / 70 Soldier Equip (Ungimping in progress)
    The Xopxop Machine - Luvchild - Lvl 174 / 19 Advie Equip
    Apparatchikk 174/16 Crat
    Belchior 220 / 16 Keeper

And 8 more unfinished projects...

President of Asgard & Midgard

Descriptions of Gallant Slave nano crystals for crats start with info for the robot buff-line, before changing to the charm buff-line descriptions. All but the Vengeful Toiler and Enraged Slave have this problem in the nano crystal, the nano program itself is correctly described but the crystal is not.
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Don't need a fix, you need to work smarter, not harder. Get fixer buffs, run PAST ergo until you lose aggro, then go back to ergo. Or, get a crat to calm the way, or a team to kill and clear the path, or ask orgmates/friends for help.

It's a pain, yes. Very much intended, area is where Tier 1 novictum is farmed.
    I would agree if it was only something like caterwauling minx on the way out of Ely (but imo this is unnecessary already), or if it was a road to something optional.

But this is THE road, the only one you can take to Ado and everyone must go there at some point. But apparently it was nice and all right because MORE spirits were added for the quest lines afterwards.

It could be challenging like Ado to Pen, or Pen to Inf, but it's a brick wall that happens too early, to abruptly, and serve only to lose more players at TL5.

But as mentioned Scheol can have it's list on its own.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Inferno sometimes got green grass instead of redish ground close to portal to penumbra, it becomes worse if view distance is set to lower. And is linked to which direction you are viewing Example: http://mariuseg.tihlde.org/images/inf_bug.jpg

That's because of the moisture & cold air blowing through the portal from Penumbra. It is working as intended.™

j/k
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Ok, done some more research on the inferno light/color bug:

http://mariuseg.tihlde.org/images/infredbug.jpg

two first is from south inferno, two next is from north inferno

Most of inferno isnt red at all, I had to run around a lot to actually find some area that turned red, and it definitely seem to be related to view distance.

Dodge the blame (crat evade perk) casts a nano, very easy to see in instances like db2 when your nanoinit is healily debuffed when a quake hits.
    (And it's not good, because when this happens it takes like 4-5 sec for the perk to hit me and that's no good since i get critted with -2k evades that i get from the quake thingy)
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Oct 25th, 2010 at 11:28:03.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Zoning out of the inner backyards most often result in a failed zone change (and maybe warp to the back of the zone) unless you are walking.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Ceratinly not game breaking, but can be added to the list of the incorrect item descriptions: The third upgrade for the Cloak of the Reanimated Illusionist does not say (3/5) after it. Not a big deal, but it kind of freaks you out like maybe you had made the TL6 only version by mistake. And it's the only one out of all the cloaks that does not have the (x/5) after it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Might be some error in game mechanic, but when interrupting mob's nano casting, you still get message that mob's nano is landing on you. Like this:
    Kyr'Ozch Technician's execution of Viral Definement got interrupted by (Player or pet)..
    Kyr'Ozch Technician forces your NCU to run Viral Definement...
    AO PvP: "Scissors are over powered. Rock is fine." - Paper

Quote Originally Posted by Onack View Post
    Inferno sometimes got green grass instead of redish ground close to portal to penumbra, it becomes worse if view distance is set to lower. And is linked to which direction you are viewing Example: http://mariuseg.tihlde.org/images/inf_bug.jpg
    Dang, I thought that was only me.

I like this thread, and wish this is the stuff the Devs worked on...and I mean making this list shorter, not longer with all the new broken stuff.

I was able to scrub "NCU sort order" bug off the list, as it appears to have been fixed.

Any other ninja patches?
    Ranged roxxorz!

Not in this patch, but GMS seems to work properly (needs only 1 use) both when opened by right clicking and hitting the "use" key.
    It's currently listed only as partially fixed.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast