Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Annoying small things everyone knows about yet have not been fixed

Back home again, updates inc tomorrow.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Massive change log - I bet I ninja patched some things in that I forgot from these also I certainly omitted some things as judgment calls on whether they're design or annoying, plus some recent rubberband issues as they don't really fit the theme of this thread until they've been there for at least a year

These are in no order except possibly orders in appearance. If you feel I made an evil omission, please post here.

The posts are too big for 2 posts so I'll have to count on the moderators for help. Now, it's really late, and I need to get to sleep.

• Ring of nightmare not equipping from backpacks.
    • Tells do not always go to all windows where they are subscribed
    • Relogging messes up Programs Window!
    • GMS column order configuration and the "sort by" column selection is not persistent,
    • GMS column visibility rules don't work.
    • Getting blinded turns fog back on.
    • Items in Inventory Screen Blanks
    • Double Spaced Backpacks
    • Morph camera issues
    • PW borg camp invisible wall
    • Team window HP bug
    • Wrong sounds on many mobs
    • When performing an Org city alien raid. If a ranged character pulls the wave of aliens all the aliens will be out of sync for a while making for a fun time for all melee characters.
    • Added ”Walking out of backyards helps proper zoning” clue.
    • Added other Scheol gardens / sanctuaries to the list.
    • Added info on yalm auto-level feature.
    • Added ”Cave on the east side of the 160 incarnator in Scheol.
    • In team LE/RK missions ghost mobs
    • Negative runspeed makes strafing reversed.
    • Planetmap recentering unwantedly
    • Extra mission markers in top left
    • Some perks require a friendly/hostile target to be selected when executed for naught.
    • Camera sensitivity issues
    • Strafe + mouse rotate
    • Target NCU windows only close from F10
    • Inspected equipment looks OE even though it isn't.
    • Inferno ”ramp to jump off” wants to push you into lava.
    • Jobe platform → harbor faces you in the wrong direction.
    • Yalms aren't waterproof.
    • You cannot perform this action while falling" when standing on a corner or edge.
    • Init debuffs affect things cast by others on you.
    • While zoning from SL to RK, game zooms out RK planet map for one notch
    • Can't rotate your char with mouse, once you sit down. However, it's possible to do so via keyboard.
    • Mouse interaction is odd in that it doesn't register what's under the mouse unless you move the mouse.
    • Relog from LD when player is logged in results in lost stats.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

9. GUI and Chat Issues

GUI buttons mask tooltips when not visible (broken, 2010-06-06)
    GUI menu buttons, once their menu is collapsed and they are no longer visible, leave a "mask" behind that prevents other menu buttons displayed later at the same location from displaying their tooltips. Of buttons sharing the same area, the one displayed last (of all which can be displayed there) will from then on mask out the tooltips for all buttons displayed there previously.

Active chat window not changing when it ostensibly should (not broken)
    When you have several chat windows only 1 is active and reacts on pressing enter so that you can type. If you click on the channel name it changes the active channel of that chat window to the channel you clicked on.
    Ok, this all makes sense, now comes the issue: if you click the channel it doesn't change the active chat window! Even though clicking the channel is a clear indication you want to type in that chat window.

No, it's only a clear indication you want to send text into that chat window from the currently used window without having to switch to it first.

Relogging messes up Programs Window (broken, 2010-??-??)
    Opening the nano programs window and switching it to "list view mode" works fine. But relogging then opening the window again in list mode results in a large blank space above the list of programs. This happens at least when the window is locked.

Tells do not always go to all windows where they are subscribed (broken, 2010-??-??)
    When tells are subscribed to multiple windows, received tells will go only to a random subset of them.
    Once a tell is sent to a player from a window subscribed to tells, replies from that player will only appear in that window even if others are also subscribed to tells. To fix this, a tell has to be sent from an unsubscribed window or through a direct tell window to that player.

Double spaced backpacks (broken, 2010-??-??)
    If backpacks are grouped into a single window, sometimes when opening such a backpack its icons will be double spaced (grey gaps between the rows). This can usually be fixed by closing all windows in the group then reopening them.

Hotkey to hide Rollup Panel ineffective (broken, 2010-??-??)
    It used to be possible to hide the Rollup Panel with the backslash key, but it got broken in a patch and never fixed.

Target NCU windows close button ineffective (broken, 2010-??-??)
    The "close" button on the Fighting / Nano Target NCU Windows doesn't work; they can only be closed via the checkboxes in the Options window.

Items in Inventory window blank slots (broken, 2010-??-??)
    When the inventory window is resized in a way that the total number of slots doesn't fill it entirely, blank slots are added to the last row. A graphical bug makes it possible to put items into these blanks making it appear as if there's still free inventory space when there isn't.

Mouse interaction oddity (broken, 2010-??-??)
    The client doesn't check what's currently under the pointer on a mouse click, only when the pointer was moved (and maybe when using the scroll wheel). It's a problem when a new window was opened under the pointer and a mouse button is pressed: the event will still go to the GUI element behind the new window.

Partial team join (broken, 2010-??-??)
    When accepting a team invite which was originally sent during the zoning process (while the client appears to be frozen), the invited player often can't see some or all of the team members in the team window and/or their messages in team chat, while the rest of the team can see him just fine. The leader needs to kick and reinvite him to fix this.
    Last edited by eroz_c; Jun 28th, 2010 at 15:57:33.
    Ranged roxxorz!

Mods, please lift the above post to the 3rd in this thread if it's possible in any way.
    Ranged roxxorz!

Meh, I just realized the next job is checking all listed things for correction due to ninja patching various things into live servers with recent patches... That's gonna need an army of volunteers for sure
    Ranged roxxorz!

Great work eroz. Thanks.

I really want to bump on the Newland City Specialty Shop door problem. When I try to go in to use the trader shop, I get rubberbanded away. After many various attempts that include running, walking, side-stepping, /disco, /facepalm, etc... I can manage to get in. Other times when I'm running past, get zoned in after I'm well past the doorway. Clearly the "zone boundary" for that doorway is somewhere other than where it should be.

Also zoning out of either the Clan or Omni Freelancer Agency will put you 90 degrees from where you ought to be pointing if you stepped out of the door.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Thanks for the compliments - soon I'll have to condense the posts in order to make the 3 posts fit into 2...

I am kind of torn on whether to add the rubberbanding issues to this thread since they're relatively new, relatively severe and probably require more attention than being just one item out of 300 in this thread. I hope you see my point.
    Ranged roxxorz!

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Meh, I just realized the next job is checking all listed things for correction due to ninja patching various things into live servers with recent patches... That's gonna need an army of volunteers for sure
    A small suggestion regarding this.
    It would probably help to add a "last checked" date to the currently unresolved issues so that if anyone feels like re-testing any of them, they can assess how much time passed since it was last tested; the longer an issue went without re-testing, the more chance there is that it may have been ninja-fixed by some patch in the meantime.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Jun 18th, 2010 at 09:48:07.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    A small suggestion regarding this.
    It would probably help to add a "last checked" date to the currently unresolved issues so that if anyone feels like re-testing any of them, they can assess how much time passed since it was last tested; the longer an issue went without re-testing, the more chance there is that it may have been ninja-fixed by some patch in the meantime.
    Good idea. It means using more characters in posts though which are limiting the top posts at the moment
    Ranged roxxorz!

This may have been reported earlier - I've lost track - but the PFMap still sometimes blacks out if you have it open in your GUI when you log in. Opening and closing it restores the map but it's yet another one of those small, annoying rituals one has to do that really shouldn't need to be done.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Good idea. It means using more characters in posts though which are limiting the top posts at the moment
    Try to shave off of parts which can be found in each entry.
    Instead of
    -----
    Issue header
    Issue description. More description. Stuff.

-----
    you could use:

-----
    Issue header (open, 2010-06-18)
    Issue description. More description. Stuff.
    -----

You could also remove the "related" word from each category header.

Reword issue descriptions wherever possible to be more to the point.

For example:
    "Prophet Abad Mord. For everyone who hasn't heard of him, he's an Unredeemed NPC that technically doesn't exist, but should. Clan folks have a quest NPC which they can trade Chosen insignias to in exchange for Faithful insignias. Mord was supposed to be the opposite, but for some unknown reason never made it ingame, leaving Omni players who want Tier 3 armor the options of either buying an insignia, borrowing one or losing faction."
    ->
    "Prophet Abad Mord. Unredeemed NPC that should esxist but it doesn't. Clan folks have a quest NPC which gives Chosen insignias in excahnge for Faithful ones. Mord was supposed to do the same for Omni."

Yes, it would be a lot of work. Honestly, if I had access to those posts, I'd help condensing/organizing them, instead of just telling you what you should try to do...

Hmm... I have one post on the first page (#8). We could move a post's worth of stuff there instead of its current content. If you tell me (PM, maybe?) what should be moved there, I could gather the selected entries, edit the post, then if it looks the way you want it, you could remove those entries from your own posts to make room for others.

One more thing. Since the compiled posts are now spread throughout the whole thread, you should add links to each ot them pointing to the previous/next one to make it easier to follow them, and maybe add a list of links to the OP pointing to all compiled posts which are scattered throughout the thread.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Jun 18th, 2010 at 17:47:19.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Another really minor one, and I know that this is somewhat random and doesn't affect everyone: but it is often raining *inside* the Omni daily mission agency for me.
    Last edited by Lliers; Jun 19th, 2010 at 15:06:39.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    Another really minor one, and I know that this is somewhat random and doesn't affect everyone: but it is often raining in the Omni daily mission agency for me.
    Hehe seems fitting

Thought of something: When you're trading between two persons and one of the person's inventory is full, you completely have to cancel trade and start over again. Creating a flow-over, performing the trade once inventory-space has been made or not removing the "accept"-popup so that it can be clicked again, allowing for the trade to complete; are all possible solutions.

Also: "Fractured Nightmare" rings give an error when trying to swap them with something in a backpack: "You can't move temporary items to a backpack." (or similar). If they are temporary items they sure last very long :O. And moving them to a backpack from inventory is no problem . There might be other items in this category, but this is the one that annoys me .
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Specialization 4 Book 4 does sometime not be given as quest reward for Penumbra questline "Xan Civilization" even though it is supposed to be.
    Petitioning this will give you the book, means it is a bug.

Edit: talked to a friend about this, seems to be sub TL7 that does not recieve this item.

Had this happen to my soldier in TL7 BS the other day, and have had it on several other lower alts before:

Sometimes, for no apparent reason, the "turn" keys stop turning your char, and just strafe instead. Relogging usually fixes it, or if you're patient and wait long enough, it starts to work again.

It's quite disastrous when you're doing PVP or kiting.

I have no idea what triggers it or what makes it go away, it seems completely random. Several org mates report also having experienced this problem.

Also worth noting, a sudden lag spike can lower stats (particularly noticeable on my NT, who suddenly found her MC skill 30 points too low in mid-kite). Zoning or relogging will fix it, but it's really irritating.

I think last issue is if you LD without beeing aware of it, you loose org and tower benefits. Atleast it was this earlier. Someone with a less stabile connection might confirm this.

Not sure if already mentioned, but auto-afk and manual afk trigers chat with NPCs repetable atleast with Newland Militia Guards. Old feature I think from days when there wasn't chat interface for NPCs...

Not sure best fix would likely be remove either effect from /me or get guards not to respond to /me is afk and /me is back...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by onack View Post
    I think last issue is if you LD without beeing aware of it, you loose org and tower benefits. Atleast it was this earlier. Someone with a less stabile connection might confirm this.
    I'd have thought that....except it also happened on an orgless froob of mine with no towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwifruits View Post
    I'd have thought that....except it also happened on an orgless froob of mine with no towers.
    I have also noticed a few of my toons losing up to 100 points in nano skills lately, despite being fully buffed. I rebuff the toon & everything is "back to normal". As to location when it occurred, I do not remember at this time. I will try to make notes of the details if it happens again.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast