Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Annoying small things everyone knows about yet have not been fixed

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    /tipoftheday

(and, even if it's not it, it's related: F10 -> GUI -> Misc -> Tutorial tip enabled)

Been there since forever...
    Except they are not doing what you assume they are doing.

/tipoftheday simply pops up the first item in the current (and outdated) set of tips on user request in an InfoView, which is not how an actual tip of the day system works.
    Not to mention how would a new player know that he needs to issue a chat command to start what's still left of the tip of the day system?

And the tutorial tip setting in options only re-enables those very few messages of the 80+ that exists alltogether which still has an effective event trigger (like selecting another player, and maybe half a dozen other things at most). The rest never gets displayed even though there's a fair amount of useful information there.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Am I the only person who gets this? I have "pop-up's" turned on. This is the thing that makes a little floating pop-up appear when your mouse hovers over an item in your inventory, equipment tab, or backpack. It's nice for me because I often never remember what something's icon is and now that everything is getting new icons, I need it more than ever, but when I move my mouse away, instead of the pop-up immediately disappearing, it stays up forever (or at least it seems that way) until I mouse-over something else or click somewhere (anywhere). So if I don't do anything, I end up with a little box in the middle of my screen blocking my view.

Edit: Ok, I've been trying to see what the exact conditions are that causes the "never go away pop-ups" and I can't figure it out. Sometimes it works perfectly, and other times I get a "basic treatment kit" or "small backpack" pop-up window hanging around.
    Last edited by Lliers; Jul 12th, 2010 at 14:40:06.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    Yeah. The dead enfo lying on the floor that miraculously rises up to hit you three more times can be a bit annoying (although a lot of fun when it's you lying dead on the floor).
    Yea, it's hilarious to be able to Dimach someone as a finishing blow to kill them... while you're dead. It's hard to get it to trigger, but if you spam specials about a millisecond before you die you can launch it and then keep the attack going (without specials) until you finally die.

Also wanna bring up some bad bugs: meshes.

Fuzzy Nano Input Hood (and possibly the other hoods) looks TERRIBLE. On at least Opifex females, the face mesh balloons and appears stretched on the left side, and there's a very weird "chin-guard" that makes the face looks like it's wrapped in a vomit-colored cocoon. Take this as a heart-felt suggestion: copy the mesh-
    mold of the Smart Hood of the Wanderer and paint it the appropriate colors for each of those hoods - and for every other hood in game. The chin-guard looks ridiculous.

The Bellum Badonis helmet is, by far, the worst helmet mesh in game. On all male toons, the helmet mesh actually erases the neck mesh, elevates the head, and tips it slightly forward, and it just looks ... I'm sorry, but it looks retarded. I hate looking at the damn helmet. For some very strange reason, the helmet looks great on Atroxes, whose heads sit almost in the center of their necks.

Male toons (Opifexes may be the only breed affected by this, but others may test) suffer from a clipping bug with tank armors. Running forward pushes the tank-mesh into the stomach and out the back, and this also happens when casting nanos - the bottom-half of the tank vanishes into the character and is pushed backwards.
    Last edited by Saetos; Jul 20th, 2010 at 15:32:18.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Level requirements on PocketBoss pattern combine... WHYYYYYY ?!!
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium View Post
    Level requirements on PocketBoss pattern combine... WHYYYYYY ?!!
    THIS.

Why?
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

There's also the case of perk executions continuing after your target dies, potentially causing a "double-death" to your opponent.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Previously mezzed/calmed mobs warp around when they are agged, perks claim they are out of range when they are standing on you etc.

Daring Antidote Stim, used to cure Daring Syndrome, casts it's 60% resistance (to the Daring line) before casting a 'cure' nano in your NCU which overwrites Daring Syndrome which means that you have a 60% chance of resisting the cure! Not just further attacks by an AI general attempting to cast Daring Syndrome on you.

The stim does state that "most are cured" so it seems reasonable that not everyone is, but 60% is more like most don't get cured. In the four people who got hit by it today (where I discovered this) only one of us got cured.

Bug or not I don't know.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    [
    Missing NPCs (broken, 2010-??-??)
    • Prophet Abad Mord. Unredeemed NPC that should exist but doesn't. Clan folks have a quest NPC which gives Chosen insignias in exchange for Faithful ones. Mord was supposed to do the same for Omni but apparently never made it into the game."

I've spoken to Lindelu about this, atm the Prophet is where he should be on their internal test server, so he will eventually find his way into the live servers also.
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Daring Antidote Stim, used to cure Daring Syndrome, casts it's 60% resistance (to the Daring line) before casting a 'cure' nano in your NCU which overwrites Daring Syndrome which means that you have a 60% chance of resisting the cure! Not just further attacks by an AI general attempting to cast Daring Syndrome on you.

The stim does state that "most are cured" so it seems reasonable that not everyone is, but 60% is more like most don't get cured. In the four people who got hit by it today (where I discovered this) only one of us got cured.

Bug or not I don't know.
    I've petitioned about that once, got the answer that that's it working as intended, Aka you might need to use the cure more than once.
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

When an tower site is destroyed, the org who had the most damage on the ct gets 20 minutes to plant it before it becomes free-for-all. After 20 minutes, the faction that lost has the opportunity to "ninja" the site, which the winning faction then kills, which starts another 20 minute timer. This kind of useless pvp can go on for hours.

It would be better if the org who got damage had 10 minutes to plant, then for the next 10 minutes, anyone of the winning faction could plant.

Or, keep unplanted sites at 25% so the winning faction can kill would-be "ninjaers".

Actually, I think implementing both of those ideas would be best.

How about that ramp to Adonis who, since SL launch, been loaded with adds and more adds and if you fight back you get even more adds.

It is impossible to someone to reach Adonis at the intended level unless a 165+ take their hand and give them a tour. And if you get on top of the road, you get zerged by spirits.

As I write this I died twice on trader, with help, getting up there. This is imo the absolute worst place in AO to be, because it's an 'highway' you are required to get through. All this content can be 'pushed' aside or simply removed.

Also :

The Bellum Badonis helmet is, by far, the worst helmet mesh in game. On all male toons, the helmet mesh actually erases the neck mesh, elevates the head, and tips it slightly forward, and it just looks ... I'm sorry, but it looks retarded. I hate looking at the damn helmet. For some very strange reason, the helmet looks great on Atroxes, whose heads sit almost in the center of their necks.
    It loads the Atrox model on non Atrox. You can get sometimes the right one when equipping but as soon as you zone you get the atrox head, which looks bad because it's made for a neckless model.
    Last edited by boltgun; Aug 10th, 2010 at 18:28:43.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Not sure if it still does, but when I've logged in with Kitty form and then stood up, the camera has been off to the side of my character looking forward, kind of like a bazooka-cam view.

The camera should revert to the same position regardless of the login when you stand up and move.

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    How about that ramp to Adonis who, since SL launch, been loaded with adds and more adds and if you fight back you get even more adds.

It is impossible to someone to reach Adonis at the intended level unless a 165+ take their hand and give them a tour. And if you get on top of the road, you get zerged by spirits.
    Go down the hall to the right instead of through the pool. There are garden entrances there as well.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Go down the hall to the right instead of through the pool. There are garden entrances there as well.
    I think he means in scheol, before ergo, there is TONS of spirits that will eat trough your hp and remove all your nano way before slow ergo is finished talking.

doing that /stuck at someplaces at inferno warps ye in weird places like inside mountain is one of my personal favourites and i think relatively many knows the place where this happens :S

Quote Originally Posted by Graviuz View Post
    doing that /stuck at someplaces at inferno warps ye in weird places like inside mountain is one of my personal favourites and i think relatively many knows the place where this happens :S
    This is also in scheol, warps you a lot of times below ground in places where you cannot zone down to RK.

In the SL starting zone the primairy quest giver, Drake Rodriguez, seems to drop of his platform sometimes. This is annoying cause he will land on water and can't be interacted with until he resets. I've only seen this on RK2.

Extended location information:
    - 412.0, 353.1, 30.0 (412.0 353.1 y 30.0 2532866)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51102:4313 GS=1 SG=3221229473 R=2532866, resource: 4313
    - zone: 170, area: "Nascense Training Grounds"
    Version: 18.3.12_EP1, map id: 18.3.12.0_13.08.2010_14.19.17, build: 48995.

Petitioned this a few times but every new char I make has seen this once or twice in the quest chain and so far have not seen an improvement.
    Weird thing is, GM can see drake on top, I down below, solution:I must contact tech support.

Seen this since SL came out, on 4 different machines, 2 different accounts and at least 6 clean AO installs.
    Is this me? I've regularly seen people trying to swim to him to.
    Last edited by jivi; Sep 8th, 2010 at 21:34:04. Reason: GM came and said I should contact tech support

Quote Originally Posted by jivi View Post
    Is this me? I've regularly seen people trying to swim to him to.
    No, it is not you. I've also had the challenge to get the next quest part of him while he was not on the platform.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Dunno if this has been posted before...

Extruder Nutrition Bars are not splittable.
    Because Race Yalm

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast