Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Annoying small things everyone knows about yet have not been fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    It would be annoying, but why on earth would you need to move your bank toon into a BY?
    All the cool kids keep their Bank toon in Bore BY 1 Hvy.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    All the cool kids keep their Bank toon in Bore BY 1 Hvy.
    I can't go into Bore BY 1. Someone always knocks me down and takes my lunch money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

-If someone puts you on /follow and you go into sneak, they will still follow you.

-Agent nano Numbing Shock description:

Empowering the attacks of the Agent, the Numbing Shock will occasionally cause the Agent to inflict an additional 745 points of damage upon a successful attack. This will only occur on melee attacks.

-Walking and Sneaking are borked, you get caught on the cracks in the floor. There are little invisible walls everywhere that divert you into a different direction, which doesn't happen if you run over the same spots. This is most noticeable in missions, both RK and SL. This seemed to happen around the same time as the flying auto-level bug, and may be related.

-Still can't strip refined implants, or any implants with Jobe clusters.

-Barricades preventing you from zoning between adjacent zones, such as Tir -> Deep Artery Valley, and Belial Forest -> Eastern Fouls Plains.

I'm sure there's more.

zoning between GC and GS between the 2 towersites only works in 1 direction . if you wanna zone back it allways bugs....
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

I just found a very interesting piece of help text.

* open perk window
    * press "?" button in the top-right corner
    * an info window opens with a help text

After removing one perk, you will not be able to remove another perk for three hours. You will however be able to use the regained perk point on another perk immediately.
    Aside from the fact that the timeout is now 2 hours... was it really 3 hours some time ago?
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

I could have sworn the perk reset timer dropped from 72 hours to 24 hours (Version 15.7.2) to 2 hours (version 17.2.0).
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    I lol. Rolled a new toon the other night and ran into this. Kind of a crap shoot on whether you spelled it right or not...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Heres one, dunno if they would consider it a bug or not but...If you turn off "Show other's effects" in you f10 menu, it turns off on all your toons. I need it off when using a toon with an advanced scent sensor on, but on when I do s7 with my doc because of the tower boss that has the lightning effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    Heres one, dunno if they would consider it a bug or not but...If you turn off "Show other's effects" in you f10 menu, it turns off on all your toons. I need it off when using a toon with an advanced scent sensor on, but on when I do s7 with my doc because of the tower boss that has the lightning effect.
    It happens with almost all f10 options and camera position as well. Kinda annoying cause I use completely diferent camera zoom and pos on my Enf and my MP.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Beconing still bugged. Ran poisonous bite, another adv in team did baconing, and damagetype got reset to gun type.

Quote Originally Posted by badorde View Post
    Beconing still bugged. Ran poisonous bite, another adv in team did baconing, and damagetype got reset to gun type.
    I prefer my baconing with two eggs & a side of hash-browns.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Please add an owner 'tag' (anything to identify with 100% certainty whose pet it is) in every logged output concerning pets, so the makers of damage dumpers can actually implement it.

For example, let's say there's a crat named "Somecrat" and his pet is named "SomeNonUniquePetName",
    and there's an engi named "Someengi" whose pet is also called "SomeNonUniquePetName", so instead of:

"SomeNonUniquePetName hit Beast for 2345 points of melee damage."
    "SomeNonUniquePetName hit Beast for 3456 points of melee damage."

it should give something like:
    "Somecrat's pet SomeNonUniquePetName hit Beast for 2345 points of melee damage."
    "Someengi's pet SomeNonUniquePetName hit Beast for 3456 points of melee damage."

The biggest problem is when crats charm mobs in pande/missions, that bare the same name throughout the whole zone/mission.

Seems like a very easy thing to implement... wtb ! (ever since I started making zDD)

Please, no one give me workarounds, since there aren't any that will work 100% of the time with 100% accuracy, there's a way to break them all.
    (example: how to reliably tell what charmed pet belongs to who, if you have 2 crats, that aren't you, both of which charmed a blue pande mob, and used /pet hunt - before you got to see them getting charmed and given that command)
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

- Cant loot chests while a nano is in recharge.

- Some odd mob, not even visible on map window has agg on you and preventing you looting a chest on the other side of mission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwop View Post
    -If someone puts you on /follow and you go into sneak, they will still follow you.
    only if they see you.
    If they dont see, they run off the edge on pande and say "i lagged over the edge" on raid chat

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    Please add an owner 'tag' (anything to identify with 100% certainty whose pet it is) in every logged output concerning pets, so the makers of damage dumpers can actually implement it.
    also add critical hit indicator, name of perk- & nanoattacks, unit deaths and casted nondamaging buffs and perks.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Mar 29th, 2011 at 14:15:42.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    also add critical hit indicator, name of perk- & nanoattacks, unit deaths and casted nondamaging buffs and perks.
    after i read that http://usuallyfine.blogspot.com/2011...win-fence.html about debugging darwin-fence deaths..
    now what if those nasty epsilon purges would have shown in players combat log it would have been trivial to point out what happened to immunity-nano.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Apr 5th, 2011 at 19:28:44.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Ticked a few things off the list - Pulcinella's dialog has been updated, and HUD items aren't supposed to hotswap from backpacks.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

I got this dialog for one step of the Jobe Scientist quest in Scheol:

Learn about the gardens
    Description:
    Learn about the gardens

Dr. Darnell told you to visit the Garden of Roch here in Scheol.
    She gave you the proper insignia that you need to use in order to access the garden, and now she hopes that you can learn something from visiting the Garden of Roch.

Find the Ocra Statue
    Target the Roch Statue with an insignia of Ocra
    Talk to Operator Bhotaar-Bhotaar Roch
    Return to Social Anthropologist Dr. Darnell
    Update:
    I petitioned about this and got an answer after about 30-35 mins.

You have to TARGET an Ocra statue first. Then TARGET a Roch statue. Then use the insignia you got from Dr. Darnell and talk to the appropriate guy in one of the gardens.

Problem solved but still annoying that the mission text is flawed.
    Last edited by alfora; Apr 23rd, 2011 at 23:08:51. Reason: Petitioned and problem solved with help from GM
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Chat

That you can "join" a private channel without actually subscribing to it. Lots of newbies makes this mistake, please fix! <<< siriusfaec!

Nano-effects

Some options have no effect whatsoever, to my knowledge at least. I can't turn of buffs/glow after a buff been casted. It's like all or nothing, which is a bit annoying. I like to see roots etc, but not the glow/cloud each something is casted.

Hmm, I can add a few more I suppose .

Zoning issues:
    * Doors are often hard to enter. I think we all know that we often need to run around in a door a bit before zoning is initiated. It's even worse when in yalm. It also depends on the door. For example, FT in Bor seems to work decently well (though not perfect I believe), but I remember much more trouble with for example Clan Mission Agency, Yalm shop in Harry's and most RK mission entrances.
    In all of those cases, zoning eventually works, but it's highly frustrating sometimes.

* The door to the antique shop in Borealis extends quite a lot to the left (if you stand outside and in front of it). This means that you often zone inside when you're in the little alley to the left.

* When trying to zone into the Newland Yalm shop, you often rubberband back a few meters.

Geometry issue:
    * If you jump against the wall above the doorways in the daily mission offices, there is a good chance you get stuck. It's possible to swim/jump/run out.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast