Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Annoying small things everyone knows about yet have not been fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite0 View Post
    Zoning OUT of a player shop positions you so that your standing inside the small stairway that leads to the entrance of it. This makes it so when u run forward you ALWAYS rubberband at least once.
    It felt like an issue similar to the top steps in SL dungeons to me. If I jump as soon as I come out of a player shop I am able to continue forward normally without being stuck, rubberbanding, etc..
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Exit DB 2 instance & you'll get stuck by the portal. It's annoying.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Theres also the big room with the lava in inferno missions where u can fall through the floor and get stuck. No way to get out without /peition stuck.

Couple more:

- When inspecting somebody, squares are "redded out" like their gear is OE, and which squares are red depends on which of your gear is OE. A little remnant of copying and pasting the code from one window to another, or something.

- The funky circular portals connecting the Jobe platform to Harbor/Market/Plaza won't zone you if you're riding a hoverboard. Nevermind, I must have just been lagging/syncing that one time.
    Last edited by Azza; May 16th, 2010 at 19:38:03.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Couple more, not sure if they've been posted yet:

There's a hole somewhere in the wall between the Senior Agency Handler's room and the main room of the daily mission building that can lead to getting stuck. It's not that bad, you can /stuck out so long as you don't land in the part that for some reason puts you in swim mode.

Also, there's an invisible wall along the path to the jumpoff in Inferno. The place is a geometric nightmare, but this is one of the more irksome examples. The wall terminates at the coordinates below. I think that the ramp up to the cliff was designed with a margin of error for ground height, and actually extends below the ground, as do the invisible barriers keeping you on the path. Instead of keeping you on, however, running into them before you reach the path actually guides you down into the lava underneath if you aren't paying attention or if you don't know it's there. Shortening this wall by a bit would help folks who are just reaching Inf (I still remember my first run through - scary ^^); more than that, i think it fits the thread title perfectly.

Speaking of ye olde thread, haven't seen an update to the first few posts in a while. Is this dead?

Oh, almost forgot.

Extended location information:
    - 1203.0, 888.5, 98.8 (1203.0 888.5 y 98.8 4005)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51100:4005 GS=0 SG=0 R=4005, resource: 4005
    - zone: 2230, area: "The Crown"
    Server id: 3152, character id: 50000:, time: 2010-05-21 09:16:33 (UTC)
    Version: 18.3.5_EP1, map id: 18.3.5.0_12.05.2010_15.10.39, build: 48821.

Edit: forgot about one more. If there's any way for your planetmap to detect whether you're in a RK zone or SL, which there might be (hey, works for nanos), can we please have a planetmap that automatically switches between them?
    Last edited by mansh0; May 21st, 2010 at 10:33:06.

Quote Originally Posted by mansh0 View Post
    Edit: forgot about one more. If there's any way for your planetmap to detect whether you're in a RK zone or SL, which there might be (hey, works for nanos), can we please have a planetmap that automatically switches between them?
    Planetmaps are grouped by RK & Other.
    The issue with having this as a mandatory feature, is that it'd be extremely annoying in the following example:
    You're in rome. You're supposed to go somewhere else. You check the planet map throughly to find out exactly where.
    Once you find out where, you run through jobe wompah (SL zone), map resets, and you lost the 'custom' location you had selected.

If it can be made an option somewhere; In F10 or along the "show buttons" checkbox on the little "i" at the top left side of the planetmap window, however, this would be a neat feature.
    Just make sure the planetmap doesn't reload on every zone.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    I'll go on and update the top two posts once they fix at least one thing in the list as the perceived usefulness of this thread is dependant on whether reporting all these things actually makes a difference at all.

The shadow of a sneaking person is sometimes visible.
    Needs no further explanation.

18.3.2 Update Notes

Concealment/Perception Mechanic changes:

- The shadow of concealed players should no longer display to others.

- All Concealment type messages (eg: "PlayerX tried to hide but failed" or "Shadowleet appears") will no longer display in chat.

- Concealment/perception checks will now be properly checked on the server rather than client-side.

Sounds fixed to me.

Speaking of ye olde thread, haven't seen an update to the first few posts in a while. Is this dead?
    The shadow of a sneaking person is sometimes visible.
    Needs no further explanation.

Sounds fixed to me.
    Thanks. I'll update the complete thread in a few days, I promise. It's been a bit hectic since the patch (didn't even have the chance to do Collector yet )
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Tir wompas have the wrong sound.

When you exit the bar in bor where you get pvp missions, you are placed facing the door (unless you back out ).

It's not really an old issue, as the place only just came into existance with the last patch, but its still a problem haunting many places in AO

edit:

I went through the list on page 1 and noticed that the teleporter from Jobe Platform to Jobe Harbor wasnt mentioned either. It also faces you in the wrong direction when coming from plat to harb.
    Last edited by crude4gone; May 23rd, 2010 at 03:55:30.

Im going to admit I didnt read though this whole thing but I just noticed that the Icy shoulderpads are Right side only but their Icon is facing for the left.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    When you exit the bar in bor where you get pvp missions, you are placed facing the door (unless you back out ).

It's not really an old issue, as the place only just came into existance with the last patch, but its still a problem haunting many places in AO

edit:

I went through the list on page 1 and noticed that the teleporter from Jobe Platform to Jobe Harbor wasnt mentioned either. It also faces you in the wrong direction when coming from plat to harb.
    A couple more like this:

- Exiting the daily mission building in OA faces you north, even though the door would be pointing west.

- Zoning both into the out of the underwater unredeemed temple in Ado places you facing the door you just went through.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Quote Originally Posted by Azza View Post
    A couple more like this:

- Exiting the daily mission building in OA faces you north, even though the door would be pointing west.

- Zoning both into the out of the underwater unredeemed temple in Ado places you facing the door you just went through.
    Got a freaking book going on this . I'll post it as soon as I get a chance to look through.

LoX Hub and the two new city playfields are named <6XXX> or Unknown Playfield 6101/6102 etc etc on login/gms etc.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Waypoint uploaded to map and compass.
    Mission is not in this area. You will be informed when entering correct area.

you never actually get informed :/
    Vetus
    Mikrometa

This one is new, but started happening after a recent patch: Attempting to enter the Newland City Specialty Shop (where you can buy yalms and also find the Trader Store) now rubberbands me west to where the vendor that sells the T-Shirts stands. I can only zone into the shop if I walk into the door. Running into the doorway always pops me a few meters west.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Dunno if anyone has mentioned this graphical glitch but in most playfields, your character is hovering anything from ~10cm to half a meter up from the ground.

Take a look yourself next time, it gets really annoying when you notice. This is possibly worst (and most easily noticeable) at the Unicorn Outpost
    220 Crat, 216 MP, 174 Trader, 165 Shade

Vanishing specials

Burst skill available.
    You hit Heckler of Stones for 209 points of energy damage.
    You hit Heckler of Stones for 209 points of energy damage.
    Unable to perform action, Burst skill is locked, able in 00:00:24

Pretty sure this counts as a miss but get no feedback on it. No clue why it happens it just randomly does.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Yalming up while swimming will give you a slow yalm.

Small issue:

When handing in spec 3, the professor says: "You reckognize this?"

Spelling is a bit out
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA