Thread: Heal Nerf

Heal Nerf

Does anyone know anyone about this sopossed heal nerf that is comming? I am not doubting it is, I am just curious of what is going to be changed? Should I keep dumping endless amounts of time on my doctor? Some details would be nice so we could discuss them.

1. docs are OP'd.
    2. docs have like 10x more healing power than they did 4 years ago
    3. raids are like getting drunk chicks in bed
    4. docs have way more offence and defence than they've ever had
    5. a healing nerf is only one of several terrihorrinasty things that might happen to docs.

you should keep playing your doc because doc's are always needed to make raids.

No one has any clue what FC is going to do about heals

Nooba is being a troll

1. So is everyone else you have trouble killing.
    2. ICH/Team heals are the only addition to our defense, both are near worthless for our personal survival.
    3. Thats because everyone elses defense and offense have been vastly improved.
    4. So does everyone else.
    5. Heal nerf is because dmg is suppose to be lowered around the table, and ppl QQ about docs.
    Last edited by Kazeren; Jan 5th, 2010 at 06:18:55.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    1. Deleted for reasons obvious.
    What a troll lawl

Thanks for the info Jaxaz. As usual, you are helpful =)

As if they are actually going to nerf the docs after 2 years+ of constant pumping them into current madness. AO needs:

a) serious heal nerf
    b) more backup healer classes who can actually outheal something, so both FC and the rest of community stops being hostages of the doctor whine squad.

Do that and watch these boards explode.

What madness Mr. Troll?

ICH/Team heals/ILC/TDB is all that doctors received in the past 2 years.

ICH - Great for when your lacking a doctor, helpful because of low population, allows for a smaller raid instead of zergs. Offers nothing for the doc themselves.

Team heals - Was long overdue and had been on wishlist for a long time. Makes healing in raids simpler and thats about it. Offers nothing for the doc themselves.

ILC - Increased our hp and our team members raising survivability a bit and allows us to be more relaxed about the squishes. I know your a big whiner about it because it can be instant casted in pvp while a doctor is debuffs, thats total madness though!!!

TDB - Lowered the NCU cost of the hot and made it heal slighty better and made it team wide. Personal benefit none unless you count the it only taking 1 NCU, but it still takes the 64? free ncu to cast so none really.

Aside from ICH our abilitys in pvm have chanced little. Why the hell should our tool set be nerfed because everyone else's defense and offense has gotten better. So much better that they don't need heals. Would like for you to explain to me how this would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    As if they are actually going to nerf the docs after 2 years+ of constant pumping them into current madness. AO needs:

a) serious heal nerf
    b) more backup healer classes who can actually outheal something, so both FC and the rest of community stops being hostages of the doctor whine squad.

Do that and watch these boards explode.
    lol Alcoydel
    so docs can kill engs that don't perk a certain way.. doesn't mean they are uber in ANY sense.

Lets do a list of what makes doc's only active defense (Healing) go boom:

Deprive / Ransack. Nanite and otherwise. (Traders / FP'd Agents)
    Stuns (proc and weapon) (Crat / MA / Solpers / Agents / Enforcers / most melee users )
    Nano Removing: Grand Theft Hell (Trader) / Engineer Perk (or Mine)
    Fears (Enfocer)
    NSD/ENSD (Meta-Phys)
    Remedy Inhibitor (Solper)
    Red Dawn/Dusk (MA)
    Crat Init Debuffs
    MA Init Debuffs
    MP Init Defbuffs
    Doc Init Debuffs
    etc
    etc
    etc

So cry me a river that some professions can't time their perks/alpha properly to take a doc down; all it takes is a dshark sold swapping or a RE soldier pewpewing to kill a doc.
    Or 2 professions timing their perks/nanos/specials.
    Or ANY of the other professions that can chain root (Crat / Fixer / Trader / NT), which removes kiting/using line of sight from being a plausible way to survive.

at 220/30/70, endgame setup (pvp oriented: nr1 perked and focused, nano init setup (15% agg), all alphas, etc etc), Docs still go down fast to people who know how to play their professions properly.

what about doctor that aren't endgame and not-twinked to the nine? cannon fodder / easily killed.

so please, use logic.
    Last edited by Grafter; Jan 5th, 2010 at 18:03:22.
    RK1
    "Send Pics Plz". Meta-Wha? Noodz plz. 83/8.
    "Eye Makeshiz Foryou". Pimpin' Eng Of Doom. he's the SHIZ. 174/18.
    "Jack Grafter Torrence". I Like To Boom Boom Booooom. 220/zomg. AI30! .

RK2
    "Perk Grafter Reset". 216/22. RK2's Retired Bukkake Doc. idle since 2007.
    "Perk Graftor Reset". 142/15. RK2's Retired Pvp Doc idle since 2006

See there is no nerf yet and they're already here

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeren View Post
    ILC - Increased our hp and our team members raising survivability a bit and allows us to be more relaxed about the squishes. I know your a big whiner about it because it can be instant casted in pvp while a doctor is debuffs, thats total madness though!!!
    Yeah its total madness because its an unintended mechanic. Its funny how people start taking broken **** like that for given and treating as intended just because they are around long enough .

Yeh i can safely say that my stripped down 219 Enforcer with no armor, ql 230 Symbiants and not even all hudslots filled had an easy time Alphaing 220 Doctors (who knows if they actually knew what they were doing or if they were actually afk in BS) but u dont need to be especially good to kill a 220 Doctor. However, u do need to be good to kill a good doctor who knows what he/she is doing. Even tho that still doesnt mean that the doctor isnt killable at all. (To add, no i wasnt helped killing those docs it was actually 1 on 1, which in BS is actually rare but still)

Im not gonna say my doc is awsome cause its not, but i survive most ppl one on one. But in the end theres always ppl better than u so ive died to soldiers, enforcers, traders, crats, fixers, metaphysicists, engineers, keepers and martial artists. Pretty much every proffesion there is out there. But they do need atleast a bit of skill.

Back on topic tho, i have no idea what they plan on doing with healnerf except that i heard rumours about Complete heals possibly being nerfed. But in which way that would happen to be, i have no clue.

But saying a proffesion is clearly OPed is stupid unless u play one urself and can clearly view at what points its so overpowered. I know atleast one doc that does say docs are overpowered tho so i guess u should talk to him about that.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    See there is no nerf yet and they're already here

Yeah its total madness because its an unintended mechanic. Its funny how people start taking broken **** like that for given and treating as intended just because they are around long enough .
    Why is it unintended? Every other short HP buff doctors have does the same thing, how can it not be intended?

Locking, since this has devolved into non-constructive bickering already.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM