Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nemesis Nanos!

Nemesis Nanos!

Sorry, but i really hate the idea of these nanos in the fist place so with the new re-balancing coming up is there any way to at least put a cool-down period on them or get rid of them altogether?

They really are not to annoying at tl7, because most people have nice NR, but at tl5 these things seem to ALWAYS land, I have 1.7k NR on my MA and enfs land it ALWAYS! Even if I counter once all they have to do is hit it again it will eventually land.

To me something has to be done about these nanos....

Quite possibly one of the worst things ever put in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Matammyr View Post
    Quite possibly one of the worst things ever put in game.
    Agreed.

And Anyone notice that each profession is Nemesis vs the stupidest profession

Enf gets vs MA...
    MA gets vs MP..
    Ady gets vs doc...
    Soldier gets vs shade...etc...

Anyways in most cases these nanos benefit a profession that does not need any help what so ever vs their "nemesis"

Again...This does not apply so much to tl7, although I am sure it lands even when it is not suppose to...but me being a tl5 whore...these nanos are a nightmare i can land mine fairly easily on MPs...not that I NEED it to to kill any of em..

Remove procs while your at it plz <3

Removing them would be for the best. Rock paper scissors pvp is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeren View Post
    Rock paper scissors pvp is boring.
    Right cause "I hit my button first" PvP is so much better.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Nemesis nano's could be removed and AO would be a better place to PvP the same instant

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    In some cases it's actually the one who hits the button first who looses...

The difference here as opposed to proc's is that people decide when what happens, and whether they want it to happen at all...
    Proc's are just a draw of luck, nothing else and that is what most people, myself included dislike about proc's.
    That.. or their effects are too big... Their effect could be made smaller to the point where they won't really decide a fight, but then who wanna grind to get them?
    Last edited by Mekh; Jan 14th, 2010 at 07:25:19.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Proc's are just a draw of luck
    As is your damage.. or your evades dodging something.. or your NR resisting something.. or how much you heal.. or how much your nuke does.. or if your pets hit.. or how much damage pets do.. etc etc

9/10ths of this game is based off luck, I don't get why everyone just points at procs and complains.

Furthermore procs exist in many forms prior to Lost Eden, yet it's only the LE ones people complain about.

:shrug:
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor

the only nemesis nano I can think of that is actually useful and isn't retardedly OP'd is the keeper vs agent one.

sure, you say, -1200 rifle skill isn't OP'd (sarcasm) but, in reality, it has a long cast time, it has very short duration, and, any agent with ANY skill, just waits for the nano to terminate before busting a cap in my ass. furthermore, If I want to cast it more than twice, I need to really tweak my setup to cast it multiple times.

Besides, if keepers don't slow down TL5 agents, who will? you see the OP'dness? someone needs to put those guys in check with their 200-3 duel wins? pff, please. In reality, against good agents, I still don't stand a chance.

Better then forum pvp.

No though. Everyone having a chance to kill everyone is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    the only nemesis nano I can think of that is actually useful and isn't retardedly OP'd is the keeper vs agent one.

sure, you say, -1200 rifle skill isn't OP'd (sarcasm) but, in reality, it has a long cast time, it has very short duration, and, any agent with ANY skill, just waits for the nano to terminate before busting a cap in my ass. furthermore, If I want to cast it more than twice, I need to really tweak my setup to cast it multiple times.

Besides, if keepers don't slow down TL5 agents, who will? you see the OP'dness? someone needs to put those guys in check with their 200-3 duel wins? pff, please. In reality, against good agents, I still don't stand a chance.
    pfft agent...MA is agents worst nightmare unless they use fp soldier ofc :P

On topic...Keepers are not really all that good at tl5 now anyway, even with nemisis nano a fp doc agent will lol and AS them to death...

Quote Originally Posted by Ediv3000 View Post
    pfft agent...MA is agents worst nightmare unless they use fp soldier ofc :P
    This.
    Menkyo Ilikedagunz2: 200/2x XP Grinding Opi MA
    Judashero: 60/6 Untwinked Trox Soldier
    Revocation: 58/6 NM Crat E
    Takainohebun: 30/3 Trox MA E
    Jeezusaurus: 21/2 Trox Enf E
    Okuiri Takainoakki: 15/2 Trox MA E
    Bachiatari: 9/1 Untwinked Trox Enf
    Peddler Itami: 5/1 Trox Trader E

Bump

Nemesis nanos are the opposite of balance so removing them should be the first step on the long path to balance.

Yep the only ones that are semi balanced I think are the keeper one and the NT one.

Keeper one is balanced until you start getting target is out of range messages and the agent in question just kites you around until the debuff runs out.
    Rubennib [220/30 keeper]
    Darooses [220/23 crat]
    Rubedoc [220/25 doc]
    Keritan [220/25 enf]

and a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rub View Post
    Keeper one is balanced until you start getting target is out of range messages and the agent in question just kites you around until the debuff runs out.
    You mean agents don't kite melee profs around anyway?
    Menkyo Ilikedagunz2: 200/2x XP Grinding Opi MA
    Judashero: 60/6 Untwinked Trox Soldier
    Revocation: 58/6 NM Crat E
    Takainohebun: 30/3 Trox MA E
    Jeezusaurus: 21/2 Trox Enf E
    Okuiri Takainoakki: 15/2 Trox MA E
    Bachiatari: 9/1 Untwinked Trox Enf
    Peddler Itami: 5/1 Trox Trader E

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeren View Post
    No though. Everyone having a chance to kill everyone is the best.
    Depends on the chance. Everyone having equal chance to kill everyone would be boring. Why have 14 different professions in that case?

To add to the OP, lol @ NT getting nemesis against the profession with the highest NR in game and one of the highest runspeeds, with a cast capped nano.

All the nemesis nanos are very very poorly thought out. Nice idea, terribly implemented.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Depends on the chance. Everyone having equal chance to kill everyone would be boring. Why have 14 different professions in that case?

To add to the OP, lol @ NT getting nemesis against the profession with the highest NR in game and one of the highest runspeeds, with a cast capped nano.

All the nemesis nanos are very very poorly thought out. Nice idea, terribly implemented.
    Bump

I couldn't have said it better myself, I really am hoping that FC is taking this into consideration

I don't get why everyone just points at procs and complains.
    Because procs are the only thing that is 100% based on luck, other stuff isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9001 View Post
    Because procs are the only thing that is 100% based on luck, other stuff isn't.
    Everything is 100% based on luck.

No matter how much AR you have improving said luck you can still miss. You're mistaking good odds for certain fact.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Everything is 100% based on luck.

No matter how much AR you have improving said luck you can still miss. You're mistaking good odds for certain fact.
    True. However you have a sense of control with AR and everything else. Procs on the other hand are 100% random. It may very well come down to a psychological prospective of people simply not liking having some kind of control over their actions. However why are you defending procs so much, whats your reason for liking them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast