Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The don't merge SA/FA/AS timer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    You're comparing nukes to specials? Interesting. Are you to be found in restaurants commenting on how cheese tastes nothing like beef?
    You said FA should be capped. I ask in return that nukes should be capped as well. It doesn't matter if it's chicken or beef.

Bearing in mind the fact that LE nukes are going away since you brought nukes up, that doesn't change the fact that there's 2-3 attacks in the game that due to the damage they deal and the way they check in PvP, more HP becomes a detriment.?
    Actually what I originally said was that if my specials should be nerfed to 50% then hp needs to be nerfed as well. And maybe it will.

Or do you like the fact that a TL5 APT can cap your Soldier through TMS?
    I'm okay with not being able to tank apt's yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    You said FA should be capped. I ask in return that nukes should be capped as well. It doesn't matter if it's chicken or beef.

Actually what I originally said was that if my specials should be nerfed to 50% then hp needs to be nerfed as well. And maybe it will.
    I don't know if you fully understand the issue here. The entire mechanic of 30% caps is a joke. It means that you hit an Enforcer up to twice as hard as you hit a Crat. Why is that fair at all to the Enforcer being hit, or to the soldier hitting the crat? Oh yeah, it's not.

I'm pretty sure what Hacre is saying (we've had this same discussion in other threads) is that 30% caps need to go. Instead, it would be alot more fair for specials like AS and FA to hit for a fixed amount. That fixed amount should be roughly half of a normal FA. That means you could technically hit an NT for 7500 damage with a single FA. That is much more than normal. At the same time, you would only hit an Enforcer for 7500 damage. This also helps to make coon more useful without it being abused by low HP NTs. Advys would of course need to be looked at.

Let's face it, Enfos are supposed to be good at taking damage. Soldiers never should have been one of the best Enfo killers. Soldiers should be the best at killing people who aren't good at taking damage.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post

Let's face it, Enfos are supposed to be good at taking damage.
    In what world and from what planet are you? As much as this might butthurt someone, last thing we need is unstoppable-kiting profession with highest runspeed ingame and 25k alpha potential become also good at taking damage, and mind you Enforcers already ARE good at taking damage, just not against Soldiers. Its the stupid preconceptions based on misunderstanding of original prof descriptions that make things so hard to balance out.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    In what world and from what planet are you? As much as this might butthurt someone, last thing we need is unstoppable-kiting profession with highest runspeed ingame and 25k alpha potential become also good at taking damage, and mind you Enforcers already ARE good at taking damage, just not against Soldiers. Its the stupid preconceptions based on misunderstanding of original prof descriptions that make things so hard to balance out.
    God forbid that the main tank profession in game can ... uhh ... you know ... take damage. It's the rest of their tools that make no sense. Highest runspeed profession in game? No thank you. Nerf that. Tons and tons of NR? Nope, that's stupid. Huge alpha with de-inits and stuns spanning multiple weapon types? That's just plain retarded.

But they SHOULD have the ability to soak up damage fairly well. Granted they already are pretty good at that against professions without huge capping specials, but it's the professions with huge capping specials that kill them quite easily. For the rest of professions? Well, this change won't make any difference to them and they will go on fighting enfs like normal.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I honestly do not mind soldiers having good damage against an enforcer, except 100% of them whine their FA's do 1000 damage on average to them.

Oh, and Rage is supposed to be getting a lock out, so no more unstoppable killing machine.

Closing this thread, you clearly have not heeded the warning about arguing.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123