Thread: Nano resist....grr...

Nano resist....grr...

Why does this only seem to work with 1k+ nano resist and full defense?

Nano resist has abseloutley no effect in the lower levels making root-fragile professions at a disadvantage...Yes, i agree that certain professions should have diversity in strength at different levels but nano resist is a stat that should work just like dodge, duck, and evade does.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Ir probably does, the problem is that NR implants conflicts with just about everything and that there are no NR buffs/items in game... well, there are a few, but they aint exactly the bomb.

And, I can get over 1300 in evade closecombat. Does a yellow melee mob hit me on full def? Yup. Does a grey melee mob hit me? Yup. Not everytime, but far more then I feel comfortable with. Nanoresist seems exclusive to Enforcers runing Rage at the moment.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Problem is in the way resist works.

It's totally binary, either it bounces or it sticks.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Re: Nano resist....grr...

Originally posted by Flak "Stromm" Tempest

Nano resist has abseloutley no effect in the lower levels making root-fragile professions at a disadvantage...Yes, i agree that certain professions should have diversity in strength at different levels but nano resist is a stat that should work just like dodge, duck, and evade does.
    It works perfectly well, this is about as stupid as me complaining about that even when having 980 dodge ranged, a level 200 soldier is still able to crit me. FUNCOM WHY IS THIS?

Stop the fcking whining, PLEASE

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Re: Nano resist....grr...

Does it? News to me since I eat all trader debuffs at full def and with 1k+ NR. Must be the dark cloud above my head.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

yesterday i fought bribri lvl 200 MP and have beenable to land only one Divest after many tries (5 or 6 not much cause of NSD and my 100Ish NR : )).

after a 5 min fight in MMD i had to dive in the water for my first time to escape him andhis demon

do u really want NR to coutner every single nano casted on u
    it s a single skill not an invulnerabilty shield against nano.

If u can resist 1/3 of nanos cased on u i think this skill is awesome

Fixers can evade alhit u don t want them to resist all NFs i hope : )

Tavumebotte trader 174 who her NR since she reseted it to become a soldier like trader

Im a lvl 200 trader and yes, the nanoresist system does work.
    I have problems with ppl with highnanoresist.
    Once i tried 7 times with a divest on a fixer in ga IV on full def before i got in it.
    Enforcers with their nanoresist buff also makes it really hard to drain.
    So no nerfing or whining on this since it does work.
    Atleast at higher lvls im 100% sure of this fact.

NR TEST:

Me: 954 NR, opponent: 800 NR

She casts 10 dry plunders on me:
    result: 7 counters out of 10.

She sticks divest(advanced)/plunder(advanced) then casts 10 plunders on me:
    result: 7 counters out of 10.

I cast 10 dry plunders on her:
    8 counters out of 10.

Half

Thumbs down Re: Nano resist....grr...

if i only have 200 dodge ranged and go full offense i wont be able to dodge many of your shots either. nano resist works pretty well ( in case of boss and lvl 200+ mobs TOO well, in case they are not completely immune that is). asking (politely said) for further increases here will just make several professions close to unplayable.

I haven't resisted anything yet with maxed NR.... Dunno where you guys get these numbers.
    Guru - Averykins "Kylee6" Submissiv (15% River Series 6 Princess of 2002)
    Clan Eternal Fury