Thread: Pets Not Despawning Bug.

Pets Not Despawning Bug.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=567128

As stated in that thread, every so often someone will LD or fast exit from the game, wander off for a few hours, and then come back, log in, and then find their pets are still where they left them, fully buffed as though the buff timers froze, and it's been a few hours since they last logged out.

Pets should usually despawn after a few minutes of being logged out.

The developers are interested in finding out more about this bug and if it can be both replicated and normalized, so this is where we MPs come in. I need any reports of something similar happening to you and your pets, so if you go LD, log out, fast exit, etc., from the game for longer than, say, 15 minutes, then come back and your pets are still there waiting for you, I'd like to hear about it and so would the devs, apparently.

Any instances of this bug, please report here with date of event, rough time GMT (local works with time zone listed), duration you were logged out of game, and method of exiting game (alt+f4, LD, etc.). With any luck the developers might be able to figure out what the cause is and if they can make it more permanent, aka your pets are ALWAYS waiting for you when you log in!

lol that's a nice bug to have. I knew a way to get permanent pets (i.e. don't despawn after timer runs out) but I don't know this logoff/logon 2 hours later feature er... bug.

Is this a sploit discussion thread?
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Nope, very specifically discussing this exact bug and if it can be replicated. To my knowledge and that of Technogen, this is a bug, and one that FC has expressed interest in trying to replicate more reliably. So no exploit discussion here.

I haven't really experienced this bug on my MP, although I did recently on my engi when I LDed zoning into a shop.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Can't you fix the bugs that are negative for us first, instead of fixing a bug that would actually be nice? I've never had this bug though, and even if I had, I'm not sure if I'd want to tell you =P

Yeah, the part where the devs would like to make it always happen seems to be lost on most people reading these until I bring it up again after someone says that.

If it didn't break the server there is a good chance us Pet profs could convince the devs to make it a perm thing.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P