Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too many Solitus?

Too many Solitus?

I am one of those people in favor of breed changes. However, does anyone worry about everyone changing to Solitus?

My first 220 toon was an atrox fixer. I regret picking atrox because syms are much harder to put in. Ya ya, I know its possible to get anything in. But lets face it, a Solitus is far easier to get symbs in. I like how the charges help emphasize breed differences and I think that is great. But I also know that if I get the chance, every one of my toons will be a Solitus.

If there were breed specific buff items to help non soliyus toons equip symbs, then I would be more likely to stay atrox and would consider other breeds for my other toons. The thought of collecting all the no drop items that six TL7 toons need to equip alphas certainly is not something I really want to do. Once yes, no problem. Twice ok, but not as much fun. Third through sixth time, it starts to rank up there in my top 10 things in life I don't want to do.

If you had the chance, are you going Solitus?

My opi keeper is staying opi, my nm crat is staying nm, and my nm doc is staying nm. All of my lowbies are probably going to keep their current prof. But then again, I've yet to make the mistake of rolling a trox toon
    Rubennib [220/30 keeper]
    Darooses [220/23 crat]
    Rubedoc [220/25 doc]
    Keritan [220/25 enf]

and a few more.

Roll an Agent or Shade or NT or Trader or Doc or MA or MP...

Why are you assuming everyone will roll solitus? In today's AO, I believe it's true that any profession of any breed can get in Alpha symbs, so what exactly does a Solitus have the advantage over any other breed for, other than the easiest time to equip ALphas? I can already think in my head, for whatever prof and purpose, the breed I would choose and very few happen to be solitus. The solitus genome perks are .... average at best.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    The solitus genome perks are .... average at best.
    Which makes sense to me, the most average breed should have the most average perks.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Which makes sense to me, the most average breed should have the most average perks.
    People aren't going to gravitate towards choosing solitus as a breed because the perks are only average.

People aren't going to gravitate towards choosing solitus as a breed because the perks are only average.
    ...and I don't know what point you're trying to make with that reply...I agreed with you.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

...and I don't know what point you're trying to make with that reply...I agreed with you.
    Ah, I get you. I misinterpreted your meaning of average.

at least solitus looks damn good.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

but, but... afro?

Kidding. I always thought opisex was the sexiest breed anyway.. I think my current agent is staying opifex but i may very well roll a new agent and go trox..

Though, the idea of a second Tl7 is soooooo awful. I hate farming.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

And they should also have no major weaknesses, their greatest strength being through not having major weaknesses like the other breeds have

...wait a second.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

As well as soli perks being more than just "average" for a good number of profs.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    As well as soli perks being more than just "average" for a good number of profs.
    Like for adv, or MA, or agent, or fixer, or engi, or trader, or doc, or keeper, or crat, or soldier hmm I almost listed all professions in AO..

Not sure why, as for some of the classes you mentioned theres definitely better options than soli.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

soli is just easy option on many class. dont need much item farming to get alphas on and survival is pretty good on almost every1. its not best option for all classes but its working and easy
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

Most of my toons are solitus mainly cause they're sexy looking, i also wish there were more faces with tattoos.

tbh i think that whoever had picked *easy* breed long time ago - ALL of them will change to atrox now with all the new *easytwink* items in game Atrox invasion inc

P.S. solitus looks horrible. cant get ppl telling it looks good. they probably never had atrox at all
    Rapped 220/30/70 Enforcer game over equip retired
    Rapzilla 220/30/70 Adventurer game over equip mr newb?
    Mayhemia 220/30/70 NT game over equip Fixer's best frand
    Rippli 220/25/70 Soldier new equip BS junkie
    Amazinghorse aka Rippped 170/24/42 Agent equip new OP tl5 tool
    Rappjr work in progress
    Rippped 207/30/70 Agent fastest AI30 Ever?

General of Quetzfags // General of The Asylum

i have lvl 220 trox crat with all the twink stuff available atm and no way i can equip more then those 5 alphas he has on right now. rest is betas so as much as i love his look as trox i'll go for solitus just to be able to wear full alpha symb set i already have prepared like 2 years (farming betas was matter of few days)

solitus easy mode FTW
    [] |_| |* \/\/ /-\ `/

Mmm, finally able to change failopi to soli ma! <3
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

any profession of any breed can get in Alpha symbs
    trox engis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast