Thread: Weird AO-audios...

Weird AO-audios...

I tried to look around for legendary "ding"-effect of ao and found myself listening to some random clips...

I found once of Bronto-burger advertising at Anarchy Online\cd_image\sound\sfx\ingame\object\bronto_01. wav to bronto_09.wav

Pretty much a weird experience to hear those ones... Specialy 06 and 07 gives me chills...

Anyone has come around anything other intresting stuff apart from Yotto's song ;D
    Last edited by Ekarona; Dec 22nd, 2009 at 00:59:28.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I like a lot of the ones in this folder

I haven't found much really great in the few times I've poked through, but I used to just put the random background music into winamp and listen to it while doingother things. I also had my old computer say "Hello Citizen" from the AO sound files on login, and an explosion from them on log out.

Did you ever find the Ding?

cue Trousers in 5, 4, 3 ...

Anarchy Online\cd_image\sound\sfx\spells

How come we don't here any of these "buff" and "cast" spell sound effects ingame?:P And why are they called spells when they should be called nanos?

I really wish Means and the crew could make all the sounds work the way they're intended to ingame. Would make the experience so much better, especially in conjunction with a new engine.
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Dec 22nd, 2009 at 06:18:11.

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    cue Trousers in 5, 4, 3 ...
    Pfft, I don't repeat myself. They can look in the other thread about where the ding sound is, haha

But for the record that thread is here.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

besides, im the one that answered! and i didnt google it or anything, i just went and looked in the obvious place

cue Anarinna in 5, 4, 3 ...

More great stuff:
    \Anarchy Online\cd_image\sound\sfx\cc\ah
    specialy bimbo_testsubject.wav Great humor there too... Other stuff there isn't too bad either, I wish I could visit arrival hall again...

\Anarchy Online\cd_image\sound\sfx\ingame\city\walkie_*.wav

Haven't played sounds on for long time, but these aren't even in game? What a shame...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    More great stuff:
    specialy bimbo_testsubject.wav Great humor there too... Other stuff there isn't too bad either, I wish I could visit arrival hall again...

\Anarchy Online\cd_image\sound\sfx\ingame\city\walkie_*.wav

Haven't played sounds on for long time, but these aren't even in game? What a shame...
    The shameful part is that all of these sounds WERE working at one time, then through various *chortle* "patches" *guffaw* and *snicker* "fixes" *chuckle* they were borked by the "working as intended" crews during the reigns of Znore and Gaute. Early on in his tenure, Sil mentioned going through and "reactivating" all of the sounds but somehow it never happened.
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Dec 22nd, 2009 at 23:47:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post

How come we don't here any of these "buff" and "cast" spell sound effects ingame?:P And why are they called spells when they should be called nanos?

I really wish Means and the crew could make all the sounds work the way they're intended to ingame. Would make the experience so much better, especially in conjunction with a new engine.
    Asked over and over again, but I now think that it's Funcom policy to not deliver any audio support for the game. It's not like there is multi in multimedia. I dunno if a bug prevent it, but the LoX pf use the heal sound for the towers so I have doubts.

What Phix said, a whole lot of em were disabled in the SL "dark" era, never to be heard again. (along with actual cartridges ejecting from guns!)
    Last edited by Boltgun; Dec 23rd, 2009 at 13:01:47.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Asked over and over again, but I now think that it's Funcom policy to not deliver any audio support for the game. It's not like there is multi in multimedia. I dunno if a bug prevent it, but the LoX pf use the heal sound for the towers so I have doubts.

What Phix said, a whole lot of em were disabled in the SL era, never to be heard again. (along with actual cartridges ejecting from guns!)
    Yeah, I mean adding those sound-effects or missing musics would seriously kill the whole sound world...

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    What Phix said, a whole lot of em were disabled in the SL "dark" era, never to be heard again. (along with actual cartridges ejecting from guns!)
    Bring back the discharging shells!!!! I want that on my Silverback now!!!!
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    More great stuff:
    ah_femspeak_19.wav is also good.

I've made smth like a horror with AO sounds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc4nT25put8
    and
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlsCWHFwmAg

awesome weird sounds
    Comdriver, RK2 engi and RK1 since 2012
    WTB belt for engineering tools

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    hjyuhjyuyhjyuhj45uhy4gftrftrg2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxkRc...eature=related

This crashed my comp....happy now? :P
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post

Some of them do, although I couldn't tell you which ones don't. I can tell you that I use some of the AO sounds as "ding" sounds in IRC, to get my attention. And then when playing, I hear those same sounds and go scrambling at IRC to see who needs what...only to sheepishly realize it was the actual game! Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    cue Anarinna in 5, 4, 3 ...
    Eh, what now?
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Eh, what now?
    He's just predicting who will show up in the thread. And look, it worked. First he predicted Trousers, and Trousers posted. Now he predicted you, and you posted. He's the next Nostradamus imo.