Thread: What determines FA max hit?

What determines FA max hit?

hey guys, just wondering why i cant seem to hit a 13k FA, and other advs can. is it AR, FA skill or something else?
    220 Adv, 220 Doc, 216 MP, 215 Crat, 215 Enf, 162 Fix - Scooby Ka 2

The max hit is always 15k. How you get there is with a calculation containing attack rating (up to the weapon's MBS), full auto skill, the number of bullets in the gun (reloading before the FA helps) and +add damage. Especially add damage can make a significant difference on FA, as it's added to each bullet in the special. So if you get 100 more add damage, a 10-bullet full auto will hit for up to 1000 more.

What exactly could be wrong with your setup is hard to tell without knowing your setup though.
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

FA-Skill:
    - Influences FA interval
    - Influences the count of bullets FA is fireing (5 + 1 per 100 FA Skill)

ATK:
    - Influences the amount of damage per bullet
    - Influences the chance to hit the opposit

Damage Modifier (+Dmg, +Add All Off)
    - Raises ATK
    - Raises the min. damage and the max. damage of the weapon (not sure about that)

LG McTool

If I remember correctly your damage gain is halved at 10k, then halved again at 12.5k.

So for a 13k FA you'd need 10000 + 2*2500 + 4*500 = 17000 damage, i.e 1700 per bullet average. For a 15k FA you'd need 2500 damage per bullet which is only doable under very specific circumstances (like a trader running sacrifice)

here is my config, and thanks for answers as well
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=153811

about 2800 AR under kitty. also have poisonous bite running.

the JEPP's normal hits are 1373

so Phargus are you saying an adv could possibly do a 15k FA if the planets were in alignment?
    220 Adv, 220 Doc, 216 MP, 215 Crat, 215 Enf, 162 Fix - Scooby Ka 2

Quote Originally Posted by betc View Post
    the JEPP's normal hits are 1373
    JEPP clip = 10

10 * 1373 = 13,7k

so, get more Add Damage... you wont get 15k FA with this weapon if your regular hit aint 1500... or raise your crit chances. (roughly, you would have to crit 50% of the bullets)
    Last edited by Gridpain; Mar 19th, 2010 at 16:44:47.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by betc View Post
    so Phargus are you saying an adv could possibly do a 15k FA if the planets were in alignment?

Well you can get a pretty sick amount of add damage from buffs:

0248 - selfbuffs (frenzy running)
    0060 - machete flurry
    0400 - DB & 12m buffs
    0327 - Sold aura/horde
    0245 - Keeper aura/proc
    0025 - eng aoe aura
    1300 - sacrifice

= 2605 add damage

Under those conditions you could hit 15k FA in a medsuit and shopbought imps

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    JEPP clip = 10

10 * 1373 = 13,7k

so, get more Add Damage... you wont get 15k FA with this weapon if your regular hit aint 1500... or raise your crit chances. (roughly, you would have to crit 50% of the bullets)
    Did this change? In former days count of bullets of FA was independent of clipsize - unlogic but that's the way it has been.

It's been like that for as long as I can remember. You can only hit for 10 bullets from a 10-bullet clip gun.
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

12.4 Addendum concerning Full auto damage mechanics

As explained by Ikarus in his post about Full Auto damage testing, here are the mechanics of this special.

From 0 to 10K damage, no matter the number of bullets, damage is unchanged.
    From 10K to 11.5K damage, each bullet damage is halved.
    From 11K to 15K damage, each bullet damage is halved again.
    15K is the damage cap.

source

this is why you won't cap 15k self buffed with the JEPP.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Been runnin a Rnged Advy for awhile. IIRC I did ONE 14K FA....with a well stacked PvM team.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.