Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we not make the 3 sec AS interruptible?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyTruth View Post
    then take it away from them. don't nerf us with a def check. We need AS since our ar is too low to significantly hurt evade profs. Plus to people who say you can just run around and spam AS every 11 secs without putting any effort in your toon, nvr pvped as an agent. Currently, I can basically instantly kill any gimp agent. So much for their oped AS
    And any gimp agent can still cap AS on you easily.

Lets talk about good people though, please. It's even worse in their hands.
    214/20 Adv - Entventurer
    217+ Engi - Entity206
    220/20 Doc - Entagain
    220 Shade - Reali
    Orgless & Stripped.
    Awesome tradeskillers.

then take it away from them. don't nerf us with a def check. We need AS since our ar is too low to significantly hurt evade profs. Plus to people who say you can just run around and spam AS every 11 secs without putting any effort in your toon, nvr pvped as an agent. Currently, I can basically instantly kill any gimp agent. So much for their oped AS
    no one should have a high capping low recharge special that doesnt even take ac fully into account and has the best damage multiplier of any attack

Quote Originally Posted by tweeeek View Post
    no one should have a high capping low recharge special that doesnt even take ac fully into account and has the best damage multiplier of any attack
    There is no reason why not. A triple (for example) is far more powerful than AS, and effectively has no real def check, and the game ISNT broken because of it.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    There is no reason why not. A triple (for example) is far more powerful than AS, and effectively has no real def check, and the game ISNT broken because of it.
    There are a number of proffs that would disagree with that statement.

Some one explain to me why Agents should be exempt from the AR race? All other proffs have to sacrifice (to one extent or another), to be able to do damage. Should Agents get the best multiplier for AS? Absolutely. But any honest person will admit that, as far as mechanics go, AS is a horrible idea.

Low AR proffs will scream abut being unable to hit evaders, and without AS they are constant /fail mode. But if it takes a 100% hit/never miss/anyone can use it special to take down evaders, and thats ALL that works, then maybe evades need to be looked at.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    There are a number of proffs that would disagree with that statement.

Some one explain to me why Agents should be exempt from the AR race? All other proffs have to sacrifice (to one extent or another), to be able to do damage. Should Agents get the best multiplier for AS? Absolutely. But any honest person will admit that, as far as mechanics go, AS is a horrible idea.

Low AR proffs will scream abut being unable to hit evaders, and without AS they are constant /fail mode. But if it takes a 100% hit/never miss/anyone can use it special to take down evaders, and thats ALL that works, then maybe evades need to be looked at.
    The opinions of most people are are like children's playthings that have no merit. in the real world, NT's arent completely OP. They mangle some classes, but noone is putting them in the realm of ranged advs, because they aren't.

Agents shouldnt be exempt from the AR race. I agree. However, they should also have considerably more AR than anyone else in the game. They obviously don't right now which leads to

1) Agent AR needs a SERIOUS boost (as in +1000)
    or
    2) Evades in general need to be reconsidered for evade classes
    or
    3) There needs to be some kind of "Guaranteed" way of doing damage to maintain balance.

Currently we're at 3. 3 works also in the case of NT triples too, in the grand scheme of things it's really not that "broken" at all.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

1) Agent AR needs a SERIOUS boost (as in +1000)
    or
    2) Evades in general need to be reconsidered for evade classes
    or
    3) There needs to be some kind of "Guaranteed" way of doing damage to maintain balance.

Currently we're at 3. 3 works also in the case of NT triples too, in the grand scheme of things it's really not that "broken" at all.
    there should be no unavoidable attacks ingame, they should all have at least very low def checks or if there are unavoidable attacks they shouldnt also be high damage attacks they should be more along the lines of something like fling which has a faster recharge but doesnt do infy million damage.

i have no problem with any single aspect of as, it comes when you combine them or even most of them and suddenly its severely OP, a scope that adds 336 as, equipable at level 1 doesnt help at all either.

agents problems aside this is the problem with as

there should be no unavoidable attacks ingame, they should all have at least very low def checks or if there are unavoidable attacks they shouldnt also be high damage attacks they should be more along the lines of something like fling which has a faster recharge but doesnt do infy million damage.

i have no problem with any single aspect of as, it comes when you combine them or even most of them and suddenly its severely OP, a scope that adds 336 as, equipable at level 1 doesnt help at all either.

agents problems aside this is the problem with as
    Why should there be no unavoidable attacks?
    There are unavoidable attacks in other games. They do not break the game.
    It isnt breaking some core MMO rule, not at all.

And games are balanced with this fact, I mean if you had ALL attacks which were unblockable itd be different, but that isnt the case.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

That thinking led to nemesis nanos, and while it did the job from a maths point of view, it blows as a mechanic. AS was the bandaid to damage problems and now it's time to give it a serious look. It's not that I am really against 100% hit attack, I'm against a 100% hit that cap with 11s recharge.

If you need to have an attack with no defense check as some guys are running around with 100% chance to evade, dodge and duck, huge NR, along with heals, an absorb and reflects, something is wrong. At any rate it will make the game more ridiculous and create issues that will have to be fixed later.

So far most people are weak against something, fix evades but gets nuked, solds have terrible resists, etc... Trying to fix that should make you lose damage or a part of your original defense.

Maybe professions should have their own way of doing damage instead of slapping AS on them (and 80% check perks) and call it a day.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Dec 18th, 2009 at 08:48:49.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

what kinda pvp agent runs around sneaking in bs or mass pvp? a gimp one
    To add on that, I actually wanted Funcom to make use of crawling function. like ranged char get increase AR when crawling with a negative effect of reduce evade when crawling + another skilllock timer like concealment, so people dont crawling/decrawl to abuse the AR advantages.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Why should there be no unavoidable attacks?
    There are unavoidable attacks in other games. They do not break the game.
    It isnt breaking some core MMO rule, not at all.

And games are balanced with this fact, I mean if you had ALL attacks which were unblockable itd be different, but that isnt the case.
    its not that its unavoidable. its all of its attributes together that make it severly op

you cant avoid it

it works on multipliers(aka high damage)

it checks ac differently allowing for what should be crappy weapons to still do high damage hits
    theres an item that adds 336 as that you can equip at level 1, giving you 3.5 or so more multipliers and a reduced recharge of alot.

the check it had for pvm(which sucks) doesnt apply in pvp.

honestly i would be fine with agents having AS as it is now, but no other prof should, it should at the very least check ac normally and scopes should be removed i duno wtf people were thinking when they added an item that gave 300+ to any skill in such a manner

scopes were designed to sacrifice regular damage for critical and aimed shot damage, back when weapons had attack/recharge times and weapon damage actually meant something.

These days its all perks and specials only and everything has a capped attack speed

honestly i would be fine with agents having AS as it is now, but no other prof should, it should at the very least check ac normally and scopes should be removed i duno wtf people were thinking when they added an item that gave 300+ to any skill in such a manner
    Scope doesn't guarantee crazy high multipliers for any non Agent, and it also means with a scope in you're not using +150 def hud, or +75 AR hud etc.

The main issue with AS isn't what everyone is saying it is. It isn't because it doesn't check any evades and it isn't because it doesn't check against ACs. It's largely because non Agents that use AS (outside of multi swap alpha ganks) used it for so long because they had little other methods of dealing any actual damage in PvP. Those professions are starting to get other means of dealing damage, so utilising those means should be more attractive than AS.

Non Agents using AS make massive sacrifices to gain some personal DD and they still aren't guaranteed capped hits on anyone. If anything Agents should keep AS as is with other professions still wanting to use it capped at multiplier 10 or something. Supernova swaps already have a wicked recharge and on top of that there will be no more AS/FA/SA swapping due to the shared cooldown.

Funcom dropped the ball a little bit by fixing Pistol Mastery perks AND providing an AS pistol. Even there, though, the only profession anyone is complaining loudly about is Ranged Advies, yet according to the perk proposals, all PM users are being punished due to the mistake made over Ranged Advy power.

In other words, AS is getting enough checks and balances applied, without adding a load of defensive checks, interruptable aiming and god knows what else.

Signed, someone who doesn't use AS on any toon anymore and gets hit by it plenty.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12