Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

Ohforf... It's the second time the goddamn host zeroed out the parameter file on the server, for no apparent reason, that controls the downloader script.

Fixed, downloads should be working now (until they break it again).

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

"Arise, my daughter! Arise, Kerrig..." Oops, wrong game.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

Best gui! Bar none
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

This still alive?
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

Site is up, downloads are working, the latest version is (well, should be, anyway ) compatible with the game.
    So I'd say, it is.

On a related note: the 18.4.0 game update will require some changes to both the core files and all the themes. I'm keeping an eye on "testlive" to keep up with the changes, so hopefully I'll be able to release the update soon after the new game version goes live.

Good to hear I would hate to lose this GUI... although I'm sure I could figure out how to update it myself.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Which program do you use to compile the .uvgi/.uvga files? (I'm doing some research before starting on a new project)
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

AO Skintool v2.4 still works, with a bit of nudging; you need to delete an invalid looking line from the original .uvgi file when you want to unpack it, otherwise the tool throws an error and stops half way.
    No problems with compiling tho. The embedded PNG repack library is a nice feature, I've used it for other purposes too.

I hope the format won't be changed for the new engine; I probably could write a new tool, but I'd rather if I wouldn't have to...

I love you Honorbound
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    I hope the format won't be changed for the new engine; I probably could write a new tool, but I'd rather if I wouldn't have to...
    That's what my new project is about, actually. Sounds like the need isn't imminent though, so it'll get bumped down the list a little.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Problems

I have unpacked the core and the theme files into my AO CDimage folder and changed the setting to where the new GUI was being pointed to. When I go to open AO and reload the menus everything cramps up into the lower right hand corner and nothing changes. There is no bar at the bottom. I have tried cleaning up the GUI files leftover from before and doing a fresh install but I still get the same problem. Any help please? I would love to use this skin but im getting frustrated lol

Did you do the /setOption GUIName "nameofgui" and then hit reload menus on ctrl-shift-f7 menu?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Yup followed the instructions to the "T" and i cant seem to find where i went wrong if i did at all.

Im currently running at 1440x900x16 if that would make a difference at all and i have a screenshot of my problem

Seeing the screenshot might help to figure out what's causing this, although since the GUI is definitely working when installed properly (and screen resolution doesn't matter), it can't be much else than an installation error.

One thing worth noting: if you are on Vista/Win7, and have installed AO into the default C:\Program files\Funcom\Anarchy Online folder, then the GUI files are probably not where you think you had put them, courtesy of virtual store redirection, and thus no telling what AO actually "sees" of the files and how it tries to use them.

I recommend following this post to relocate your AO installation: Solving common installation/patching issues, especially on Vista or Win7
    Then you should install ndGUI again to the new AO install location to ensure all files are where they should be.

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/...uo/DTsucks.jpg

this is what i got after reloading the menus and restarting ao. I am leaning to it being a installation problem so im gonna follow that guide that was posted and see if i can get this shiz fixed

Based on the screenshot:
    - The core fileset is installed properly and has been activated succesfully
    - The theme was either installed incorrectly or you forgot to set it through the launcher's Settings menu; what you see is the new GUI configuration built from the default GUI elements

Ok so i followed the instructions to extract the theme files to the ao directory and it merged the cdimage files and then i selected the uvga file that came with the download...idk what else to do haha

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/..._uo/DTmini.jpg

went to try the darktech mini and this is what i got after restarting ao and reloading menus lol

Let's check some files and folders, shall we...

In the "..\Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\archives" folder, you should see:
    - a folder named "ndGUI"
    - a file named "GUIGFX.UVGA" (~1 MB)
    - a file named "GUIGFX.UVGI" (~26.4 kB)

In the "..\Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\archives\ndGUI" folder, you should see:
    - a file named "GUIGFX.UVGA" (~70-90 kB, depending on the installed theme)
    - a file named "GUIGFX.UVGI" (~9 kB)

If the ndGUI folder or the files inside are not present, then the theme was installed incorrectly.

If they are present, make sure that you did select the "GUIGFX.UVGI" file which is in the "ndGUI" folder, and not the one in the "archives" folder (which is the default location the file selection window opens with when you click on the Change button).
    So in the textarea next to the Change button, it should now read:
    "...\Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\archives\ndGUI\GUIGFX.UVG I"

When you are sure that you've selected the right .uvgi file, had logged into the game, and still see the old textures being used, log out, start the launcher again, and go to the Settings/GUI tab again.
    If now you see that the file selection has reverted to the "..\Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\archives\GUIGFX.UVGI" file, then you have a write permission error for the Prefs folder and/or any of its subfolders or files, thus even though you did everything correctly, your GUI selection simply couldn't be saved and the game is still using the default GUI because of this.
    In this case you need to find out why don't you have permissions to modify files in this location, which is covered in the post I've linked previously.

Omg thanks soo much looks awesome

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast