Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

Thanks a ton man that did the trick perfect!

Fantastic GUI, would not go back to the old.
    ****So good to be back!!****
    Always cheerful and excited!

I loaded this GUI. I love it, but now I find that I cannot open a chat box. Wonder if it's related?
    Krendell

What do you mean by "chat box"? Creating a new chat window into which you can direct / filter channels? Opening a "tell" window to another player?

I doubt it's related tho, the GUI hasn't been significantly changed in years and those things always worked so far.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

How do you undock the windows from the right side? I undocked the list of nanos, but I can't remember how I did it. I want some of my windows to float in the middle, like the inventory does.

Thanks for your help!
    Krendell

Heh, took me a while to remember it too after the prefs folder move...

Right click on the window header when it's docked on the rollup panel, so that the header sticks to the cursor, then left or right click (both works all the same) with it somewhere well off the right side of the screen to drop it as a normal standalone window which then can be moved around freely.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

Ok so I REALLY love the dark one, but is there a way to change the background in the bag windows? It is just too hard to see dark icon items against the dark background.

Only by unpacking the texture archive, replacing the given texture with a different one, then repacking it. In other words, by creating a completely new theme, with that one texture changed.

I wish the client would support an enumerated texture archive format, where it would look for multiple, numbered versions of the archive, read them one by one, and would keep replacing the internally stored textures with the ones it finds in the currently read (partial) archive until it runs out of archives to read. The functionality for this is already in place, that's how the client combines the default GUI with the custom one. It would only have to do additional passes in the custom GUI location to keep adding any additional texture archives it finds there instead of just the first one.

That would make it so much easier to replace individual textures if someone feels the need to, instead of having to create a million different complete archives, one for each tiny change. It would also allow the creation of "modular" themes where you can have a base texture set with parts meant for all variants, and additional smaller sets for parts which you want to be different (eg. a partial archive containing smaller / bigger pointers only, another one which only contains visible or transparent window headers, etc.).
    Last edited by Honorbound; Feb 18th, 2014 at 09:54:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    Only by unpacking the texture archive, replacing the given texture with a different one, then repacking it. In other words, by creating a completely new theme, with that one texture changed.
    You could use my GUI compiler as a library to create a tool which does this.
    Last edited by Demoder; Feb 18th, 2014 at 11:45:35.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaru View Post
    Ok so I REALLY love the dark one, but is there a way to change the background in the bag windows? It is just too hard to see dark icon items against the dark background.
    One more thing you can try if you feel like experimenting is installing the notum|morph theme, then reconfiguring it with the Theme Customizer: select the darktech preset, find the "Generic (item) slots" in the Special window elements category, change it to the dovvetech or dovvetech plain variant, then generate and apply the definition file.

This will change the look of all windows which can hold "item" type icons (inventory, bank, shop, mission terminal, all containers, etc.; you couldn't specify a separate look for each of those anyway, since there's only one texture which is used for all of them), but the rest of the GUI will still look like the regular darktech theme.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Feb 18th, 2014 at 13:48:35.

Been using glass darktech for years, have never thought once about switching back Dropping by to let you know that on Testlive there's currently a patch with modifications to the skills window, but that's the only thing I could find that wasn't functional with the most recent skin. Thanks for upholding this excellent mod ^.^

There are about half a dozen changed xml files (the skill window being the most complex), which will have to be updated, but the good news is that there appear to be no changes in the textures, which would be the bigger task to update.

Although I usually don't release beta versions for Testlive, depending on how long will the 18.7.0 branch be in testing, I might do it this time, assuming I can find some free time, of which I don't have much lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    There are about half a dozen changed xml files (the skill window being the most complex), which will have to be updated, but the good news is that there appear to be no changes in the textures, which would be the bigger task to update.

Although I usually don't release beta versions for Testlive, depending on how long will the 18.7.0 branch be in testing, I might do it this time, assuming I can find some free time, of which I don't have much lately.
    Hope that you can mate, I've been using it since it was possible to heh
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Exclamation ndGUI v4.34/18.7.0.17 Testlive Patch available

ndGUI v4.34/18.7.0.17 Testlive Patch is now available.

For details and download location, see the first post of the thread.

Thank you so much, never expected this so fast! You're the best! <3

Hi there! Thanks for the awesome GUI.
    I do have a question, however: is there any way I can remove the "crosshair" effect in the inventory slots and everywhere else is located? I want the inventory slots to be empty instead of having a crosshair in the background. Any way to do that? I'm using the darkmini version.
    If you don't like it, quit.
    If you're staying, stop bitching about it and help.
    If you don't wanna help, at least don't hurt it.

You can install the Morph theme variant (available only from the customizer page) and then use the Theme Customizer to load the darkmini preset, then switch the "Special window elements / Generic (item) slots" textures from "darktech" to "darktech plain".

URL in the OP appears to be down. Was going to download and check it out. Looks like a good addition, looking forward to trying it.

Exclamation ndGUI temporarily unavailable

As I completely missed Vhab's notification some time ago about no longer being able to host the ndGUI site, it went down some time between the last update (17th of December) and now.

Since, due to the missed notification, this came out of the blue for me, I need some time to set up something temporary to at least put the files to, until/if I can find a suitable long term solution.

A big thank you to Vhab for having hosted the ndGUI site for us in the past 3 years.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Dec 28th, 2014 at 15:04:11.

Exclamation ndGUI site partially restored

The ndGUI site has been partially moved to a new locaton at https://sites.google.com/site/notumdovvetech/.

Due to the limitations of the Google Sites service, the advanced GUI buliding functions (Contol Center Builder, Theme Customizer and Number Bar Aligner) are unavailable for the time being, until (and if) I can figure out how to get native JS working there, or can find some better solution where I can work with raw HTML/CSS/JS instead of having to try to hack my way through some damn "user friendly" CMS to be able to do what I want...
    Last edited by Honorbound; Dec 28th, 2014 at 15:05:13.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast