Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

It is, the way cursors work was changed in 18.6.
    • None will just show the plain (now colored) pointy cursor
    • Simple shows contextual icons besides that cursor, like the "old" use/attack/... cursors did
    • Detailed also shows a little mouse icon indicating what mouse button does what action
    Last edited by Misat0; Jan 23rd, 2013 at 10:30:32. Reason: Added option explanation
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    Do you like how they look or how the new cursor system works?
    Function is fine. It's the icons I can't stand.
    Because Race Yalm

I am running the ndGUI and I like it. BUT i was trying to get this http://ao.shadowlandshorde.com/ to work because I like the HUD based format and it's even more "techie" than Dovve. However, it doesn't. Instead I get stuck with some kind of hybrid between the default GUI and Dovvetech. Is it so that it simplydoesn't work anymore? Is there some other UI that works that looks about the same?
    Last edited by charybdis; Feb 3rd, 2013 at 12:55:46. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Function is fine. It's the icons I can't stand.
    I agree....looks like a Pokeman ball to me
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

@charybdis The GUI format on that screenshots is an old one, won't work today.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness

[ The Foolish Testers ]

As I mentioned earlier, game update 18.6.0 will require an ndGUI update.

Because of how the entire (custom) GUI management will be changed, the current ndGUI installation will become ineffective (after the update the client will fall back to the default GUI since it won't be able to find the referenced custom GUI where it's supposed to be), will have to be removed, and the updated version will have to be installed instead. The update/installation process will also be different; instructions will be given and need to be followed carefully.

I'll try to finalize everything during the downtime, but since I prefer to verify that everything (seem to) works as it should, the ndGUI update will only be released some time after the server is back up (and at least one of my characters have been migrated so that I can actually log in to do some testing).
    Last edited by Honorbound; Feb 25th, 2013 at 22:53:55.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

awesome, just glad your still at it. hands down still the best GUI's out there.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

*pushes Honor to the first place in the line*

Go for it, you know thee hungry wolves are waiting for ya.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Oh thank god you're still working on it. The default GUI is just awful...can't wait til the update!
    Based God.

What he said^^
    Docow 220/30/70 Doc (surprise eh?) Equip

Ruining The Asylum's chat since 2010!

I won't be logging in until nd is available for 18.6.

I love it that much!

Waiting as patiently as I can here too. I can't stand the default GUI anymore at all.
    Because Race Yalm

waiting for my favorite gui update!
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Exclamation ndGUI v4.34/18.6.0 available

ndGUI v4.34/18.6.0 is now available.

For details and download location, see the first post of the thread.

Important: Because of the changes introduced in 18.6.0, ndGUI needs to be updated in a specific way. Please follow the instructions posted in the News section of the ndGUI site carefully.

(Since the server came back up at around 11 pm local time, I couldn't perform testing and release right away for obvious reasons...)
    Last edited by Honorbound; Feb 27th, 2013 at 10:36:49.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

You rock, Honorbound
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

n00b question: where do i unpack the core files? In the (new) GUI folder, or in the AO installatoin folder, or ... ? I fail to find the answer on the website.

Into the GUI folder opened from the Settings window, that being the GUI folder and all... And putting the ndGUI folder itself there, not only the content of it.

nevermind
    Last edited by Tradeher; Feb 27th, 2013 at 12:24:30.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast