Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

honor, you need to pick a color pallet and stick to it m8 >.< the dark has gone from blue to green and now back to blue (think the green worked better)
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Can't say I've used this one before, but since it works with 18.5.0, I'm gonna give it a shot. It *has* to beat the default GUI, and the screenshots look very promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Collodion View Post
    I'll create a viral video to raise money to fight the evil hard water ring stains in toilet bowls. I'll raise millions to arm and equip thousands of Tidy Bowl Men. They will put up a good fight, but ultimately will lose the war. But at least I'll get a new car and a nice house with new toilet bowls out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    that helm helps so damn much for tl 4 and tl 5 twinks becose of the torturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdogg421 View Post
    honor, you need to pick a color pallet and stick to it m8 >.< the dark has gone from blue to green and now back to blue (think the green worked better)
    Nothing has been changed in ndGUI since the previous version, only what was required for compatibility, and those do not include any colour scheme changes. It sounds like an incorrect installation to me, either the current or the previous one.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Where'd the CC Team Menu go?

Guess I'll have to make one...
    It's right where it has always been in the past few years, in the Char menu. Not even incorrect installation could make it go away, since everything in that menu is in a single file and while you can misplace the whole file, which will result in the entire menu going AWOL, I can't think of a way to misplace a large chunk of the contents of the file... But users are known to be creative, so I guess nothing is entirely impossible...

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

oh? sorry, which of these did i install wrong then

this is the one i had pre-patch - http://i.imgur.com/TrGjW.jpg

and this is the one i have now - http://i.imgur.com/Uphi6.png

followed the installation instructions step by step.

@CDogg: I just copied TextColors.xml from my old 4.2 install to 4.3 and all's well. Team chat is green again too

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    It's right where it has always been in the past few years, in the Char menu. Not even incorrect installation could make it go away, since everything in that menu is in a single file and while you can misplace the whole file, which will result in the entire menu going AWOL, I can't think of a way to misplace a large chunk of the contents of the file... But users are known to be creative, so I guess nothing is entirely impossible...
    Nono, like this.

Sorry, forgot to mention that I updated from 4.2.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Jun 20th, 2012 at 17:19:12.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Cdogg421 View Post
    oh? sorry, which of these did i install wrong then

this is the one i had pre-patch - http://i.imgur.com/TrGjW.jpg

and this is the one i have now - http://i.imgur.com/Uphi6.png

followed the installation instructions step by step.
    Uhh... v4.33 vas updated to v4.34 on Dec 16. 2010. As part of that update, the colour scheme for the various windows displaying text (eg. chat, infoview, tooltips), and some other GUI elements were changed. So the colours have been like that for more than one and a half years; only you skipped an ndGUI update back then which finally has caught up with you.

thanks a ton major, that's what i needed ^^

oh i see, must've missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Sorry, forgot to mention that I updated from 4.2.
    Yes, that was the missing info. 4.3 has a different menu structure, but the SoftMenu can be set up to emulate the "Classic" menubar, although not perfectly.

Part of this imperfection is how to access the team menu: it has been moved to the Char menu, so in 4.34 it's one level deeper in the hierarchy than before. The team window itself, however, can be put on a SoftMenu button for direct access.

The generic design rule I tried to follow here is that it may be less of an inconvenience to put all windows which can be opened with hotkeys and are not needed all that often anyway, deeper into the menus, while those which are needed very often and/or do not have hotkeys at all should be accessible via the SoftMenu.

There is a hotkey for the LFT window (and also for the raid window, which is not needed that often anyway), but (I think) there is no hotkey for the team window, so it's available as a SoftMenu option, while the other two are tucked away deeper in the menus.

There is hotkey for team window. I just don't usually hide mine so I can't remember the exact hotkey but it is ctrl+some_number. Unless we are talking about something different in which case I will shut up and pretend that I didn't say anything.

Edit: I want to say ctrl+4 or ctrl+6 but can't check as I am at work and typing this from my phone.
    Last edited by Crowena; Jun 21st, 2012 at 19:03:06.

Ctrl+n where n is:
    1 - Wear
    2 - Controls
    3 - Knowledge
    4 - Missions
    5 - Team
    6 - PF Map
    7 - Friends
    8 - Nano Programs
    9 - Stats
    0 - NCU

Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Hah! That teaches me to trust my memory! It was the number between the two that I suggested!

Exclamation ndGUI Theme Customizer available

The ndGUI Theme Customizer is now available.

For details see the first post of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    So could you just change the regular Dovvetech to have squared window edges instead of rounded, then regular Dovvetech would be almost the same as Dovvetech Edge used to be and that would work for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    The only small change I would really like to see is the crosshair removed from inventory spaces, or at least an option for it
    Just as a bit of an example, these things, for example, are now possible with the Theme Customizer.

You can switch between the two border frame/header styles (or turn them off), and I've added a "no crosshair" version of the item slot tile (and you can also turn this off too) in both styles as options.

No ndGUI update was necessary for game update 18.5.1.

I've probably done something completely wrong, but I updated to the latest version a few days ago (Notum edge) and it seems that the soft buttons + the 3 drop down menus (char, info and misc) are now just blank buttons with no icons or anything. Tried to reinstall it, still to no avail!
    Any ideas?
    :: Azur "Kitace" Korza : 211/24 Fix ::
    :: Siri "Sirace" Autarii : 60/6 Enf ::
    :: Adria "Firace" Godfray : 182/9 Adv ::
    :: Tanis "Kirace" Solaris : 150/10 Doc ::
    :: April "Mirace" Mirana : 150/14 MA ::
    :: Reindeer of "Firepaw16" Funk : 121/0 Agent ::
    :: Ansi "Serace" Sereia : 133/12 Sol ::

'Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice.'

Did you also update / reinstall the theme package you are using to the latest one? The only thing I can think of that can cause the buttons (and the rest of the GUI) themselves display properly but without the icons on them is using an extremely outdated (like, nearly 3 years old, before those icons were reworked and renamed in the texture file and referenced differently in the core files from then on) theme package with the latest core package.

Simply downloading and installing the current version of the theme should work, but maybe it'd be the best if you completely removed the entire ndGUI install, both the core and the theme files, then downloaded and installed the latest version of both to make sure you got the up to date version of everything, and only that, but no leftover outdated files.

Hmm, the versions I downloaded were 4.34 for the core and the theme which I presume is the latest version, just did a clean install of 'em this morning and those buttons died again.

Also tried moving my prefs to a new folder to make it generate new ones, but to no avail!
    :: Azur "Kitace" Korza : 211/24 Fix ::
    :: Siri "Sirace" Autarii : 60/6 Enf ::
    :: Adria "Firace" Godfray : 182/9 Adv ::
    :: Tanis "Kirace" Solaris : 150/10 Doc ::
    :: April "Mirace" Mirana : 150/14 MA ::
    :: Reindeer of "Firepaw16" Funk : 121/0 Agent ::
    :: Ansi "Serace" Sereia : 133/12 Sol ::

'Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice.'

Did you use the config tool to uninstall and (re)activate ndGUI? Also, have you been away from the game for a long time and had a very old version installed previously? If you just deleted the folders manually, then re-extracted the packages, then try to run the config tool, select ndGUI State, deactivate ndGUI, then activate it again to see if that helps. If it did, then you have a very old theme installed in the old location, and you never updated your prefs to point to the new version instead. The old version is at cd_image\textures\archives\ndGUI, delete the entire ndGUI folder from the archives folder (but only the ndGUI folder and nothing else).

Do you have the game installed under Program Files on Vista / Win7 (/ Win8)? If so, the Virtual Store feature may have scattered the prefs and custom GUI files all over the place by now, so even if you think you have updated them, it may still cause the game to use some old version hidden in the virtualized area. See this thread to move AO out of there, then do a clean ndGUI install at the new location.

If none of the above helps, then I'm out of ideas, since what you are describing is impossible if you are in fact using up to date versions of both the core and theme files (the packages themselves are correct, I just downloaded and installed them to be sure). Since all GUI textures are in a single file, either all of them are displayed correctly, or none of them are; there is no way for only some of them to be displayed.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast